Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qVeh7wKPA0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

Cliff Racer posted:

But how do you first enter Europe through Hungary's borders? Are there really all that many people coming in from Serbia? If anything a rule like that aught to be to Hungary's benefit.

Yes, especially Kosovo Albanians but also generally migrants and refugees passing through the Balkans looking to get into the EU/West.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xrRs-Zpk_E

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

That was pretty bad, but holy gently caress the comments.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

sparatuvs posted:

That was pretty bad, but holy gently caress the comments.

Eh, this one is better, anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGHGsydu_Hs

Especially the ending is relevant.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cliff Racer posted:

But how do you first enter Europe through Hungary's borders? Are there really all that many people coming in from Serbia? If anything a rule like that aught to be to Hungary's benefit.
Not necessarily first time. Still easy though.

Hambilderberglar
Dec 2, 2004

kalstrams posted:

Not necessarily first time. Still easy though.

Legitimately surprised to see the Vietnamese as the top nationality on the Eastern land border. I would have expected it to be Russians given how every once in a while something pops up about Russians making up a massive proportion of people asking for asylum.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hambilderberglar posted:

Legitimately surprised to see the Vietnamese as the top nationality on the Eastern land border. I would have expected it to be Russians given how every once in a while something pops up about Russians making up a massive proportion of people asking for asylum.
Russia has lots of nationalities in it, and you get so hosed up if you gently caress up at illegally emigrating that those interested either emigrate legally or do not at all, in majority of cases.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
Its also a lot easier for someone from Russia to come to the EU under some sort of other visa, and then remain there. Someone from Southeast/Central Asia is probably not going to have such luck.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Ghost of Mussolini posted:

Its also a lot easier for someone from Russia to come to the EU under some sort of other visa, and then remain there. Someone from Southeast/Central Asia is probably not going to have such luck.

Russian citizen can go to Kaliningrad, and then use border deal with Poland to travel legally up to Gdańsk. Then it's trivially simple to simply hop on a train to Berlin or wherever he wants to go in EU.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

New Levada poll on Putin's public approval. Polling conducted in 19 - 22 June 2015. 1600 people aged 18+ polled in 134 settlements spread amongst 46 regions of Russia. Statistical error is said to not exceed 3.4%.

Is country moving the right (blue) or the wrong (red) way?

Is country moving the right or the wrong way?

In general, do you approve (blue) or disapprove (red) Putin's actions?

In general, do you approve or disapprove Putin's actions as the President of the Russian Federation? (In years 2008 - 2012 question was formulated as "In general, do you approve Putin's actions as the Chairman of the Government of the Russian Federation?")

In general, do you approve or disapprove Medvedev's actions as the Chairman of the Government of the Russian Federation? (In years 2006-2007 question was formulated as "In general, do you approve or disapprove Medvedev's actions as the Deputy Chairman of the Government of the Russian Federation?" and in years 2008-2012 question was formulated as "In general, do you approve or disapprove Medvedev's actions as the President of the Russian Federation?")

In general, do you approve or disapprove actions of the Government of the Russian Federation?

In general, do you approve or disapprove actions of the governor of your territory? (Mayor for Moscow.)

In general, do you approve or disapprove actions of the State Duma?

Please, name 5-6 politicians, public figures you trust the most? (Open poll (without choices) - respondents named the candidates themselves. List is comprised of 12 most frequently named politicians who earned less (E: Should be more, I think they placed wrong symbol there.) than 3.5% [of votes].)

Please, name 5-6 politicians you trust the least? ( Open poll (without choices) - respondents named the candidates themselves. List is comprised of 12 most frequently named politicians who earned less (E: Maybe I am going mad and missing something?) than 4% [of votes].)

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

1. Currently the most prevalent form of decision-making in the western world

2. While you are correct in saying that the society owns

3. You have not for a second demonstrated here why

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state

So basically Russians *are* bloodthirsty imperialists?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

OhYeah posted:

No, I think it just reaffirms how much Ukrainian conflict is about internal Russian politics.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

OhYeah posted:

Basically, Russians *are* living in a state where the government controls almost all media sources, and where people who publicly voice dissent die.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

OhYeah posted:

When haven't they been so?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It turns out people are complicated creatures shaped by their surroundings

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

Friendly Tumour posted:

It turns out people are complicated creatures shaped by their surroundings

Not me, I'm really simple.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Discendo Vox posted:

Basically, Russians *are* living in a state where the government controls almost all media sources, and where people who publicly voice dissent die.

