Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This port is so hosed. I'm sorry to that one guy, it really is worse than MKX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The Fool posted:

I assume it's because of their suits, as there are enemies that are hidden from detective mode as well.

Also, I love the Batmobile.

I love the Riddler puzzles, the tank fights, the races, everything.

Anyone that doesn't like the Batmobile is bad at video games and/or has no taste.

please source your neogaf quotes

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Genetic Toaster posted:

gently caress the Batmobile.

gently caress lovely platforming puzzles based around moving the Batmobile into a place you can easily access without it.

Story spoiler: gently caress Joker showing up every 30 seconds to taunt you. This game has trained me to go "NO. gently caress OFF." every time they appear.

I don't get it. I have not gotten far, but I can't imagine the scarecrow/arkham knight plot ever becoming very compelling, so the joker's antics have been the most interesting to me so far. Mark Hammill's joker voice is cool and the other villains are dorks.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I just got the Mk3 Weapons Overcharge for secondary weapons. How do I do it?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Feenix posted:

I just got the Mk3 Weapons Overcharge for secondary weapons. How do I do it?

If you mean the upgrade I think you do, it's just an extra bar of special weapon meter that gives you further enhanced effects if you charge it up. (i.e: 7 missiles instead of 4.)

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

ImpAtom posted:

If you mean the upgrade I think you do, it's just an extra bar of special weapon meter that gives you further enhanced effects if you charge it up. (i.e: 7 missiles instead of 4.)

Yeah, it's just extra. So 7 missiles, 3 drones hacked instead of 2, or... I don't know what the effect is on the EMP, actually.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Norns posted:

Is yours installed on a SSD?

HDD. No ini hacks or anything and it's a constant 30fps. Tiny dips during chase sequences, but nothing game detracting.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

ImpAtom posted:

Ah thanks. For some reason I thought it was more oomph on the 60mm.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Does the bridge to Founder's Island open up from progressing in the story? I can't continue a few of the side missions without having the Batmobile there. I just revived the giant tree so I wonder how much longer it'll be

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pablo Gigante posted:

Does the bridge to Founder's Island open up from progressing in the story? I can't continue a few of the side missions without having the Batmobile there. I just revived the giant tree so I wonder how much longer it'll be

Yes. It will come very shortly after that mission.

RadicalWall
May 31, 2005

I have no idea whats going on.
Just a heads up to those suffering through the PC port as I am, someone just figured out that the ingame AA feature breaks lighting effects and completely removes distant lights, so add that to the list of things that need to be fixed.

Current solution is turn ingame AA off and inject SweetFX for your AA solution.

Comparison Shots #1
Comparison Shots #2
Comparison Shots #3

Also as a fun aside, I noticed in GCPD there was a corner where my framerate just completely tanked. Turns out in the corner of one of the rooms there's an Alice in Wonderland book and computers just can't handle it. Somewhere in the game files must be a 40 meg texture of the book cover no one bothered to convert.

RadicalWall fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jun 25, 2015

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

ImpAtom posted:

Obviously mass refunds aren't going to be a thing that commonly but it's still kinda weird.

They patched the refund procedure to change the amount of time that could be on the game before they'd accept the refund, as cards are 'real money'. They're not that good at modelling corner cases.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RadicalWall posted:

Just a heads up to those suffering through the PC port as I am, someone just figured out that the ingame AA feature breaks lighting effects and completely removes distant lights, so add that to the list of things that need to be fixed.

Comparison Shots #1
Comparison Shots #2
Comparison Shots #3

I'd love to know what a day at the office is like for the people who ported this. It must be depressing as poo poo.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

RadicalWall posted:

Comparison Shots #1
Comparison Shots #2
Comparison Shots #3

That's absurd. I will be doing that when I get home today. Do you know what it does to performance by any chance?

RadicalWall
May 31, 2005

I have no idea whats going on.

Levantine posted:

That's absurd. I will be doing that when I get home today. Do you know what it does to performance by any chance?

If the benchmark is any indication (and it may not be) turning AA off bought me 1 FPS!

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

RadicalWall posted:

Comparison Shots #1
Comparison Shots #2
Comparison Shots #3

Also as a fun aside, I noticed in GCPD there was a corner where my framerate just completely tanked. Turns out in the corner of one of the rooms there's an Alice in Wonderland book and computers just can't handle it. Somewhere in the game files must be a 40 meg texture of the book cover no one bothered to convert.

drat, that's a vast improvement. I don't remember off hand if the PS4 version has those lighting effects to that extent, hard to tell for sure in the Eurogamer comparisons, but I think so. I'll check that when I get home tonight, and also see if I can find that book and see if it's a problem on PS4 as well. Which corner is it in? Is it easy to find?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
There's a bit late on where Batman goes back to his civvies and talks like Bruce Wayne and holy poo poo does Kevin Conroy sound old. At this rate he'll do fine for another DKR animated movie.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

RadicalWall posted:

If the benchmark is any indication (and it may not be) turning AA off bought me 1 FPS!

Which SweetFX profile are you using in those shots?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Hahah joke's on me but I'm still fairly sure that's Conroy.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Calaveron posted:

There's a bit late on where Batman goes back to his civvies and talks like Bruce Wayne and holy poo poo does Kevin Conroy sound old. At this rate he'll do fine for another DKR animated movie.

