Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

WhyteRyce posted:

Whats the policy on breaking trade selections before they happen?

Do what you want. I think some people put it in spoilers, iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shizen
Dec 29, 2006

I just hope the lakers don't try to gut the team for cousins like the rumors are suggesting. The lakers generally don't screw up the draft as often as most teams when given high picks.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think the NFL draft GDT tried an embargo this year? It def makes it more fun to watch the drama on TV.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

it just gives the people who know in advance more time to cook up fire memes and jokes

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
You could also just not refresh the thread nonstop if it matters so much to hear a guy say the name to you instead of reading it yourself.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MourningView posted:

My personal Utah Draft Board (limited to guys who might be there which thankfully no longer includes Kaminsky!):

1)Turner
2) Stanley Johnson
3) Portis
4) RJ Hunter
5) Booker
6) Lyles

Big need is either shooting on the wing or a backup 4/5 who ideally can shoot. Johnson doesn't totally fit but I just really like him. I think Turner is the guy if he makes it past Indiana though. He's raw but he rebounds, is arguably the best shot blocker in the draft (no lay ups against Utah, bitch), and has the makings of a good jumper. He seems like a great guy to spell Gobert and Favors long term. And they've worked him out a bunch so I really think that's the guy they're eying the hardest.

If Utah gets rid or Burke and drafts Turner (and he is as good as i think) they'll easily be.my.#2 team. Interior Defense is the best thing.

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"
Here's last year's thread for nostalgia's sake:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3645844

I had forgotten all about the terrible bus ride intro.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
It's funny as gently caress to know everything in advance. Especially when one of the 5 guys who actually break news get something wrong and every internet reporter pretending to have sources consequently flubs it.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Honestly, with how few of us are around (:(), we might as well just post the woj tweets; its not like we have a history of making things like DHB.gif that TFF does. Is there anyone here who is going to get upset about being spoiled?

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jun 25, 2015

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

chunkles posted:

It's funny as gently caress to know everything in advance. Especially when one of the 5 guys who actually break news get something wrong and every internet reporter pretending to have sources consequently flubs it.

I remember when the Sixers-Pelicans trade happened for Holiday two years ago no one knew what was going on. Everyone's opinion on the trade kept going all over the place because people kept changing who was getting the extra first round pick.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Jota posted:

I remember when the Sixers-Pelicans trade happened for Holiday two years ago no one knew what was going on. Everyone's opinion on the trade kept going all over the place because people kept changing who was getting the extra first round pick.

poo poo I don't know what's going on. Just let Bill Simmons have the mic and let him go on a Doc Rivers rant or whatever while we try to figure things out

shizen
Dec 29, 2006

The Glumslinger posted:

No dumb Lakers fans, D'Angelo Russell is not the best passer since Magic
No, he isn't Rubio with Curry's jumper
No, he doesn't have better court vision loving Chris Paul
No, he isn't a taller and more athletic Steph Curry

I've made up 0 of those comparisons, and those were all posted in the last hour or two

They must have watched the sports science with him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHCG2-c2rrQ

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

shizen posted:

I just hope the lakers don't try to gut the team for cousins like the rumors are suggesting. The lakers generally don't screw up the draft as often as most teams when given high picks.

Cousins is a superstar and there is no team to gut so I don't see exactly what there could possibly be to worry about

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
People can post "spoilers" all they want. It's a dude reading names. You'll be fine. Please do not whine about this.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
if you do care about such things, avoid reading the draft thread until the pick is televised

shizen
Dec 29, 2006

rabidsquid posted:

Cousins is a superstar and there is no team to gut so I don't see exactly what there could possibly be to worry about

I'm not sold on him and he will take up a lot of cap space which limits free agency moves.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

What is there to not be sold on

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Poonerman posted:

if you do care about such things, avoid reading the draft thread until the pick is televised

The problem with that is that sometimes the tweets (and posts) are two or three picks ahead so you literally can't read the thread at all.

I don't personally care but for people who do I understand. If it's that big of a deal then they should just make a spoiler free gdt or something.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

if its a big deal they should radically reconsider their life decisions tbh

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

shizen posted:

I'm not sold on him and he will take up a lot of cap space which limits free agency moves.
cousins is a 24 year old 25 PER legit big who makes 11m a year

shizen
Dec 29, 2006

Yeah he put up crazy numbers but I really don't think he will do the same on other teams especially with the lakers, and not worth losing #2 pick plus randel and clarckson. I'm thinking of next year where lakers can make some even bigger moves.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

shizen posted:

Yeah he put up crazy numbers but I really don't think he will do the same on other teams especially with the lakers, and not worth losing #2 pick plus randel and clarckson. I'm thinking of next year where lakers can make some even bigger moves.

You're wrong. There are few players that constitute bigger moves than getting Cousins.

He's making 14 million a year. They'll have plenty of cap room to do whatever they want.

