Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Gearhead posted:

I'm starting to wonder if MCH may, in part, be a result of people not quite understanding how it all fits together. Some have reported some interesting results when you treat the class less like a 'gunner' and more like a 'I have an interesting collection of parts here that shoots things. Let me show you ALL THE FEATURES.'

The current problem is they are very complex to run and don't have a throughput benefit for that much higher skillcap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuai
May 25, 2004
Does HW include a DX11 installer?

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

seiferguy posted:

What's the macro that will automatically post in party chat that you're casting raise on a party member? I'm getting several instances where myself and the other healer end up casting a revive spell on the same dead person.

/micon "Raise"
/ac "Raise" <t> <wait.1>
/p {Raise} <t> {Let's take it slow} {babybun}

DO NOT MACRO SWIFTCAST INTO YOUR MACROS

As a rule of thumb, if i'm with a pubbie healer I always assume they will do first Raises and wait till I see the icon or it has been a long enough time for me to assume they are braindead. With a pre-formed party or if you want to establish an order, decide to designate them as first or second.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jun 25, 2015

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Kuai posted:

Does HW include a DX11 installer?

like to install DirectX 11? Doubt it. You turn DX11 on in the launcher and I assume that it downloads anything extra that it needs when you do.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

a kitten posted:

Are there Lalafel kids to? They must be soooo tiny.

In FFXI there were Tarutaru kids and they were pretty small, I don't think there's been any lalafell kids in game yet though

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Countblanc posted:

In FFXI there were Tarutaru kids and they were pretty small, I don't think there's been any lalafell kids in game yet though

Lala children were around in 2.x

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

Malloreon posted:

Because no one wants to feel like they're wasting their time, even though MMOs are all giant wastes of time

People who chase the perceived best class-per-role are foolish IMO, because it never stays that way and they're behind the curve anyway. 9 months down the line, they'll be the ones who are whining for buffs, because the "obvious" best class always has a giant target on it's back.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Hey, thanks to whoever mentioned the ff14forums_txt Twitter account a couple pages back, because this poo poo is truly amazing. :allears:

biopanda
Sep 28, 2007

RuanGacho posted:

Which one, the one that looks like parchment for all the story dialog?

Yes,

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

DizzyBum posted:

Hey, thanks to whoever mentioned the ff14forums_txt Twitter account a couple pages back, because this poo poo is truly amazing. :allears:

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

But... This... What is this practice for?

Kitfox88 posted:

gold fringe

that chocobo can't be tried in any court!!

Wasn't expecting a sovereign citizen reference in this thread but there it is.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Gishin posted:

Wasn't expecting a sovereign citizen reference in this thread but there it is.

i read the yospos bitcoin thread too much

in retrospect i should have said 'gold feathers' instead of fringe

also the greatsword you can get from the manderville points turnin is too short to reach the ground when a female character enters the idle pose with it drawn :catstare: dead game

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Kitfox88 posted:

i read the yospos bitcoin thread too much

:whitewater:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

KaneTW posted:

that 11k Fell Cleave is with like Berserk and everything.

Not just everything: Ravana takes more damage during red phase. It's not a "realistic" number for most scenarios.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

How is that a child? They are like 3/4 the size of an adult already.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You can only make them so small before hawks start grabbing them up

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!

Fridurmus posted:

Plus, you need them done to unlock Trial Roulette, because certain Trial fights only occur through them.

Few pages back, but this is actually untrue. I have been running trial roulette every day since 3.0 hit and I have done up to Greg 1 and no further, because it failed to live up to the lofty and bandwagon-y goon hype.

I don't know at what point trial roulette DOES unlock, but you don't need Hildebrand done, that's for sure. It's completely optional content.

2 SPOOKY fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jun 25, 2015

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Holyshoot posted:

How is that a child? They are like 3/4 the size of an adult already.

Have you seen what a pregnant guinea pig looks like?

I imagine this is more or less what a pregnant lala looks like.

Also, see above about the size of a kiwi egg relative to the mother kiwi.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Vahalla posted:

Few pages back, but this is actually untrue. I have been running trial roulette every day since 3.0 hit and I have done up to Greg 1 and no further, because it failed to live up to the lofty and bandwagon-y goon hype.

I don't know at what point trial roulette DOES unlock, but you don't need Hildebrand done, that's for sure. It's completely optional content.

This changed in the 3.0 patch, thankfully.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Jia posted:

This changed in the 3.0 patch, thankfully.

plus trial roulette is a piddly amount of XP for some of the land mines you can trip while doing it, so YMMV but I've stopped bothering.

nothing like wanting that extra like 3% XP out of it and getting titan HM :smithicide:

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Vahalla posted:

I have done up to Greg 1 and no further, because it failed to live up to the lofty and bandwagon-y goon hype.

Pixel Pals is recruiting a BLM or AST main. Must have good goon-approved opinions and not talk in fc chat. pst tia

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

The Hildibrand quest chain is nowhere near as good as goons make it out to be.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Robo Reagan posted:

You can only make them so small before hawks start grabbing them up

You joke, but there's at least one levequest that justifies its premise by explaining that rogue birds are a significant threat to the potato population.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

plus trial roulette is a piddly amount of XP for some of the land mines you can trip while doing it, so YMMV but I've stopped bothering.

nothing like wanting that extra like 3% XP out of it and getting titan HM :smithicide:

60 Law for Cape Westwind is so good though.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer
Dropping another recruitment code for anyone considering picking up the game: AEQZH4BG.

Use it and you get special goodies in July to help you with levelling plus a cool emote and free teleports.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

mr. stefan posted:

You joke, but there's at least one levequest that justifies its premise by explaining that rogue birds are a significant threat to the potato population.