It's too bad we aren't playing as an older Batman. MGS4 but Batman.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

iGestalt posted:

I actually got that feeling a few times in the game, even without the advanced aging. In particular the first thing you do in the game is kind of like the inverse of the microwave hall crawl.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

OnimaruXLR posted:

I actually got that feeling a few times in the game, even without the advanced aging. In particular the first thing you do in the game is kind of like the inverse of the microwave hall crawl.

How old is Bruce anyway? Mid 30's at this point?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

iGestalt posted:

DK Returns Bruce has the mustache for it too.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Calaveron posted:

Hahah joke's on me but I'm still fairly sure that's Conroy.

It's still Conroy, but yeah, he's intentionally putting on a voice, for obvious reasons.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

randombattle posted:

How come all of gotham's bad guys chipped in to pay the Arkham Knight to help Scarecrow destroy the city? You'd think Penguin and Two-face would be kind of opposed to be dosed in fear juice. I can understand them paying for him to kill batman but why is everyone helping a two bit plan from Scarecrow? The only reason he accomplished anything was because he had help from everyone.

What? That's idiotic. You could barely get the bad guys in gotham to stay in the same room together without trying to kill the other, let alone somehow fund acquiring any sort of weapons together, especially considering Batman had free reign more or less to take them all out after Arkham City. In fact, why in the gently caress aren't all of the villains from that game still in jail or at Arkham? Why's Riddler not still in jail? I mean yes, this is a comicbook game, but constantly putting the exact same criminals on the street over and over again sort of makes you think the villains are right in calling Bats ineffectual.

Edit: Also, why wouldn't Batman at the ending just put on a mask under his mask or something, some sort of skin graft or whatever, so he could keep his identity secret? Scarecrow doesn't know who he is and it isn't like Robin or Gordon is going to tell him.

evilmiera fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jun 25, 2015

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

evilmiera posted:

What? That's idiotic. You could barely get the bad guys in gotham to stay in the same room together without trying to kill the other, let alone somehow fund acquiring any sort of weapons together, especially considering Batman had free reign more or less to take them all out after Arkham City. In fact, why in the gently caress aren't all of the villains from that game still in jail or at Arkham? Why's Riddler not still in jail? I mean yes, this is a comicbook game, but constantly putting the exact same criminals on the street over and over again sort of makes you think the villains are right in calling Bats ineffectual.

Hello I would like to introduce you to 60 years of Batman comics

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Gotham has a really, really bad legal system and really good lawyer companies for the villains.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I mean, the meta answer is that the writing in superhero comic books is total loving garbage that makes video game writing look good. For an actual in-universe answer, there isn't one because of the meta answer.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

evilmiera posted:

What? That's idiotic. You could barely get the bad guys in gotham to stay in the same room together without trying to kill the other, let alone somehow fund acquiring any sort of weapons together, especially considering Batman had free reign more or less to take them all out after Arkham City.

They could have used a series of video game kickstarter to leech funds off the unassuming

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

1stGear posted:

I mean, the meta answer is that the writing in superhero comic books is total loving garbage that makes video game writing look good. For an actual in-universe answer, there isn't one because of the meta answer.

Now all we need is a game based off the comic tie-in to the new Superman movie and we can reach the trifecta of awful writing. That or the one for Batman vs Superman.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
#CrusaderGate

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

evilmiera posted:

Edit: Also, why wouldn't Batman at the ending just put on a mask under his mask or something, some sort of skin graft or whatever, so he could keep his identity secret? Scarecrow doesn't know who he is and it isn't like Robin or Gordon is going to tell him.

They explain this in the beginning of the game. Arkham City illegally held ppl and they were released as a legal technicality

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I wonder how many more excuses Rocksteady can think of to evacuate an entire city of civilians.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Game honestly has been running fine for me on my 780gtx, but it's installed on my SSD. Are that many people really not on SSD's these days?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Ometeotl posted:

I wonder how many more excuses Rocksteady can think of to evacuate an entire city of civilians.
well they aren't making any more Batman games, so none

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Ometeotl posted:

This one was a pretty good reason but lol at evacuating 6 million people in 24 hours.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
To answer my previous question, you can get all the Riddler stuff in one go. Does anyone know what happens if you have Azrael kill Batman or refuse to surrender to Scarecrow?

God was it satisfying beating that fucker down.

SonicRulez fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jun 25, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

evilmiera posted:

In fact, why in the gently caress aren't all of the villains from that game still in jail or at Arkham? Why's Riddler not still in jail? I mean yes, this is a comicbook game, but constantly putting the exact same criminals on the street over and over again sort of makes you think the villains are right in calling Bats ineffectual.

In-game story says something about the parole board letting all of the criminals walk after the events of Arkham City.

SonicRulez posted:

To answer my previous question, you can get all the Riddler stuff in one go. Does anyone know what happens if you have Azrael kill Batman or refuse to surrender to Scarecrow?

Azrael stays brainwashed, Batman dodges, and then knocks him out and locks him up in GCPD with the other criminals. With Scarecrow, he just patiently waits for you to take off your belt and get into his truck since this is the last moment before the endgame. If you put your belt back on, he's just like "Eh, you'll be back."

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Levantine posted:

This one was a pretty good reason but lol at evacuating 6 million people in 24 hours.
I'm only 6% in, but uh, does Scarecrow still plan on dropping his toxin on an empty city? Like, he probably shouldn't have said anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

redbackground posted:

I'm only like 6% in, but uh, does Scarecrow still plan on dropping his toxin on an empty city? Like, he probably shouldn't have said anything.

It's a huge bomb that's apparently going to cover the east side of America, so it doesn't matter either way.

• Locked thread