Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I want to talk about the Jet Squelcher and why it's a drat good gun.

First off, the gun itself. It has almost the same range as your typical charger. This pretty much means you're out of range of all those unsuspecting aerosprayers and rollers. Not to mention you can knock snipers out of their nests easily. While the gun gives some weak punches - you need 3-4 hits to splat - it compensates that by having a good firing rate. It does eat your ink reserve fast, so you have to refill your tank once in a while.

Secondly, the sub: Splash Wall. The long range combined with the cover makes it a deadly combo for pushing into enemy territory. You can (relatively) safely engage other squids up close behind the wall and get extra time in refilling during combat. The Super which is the inkstrike is up to personal taste, but it's handy to have in time of need.

An anecdote, finally, to prove my point: Urchin Underpass. In Splat Zones. I think I provided several good opportunities for my team by pushing the opposition back with that gun, and won a majority of games with it. One of the closest of which was when we only had 1 point to KO them out, but the baddies got us locked out. And the clock was on over time, with their score fast approaching ours. So I used my inkstrike on the Zone and fired a barrage of ink with my Jet Squelcher from up the right-side entry to cover the rest.

We won by a margin of 1 point.

drat, that gun is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

GOD

drat

IT!
:supaburn:

Nintendo has seriously hosed up this whole splatfest thing.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
Luna blaster looks space channel 5 as hell.
Also I don't like it.
I'm on the other team cat/dog, the on you don't like.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201506/25081658.html

Fashion contest winner announced, I think this means that we'll get the sushi chef outfit.

Rip hot dog dress.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
It feels like there's something wrong with the idea of them eating pieces of each other's hair.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Theta Zero posted:

It feels like there's something wrong with the idea of them eating pieces of each other's hair.

Yeah that seems kinda hosed up :stonk:.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
I have a problem.

I have two items ordered from Spyke. One is a $2,800 shirt, the other is a $8,000 pair of shoes. I was told that his price inflation didn't go above three times the regular price, so I thought I could get away with having $32,400.

I was not amused when the $2,800 shirt suddenly costed me $20,000.

Can someone please explain to me how Spyke's price inflation really works? Because I really need these $8,000 shoes and I'm going to be an angry, angry squid kid if I have to grind my rear end off in Ranked for $80,000 or some poo poo.

Caerulius
Jun 23, 2007

This was a waste of $5.
Spyke is an intelligent and savvy criminal. He sensed weakness and naivete in you, and more importantly he sensed money in your pocket.

My advice is to get more fresh.

mirthalac
Jan 5, 2002
milk is liquid meat
It seems to me that if the gear you are buying already has an activated sub-slot, Spyke likes to far over-inflate the cost to bring you a pre-leveled piece of gear.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

SL the Pyro posted:

I have a problem.

I have two items ordered from Spyke. One is a $2,800 shirt, the other is a $8,000 pair of shoes. I was told that his price inflation didn't go above three times the regular price, so I thought I could get away with having $32,400.

I was not amused when the $2,800 shirt suddenly costed me $20,000.

Can someone please explain to me how Spyke's price inflation really works? Because I really need these $8,000 shoes and I'm going to be an angry, angry squid kid if I have to grind my rear end off in Ranked for $80,000 or some poo poo.

You're going to feel dumb once you're high enough level and all the good stuff will be in the shops. I don't remember the last time Sean didn't have the blue moto boots in stock, after I paid a fortune for them.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Silentman0 posted:

You're going to feel dumb once you're high enough level and all the good stuff will be in the shops. I don't remember the last time Sean didn't have the blue moto boots in stock, after I paid a fortune for them.

BUY SOMETHIN' OR GET OUT.

WASTIN' OUR TIME!

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
The jungle hat is actually extremely fresh.

How's the new space-age-lookin-rear end gun?

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

First day playing after a five day break, and I promptly derank. Well, I guess it's only to be expected ):

Really enjoying the Luna Blaster though, it's fun and seems great for Turf Wars, can rack up kills and turf points! Moment I take it into Splat Zones though, I suck.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

poo poo-tier clothing choices:
-snipers who wear the jungle hat
-anyone who wears a gas mask

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
i put the jungle hat over my gask mask and also wear 2 glass
es

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Do you guys actually still play Turf Wars? Not only do I find it less fun that Splat Zone, but I feel like it makes me worse at the game.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I play Turf War all the time. less stress than ranked, more fun imo

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
I play whatever gamemode has the maps I like best.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Chill Penguin posted:

Do you guys actually still play Turf Wars? Not only do I find it less fun that Splat Zone, but I feel like it makes me worse at the game.