There's quite a lot of FATEs that indicate that potatoes are a delicacy to Eorzean wildlife.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

eureka noo, read the op

I learned lastnight that oldhunts are worth new seals, this is probably very old information but for those of you just hitting 60 / soon to be, you'll need to do quite a bit of hunts at 60. If you are in DGKK, I'll probably start forwarding hunt targets in /fc, if this gets to be annoying I might make a new hunt LS for us to fill with goons + pubbies that want to search for hunts for us. It took me awhile to actually get an invite to a hunt LS myself and with a bunch of us soon to be 60 in a post-guildworks world this may be a good idea.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jun 25, 2015

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

mr. stefan posted:

Like half the fates and combat leves revolve around some sort of monster(s) eating a bunch of lalas

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

onesixtwo posted:

/micon "Raise"
/ac "Raise" <t> <wait.1>
/p {Raise} <t> {Let's take it slow} {babybun}

DO NOT MACRO SWIFTCAST INTO YOUR MACROS

As a rule of thumb, if i'm with a pubbie healer I always assume they will do first Raises and wait till I see the icon or it has been a long enough time for me to assume they are braindead. With a pre-formed party or if you want to establish an order, decide to designate them as first or second.

Thanks! Yeah, I would never macro swiftcast since I use it for other things besides raise (Medica II comes to mind) since the 60sec cooldown is pretty quick.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Jia posted:

The Hildibrand quest chain is nowhere near as good as goons make it out to be.

Regardless of your bad taste, you get the best pose and dance out of it.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

KoB posted:

Regardless of your bad taste, you get the best pose and dance out of it.

That's not how you get the harvest dance though

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Hildibrand gets better as you go along both in terms of the humor and the encounters.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich

FaintlyQuaint posted:

Dropping another recruitment code for anyone considering picking up the game: AEQZH4BG.

Use it and you get special goodies in July to help you with levelling plus a cool emote and free teleports.

Goddamnit why didn't you drop this last night when I resubed? Heh!
So if any Gunes are on Faerie, I have a Marauder I'm working on named Balder if you need another body for the guild. Excalibur seems to be locked every time I look at it.

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

Dreadwroth posted:

So if any Gunes are on Faerie, I have a Marauder I'm working on named Balder if you need another body for the guild. Excalibur seems to be locked every time I look at it.

Theres a whole thread for recruitment codes in the OP.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Got Ravana story unlocked this morning. Neat cutscenes. Can't wait to tank him blind tonight :ohdear:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

onesixtwo posted:

eureka noo, read the op

I learned lastnight that oldhunts are worth new seals, this is probably very old information but for those of you just hitting 60 / soon to be, you'll need to do quite a bit of hunts at 60. If you are in DGKK, I'll probably start forwarding hunt targets in /fc, if this gets to be annoying I might make a new hunt LS for us to fill with goons + pubbies that want to search for hunts for us. It took me awhile to actually get an invite to a hunt LS myself and with a bunch of us soon to be 60 in a post-guildworks world this may be a good idea.

I wonder if I can get my year sub back I bought a few weeks ago of guildwork premium. What are the chances of this being updated?

Dreadwroth posted:

It wouldn't have worked anyways. Recruitment codes are only for new people.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Any word on what last night's fixes were?

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.

Ciaphas posted:

Got Ravana story unlocked this morning. Neat cutscenes. Can't wait to tank him blind tonight :ohdear:

If you can tank Titan you'll be fine.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

Any word on what last night's fixes were?

quote:

The following adjustment was made.

In the FATE "Vedrfolnir Devoteth," Vedrfolnir will no longer use Aetheric Profusion.

The following issues have been addressed.

An issue in "The Aery" wherein, if the party is KO'd under conditions, a certain movement restriction will not wear off after returning to the starting point.
An issue in "The Great Gubal Library" wherein monsters may occasionally become untargetable.
An issue wherein characters may become uncontrollable if they are KO’d under specific conditions during boss battles in certain dungeons.
An issue in the Dravanian hinterlands wherein the monster narbrooi would spawn in massive numbers.
An issue wherein collectable items became stackable.
An issue in 3.0 areas wherein characters and monsters would become stuck in certain terrain or fall through the map.
An issue wherein using DirectX 11 and playing on Full Screen mode, pressing the Print Screen key rapidly sometimes resulted in the character becoming uncontrollable. (Windows version only)
Due to this fix, if using a Print Screen function through other software, there is a chance that the software may not function correctly while the FINAL FANTASY XIV client is open with DirectX 11. Using the in-game Screenshot function will still work.
Fixed a number of text errors.

I miss the narbrooi murderball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

MCH is really fun and will probably get more fun as people figure it out more but it does actually have some serious problems that lead to either overexertion through in-depth micromanagement or just a shockingly bad output of damage. The micromanagement thing is a huge problem because it means in any sort of high-end fight you have a class that is required to be more focused on its rotation than mechanics, simply to keep up with everyone else, and that leads to a lot of problems.

I can't quite figure out what DRKs role is, and the more people I talk to who have started gearing the class up post-60, it sounds like they can't either. It has a loving BOATLOAD of damage mitigation cooldowns, which tells me that you really want it in an MT role more than anything due to its dependency on getting hit in the face to get its abilities going. At the same time, a Paladin is a lot more stable suggestion for that role. As it stands, neither tank class can match up to WAR in terms offtanking effiency and raw damage output... The latter part of which is weird, considering how the two tanks stacked up against eachother in 2.0, but idk

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jun 25, 2015

• Locked thread