I would probably be pretty approving of everything my government was doing, if opposing it vocally had a high chance of me coming down with a bad case of the bullets.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
In the case of Russia at this point, they don't believe in the current government because they are fearful of it though, but rather it is utilizing lots of pent up frustration from a variety of sources. and there aren't many sources that counter the government narrative. That said, if there were a varied media, I still think the majority probably would still back the government, not because they love Putin but there has been pent up represented building up for decades and Putin knows how to use it expertly.

Basically, the moral of the story is that an economic collapse and lovely conditions are the mothers of nationalism and revanchism and it just takes someone (really anybody) to eventually come along to use it for their own purposes. In 1997, Putin was a political no-body, and by 2000, he was president.

Ardennes fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Jun 25, 2015

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

Dolash posted:

If you combined every Death to Putin with a $10 donation on Ukrainian War Kickstarter it might carry a little more punch. Although if we made that policy retroactive there'd be a Ukrainian tank named Lucy rolling around Donbass by now. I gave that site a once-over and it's still boggling to me.

SedanChair posted:

Y'all know this is distasteful and barbaric right

Dusty Baker 2 posted:

How do we get goatse on a shell?

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Death to Putin, death to all separatists.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

:captainpop:

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Day three of protests in Yerevan. Here is a live feed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jml_U9NRkpk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap8g-wnzJ8g

The issue is a steep rise in electricity rates. Protests in other cities in Armenia have also broke out. Here is a video of a march that happened yesterday in Gyumri.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=havVE_sLJ9k

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

The horror...the horror...

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It's not a photoshop, is it?

From the politoon thread:

Russia Today sez: A Sott.net article written by Amari Roos claims that regarding Russia ‘devouring’ Ukraine, “the truth is opposite to what Dutch children are being taught.”

So here you go, it's actually Ukraine that is invading Russia!

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Today is Statehood Day in Slovenia and Croatia, which is national holiday in both countries.

On June 25th 1991, Slovenian and Croatian parliaments ratified the declaration of independence from SFR Yugoslavia. The resolution didn't come into effect until later due to three month moratorium imposed by Brioni Agreement. Two days later, on June 27th, Ten-Day War started in Slovenia, which marked the beginning of Yugoslav wars that lasted all the way into the new millennium.

fuck off Batman fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jun 25, 2015

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Cat Mattress posted:

It's not a photoshop, is it?

From the politoon thread:

Russia Today sez: A Sott.net article written by Amari Roos claims that regarding Russia ‘devouring’ Ukraine, “the truth is opposite to what Dutch children are being taught.”

So here you go, it's actually Ukraine that is invading Russia!

Belarus is not Russia, drat it! :belarus:

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

:coffeepal:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Jun 25, 2015

az
Dec 2, 2005

It's said everybody has a bullet (or shell in this case) with their name on it. Lucy now knows there is very little chance of being killed by it. Where's mine?!

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

az posted:

It's said everybody has a bullet (or shell in this case) with their name on it. Lucy now knows there is very little chance of being killed by it. Where's mine?!

I'm keeping it safe. Don't worry about it.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Lmao.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

What? How? Why?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Do we all get to make requests? Can I get my name on one too?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

What? How? Why?
It says "With love from Lucy Heartfilia." in Ukrainian.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

What is this World? :psyduck:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

kalstrams posted:

It says "With love from Lucy Heartfilia." in Ukrainian.
Photographic evidence of the CIA funneling arms to the Ukrainian government, through it's SA front.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
Why write the name in Latin characters? It apparently refers to some anime character whose name was probably written in katakana in the original, so it's not like the Latin form is somehow more "authentic".

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Kopijeger posted:

Why write the name in Latin characters? It apparently refers to some anime character whose name was probably written in katakana in the original, so it's not like the Latin form is somehow more "authentic".
It is when referring to the character "Lucy Heartfilia" on Something Awful.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

:stare:

Edit:

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

A Buttery Pastry posted:

It is when referring to the character "Lucy Heartfilia" on Something Awful.

But how likely is it to actually be a reference to Something Awful instead of the anime?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Kopijeger posted:

But how likely is it to actually be a reference to Something Awful instead of the anime?

It doesn't really matter. It's the coincidence that's funny.

• Locked thread