Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

joeburz posted:

who's the garbage radio personality thats always being touted as THE GREATEST CONSTITUTIONAL SCHOLAR OF OUR TIME

It's Levin. He calls himself "The Great One" and he's always reminding people that he worked for Ed Meese under Reagan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Gregg Abbott in Texas just appointed a homeschool mother who advocated for 'alternative' History and Science books, and homeschooled her kids then sent them to a private school.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

radical meme posted:

It's Levin. He calls himself "The Great One" and he's always reminding people that he worked for Ed Meese under Reagan.

Hopefully he has a heart attack on air.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

CommieGIR posted:

Gregg Abbott in Texas just appointed a homeschool mother who advocated for 'alternative' History and Science books, and homeschooled her kids then sent them to a private school.

Appointed her to what?

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

StandardVC10 posted:

Appointed her to what?

quote:

Greg Abbott's position on homeschooling comes under scrutiny after he appointed Donna Bahorich as the new chair of the State Board of Education.
http://www.austinchronicle.com/daily/news/2015-06-22/abbott-sides-with-homeschoolers/

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Crowsbeak posted:

Hopefully he has a heart attack on air.

Given his medical history and how worked up he gets I actually think this will happen some day.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

StandardVC10 posted:

Appointed her to what?

Sorry, Head of the State Board of Education.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Godfuckingdammit, Texas voters are so stupid. (Alternatively, the state Dem party is just as bad)

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Sir Tonk posted:

Godfuckingdammit, Texas voters are so stupid. (Alternatively, the state Dem party is just as bad)

Can't it be both?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Chris Christie needs to put Phyllis and Andy Schafly in charge of New Jersey's public education system if he wants to win the traditional GOP vote.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Can't it be both?

No because

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGl1CCprCeU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJm6p-L7Nz8

Guess who said this

quote:

When the public schools tell students that our Founding Fathers were a bunch of terrorists: Send the hornets, Lord! Clear the field! When a teacher tells a little boy he can’t pray over his meal: Send the hornets, Lord! Clear that field! When the Pentagon tells them to take down a cross on a Christian chapel: Send those hornets! Clear the field! When the Supreme Court says they know better than God: Send the hornets, Lord! Clear the field!

And, when the president says that America is no longer just a Christian nation: Don’t send the hornets, Lord. Send the mosquitoes and the gnats, and the bumblebees and the lightning bugs and the cicadas! Send every critter you got, Lord! Clear the field!”

Todd Starnes

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

:ohdear: No, not the Lightning bugs. Anything but that!

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Dr. Faustus posted:

RE: CNN is aping FNC:

I don't want to go back and find the post, but somewhere around here I mentioned a thing that blew my mind.

I don't typically watch CNN but it was a boring night and I was surfing the web, and CNN was airing its new documentary about ISIS. I thought, "I'll leave it on this while I surf."

It was long before I heard the narrator say something very close to this:

It came so far out of left field.
I was thinking, "Young men who live in crushing poverty with nothing else to do and no access to women or the rest of the world" but no, to CNN all these kids were playing Soldier of Fortune (an old ultra-violent Raven FPS) or CoD or something and that's what drew them to ISIS. Not the threat of being murdered or the constant threat of drone strikes, airstrikes, and the West (especially the US) loving up their governments, etc. Video games. Violent movies.

I could have poo poo myself (I really could have, I'm an old man and a gamer, too).

I admit I'll watch MSNBC during the Chris Hayes/Rachel Maddow block but I don't take it too seriously. I get my news on Twitter and around here.

To hear CNN trotting out the "violent games and movies" thing in 2015 with respect to that part of the world, it finally opened my eyes on CNN. They're as deplorable as anyone.

That's why I enjoy seeing Al Jazeera when I watch John Olliver.

Just an anecdote that I've shared not long ago, i thought it was relevant to the CNN discussion.

CNN is more accurate than you are. Regular middle class kids from the West join ISIS because of the "Jihad Cool" messaging or whatever its called. They think its hardcore gangster poo poo. ISIS parodies GTA and CoD for a reason.

For traditional Arab audiences, they have a classy Islam magazine for jihad propaganda. The videos are for a different demographic. They are very robust.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jihad_Cool

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dabiq_(magazine)

Smoothrich fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jun 26, 2015

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

What the gently caress does that even mean, "Send the hornets"?

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Mister Macys posted:

Bible stuff obviously

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Mister Macys posted:

Locusts aren't cool anymore, hornets are the new thing.

CommieGIR posted:

And we thought Texas' education system was bad already...

