Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I guess you could say.....Giorno really took the piss out of Abbacchio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Aurain posted:

The only stands that should have different voices are truly independent stands like Cheap Trick, though I can see the argument for Sex Pistols because they're all different personalities. Changing their voices up for comedy would work, though I guess the range of the VA plays into it too here.

e: Typo

I could see there being a discrepancy for people who sound different in their head than they do with their mouth. For instance, The Fool would probably bark like a bigger dog than Iggy, because most small dogs don't realize that they are little shits.

Should King Crimson sound like the calm cool exterior that Diavolo puts up, or should it sound more high pitched like the insecure psychopath that he is on the inside?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It should sound like Hulk on an extremely bad day.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I think if Stands are representations of who people are on the inside, then it wouldn't be too far fetched for them to sound as different from their user as they look.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
My stand would sound like a big tough gangster, and nothing at all like a pasty white nerd

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I actually do have a stand in real life. It has the power to make everyone who has ever interacted with me regret it.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

If we ever get an animated adaption of Part 5, I wonder what they're going to do about its ending. Will Rolling Stones be included at all? I mean, I guess you'd have to, but it's so pointless. And I'd hope they extend the Giorno as boss bit.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Aurain posted:

Drinking piss: A true Gold Experience.

hahahaha

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

So, from what I can gather, Rohan is just Araki's self insert character.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Best Girl posted:

If we ever get an animated adaption of Part 5, I wonder what they're going to do about its ending. Will Rolling Stones be included at all? I mean, I guess you'd have to, but it's so pointless. And I'd hope they extend the Giorno as boss bit.

The best way to do Rolling Stones would be to break it up into small pieces and spread it throughout the series.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

littleorv posted:

sorta. i mean Araki isn't as big of an rear end in a top hat obviously. and he probably doesn't eat spiders.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

littleorv posted:

Nope, it's Kars. Rohan is the fake Gary Stu to throw you off the scent.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

littleorv posted:

He consistently denies this is the case but it's also totally the case.

(Thankfully this edition of ArakiSaid™ is just in an interview or one of the little blurbs at the start of a volume I think.)

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

dogsicle posted:

sorta. i mean Araki isn't as big of an rear end in a top hat obviously. and he probably doesn't eat spiders.

He totally eats spiders.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

It's true, Araki is willing to literally kill for his art and will unhesitatingly punch children in the face. How long will his crimes go unpunished

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

littleorv posted:

He totally eats spiders.

standard owl posted:

It's true, Araki is willing to literally kill for his art and will unhesitatingly punch children in the face. How long will his crimes go unpunished

I can confirm this is true. Araki is my uncle.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

SkeletonHero posted:

The best way to do Rolling Stones would be to break it up into small pieces and spread it throughout the series.

This would probably be best - then it has the nice reveal of the whole point of it at the end, and would be good for padding out some fights that don’t fit into the episode structure particularly neatly - could definitely help with the pace of each fight as well, as instead of needing to stretch some things out, they can just throw in a bit of the Rolling Stones.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

In Rohan at the Louvre, Okuyasu compares Rohan to the Mona Lisa.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Best Girl posted:

In Rohan at the Louvre, Okuyasu compares Rohan to the Mona Lisa.
So does that mean that Kira...

Well...

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

littleorv posted:

In that they're both manga artists, but I like to think of it more like if Michelangelo were a manga artist. That dude was weird and had this pure hatred of the world and everyone in it except for like one other dude.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Nessus posted:

So does that mean that Kira...

Well...
He'd probably

Well...

at Araki too.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
It is rumored that if you can ever beat Araki in a match set of Rock Paper Scissors, you will inhereit his powers and immortality. To this date, he has never lost.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Archenteron posted:

It is rumored that if you can ever beat Araki in a match set of Rock Paper Scissors, you will inhereit his powers and immortality. To this date, he has never lost.

That's because Araki's Thoth's predictions are 100% accurate, yes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's almost Friday...

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.

Waffleman_ posted:

It's almost Friday...
Now that Jojo's done, Friday is about as compelling as rat poo poo in a bathroom.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Tobaccrow posted:

Now that Jojo's done, Friday is about as compelling as rat poo poo in a bathroom.

If you haven't been watching Shokugeki no Soma, at least watch the last two episodes because one of the VAs is Dio and uhh...

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Death Bot posted:

If you haven't been watching Shokugeki no Soma, at least watch the last two episodes because one of the VAs is Dio and uhh...

His character will appear fairly often as the series goes on, too.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tobaccrow posted:

DIO totally has the same blue text inner monologue as Jotaro when he comes up with these things.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Who would win in a fight, Araki or Rohan?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
i think its complete bullshit we have to wait an entire loving year JUST to know whether or not Part 4 is getting greenlit

I don't want teasers, I want complete confirmation

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
It's gonna happen. Just be patient, mate.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The only thing that's going to be unbearable about waiting for confirmation is all of the people complaining there's no confirmation.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

nothing says we're gonna wait a year, anyways. could happen sooner for all we know, at least as far as just the confirmation goes. not like it'd make the anime arrive any faster, but It'll Happen Eventually for better or worse.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

It's a draw

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
^^ Wow Rohan where are those hands going

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

A better question would be Does Araki get EVERY STAND?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

araki is a stand. why do you think he doesn't age.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Zeruel posted:

^^ Wow Rohan where are those hands going

Exactly where yours would be if you had the chance to embrace Araki, no doubt.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Race Realists posted:

i think its complete bullshit we have to wait an entire loving year

Why do you assume it's going to be a year until confirmation on whether we will get Part 4 or not?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
That's how long it took for SC to get announced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

SC was announced at the big event in December, I believe and aired a year after PB/BT started (ended, maybe?). We'll know by the end of the year, and I can even see the news being inserted into EoH as a flyer or trailer depending on when that launches.