Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Just got the game the first batmobile mission made me want to throw the game out of a window, is the entire game batmobile heavy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

MadJackMcJack posted:

Since the refund still has to be approved I imagine there's a whole host of reasons to refuse a refund. Like playing the game for quite a long time, or the game being Early Access (since Steam warns you repeatedly that Early Access means you take your chances). Honestly, I think this is the perfect way to keep publishers who pull this kind of poo poo honest, since it hurts them in the one place they truly care about, and is unlikely to affect indie devs all that much.

of course you have people like me who bought 18 games with no bugs or issues while drunk during the steam sale and refunded them all, so essentially steam made 30% on all of those and the refund had nothing to do with the publishers loving up. sorry publishers

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Scyantific posted:

Honestly I don't see an issue with that policy. Sure, the percentages could use a change, but overall I'm for it. It forces devs and publishers to actually put some effort into making a quality product to avoid losing profit later on if they happen to deliver something as bad as this.

If companies start moving away from Steam then it just becomes clear who's not willing to shell out a bit more time/money and makes them seem like they'd rather deliver low quality ports to appease the PC community.

Exactly, plus skipping over Steam and not getting in on a huge majority who uses Steam DRM over everything else is a huge hit. I wish refunds had been a thing for Evolve or even Unity; poo poo would have been hilarious.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Phylodox posted:

So everyone is having stuttering issues with this game on PC? I have a 2GB video card when a 3GB card is recommended. When I tried to play it everything was slow as poo poo, even on the lowest settings. Is that because of my graphics card or is it a known issue?

The game was literally pulled from Steam for having problems so yes, you're not alone.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Phylodox posted:

So everyone is having stuttering issues with this game on PC? I have a 2GB video card when a 3GB card is recommended. When I tried to play it everything was slow as poo poo, even on the lowest settings. Is that because of my graphics card or is it a known issue?
Have you not been paying any attention?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Phylodox posted:

No the game doesn't studder for me with NVIDIA Stupid Smoke off. I'm using a 780Ti with everything maxed except for smoke at 1080p.

With that said, I think I'm getting a refund and getting the PS4 version since it currently looks superior.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Norns posted:

With that said, I think I'm getting a refund and getting the PS4 version since it currently looks superior.

this is really the best call if you own either an xbox one or ps4

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Another one I've not seen mentioned is that there's a particular gadget in the old Cinema. It's not really hidden or anything but you'll not notice it's there unless you explore (i didn't get any notifications to look for it).

Also, dual predator mode loving rocks.

The more i play these co-op sections the more i think they could work pretty well with a human partner (as long as you don't get penalised for whiffing in combat).

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Puistokemisti posted:

That sounds insanely brutal for devs, and honestly I could see refund process like that actually driving big companies away from Steam.

I think it would incentivize publishers to QA their product better and not release broken poo poo. Let's be honest no big publisher is going to walk away from Steam, it is like walking away from Walmart to only sell at the flea market down the road. Steam has effectively curbed what was at one time rampant piracy and created what would have been a pipe dream years ago which is a one stop digital marketplace. Hell Steam is better than even the console maker's stores which is saying a lot. What are they going to do, go make their own store? EA is the only publisher that could make something like that work and we have all seen how much of a joke Origin has turned out to be.

Warner Bros got caught trying to in effect defraud the PC user base. If Batman would have been released 3 weeks ago everyone would have had to eat a poo poo sandwich while they laughed to the bank. Now they have actual consequences to releasing broken garbage. It honestly protects Valve as much as it does the customer since I think Valve is wanting to clean up the service a bit, no better way to do that than to force the garbage out by hitting them where it hurts; the pocketbook.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

some people are mad over this

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Hey whoa slow down there buddy let's not call them 'people'.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Of course they are.

I loving hate Reddit.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I was reading that WBCommunity thread where they were recommending settings and poo poo, there were a bunch of people linking that NVIDIA video asking them how that was possible.

Checked out the video, and :laffo: :laffo: :laffo: they sped that footage up to make it seem like it was running at 60 fps. Like, completely loving obvious when you hear the chipmunk sounding thugs getting their poo poo kicked in by Bats.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Scyantific posted:

I was reading that WBCommunity thread where they were recommending settings and poo poo, there were a bunch of people linking that NVIDIA video asking them how that was possible.

Checked out the video, and :laffo: :laffo: :laffo: they sped that footage up to make it seem like it was running at 60 fps. Like, completely loving obvious when you hear the chipmunk sounding thugs getting their poo poo kicked in by Bats.

This was discussed earlier, it's probably not that. The chipmunking effect was caused by a different kind of error based on how they set it up.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

redbackground posted:

Have you not been paying any attention?

I've been avoiding reading anything about the game so I don't spoil anything. But since I can't play it at all I figured "gently caress it!", came in here, and saw some talk about stuttering issues.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I haven't seen any clips of this. How's that work out?

It's good, but there's only like two lines total of "Harleen" that I found. I could be missing some I guess. Basically she sounds more normal (no put on high pitched whine) and reminds Harley that Joker is very dead and she's tired of doing this stuff. Harley responds by threatening to get a lobotomy. Then they just drop the plot thread :sigh:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

I'm mad at it because it's not funny and the intern that typed it up is probably the most annoying little turd at RockSteady.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

net cafe scandal posted:

I'm mad at it because it's not funny and the intern that typed it up is probably the most annoying little turd at RockSteady.

So they found exactly the right dude for The Riddle Man's writer.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Norns posted:

Of course they are.

I loving hate Reddit.