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
The enemy has many spies in his service....birds, beasts... :tinfoil:

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

site posted:

And we thought Texas' education system was bad already...

It's sad when a state could probably say "Remember when we had reasonable, competent leaders, like George W. Bush and Rick Perry?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

In the Old Testament’s Book of Exodus, God sent a “swarm of hornets to clear the battlefield” for an outnumbered Israelite army

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I really hope the Chinese invent cold fusion soon because the US really needs another Science Dick Race.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

In the Old Testament’s Book of Exodus, God sent a “swarm of hornets to clear the battlefield” for an outnumbered Israelite army

MGS3 was real. THE FFFEEEEEAAAAARRRRRR!!!

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

PhazonLink posted:

I really hope the Chinese invent cold fusion soon because the US really needs another Science Dick Race.

MGS3 was real. THE FFFEEEEEAAAAARRRRRR!!!

That's the PAAAAAAIIIIIN!!! you pleb.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

joeburz posted:

who's the garbage radio personality thats always being touted as THE GREATEST CONSTITUTIONAL SCHOLAR OF OUR TIME

David Barton?

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

CommieGIR posted:

The enemy has many spies in his service....birds, beasts... :tinfoil:

It must be kinda cool to perceive reality as something out of Tolkien

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

baw posted:

It must be kinda cool to perceive reality as something out of Tolkien

It'd be great if the constitution made the "one ring" noise from the films. Just muttering whatever is written on it.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Savage today with his guest host has been a non stop entertainment fest of Right Wing tears! It's like the last hours of a :toxx: thread in action.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

CommieGIR posted:

I wonder if she uses the same curriculum the Duggars do, especially regarding sexual abuse.

http://www.motherjones.com/contributor/2015/05/holy-poo poo-how-duggars-homeschooling-curriculum-allegedly-dealt-sexual-abuse

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Ahahaha Hannity opened his radio segment with a bunch of clips of black ministers loudly criticizing the American flag and the injustices done under it. Then he explained to listeners that blacks are calling for "white blood." I'm not even exaggerating, it was just straight up unabashed racist fearmongering, like "These crazy niggers are coming for the flag and then for YOU!"

quote:

When a teacher tells a little boy he can’t pray over his meal

When the Pentagon tells them to take down a cross on a Christian chapel

When the Supreme Court says they know better than God:
none of these things have ever loving happened

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:siren: THE REAL RACISTS :siren:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Sir Tonk posted:

:siren: THE REAL RACISTS :siren:

I'm pretty sure it's actually called the "Cuban" flag, Drudge.

Pixelboy
Sep 13, 2005

Now, I know what you're thinking...

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Doesn't make any loving sense.

Live! Tonight at 11!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

When is Drudge going to finally come out

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Mark Levin's tears were so sweet in the first hour.

"It's tyranny, tyranny I tell you".

edit: I forgot, "tyranny in a post-constitutional America".

radical meme fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jun 26, 2015

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Anyone mention Bristol Palin is up the duff out of wedlock for the 2nd time yet?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

happyhippy posted:

Anyone mention Bristol Palin is up the duff out of wedlock for the 2nd time yet?

Not yet. Father is unannounced.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

AsInHowe posted:

Where's Chucky J when you need him?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

AsInHowe posted:

There must be a lot of frat houses nervous tonight awaiting which one was the grounds of the holy seed.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Now that Palin is out of the public eye and recognized as a joke by everyone except fringe crazies, I'm cool letting sleeping dogs lie. I get she's going for a Kardashians-style "famous for being famous" bit but we don't need to enable or encourage her. Say what you will about the Kardashians, they are pretty media savvy. The Palins have shown themselves time and time again . . . not to be. Let's leave 'em alone and all just agree to pretend they never existed.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Shbobdb posted:

Now that Palin is out of the public eye and recognized as a joke by everyone except fringe crazies, I'm cool letting sleeping dogs lie. I get she's going for a Kardashians-style "famous for being famous" bit but we don't need to enable or encourage her. Say what you will about the Kardashians, they are pretty media savvy. The Palins have shown themselves time and time again . . . not to be. Let's leave 'em alone and all just agree to pretend they never existed.

Now that she's not at FoxNews and confined to her "network" and facebook, that'll be a bit more plausible.

I wonder how much she'll show up on the Sunday talk shows if Fiorina stays in the primaries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

happyhippy posted:

There must be a lot of frat houses nervous tonight awaiting which one was the grounds of the holy seed.

it's a tense day at Liberty University.