Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer

Crash Fistfight posted:

Can I get an invite to whatever EU PS4 guilds are going?
Psn is gu1tarsonist

Is there one? If there isn't I could start one. Or if there is, please invite me! PSN: kastanjegatan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

I'll take a bite whenever it's up again.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Are Templar pretty good at tanking and healing/support if built correctly? Should I ever focus on anything but magic/health? They seem most useful.

Crash Fistfight
Mar 29, 2007

First now I understood the true complexity of women.

Konec Hry posted:

Is there one? If there isn't I could start one. Or if there is, please invite me! PSN: kastanjegatan

Maybe there isn't. I just hit level 10 so I guess I could start one after the server maintenance.

Lando Kardashian
Jul 11, 2007

pissidential

Im AD on ps4 and in LAM already but I was looking for an invite to the Ebonheart goon guild too plz. LandoKardashian

Cowboybot
Sep 27, 2007
On a steel horse I ride

omg chael crash posted:

I guess that works next time he's online. He wasn't around and I was just trying to park my dude in Riften

Sorry Bro, I have to crash early since I got work too early in the A.M. I got the appropriate ranks in werewolf, I need to get 1 skillpoint to buy the skill.

So tonight? Add me on psn: Cowboybot and send me a message when you're online.

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I don't much care for your negative attitude, mister.
Have you guys been obsessively collecting skyshards? Those seem to be the quickest way to get skillpoints.
Also it seems like some "main" questlines in the faction areas like stonefall's Defend Davon's Watch -> Seal away the brother of strife -> Coral Heart -> Fort Virak each give a skill point.

(ah poo poo, another 15 gig update, won't be playing for a while then.)

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles
Well I'm picking it up friday. Still haven't decided on if I'm getting the ultimate edition or not. How substantial is that Mara bonuse? I want to gay marry my buddy and quest together for bonus xp

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Big Centipede posted:

Well I'm picking it up friday. Still haven't decided on if I'm getting the ultimate edition or not. How substantial is that Mara bonuse? I want to gay marry my buddy and quest together for bonus xp

With ESO Plus, Ring of Mara, and pvp campaign bonuses you can get your bonus exp up to and even over 30%. Downside to ring of Mara is it takes up an actual ring slot for the bonuses.

edit: also pvp bonuses may be removed within a month, but that's still a big buff to exp.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Got a freebie rental from Redbox so I will be trying out the PS4 version tonight. I hope it's at least more amusing than the beta PC version I played way back. PSN name "CrashCatt" if you want to invite me to something and then boot me tomorrow. :v:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I like this game because a lot of the good parts of Warhammer: Online live on in Cyrodiil without most of the game-crippling mismanagement.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

Moochewmoo posted:

Are Templar pretty good at tanking and healing/support if built correctly? Should I ever focus on anything but magic/health? They seem most useful.

Nobody ever got fired for going templar to make a healer/paladin build. That isn't to say it's the only option, though - dragonknights make good paladins and nightblades make good glass cannon healers as well

Reeoorb
Jun 25, 2006
is...is...is got communisms in it...

Crash Fistfight posted:

Maybe there isn't. I just hit level 10 so I guess I could start one after the server maintenance.

Hit me with the invite when this gets going, Psn digitist

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Guess I won't be playing after all, because they have the slowest download servers known to man and will be done after I go to sleep. At least I didn't pay for it!

Butt Soup Barnes
Nov 25, 2008

CrashCat posted:

Guess I won't be playing after all, because they have the slowest download servers known to man and will be done after I go to sleep. At least I didn't pay for it!

It's Sony not Zenimax. Also try changing your DNS to Google and putting your PS4 in rest mode to speed up the download.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Butt Soup Barnes posted:

It's Sony not Zenimax. Also try changing your DNS to Google and putting your PS4 in rest mode to speed up the download.

Well I guess I've got nothing to lose. Sounds wacky enough to work.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

In the end it didn't help. But thanks for trying. Still might see if I can get a disc cheap on eBay someday or something.

Incendiary Pig
Nov 3, 2006

Totally out of control
I know this didn't work before, but can someone try inviting me to the Xbox Ebonheart guild again? Gamer tag is Incendiary Pig.

