Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Homeless Bill might be really homeless with a laptop and a local wifi connection because that was alot of words about poo poo maybe 50 people care about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
What is this network falling tree?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Pattonesque posted:

A PUDDING-LEVEL EVENT

CODE PUDDING, I REPEAT, CODE PUDDING.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
Well good thing this only applies to Beta stuff: https://mwomercs.com/terms

quote:

4. your access to any Beta Test is exclusive to you, and will require an Account, which may only be accessed and used by you;

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

WebDO posted:

"...Just kidding buy more clan/resistance packs"

After Resistance 3 it'll probably be Word of Blake packs or something.

They can always wind the clock forwards a couple years and sell everyone slightly updated versions of all the existing mechs! (for cash :v:)

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

IS Omnimechs, like the Centurion.

Or AeroTech Online.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
AeroTech is more likely, considering they already have some reuseable assets from TRANSVERSE! No NPCS! Think of the savings possibilities!

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Tank Boy Ken posted:

AeroTech is more likely, considering they already have some reuseable assets from TRANSVERSE! No NPCS! Think of the savings possibilities!

Yeah, I can absolutely see them look at Star Citizen's arena manager, look at Aerospace fighters and go "uhhhhhh". And the community would lap it up.

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

Tank Boy Ken posted:

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if after all that time spent on Trannyverse they don't have a single reusable asset.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Tank Boy Ken posted:

They didn't make it to the first stretch goal, which as you recall was "for one million dollars we'll try and figure out how to code flight for our space flight game"

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
They didn't even make it to the stretch goal of "being something other than a laughing joke".

gwarm01
Apr 27, 2010

I can't believe Clan Smoke Jaguar fell short of the ethical standards of some video game tournament.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
I hate throwing around the 'hax' accusations but man, we had a strange match on crimson straight where some phantom dude was coring us through walls or something with medium lasers last night.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

gwarm01 posted:

I can't believe Clan Smoke Jaguar fell short of the ethical standards of some video game tournament.

They were told not to do the thing, they did it anyway, and they were punished for it.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Great Beer posted:

They were told not to do the thing, they did it anyway, and they were punished for it.

They really ought to not have themselfs getting caught. Though they'll be okay for the next tournament. They won't do it again the getting caught thing.

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

Great Beer posted:

Some of those people may never again have such an opportunity to participate in such a vaunted and highly regarded event (without creating a new free2play account in this very serious and important video game).

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

Great Beer posted:

i can only understand things that are written with ten or more paragraphs and an FAQ at the end so i have no idea what you are talkin about here

Grynos
Jan 14, 2015
Comp teams in MWO are a figment of those people's imaginations. Until I actually see PGI implement some sort of ranking systems into MWO for players/teams it is nothing but a glorified TDM, which can be fun from time to time. The outrage that people have over someone or some group misbehaving in a tournament ( that officially is not sanctioned by PGI in any way ) is rather comical.

And isn't it about time for Russ start the sales pitch marketing campaign which Mech Pack is coming out next, about how PGI is getting ready for Steam launch, about how things with CW are going in the right direction, and lastly about five of the same questions that were asked every time there was a townhall meeting.. Yeah , that about sums up what tonight's townhall will be like.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The most fun I had in MWO was in an urbanmech, the least fun was in any assault mech.

People who take this game remotely seriously deserve whatever emotional distress they suffer.

gwarm01
Apr 27, 2010

The most fun I ever had was in an Awesome that went about 80 kph using an XL engine that didn't pop if you lost a side torso.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Lunchback tackling. :smith:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

gwarm01 posted:

The most fun I ever had was in an Awesome that went about 80 kph using an XL engine that didn't pop if you lost a side torso.

And ammo explosions werent a thing yet so we ran around with srm24(they had a different flight pattern back then, at set distances the missiles would converge for pinpoint mega damage. srms were stronger too and accidentally had a multiplier on back armor damage) plus ammo in sidetorsos blowing things the gently caress up. It didn't matter what tactics they had - just charge in and alpha their faces off. I think that was the era we all still ran on single heatsinks.