If Oracle ran your posts through the Batcomputer she would get a 99.8% match with the average /r/gaming poster.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Riddler being a GG-style dude who is too pathetic to even get GG riled up is 100% sensible for the character though. That is basically who he has been throughout the entire Arkham franchise. He straddles the line between loser and dangerous loser.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Phylodox posted:

I've been avoiding reading anything about the game so I don't spoil anything. But since I can't play it at all I figured "gently caress it!", came in here, and saw some talk about stuttering issues.
Here's the pertinent info you should be aware of.

Video breakdown of what's wrong (hint: almost everything).

Eurogamer's PC review

redbackground fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jun 25, 2015

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Well, I bought a new graphics card, anyways, so when I can run the game I'll be able to do it with all the bells and whistles, at least.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Yay, GMG has processed my refund. Wasn't expecting that to get done in the same day I requested it. Especially getting it at 7pm, they must have people working overtime to handle this poo poo show.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

If Oracle ran your posts through the Batcomputer she would get a 99.8% match with the average /r/gaming poster.

I'm glad you have a massive hard on for me and spent time reading my posts. Thanks.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

canada jezus posted:

Just got the game the first batmobile mission made me want to throw the game out of a window, is the entire game batmobile heavy?

Sorry, the Batmobile comprises a good chunk of the extra activities in the game, especially with the Riddler. :( You may have a better time with the vehicle if you switch the controls to make battle mode a toggle rather than a hold.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Norns posted:

I'm glad you have a massive hard on for me and spent time reading my posts. Thanks.

If I were sexually horny towards you, I would probably say nice things about your posts.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

There's an ignore feature. You might try it.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oracle. Major spoilers:

I don't know why but her "suicide" has left me pretty loving unsettled since I saw it yesterday. I've progress to the point of the game where I've just taken out the long range missile launcher on Founder's Island (clearing up side activities beforehand), but I keep thinking about the scene and just stop being happy, ugh. :smith:

That and the sequence where you see her get shot in the spine and whimper on the floor, paralyzed, hit me. I feel kind of annoyed with myself at getting this bent out of shape over a computer game but jesus christ I feel awful for her all around.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

net cafe scandal posted:

If I were sexually horny towards you, I would probably say nice things about your posts.

let me tell you all about a little thing called "negging"

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Unless I'm being fed wrong info, the refund process Valve uses is incredible. Basically devs get all their Steam sales placed in a coffer, the contents of which are sent every month, while valve gets immediate access to 30% of every sale. But when a refund is approved, Valve keeps their 30% and the full price of the refund comes out of the developers/publishers total earnings for that month. So getting a successful refund on a game owns devs harder than just pirating the game. WB must be feeling an incredible amount of heat right now.

That's not true. Valve doesn't get to keep their cut and charge the developer for the full sale price.

Arkham Knight costs $60, Valve gets $20, WB gets $40. People request refunds, Valve gives the customer $60 and subtracts $40 from the payment they will send to WB at the end of the month.

The reason WB pulls the game is that although a recall like this is many times more expensive than a delay, it limits their legal liability to class action lawsuits or FTC fines for false advertising as well as minimizing the hammering that their flagship game is receiving online and by word of mouth.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

canada jezus posted:

Pretty much. You can't ignore the Batmobile completely.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

AngryBooch posted:

That's not true. Valve doesn't get to keep their cut and charge the developer for the full sale price.

Arkham Knight costs $60, Valve gets $20, WB gets $40. People request refunds, Valve gives the customer $60 and subtracts $40 from the payment they will send to WB at the end of the month.

The reason WB pulls the game is that although a recall like this is many times more expensive than a delay, it limits their legal liability to class action lawsuits or FTC fines for false advertising as well as minimizing the hammering that their flagship game is receiving online and by word of mouth.

Source? I posted that kind of hoping someone would have evidence to the contrary.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Norns posted:

There's an ignore feature. You might try it.

You might try never posting in this forum again, as I shan't be doing that.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So, without spoiling anything, is there a reason why (I'm spoilering just in case it tips people off) i can't see through my bat chums when i detective mode them?

Also, i hear whispers when i'm in detective mode. It feels somewhat hinty at plot stuff.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

You might try never posting in this forum again, as I shan't be doing that.

You're a cool guy.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

CuwiKhons posted:

It's good, but there's only like two lines total of "Harleen" that I found. I could be missing some I guess. Basically she sounds more normal (no put on high pitched whine) and reminds Harley that Joker is very dead and she's tired of doing this stuff. Harley responds by threatening to get a lobotomy. Then they just drop the plot thread :sigh:

That's lame. :(

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

gently caress the Batmobile.

gently caress lovely platforming puzzles based around moving the Batmobile into a place you can easily access without it.

Story spoiler: gently caress Joker showing up every 30 seconds to taunt you. This game has trained me to go "NO. gently caress OFF." every time they appear.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Kin posted:

So, without spoiling anything, is there a reason why (I'm spoilering just in case it tips people off) i can't see through my bat chums when i detective mode them?

I assume it's because of their suits, as there are enemies that are hidden from detective mode as well.

Also, I love the Batmobile.

I love the Riddler puzzles, the tank fights, the races, everything.

Anyone that doesn't like the Batmobile is bad at video games and/or has no taste.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Riotgrrill posted:

Holy crap does playing it on an SSD make a huge difference!

It went from entirely unplayable <5-20 fps during cutscenes/batmobile sections with all settings on Low and ini tweaks to averaging 50 and never dropping below 30 with all settings turned up.

It's playing just fine (read: better than most) on my hdd (and 760 graphics card) so I wonder what it actually is that makes it play better on some systems than others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

A. Beaverhausen posted:

It's playing just fine (read: better than most) on my hdd (and 760 graphics card) so I wonder what it actually is that makes it play better on some systems than others.

Is yours installed on a SSD?

• Locked thread