Also, is there a spot on the menu where I have to accept the guild invite?

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009
Is there a DC guild on Xbone?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Incendiary Pig posted:

I know this didn't work before, but can someone try inviting me to the Xbox Ebonheart guild again? Gamer tag is Incendiary Pig.

Also, is there a spot on the menu where I have to accept the guild invite?

When you get an invite it will be in Social - Notifications.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

What are the controls like for ESO? Are they similar to say Skyrim, or does it use that weird keyboard turn or hold down all your mouse buttons to mouse turn system?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I'd say it feels like Skyrim with a hotbar.
WASD to move, double tap to roll, shift to sprint, ctrl to crouch, left click to attack, right click to block, Q to pop quickslot item, R to pop ulti, 1-5 to pop quickslot skills.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Kyte posted:

I'd say it feels like Skyrim with a hotbar.
WASD to move, double tap to roll, shift to sprint, ctrl to crouch, left click to attack, right click to block, Q to pop quickslot item, R to pop ulti, 1-5 to pop quickslot skills.
Additionally hold left mouse to power-attack, hold right mouse and click left to bash, and you can also bind the dodge roll, 1st person/3rd person, toggle walk and a few other commands to their own separate keys.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Finally sold off my spare copy of Psijic Ambrosia V piece for 150k.

Kind of wondering if I should just sell off my other last copy because A) no telling prices will remain this high and B) no clue on how long it will take for me to get the other six recipe pieces. Three months out it may be cheaper and quicker to just buy them all if prices crash.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Berke Negri posted:

Finally sold off my spare copy of Psijic Ambrosia V piece for 150k.

Kind of wondering if I should just sell off my other last copy because A) no telling prices will remain this high and B) no clue on how long it will take for me to get the other six recipe pieces. Three months out it may be cheaper and quicker to just buy them all if prices crash.

I'm not an ESO expert but everything I know about MMOs in general says sell because of point A. The price is almost certainly at an artificial high right now because of launch scarcity and will only go down.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Chomp8645 posted:

I'm not an ESO expert but everything I know about MMOs in general says sell because of point A. The price is almost certainly at an artificial high right now because of launch scarcity and will only go down.

Yeah, prices have already dropped in half from launch where they were going at 300k. I think everyone with the resources and gobs of cash have already picked them up at ridiculous prices and are already crafting and selling exp pots days ago, so it might be good to just clean up now and see where things are at later after a couple months of people doing writs. I'm not really concerned with crafting the stuff myself either.

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I made a PS4 EU guild. Let me know if you want an invite.

asap-salafi
May 5, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Konec Hry posted:

I made a PS4 EU guild. Let me know if you want an invite.

which faction?

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

asap-salafi posted:

which faction?

Ebonheart Pact, but everyone can join!

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

I'll take a PS4 US invite. PSN/char name is Shawluck

I spent the first couple hours just walking around Bleakstone(? the EP starting area) just stealing everything not nailed down and robbing everyone possible. I dunno what im supposed to be doing but as far as I'm concerning that's the only way to play an Elder Scrolls game :getin:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

I really hope the next patch has shield dyeing as its starting to wear thin lugging around purple shields that don't match anything.

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jun 25, 2015

menpoop
Jul 29, 2004

Girls aren't the only ones who take dumps, you know...
Can I get a US PS4 EB invite please? PSN is bl_ink_

Cowboybot
Sep 27, 2007
On a steel horse I ride
Hey I now need a vampire bite if anyone can help me out!

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

TheHoosier posted:

I'll take a PS4 US invite. PSN/char name is Shawluck

I spent the first couple hours just walking around Bleakstone(? the EP starting area) just stealing everything not nailed down and robbing everyone possible. I dunno what im supposed to be doing but as far as I'm concerning that's the only way to play an Elder Scrolls game :getin:

menpoop posted:

Can I get a US PS4 EB invite please? PSN is bl_ink_

Invites sent.

Cowboybot posted:

Hey I now need a vampire bite if anyone can help me out!

you share that wolf love yet?