We even had animated banners about it, it was that good. It features a mawesome pelvis thrusting as it obliterated some poor robbit.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Drewjitsu posted:

Oh, what could have been... :negative:

:hf:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Bentai posted:

Lunchback tackling. :smith:

The original Hunchback paintjob was hella rad too.

Seeing the default puke-green is not pleasant.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
most fun I had was with matches filled with jumpjetting cataphract 3d's and highlanders with gauss and ppc's popping over hills and hitting you at random, so glad we got a good 9 months of that meta

real answer : tuckernaught

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Mawesomes were/are the best fun.

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
single heat sink and no pilot skill efficenies meta was the most fun meta

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

Grynos posted:

The outrage that people have over someone or some group misbehaving in a tournament ( that officially is not sanctioned by PGI in any way ) is rather comical.

was advertised on their website and PGI even put a couple thousand into the winning pot

about as sanctioned as a small fry dev can get imo

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Mindblast posted:

And ammo explosions werent a thing yet so we ran around with srm24(they had a different flight pattern back then, at set distances the missiles would converge for pinpoint mega damage. srms were stronger too and accidentally had a multiplier on back armor damage) plus ammo in sidetorsos blowing things the gently caress up. It didn't matter what tactics they had - just charge in and alpha their faces off. I think that was the era we all still ran on single heatsinks.

We even had animated banners about it, it was that good. It features a mawesome pelvis thrusting as it obliterated some poor robbit.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Whatever happened with chairman Metro, anyway? Did he run off never to return again?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

We ran him off, and the game was bad so he didn't come crawling back when we left.

He doesn't play, he doesn't lead a group anymore. For what it's worth, we broke the gently caress out of an already broken sperg. I wonder if he'll ever play Mechwarrior in any incarnation again.

P. S. Clan hot brother. :v:

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Drewjitsu posted:

We ran him off, and the game was bad so he didn't come crawling back when we left.

He doesn't play, he doesn't lead a group anymore. For what it's worth, we broke the gently caress out of an already broken sperg. I wonder if he'll ever play Mechwarrior in any incarnation again.

P. S. Clan hot brother. :v:
http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/200925-voice-of-thechancellor/
He might actually be back.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I feel like it's time for the semi-annual posting of this, lest we ever forget: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvIfi49P4-s

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
in case you missed the townhall:

CW peaks at about 500 players total
buncha throw poo poo at the whales and see what sticks "we'd like to do this and add this and this feature... some day"
steam release still coming in the next couple months. maybe we should do a tutorial or something i dunno.
:siren: btw IIC variant grab deals upcoming :siren:

more here

pixelbaron fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jun 26, 2015

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

C'mooon UrbanMech IIC.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

So the Hunchback IIC is one of the mechs confirmed in the town hall meeting for the IIC pack.

Since ghost heat takes effect after one CUAC/20, the prime/invasion variant will quickly screw itself over more than usual if it tries an alpha strike.

The other canonical HBK-IICs also include weaponry from the "future" of MWO, including Heavy Large Lasers, and ATM launchers — missile launchers that can fire LRMs and SRMs, effectively.

So either we're going to get a lot more in the way of fun toys, or a couple of variants will be made specifically for MWO that lack the post-3051 toys. :shrug::hf::goonsay:

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
They'll have to remove ghost heat for the Hunchie ACs. That, or everyone will just run 2x Gauss 2x MedLas on it, which is actually a lot more suitable to a 50-ton that caps out at 65kph.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Vorenus posted:

They'll have to remove ghost heat for the Hunchie ACs. That, or everyone will just run 2x Gauss 2x MedLas on it, which is actually a lot more suitable to a 50-ton that caps out at 65kph.

If they "adjust the same way as IS mechs," that implies the engine can be changed. I hope.

IS Hunchies are cool, but they definitely need a STD260 to really work. If a 260+ can be fitted into the IIC, it could definitely rival the Stormcrow.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Yesssss :getin:

Hunch iic in its default loadout would have reduced armor on top of the weak engine if it wants uac20 right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Down to shoot the robots tomorrow night, have the good playlist Lonjon.

• Locked thread