Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

maybe you should not turn your mouse so fast

Hm, this could work. It also only seems to happen in the safe house levels in between the real chapters, probably because I'm too concentrated on shooting people in the normal levels to notice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

when I turn the mouse too fast in new Wolfenstein I can see all the textures load in, idk if it's a setting I can fix. My PC is really good too.

It's id tech 5. It's bad

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Max Payne 3 looks amazing on my PC and it's an install of the same size. When rockstar does a better pc port than you, you officially fail it

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

zen death robot posted:

GTAV is a really good PC port, they actually do a good job at them now

This

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I liked the gameplay video. Provided they fix the gunfeel, this seems as close to a true sequel to Doom 1/2 we're ever gonna get, in terms of fast paced action and the focus on large fights involving many monsters compared to the single monster in a corridor we got in Doom 3.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Gunfeel might be the most homolife word

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

chaosbreather posted:

Gunfeel might be the most homolife word

Homolife.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Hits me right in the gunfeels

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Gunmouthfeel.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i liked RAGE, but at around the second driving sequence where you have to collect meteors i lost interest and stopped playing it

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sector_corrector posted:

i liked RAGE, but at around the second driving sequence where you have to collect meteors i lost interest and stopped playing it

The parts with shooting are great, and the rest is total rear end.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Wormskull posted:

Alright, now that all the edgy kneejerk troll reaction bullshit is over... anyone else genuinely excited about this game, and getting serious callbacks to their childhood, staying up late and blasting demons away even though your parents told you not to? People need to learn to get over the fact that... gasp... Sometimes you need to put some life back into a series in order to reboot it. Or else no one would bother. Let's face it... Doom 1 and 2 look like poo poo. And the gameplay is a touch old-fashioned. I honestly can't wait to see what they've come up with to bring the game into the 21st century.

It's not a kneejerk troll reaction.

The game legitimately looks like a lovely Doom game. Entirely. Just give the Brutal Doom guy all the money, he gets it.

zen death robot posted:

GTAV is a really good PC port, they actually do a good job at them now

It's almost hard to gently caress up a current gen port, the Xbone is running on Goddamn nerf'ed Windows as it is.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Win forum.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blazing Ownager posted:

The game legitimately looks like a lovely Doom game. Entirely. Just give the Brutal Doom guy all the money, he gets it.

Are you hosed in the head. Brutal Doom is nothing like Doom. I think it's fun because I have AIDS but it plays and feels nothing like Doom, except for sharing most of the same graphics I guess.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
odd enough, because im doom

*flexes*

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull posted:

Win forum.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Win forum.

What is YOSPOS, Trebek?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Wormskull posted:

Win forum.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Yolomancer posted:

I liked the gameplay video. Provided they fix the gunfeel, this seems as close to a true sequel to Doom 1/2 we're ever gonna get, in terms of fast paced action and the focus on large fights involving many monsters compared to the single monster in a corridor we got in Doom 3.

Theres hardly any monsters in the trailer compared to the old dooms and everything is brown and the executions are a stupid idea.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Blazing Ownager posted:

It's almost hard to gently caress up a current gen port, the Xbone is running on Goddamn nerf'ed Windows as it is.

is it bbecause.....the xbox one has the wrong ram!!!!!!!!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Blazing Ownager posted:

It's almost hard to gently caress up a current gen port

they just hosed up batman: the jason todd

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Brasseye posted:

Theres hardly any monsters in the trailer compared to the old dooms and everything is brown and the executions are a stupid idea.

They follow the good old "quality > quantity" adage, both in terms of monster numbers and execution variety. Nothing wrong with that.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Falsum posted:

They follow the good old "quality > quantity" adage, both in terms of monster numbers and execution variety. Nothing wrong with that.

what the gently caress

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

qnqnx posted:

what the gently caress

We already have Serious Sam 3 for mindless monsterfests. If Doom focuses on Fear-style highly intelligent but low enemy count encounters, I will be very happy.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Falsum posted:

We already have Serious Sam 3 for mindless monsterfests. If Doom focuses on Fear-style highly intelligent but low enemy count encounters, I will be very happy.

itll be a boring forgettable piece of crap

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

elf help book posted:

itll be a boring forgettable piece of crap

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
FEAR is a great FPS ruined by the lack of interesting enemies.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Falsum posted:

wtf

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Falsum posted:

Win forum.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Doom is perfect for a squad-based tactical shooter. Id should take some cues from the Brothers in Arms series.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

BgRdMchne posted:

Doom is perfect for a squad-based tactical shooter. Id should take some cues from the Brothers in Arms series.

I'm hyped for Space Hulk: Deathwing.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Falsum posted:

I'm hyped for Space Hulk: Deathwing.

Is it a shooter or turn-based? I remember loving the original one that I got free on a compilation disk that came with somebody else's SoundBlaster.

It also had a bunch of Ultima games, including both Worlds of Ultima!

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
It's a squad-based shooter by the guys who made EYE.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Falsum posted:

Might be fun. I'll remember to look at it when it's like $5 on Steam.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Falsum posted:

youre mentally ill

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Falsum posted:

Mother of god. I nearly vomited on my monitor.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Mother of god. I nearly vomited on my monitor.

EYE loving owns

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context
This game they're calling Doom, I think it looks real bad.

I like the map maker, though. Wish more devs would do that again.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

EYE loving owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I think it looks pretty fun, despite the executions. I just hope there's gonna be a mod to make the chainsaw better, Doom chainsaw doesn't really feel right unless you're pointing it straight on and doing a little circle strafe dance around the enemy like a maypole.

• Locked thread