Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

blizzardvizard posted:

We just had gender-bending soup that opens doors to spirit world which drips from a monkey king's balls that fall off in two dimensions simultaneously after a dance battle, this is nothing

I have a friend I tried to explain this very scenario to.

He asked me when I started taking drugs and who my supplier was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Seebach posted:

I have a friend I tried to explain this very scenario to.

He asked me when I started taking drugs and who my supplier was.

I wonder who Shimabukuro's drug dealer is. He's gotta be getting some premium goods.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

So the Civilization is within a giant camping beast, only it isn't the whale IT IS A CLAM.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

AtomikKrab posted:

So the Civilization is within a giant camping beast, only it isn't the whale IT IS A CLAM.

Makes more sense, a clam is more secure!

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
Spoiler: The clam is riding on the whale

KoB
May 1, 2009
So not only is the clam larger than the United States, that means the black ocean or whatever is an area of the sea that is another factor larger than the United States.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

KoB posted:

So not only is the clam larger than the United States, that means the black ocean or whatever is an area of the sea that is another factor larger than the United States.

I mean, we've seen a map of the toriko earth and it has our earth as the human world and then the gourmet world is at least 10x that big

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Toriko-Earth has been expanding for ages now. Rising like dough, you could say.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

So then the world is actually dough for an alien race to pound flat and Acacia's full course is just ingredients for a kickin rad pizza.

God is pepperoni.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

KoB posted:

Did you miss the part where a meteorite the size of the moon dropped into it?

KoB
May 1, 2009

RatHat posted:

Did you miss the part where a meteorite the size of the moon dropped into it?

haha I forgot about that, youre right.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Death Bot posted:

I mean, we've seen a map of the toriko earth and it has our earth as the human world and then the gourmet world is at least 10x that big

No no, the Earth the 7 continents, is a tiny tiny bit in the center of the human world, which is then surrounded by the gourmet world which is like 10x as big.

I'm too lazy to imgur but here is a map, look at that tiny poo poo in the center, thats the loving original earth, starting with eurasia and africa on the left and north south america on the right.

Incidently the depth of the black triangle doesn't work with it swallowing something the size of the moon, or even containing that sweet huge fukken clam (which if the moon whale is the size of the moon is about 1/3rd it's size.) ... unless you make it say 30 million meters or even 30000 million meters deep. :getin: I want it to be that fukken deep cause gently caress yes.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jun 19, 2015

unprofessional
Apr 26, 2007
All business.
My favorite part is that it's only the third deepest spot in gourmet world.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah thw deepest point is obviously the Marinara trench.

brotato
May 14, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yeah thw deepest point is obviously the Marinara trench.

I came here to make this exact awful dad joke and am deeply comforted to know I wasn't the only one who thought of it.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Chapter 329 Is out.

"It's so LONG!" Exclaimed Komatsu.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Huzzah! posted:

and Komatsu was eager to help handle the long pan

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Huzzah! posted:

Chapter 329 Is out.

glassyalabolas posted:

and Komatsu was eager to help handle the long pan

:mrgw:

That was cool having the chefs show off a bit. Hope there is a lot more for this arc.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Huzzah! posted:

Chapter 329 Is out.

One musn't...
Keep customers waiting a single millimeter

is somehow really intimidating to me.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Brought To You By posted:

One musn't...
Keep customers waiting a single millimeter

is somehow really intimidating to me.

It's only natural to be intimidated by Cooking Saruman.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

:mrgw:

That was cool having the chefs show off a bit. Hope there is a lot more for this arc.

I was worried that they'd all get completely chumped by the people of this place, then we basically got to see them all doing as well as or even better than the people they were meeting (even as they were impressed by all the new things they were encountering), culminating in Chiyo one-upping the group's mysterious benefactor and annihilating the thing that was menacing them a chapter ago. I guess it was primarily a threat because it could hurt their transport and when you're at the bottom of the ocean you can't exactly get out to murder a giant coral thing. Good to see she's still ludicrously powerful; after how terrifying she was as an antagonist, it'd be a shame if she were suddenly useless as an ally.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Chiyo is probably the strongest character there after the Gold Chef. Heck, at this point, she's probably still stronger than Toriko if her fight with Setsuna is any indication.

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

Roland Jones posted:

I was worried that they'd all get completely chumped by the people of this place, then we basically got to see them all doing as well as or even better than the people they were meeting (even as they were impressed by all the new things they were encountering), culminating in Chiyo one-upping the group's mysterious benefactor and annihilating the thing that was menacing them a chapter ago. I guess it was primarily a threat because it could hurt their transport and when you're at the bottom of the ocean you can't exactly get out to murder a giant coral thing. Good to see she's still ludicrously powerful; after how terrifying she was as an antagonist, it'd be a shame if she were suddenly useless as an ally.

The scene in which she strips someone to the bone before he even notices remains one of the most disturbing I have seen in a manga.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

davidHalestorm posted:

Chiyo is probably the strongest character there after the Gold Chef. Heck, at this point, she's probably still stronger than Toriko if her fight with Setsuna is any indication.