I don't think we have any draculas in the guild as of yet. I'm hunting for a drac bite too.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Oh, yeah, he gave me the bite today. Giant snake keeps kicking my level 7 rear end though

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

omg chael crash posted:

Oh, yeah, he gave me the bite today. Giant snake keeps kicking my level 7 rear end though

I did it at level 5 while wearing level 3 armor, you can do it!

Block, get out the way, and remember your light attack causes bleed and your heavy restores some stamina, for the most part you want to keep moving and blocking though, wail on them when they are doing an attack you stepped out of the way of, and you can keep in mind you can grind on the lions and stuff in there for some levels if you are close.

E: I've been sitting in ebonheart's vampire shrine on my wannabe vampire character for the last few hours, vampires are waaaaay more stingy with their bites than werewolves.
E2: Just got dracula bit by an NPC near shor's stone!
E3: Beat the vampire quest as a level 5 sorcerer! I now have a vampire I need to level up so he can start spreading the good news to others.

Zombie Defiler fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Jun 26, 2015

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Sky hit VR14 yesterday, which means we now have a solid core group for running veteran dungeons. Having pretty much run through every single veteran dungeon at least once, we're going to attempt Veteran City of Ash, the only dungeon designed specifically for V14 teams. Which probably means we're going to die horribly at least three times during the run.

Gonna run a test for Steam Broadcasting this evening while I run pledges, so I can decide between that or Twitch to stream our run (which will probably be on Sunday), so if anyone with a Steam account wants to help me stress test my stuff to see if I'll be able to effectively heal or not while broadcasting live you're more than welcome to. Just go here and click on the Watch Game button if you're able to, I'll let you guys know when I'll have it up and running tonight.

Cowboybot
Sep 27, 2007
On a steel horse I ride

Zombie Defiler posted:

Invites sent.

you share that wolf love yet?

I don't think we have any draculas in the guild as of yet. I'm hunting for a drac bite too.

Totes. I finally was able to log on past my early bedtime, past that stupid patch and finally sink teeth into flesh.

now we need the new guys to bite two dudes, who will bite two dudes, and before you know it, you've bitten everyone who has ever bitten you.

Zombie Defiler posted:

I did it at level 5 while wearing level 3 armor, you can do it!

Block, get out the way, and remember your light attack causes bleed and your heavy restores some stamina, for the most part you want to keep moving and blocking though, wail on them when they are doing an attack you stepped out of the way of, and you can keep in mind you can grind on the lions and stuff in there for some levels if you are close.

E: I've been sitting in ebonheart's vampire shrine on my wannabe vampire character for the last few hours, vampires are waaaaay more stingy with their bites than werewolves.
E2: Just got dracula bit by an NPC near shor's stone!
E3: Beat the vampire quest as a level 5 sorcerer! I now have a vampire I need to level up so he can start spreading the good news to others.

When you get your vamp to the right level, we can play "Once Bitten" again.

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

from what i understand, draculas take a lot longer to level up than wolfmans, so if you guys want dracula bites asap I suggest checking the farmhouse behind Shor's Stone at in-game night time.

Right where that blue diamond marker is where I found bloodfiends, and I hear wolfmans can pop there too, just go there as soon as it starts getting dark out.
Just run up on a Bloodfiend or Werewolf and let them maul you a few times (they can kill you, it IS okay you'll keep the virus through death, I died three times trying to get infected with vampirism)

Once you get bit by an NPC vampire, warp to Riften, go right outside the front gate, and talk to some vampire man hanging out near a lamp post in front of the main gate. He'll start your vampire quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kali11324
Dec 8, 2004

This space intentionally left blank
I hit level 10 yesterday and jumped right into PvP knowing nothing about it. I was the only guy under level 30 for miles around but I still loved it. Thankfully I bumped into some other goons and we got involved in defending a keep. Awesome, Awesome time. I need to do some level grinding now so I can actually be of some use to my team though.

I plan on jumping on in about an hour if anyone is around. PSN: Kali_Ra73

PSN and Xbox Live both: Kali_RA73

Kali11324 fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jun 26, 2015

• Locked thread