Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

greatn posted:

I noticed none of the arrow villains made the cut.

Ra's first fight with Oliver made him a memorable villain. He played a pretty convincing old man who was tired of having to slaughter all the young heroes who were coming for his head.

Too bad it all went downhill from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

But I still contend Ollie was the main villain of Season 3.

The show's writers were the main villain of season 3.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Drifter posted:

The show's writers were the main villain of season 3.

It was Felicity, but they were the shadowy power behind her.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I'm still mad at arrow for killing off deadshot.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Kingtheninja posted:

I'm still mad at DC Corporate & Will Smith for killing off deadshot.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kingtheninja posted:

I'm still mad at arrow for killing off deadshot.

It was the vaguest death ever that leaves things well open for return.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Warner Bros killed him off because of the Suicide Squad movie. He might return when the movie bombs.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
The Suicide Squad movie better be good, because the Suicide Squad episode of Arrow was a pretty obvious backdoor pilot for a show that got killed because of the movie, and it was a great one.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Skwirl posted:

The Suicide Squad movie better be good, because the Suicide Squad episode of Arrow was a pretty obvious backdoor pilot for a show that got killed because of the movie, and it was a great one.

Both Suicide Squad episodes were laughably terrible man.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Maybe the would-be producers/directors of the Suicide Squad show will go the WW/Hawkgirl route and just make a Doom Patrol show.
But that'd need to be on AMC at the least to be viable. If not HBO.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Marco Ramirez, Daredevil's showrunner for season 2 has been referring to season 2 as "Daredevil vs Punisher."

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
It was strongly implied in the S2 finale, but it's now official: Agents of SHIELD S3 will be loosely adapting Secret Warriors.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/secret-warriors-agents-of-shield-season-3-1201529279/

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

Marco Ramirez, Daredevil's showrunner for season 2 has been referring to season 2 as "Daredevil vs Punisher."

I'd be surprised if there wasn't also an all out gang war. No more kingpin means it is open season.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The rumor going around is that Marvel still hasn't decided what direction it wants to take Iron Fist, with the main sticking point being how "mystical" the show should be. I think I speak for everyone when I say directly adapt Immortal Iron Fist you knobs.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I've never read any Iron Fist so if instead they want to make "Rumble In the Bronx: The Series" I'd be pretty cool with it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

greatn posted:

I've never read any Iron Fist so if instead they want to make "Rumble In the Bronx: The Series" I'd be pretty cool with it.

You should read Immortal Iron Fist.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

zoux posted:

The rumor going around is that Marvel still hasn't decided what direction it wants to take Iron Fist, with the main sticking point being how "mystical" the show should be. I think I speak for everyone when I say directly adapt Immortal Iron Fist you knobs.

Heck, it opens with Danny punching a bunch of Hyrda goons. Marvel TV loves punching Hydra goons!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Danny Rand goes to see The Last Dragon with his millionaire parents and then outside the theater they are killed by ninjas, one day he stumbled into his dad's karate basement and decides to become what ninjas fear the most, a lone karate man. But he gets sidetracked and uses his companies resources to make super good exercise and sparring equipment, and while trying to sell it in Thailand he gets kidnapped into a cave, where ninja terrorists force him to make them a super good bo staff, but secretly he uses the components to make a powerful glove called the Iron Fist, which he uses to escape. So he goes back to hells kitchen where his best friend secretly covets the Iron Fist and uses the Rand corporation to make the Iron Knuckle, and they fight.

Is it something like that?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Yeah, that's it, man. You nailed it.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
We've got our Elektra

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Ah, playing a ninja in a comic book property. A true stretch for her.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Wow, when she reads your post, boy will she be embarrassed.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Jessica Jones comes out this fall, right?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dark Horse and Universal are developing a couple of TV shows, most notably The Umbrella Academy and Concrete. Concrete is a weird one, the story of a political speechwriter who is kidnapped by aliens and has his brain placed in a living rock body. He escapes and the aliens depart, leaving him trapped in his new body. He eventually is captured by the government but is able to convince them to release him with the cover story of his being a government developed cyborg. Despite the out there premise the character never fights criminals or monsters and instead its just about how he lives with this weird new body.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

When did the first season reference elektra? Or do they just mean the hand?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Kingtheninja posted:

In the flashbacks, Foggy talks about Matt taking Greek just so he could hook up with some hot Greek coed.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Kingtheninja posted:

They mentioned Matt having a thing with a Greek girl in on of his classes in college.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Wait, what :psyduck:

WARREN ELLIS AND GALE ANNE HURD TEAM FOR "EL PANTERA" TV SERIES

This come out of loving nowhere because El Pantera is one of the classics in Mexican comic and well, those comics were very local. El Pantera is sort of our James Bond equivalent

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

Dark Horse and Universal are developing a couple of TV shows, most notably The Umbrella Academy and Concrete. Concrete is a weird one, the story of a political speechwriter who is kidnapped by aliens and has his brain placed in a living rock body. He escapes and the aliens depart, leaving him trapped in his new body. He eventually is captured by the government but is able to convince them to release him with the cover story of his being a government developed cyborg. Despite the out there premise the character never fights criminals or monsters and instead its just about how he lives with this weird new body.

Concrete is great, I hope the show gets off the ground and is very good. I love that the dude just uses his crazy new body to walk the ocean floor and climb mountains and other cool poo poo.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I'm at episode 5 on AOS. What's the list for what to skip?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Kingtheninja posted:

1: Introductions to characters.

5: Introduction to recurring villian/antagonist.

6. Filler but good team coming together episode. Probably the best episode of early AoS

7. Introduction to Inner workings of SHIELD, and two important characters for later.

10: Info about how Coulson survived the Avengers movie.

11: More info about Coulson.

12. Filler episode, but some Skye stuff that's semi relevant.

14: Continues the Coulson story, and introduces character who becomes reaaaaal important for the rest of the season.

16 - 22: Watch all these

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Kingtheninja posted:

Everything.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Dexo posted:

1: Introductions to characters.

5: Introduction to recurring villian/antagonist.

6. Filler but good team coming together episode. Probably the best episode of early AoS

7. Introduction to Inner workings of SHIELD, and two important characters for later.

10: Info about how Coulson survived the Avengers movie.

11: More info about Coulson.

12. Filler episode, but some Skye stuff that's semi relevant.

14: Continues the Coulson story, and introduces character who becomes reaaaaal important for the rest of the season.

16 - 22: Watch all these

...at which point, since you're only skipping 8, 9, 13, and 15, you might as well suck it up and watch 'em all. :shrug:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Looks like next season of Arrow is continuing the League stuff as Neal McDonough has been cast as Damien Darhk.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You mean HIVE.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The Archie TV project is now going to be on the CW: Link

And if that promo art is specific to this show, it's an interesting choice of cast.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gaz-L posted:

And if that promo art is specific to this show, it's an interesting choice of cast.

This is not helping the Betty vs Veronica dilemma.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

twistedmentat posted:

This is not helping the Betty vs Veronica dilemma.

Betty in the streets, Veronica in the sheets.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

That promo art looks a lot like the new archie reboot, I suspect it's just lifted from that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4cQ83S_gMM

Hey look it's another hype reel for LoT