I only play Turf Wars because it's chill fun and I don't have to worry about getting worse at the game because I'm already bad.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
I play both for various reasons.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Puistokemisti posted:

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201506/25081658.html

Fashion contest winner announced, I think this means that we'll get the sushi chef outfit.

Rip hot dog dress.

I can't believe that won out against the hotdog dress and the splat kimono :<

I think someone liked the Octarian sushi.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
God bless America.

quote:

The CATS vs. DOGS Splatfest is back on! Join us on 7/4 for patriotic splattitude!

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Are you loving kidding me??? Who is going to be inside, ignoring their friends, on 4th of July??? This is an act of terror.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Chill Penguin posted:

Are you loving kidding me??? Who is going to be inside, ignoring their friends, on 4th of July??? This is an act of terror.

What about you Jack? What's it going to be? Loyalty to your country, or loyalty to your pet?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Holy carp, Splatfest is... postponed in Europe, too! And to the same date!

Nintendo of Europe posted:

The first European Splatfest is now happening on 4th July at 19:00 CEST!

MADNESS!

v Hello Eurobro v

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

EU Splatfest will happen during same time. I bet that we'll see EU vs US matches so really it's Team Callie vs Team Marie.

Pick ur waifus.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Chill Penguin posted:

Yes. Both modes are different kinds of fun.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Chill Penguin posted:

I feel like Turf War is the best thing they could have done with the squid paintball theme so yeah.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

mirthalac posted:

It seems to me that if the gear you are buying already has an activated sub-slot, Spyke likes to far over-inflate the cost to bring you a pre-leveled piece of gear.

gently caress me, I don't remember if any of my order's slots were activated or not. Is there any way I can check what I ordered?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Chill Penguin posted:

Sweet, I'll just bring the WiiU up to the cabin and... gently caress.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Puistokemisti posted:

EU Splatfest will happen during same time. I bet that we'll see EU vs US matches so really it's Team Callie vs Team Marie.

Oh wow, those shirts are actually pretty neat, particularly the Rock one. I was curious as to how they'd represent those two things.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
popdog

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I really like the way the stage rotation works, especially in ranked. I choose my loadout based on which two stages are in play at that moment. Sometimes sniper or roller seems obvious, but sometimes it's a real split decision and I end up going with a blaster or the Jr. Same choice between ninja jump and ink resistance, etc. If we got to pick stages, or if they were all in rotation all the time, I (and so I presume others) would find it easier to get more into a single playstyle and be pants at everything else. The rotation stops us being stale and keeps us fresh. This is both thematically appropriate, and really good for game longevity I think.

QUESTION: Do people not in Japan, Europe, and NA get to participate in splatfest? If you live in SA, Aus, or somewhere else, how does it work?

STAY FRESH and vote dog

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Trent posted:

QUESTION: Do people not in Japan, Europe, and NA get to participate in splatfest? If you live in SA, Aus, or somewhere else, how does it work?

If you are in a Splatfest region on Splatfest day and you want to play online, you must place your vote and then you will play Turf War matches only with evenly split teams. A few days after the Splatfest ends, the results will be announced.

If you are not in a Splatfest region when a Splatfest is occurring, the only difference for online play is that you won't be matched with people whose regions are having Splatfest. You can still choose between Turf War and Ranked.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

SL the Pyro posted:

gently caress me, I don't remember if any of my order's slots were activated or not. Is there any way I can check what I ordered?

If you try to order something when your three slots are full, he brings up a menu that shows your open orders should you want to cancel one. Not sure how else to access it though.

Also I feel incredibly lucky, the varsity jacket showed up in the shop for 12k on the same day Spyke was asking for 30k. Though it doesn't lessen the pain of having paid him 50k once.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

oopsie rock posted:

If you are not in a Splatfest region when a Splatfest is occurring, the only difference for online play is that you won't be matched with people whose regions are having Splatfest. You can still choose between Turf War and Ranked.

So I guess what I'm asking is, is everywhere included in some spatfest region, or are you SOL if you live in a certain place?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Unless you're using the Zapper the varsity jacket is mega-unfresh.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Trent posted:

So I guess what I'm asking is, is everywhere included in some spatfest region, or are you SOL if you live in a certain place?

Japan had Splatfest, NA and EU are having it on 7/4.

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and guess that you're talking about Australia? I have a feeling Australia will be considered part of the EU for Splatfest purposes, but it's just a hunch. Haven't read confirmation anywhere.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

The 4th of July is the perfect day for Splat Fest. The winning team can gloat in victory, and the losing team can call the winners losers for playing a video game instead of being outside! Everyone wins!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Puistokemisti posted:

Pick ur waifus.

• Locked thread