I gotta agree that out of the chefs (minus JiJi), she probably has the scariest combat prowess.

Cooking skill (minus JiJi) still has to be Komatsu, right?

I'm not sure if she is better than Toriko though.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
The mysterious guy's mask looks like Libear and Bambina combined.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

papasyhotcakes posted:

The scene in which she strips someone to the bone before he even notices remains one of the most disturbing I have seen in a manga.

She pulls that off multiple times too, utterly removing that one guy's midsection and later flaying a guy's arm. She also intimidates the temple into revealing itself, which is less viscerally terrifying but pretty crazy nonetheless.

Seebach posted:

I gotta agree that out of the chefs (minus JiJi), she probably has the scariest combat prowess.

Cooking skill (minus JiJi) still has to be Komatsu, right?

I'm not sure if she is better than Toriko though.

Cooking-wise, Komatsu's obviously going to be the best ever. At this present point in time, though, we haven't really had a chance to compare them; all of Chiyo's battle techniques are also cooking ones, though, and both of them were able to prepare the Bubble Fruit which is apparently something you need to be genius-level to do. I'd say that she probably has more technical skill (she's something of a rival to Setsuno and has won that mega cooking competition thing a few times) while Komatsu has that whole "voice of the ingredients" thing going on. (Tangentially, I've actually been kind of disappointed in how that's played out so far; Air was alright but for Pair it was just "poke it here and bam, it'll gush out gallons for testicle-fluid", which isn't really a display of skill on his part.)

As for her versus Toriko, well, her fight with him she was already injured for, and she had abandoned Food Honor at that point as well. She's probably regained that and thus become even stronger in the meantime, though of course Toriko's also gotten obscenely tougher since their fight, so... Really, unless she's planning a betrayal to try to bring her son back it won't matter anyway, and like Komatsu Toriko has a "shonen protagonist and therefore going to be the best sooner or later" thing going on anyway. If they did fight again, though, it'd probably be really brutal.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Roland Jones posted:

She pulls that off multiple times too, utterly removing that one guy's midsection and later flaying a guy's arm. She also intimidates the temple into revealing itself, which is less viscerally terrifying but pretty crazy nonetheless.

Cooking-wise, Komatsu's obviously going to be the best ever. At this present point in time, though, we haven't really had a chance to compare them; all of Chiyo's battle techniques are also cooking ones, though, and both of them were able to prepare the Bubble Fruit which is apparently something you need to be genius-level to do. I'd say that she probably has more technical skill (she's something of a rival to Setsuno and has won that mega cooking competition thing a few times) while Komatsu has that whole "voice of the ingredients" thing going on. (Tangentially, I've actually been kind of disappointed in how that's played out so far; Air was alright but for Pair it was just "poke it here and bam, it'll gush out gallons for testicle-fluid", which isn't really a display of skill on his part.)

As for her versus Toriko, well, her fight with him she was already injured for, and she had abandoned Food Honor at that point as well. She's probably regained that and thus become even stronger in the meantime, though of course Toriko's also gotten obscenely tougher since their fight, so... Really, unless she's planning a betrayal to try to bring her son back it won't matter anyway, and like Komatsu Toriko has a "shonen protagonist and therefore going to be the best sooner or later" thing going on anyway. If they did fight again, though, it'd probably be really brutal.

Actually I think that whole complicated and insane "touch the two of them together in the real/death worlds, at the exact same time" was part of the cooking technique and why it was the most delicious Pair that evil-Kaka had seen.

The poke was an unrelated bit of showing off.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shugojin posted:

Actually I think that whole complicated and insane "touch the two of them together in the real/death worlds, at the exact same time" was part of the cooking technique and why it was the most delicious Pair that evil-Kaka had seen.

The poke was an unrelated bit of showing off.

That is more impressive, but Komatsu wasn't the one who figured that out. (Good) Kaka told him how to do that in the spirit world.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Chiyo will likely get development since the whole point of their quest is to get the ingredient that connects the land of the living and the land of the dead.

Chiyo and/or Komatsu is totally going to cook a meal for her dead son and it'll be :unsmith: as heck

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I just caught up with the manga after marathoning the anime. Pair arc was great but I did not expect it to end with them capturing monkey testicles that gushed genderswapping soup :eyepop:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Broseph Brostar posted:

I just caught up with the manga after marathoning the anime. Pair arc was great but I did not expect it to end with them capturing monkey testicles that gushed genderswapping soup :eyepop:

You don't "get" Toriko.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

pentyne posted:

You don't "get" Toriko.

but read on, and you will! :getin:

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
On a break this week I take it?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yup.
Announced though due to the writer's sudden illness.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

New chapter out on mangahere.

FOOOOOOD BAAAAATTLE

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Batoto link

CHEF FIGHT CHEF FIGHT

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Hey Pops!

What, no honorary?

I get the feeling that this arc is going to be amazing. BRING ON THE COOKING!!

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I am ready for some Iron Chef action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Maymay? Condor Window? Picnic Bomber? The Toriko name generator is going haywire.

• Locked thread