Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
That agent should get a transfer ban, not wets ham

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Spangly A posted:

West Ham have been accused of actual proper transfer-ban tapping up by Marseille in a fairly detailed statement here.

En englais;

"In early June, an agreement was made with Dimitri and his agent," read the L'OM statement. "Both sides agreed that the playmaker will honour the last two years of his contract.

"On 22 June, Dimitri's agent requested a meeting with President Vincent Labrune. During the meeting he announced that he and his player had opened negotiations with West Ham, saying that the English club had offered a six-year contract worth €30 million.

"The agent demanded a huge and immediate revaluation of Dimitri Payet's contract to remain at Marseille. Unable to meet this demand, Olympique de Marseille - through the voice of its president - expressed his surprise that negotiations were opened with another club without OM being warned.

"The club then agreed to Payet's agent's demands, explaining that we agreed to revise reasonably conditions - but only in mid-July, after having respected its commitments to the DNCG [the Direction Nationale du Contrôle de Gestion, a French football organisation that maintains professional football club accounts].

"The player's agent refused this timeline and asked Vincent Labrune for a quicker resolution, saying that otherwise the English track is preferred. Surprised by this ultimatum, the Marseille president decided to respond favourably to the English bid, after half a day of reflection.

-The player has been asked to face his responsibilities: to stay in a club he says he loves and wait until mid-July for a discussion with the president, to review contractual conditions for OM
- or choose the golden bridge that offers to West Ham.

OM obviously wants Dimitri choose to stay in Marseille next season."

Essentially his agent asked them to do something totally unreasonable for the sake of kicking off, and Payet himself has flown in to London while west ham are publicly making noises about a huge signing. I imagine the constant antagonistic information drip will eventually get us into proper poo poo.

This reads like it's the agent and maybe Payet that was being a dick rather than West Ham. Either way, this is mostly OM trying to save face over the fact that they're lost 3 of their best players in the last 2 weeks because they have no money.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Vincent Labrune has to go, really

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
The president of Marseille was stunned, shocked, and completely flabbergasted that a club would offer money to a player at another club in exchange for services rendered.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

The president of Marseille was stunned, shocked, and completely flabbergasted that a club would offer money to a player at another club in exchange for services rendered.

He says he loves them!!

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Healbot posted:

I'm reading that a verbal agreement has been agreed upon over the transfer of Shaktars Douglas Costa to Bayern.

I'd be okay with that

World-class wingers are hard to come by, he's still relatively young and has played in the CL a bunch of times.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

hadji murad posted:

SKY Sports has tweeted this as Diego, complete with photo.

and ESPNFC reported it with details about how he plays both fullback positions and can also play in the central midfield.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

This reads like it's the agent and maybe Payet that was being a dick rather than West Ham. Either way, this is mostly OM trying to save face over the fact that they're lost 3 of their best players in the last 2 weeks because they have no money.

It sounds like West Ham offered a contract before coming to an agreement with Marseille. Sure it happens all the time but that's tapping up.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
There is essentially no player in the PL who is

a) English
b) a first teamer
c) not ancient

who isn't worth £12m+ these days, so if we got one that was actually good at his position as well then it would be a great deal #inbrendanwetrust

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Sassuolo has bought out Juventus's half of Berardi for 10 million. However, Juventus inserted a clause in the deal that allows them to buy him next year for 16 million. Clever, if a bit wasteful.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
The papers think that Chelsea are going to swap Filipe Luis for Turan. Salah for Griezzman and Oscar for Pogba.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

EvilHawk posted:

Southampton have accepted £12.5m bid for Clyne, 5 year deal, should be signed next week when he gets back from holiday.
Seems downright reasonable. What is the catch?

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

cheese posted:

That he stops being good after leaving Southampton like the rest of them

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

cheese posted:

his "holiday" has been going to home improvement stores with Glen Johnson

pdog
May 7, 2013
Paulinho to Guangzhou Evergrande for £15m is a thing apparently

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

The papers think that Chelsea are going to swap Filipe Luis for Turan. Salah for Griezzman and Oscar for Pogba.

Papers love swap deals. Have there been any actual swap deals in the last decade? Bar the Ibrahimovich one I cant think of any other big name players moving for a swap.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

serious gaylord posted:

Papers love swap deals. Have there been any actual swap deals in the last decade? Bar the Ibrahimovich one I cant think of any other big name players moving for a swap.

I believe Matic and David Luiz were swapped when Luiz came to Chelsea. Not huge names at the time, but they are bigger names now.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
I'm a bit bemused about Man Utd letting Liverpool have Clyne. Who could we be in for? If we go into next season with Valencia as first choice RB again... :whitewater:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

serious gaylord posted:

Ashley Cole and Billy Gallas, but that wasn't a straight swap and it was like 9 years ago.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Is Deulofeu any good? 5 million euros to Everton a good price?

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

ultrabindu posted:

He showed a lot of promise when he was originally at Everton but seemed to fall off the planet when he went back to Spain.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

ultrabindu posted:

He scored that one great goal against Arsenal but I don't recall anything else

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

serious gaylord posted:

WHAt about paul konchesky

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

ultrabindu posted:

He's poo poo awful and still cost that much.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
In other slightly dodgy West Ham news: Alex Song posted a picture of himself outside West Ham's Chadwell Heath training ground today. Telegraph and others are reporting that he's had a medical ahead of joining on a free transfer since barca look to REALLY want to get rid of him.

Due to be a double unveiling with Payet tomorrow.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

chuggo is BACK posted:

WHAt about paul konchesky

That transfer still makes me mad.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

serious gaylord posted:

John Carew and Milan Baros to/from Villa/Lyon

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

serious gaylord posted:

There was swapping involved in the Vorm/Davies/Gylfi deal, as Vorm's old club threatened to sue about losing out on their next sale %.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

PirateBob posted:

I'm a bit bemused about Man Utd letting Liverpool have Clyne. Who could we be in for? If we go into next season with Valencia as first choice RB again... :whitewater:

Fabinho is the one being mentioned. he's brazilian so therefore he is better than Clyne imo

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Paperhouse posted:

Fabinho is the one being mentioned. he's brazilian so therefore he is better than Clyne imo

It feels like nowadays being on the Brazilian NT is more of a detriment than a benefit.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

serious gaylord posted:

Josemi and Jan Kromkamp

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

If anybody was wanting their team to sign Gonzalo Higuain, well his release clause got announced: €95 million.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

serious gaylord posted:

I think the Leicester boys did one but I didn't watch the whole thing.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Troy Queef posted:

If anybody was wanting their team to sign Gonzalo Higuain, well his release clause got announced: €95 million.

De Laurentiis: "Im going to make Napoli all Italian"

*puts a 95 million euro price on an Argentinian"

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
Lol Higuain is utter poo poo Zapata is better than him.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Troy Queef posted:

Sounds like a new toy for Perez imo.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Healbot posted:

Sounds like a new toy for Perez imo.

Higuain and Benitez back together again. They'll love that.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Turns out Clyne is actually bad and inferior to Antonio Valencia in every way!! :cool:

Another bullet dodged.

Gene Ricman
Aug 14, 2008

ultrabindu posted:

He was infuriating as he was talented. Loads of potential, great technique, pace to burn, brain of a wasp.
Glad he's back because we really need some wingers, especially if Mirallas is going. We can't really argue at that price either.

Apparently we're also really close to signing Scott Dann, which would help because we've only got two centrebacks in our whole squad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Bournemouth are signing Tyrone Mings for £8m. Good signing that, he'll be worth at least double that in a year.

• Locked thread