You're so very wrong and you should feel bad about how wrong your opinion is.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

BWV posted:

I had a dream that the Raptors traded up for Cauley-Stein.

I had a dream that my grandpa's garage burned down and I was running through it with my dog, who was in a wheeled tent like assistive movement device that I called a "Dog droid." Do you think that means the pistons will get Hezonja?

quote:

Jonathan Givony @DraftExpress
Some teams expressing frustration with lack of info coming from Hezonja's camp. Feel they are "trying to pull a Kobe, to get him to Detroit"

quote:

Instead of trying to move David Lee's contract, Golden State is attempting to move up in the first round, I'm told. Unsure of GSW's target.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

If I was trying to rig myself to one jacked up franchise, it'd be Philadelphia where their super juiced up offense would inflate my stats and they don't have a crusty NBA vet coach in Stan van Gundy/Flip Saunders/Byron Scott/George Karl who will refuse to play me 36 minutes a game.

e: Here's an interesting DX article

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Ranking-the-2015-Drafts-Top-Shot-Creators-5108/

Seeing Grant pop up here a couple times just makes him seem more attractive at #18, but who knows what schemes Morey will cook up.

chunkles fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jun 25, 2015

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

SVG doesn't hate rookies, if there's any reason he might cut Hezonjas minutes it's if he coasts on defense

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

shizen posted:

Cousins would be a legit MVP candidate if you put a few solid starters around him. He put up amazing numbers on an awful team. No one the Lakers are going to get in the next 5 years is going to come close to his Cousins' production.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

chunkles posted:

If I was trying to rig myself to one jacked up franchise, it'd be Philadelphia where their super juiced up offense would inflate my stats and they don't have a crusty NBA vet coach in Stan van Gundy/Flip Saunders/Byron Scott/George Karl who will refuse to play me 36 minutes a game.

The only SF currently on the roster is Cartier Martin. Who knows which set of dusty old bones Stan will pay 9m/2, but if he wants to start right away, Detroit is a good spot. The Croat JR Smith is such a boom bust pick, I'll accept it. I don't know how much they'll have to give away to move up to pick him, however.

Kaminsky moving up helps them, Cauley-Stein moving down hurts them

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"
Here's an article on various prospects' injury concerns

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

shizen posted:

I would do #2+Randle+Clarkson+more picks if that's what it took to get Boogie. Please puff puff pass whatever you're smoking because it must be amazing.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

old dog child posted:

I would do #2+Randle+Clarkson+more picks if that's what it took to get Boogie. Please puff puff pass whatever you're smoking because it must be amazing.

Lakers don't exactly have more picks to trade away

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Isnt the draft pick trade deadline 2 pm?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

euphronius posted:

??? i thought poo poo went down all through the draft, or do they can it until the draft happens

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

euphronius posted:

Lakers can't actually trade their pick, they have to draft a dude first.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ

Henchman of Santa posted:

For the Pistons tonight I would be

Thrilled with:
Mario Hezonja
Justise Winslow

Alright-to-lukewarm with:
Stanley Johnson
Devin Booker
Emmanuel Mudiay
Willie Cauley-Stein

Mad about :
Sam Dekker
Kelly Oubre

It's a weird draft because unlike the year they got Drummond there isn't a pick I'm THRILLED at possibly being taken by the Pistons. I have concerns about all of the guys, and there isn't even anyone that could fall to them that would be amazing. Like if Mudiay were there I guess maybe that would be cool... but who cares?

Good Job:
Hezonja
Johnson
Winslow

Lukewarm:
Booker, WCS

No:
Trey Lyles, Kaminsky, Dekker, Oubre

I know people probably think it's crazy to put Johnson > Winslow, but Winslow was the lower-ranked prospect prior to the tourney and I'm pretty sure he's a SG in the NBA (6'5-6'6, 220)??? Maybe he's Jimmy Butler or something, but I think he'll be closer to MKG. I want to be excited for Winslow, but I remember when he was a 9-10 pick and everyone was saying he wasn't much of a shooter and lacked size, and Johnson was the 5-pick.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chunkles posted:

??? i thought poo poo went down all through the draft, or do they can it until the draft happens

there's a deadline to trade picks, after that you have to draft the player and then trade him. Weird, but yeah.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

euphronius posted:

You can't make trades until all picks are made, but you can still agree to trades

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Lol at the guy saying he doesn't want Cousins. Draft day bringing out the crazies like it's the finals.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

BWV posted:

Lol at the guy saying he doesn't want Cousins. Draft day bringing out the crazies like it's the finals.

you don't understand they'd have to just absolutely GUT the lakers to get him

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I would trade everyone on the Lakers for Cousins including Mitch Kupchak's dog if it came down to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

The Glumslinger posted:

You can't make trades until all picks are made, but you can still agree to trades

Somewhat risky but as far as I know Golden State is the only team I know of that had an agreement and didn't follow through. They were supposed to send who they drafted to the Suns for Amare but when it ended up being Curry they were like, "nah."

• Locked thread