Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

PassTheRemote posted:

Upcoming guests:

June 9th:
Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy & Bill Corbett!

interesting

Hot diggity drat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
Did I miss where they mentioned why they were dressed/made up the way they were?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Tupping Liberty posted:

Did I miss where they mentioned why they were dressed/made up the way they were?

On Monday's show? They did a quick gag at elimination, claiming to be the "@midnight all-stars" comedy troupe.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

DARKSEID DICK PICS posted:

On Monday's show? They did a quick gag at elimination, claiming to be the "@midnight all-stars" comedy troupe.

Ah.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I'm not judging, I'm just staring in... breathless wonder.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
At least they weren't parodies of "I'm on a Boat" and "What Does the Fox Say?"

They're already parodies :argh:

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords
Janet Varney is still adorable.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
I'm Nikki Glaser's tag team partner tonight.

I made the tiniest of the TV network big times. :woop:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

EasyEW posted:

I'm Nikki Glaser's tag team partner tonight.

I made the tiniest of the TV network big times. :woop:

Sorry buddy. :( I personally thought Nikki's was funnier.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
In case this hasn't been mentioned before, Tag Team Thursday is technically a sweepstakes. To qualify, you must email or fax them in release forms and a photo ID within 24 hours of getting tapped on the shoulder

@Midnight posted:

Prizes/Odds of Winning: Forty-one (41) prizes will be awarded in this Sweepstakes Period (one [1] per Individual Drawing). Each Individual Drawing consists of [1] the chance to be mentioned during a broadcast of @Midnight and have a comedian play on winner's behalf (subject to availability and Sponsor's approval) and [2] an 8" x 10" print (exact memorabilia to be determined in Sponsor's sole discretion and subject to availability) signed by Chris Hardwick and/or the comedian (subject to availability) who may have potentially played on the winner's behalf. The approximate retail value ("ARV") of each prize during the Sweepstakes Period is: $5.00. NOTE: Part 2 of the prize (e.g. the 8" x 10" print) will only be awarded to the entrant represented by the guest comedian who wins on the pre-determined broadcast of @Midnight.

No cash equivalent available. :smith:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

EasyEW posted:

In case this hasn't been mentioned before, Tag Team Thursday is technically a sweepstakes. To qualify, you must email or fax them in release forms and a photo ID within 24 hours of getting tapped on the shoulder

No cash equivalent available. :smith:

Wait, so they can't even sign an additional two photos for fans? That seems kind of cheap.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Lmao, that's a worse prize than Microsoft gifting you $0.20 on your birthday :lol:

I remember they had actual prizes a few times like a Buffalo Wild Wings gift card and some headphones or something.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
"You won't believe what mind-blowing thing happened at this Texas book depository!"

:vince:

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
Heil, Newman.

As someone who never got around to checking out RiffTrax, this is surreal and amazing to see these guys again. And now I need to get around to checking out RiffTrax.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Oh god that Puppet :stare:

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Von Sloneker posted:

Heil, Newman.

As someone who never got around to checking out RiffTrax, this is surreal and amazing to see these guys again. And now I need to get around to checking out RiffTrax.

Yes, you do. And if you're in the SF Bay Area, they always come out for SF Sketchfest for an evening of skewering short films. Paul F. Tompkins and Janet Varney always show up as guest riffers, lots of other cool and funny people do, too.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
The fact that they had a clip from Miami Connection is awesome, I cannot wait for the riff.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I should have said all over her tits.

Holy poo poo that was an amazing joke.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
The Degrassi "Sore-ry about your ooterus!" line is one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

Dear Canada: your whole country is ridiculous.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
I will never forgive Hardwick for booting PFT. That is never acceptable.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Majorian posted:

I will never forgive Hardwick for booting PFT. That is never acceptable.

Hey man it's his show, he can flush it down the toilet however he wants

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I haven't been watching, but what's this about booting PFT?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

This came in this morning. Being a runner-up does have its advantages.

Of course, they never asked me to give them a shirt size. A medium isn't in my short-term future. Maybe this time next year?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Woah, neat. That guy that won that contest that was on the show a few months ago is back on as a contestant tonight!

e: "It's not you, it's Windows M-E." :laffo:

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jun 18, 2015

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Yikes, Ashley Tisdale was kind of a bitch tonight. Even Hardwick got kind of passive--aggressive and said she's "barely in third place," when she was only 300 points lower than the other two.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Counterpoint: Ashley Tisdale loving with the buzzer was hilarious.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I don't think she was exactly doing it to be funny though, really just struck me as some high school mean girl type poo poo. It only got funny when the rest of the people joined in on the act.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I think she was just out of place. She's not exactly known for her comedic roles

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I think she thought it was an actual game show.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Counterpoint: Ashley Tisdale loving with the buzzer was hilarious.

Agreed. I wouldn't say she came across as a comedic genius or anything, but she seemed fun.

The entire show I was thinking, either Lauren Lapkus is a giant, or these other two are midgets, so when it was revealed at the end that the guy was actually standing on a box it cracked me up.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Norwegian Rudo posted:

The entire show I was thinking, either Lauren Lapkus is a giant, or these other two are midgets, so when it was revealed at the end that the guy was actually standing on a box it cracked me up.

Lapkus, per the internet, is nearly 6 feet tall.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Agreed. I wouldn't say she came across as a comedic genius or anything, but she seemed fun.

The answers are all staged and written for them anyway.

DJ Pauls Gimp Arm
Mar 22, 2004

M-E-M-P-H-I-S

Aphrodite posted:

The answers are all staged and written for them anyway.

Do you have a reference for this? I've often wondered how the show is produced but can't seem to find anything on the internet

Daedo
May 5, 2002

Shitenshi posted:

Yikes, Ashley Tisdale was kind of a bitch tonight. Even Hardwick got kind of passive--aggressive and said she's "barely in third place," when she was only 300 points lower than the other two.

Hardwick says that all the time with people who get eliminated when the scores are so close. It's meant as a good thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DJ Pauls Gimp Arm posted:

Do you have a reference for this? I've often wondered how the show is produced but can't seem to find anything on the internet

I think it was somewhere earlier in this thread. I read something about how they see most of the content in advance so they can prepare their jokes.

I don't know for sure that non-comedians get writers or anything, but they probably get help.

DJ Pauls Gimp Arm
Mar 22, 2004

M-E-M-P-H-I-S
I've often thought they had to have at least some preparation time or something, but couldn't find any info online. Thanks for confirming.

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

Cameron Esposito is the worst.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Kate Micucci is gonna be on Another Period! Yay!

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Not all the answers are staged, but there's a good chunk of pre-written material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Narcissus1916 posted:

Not all the answers are staged, but there's a good chunk of pre-written material.

It's obvious all the games where the contestants are supposed to come up with a bunch of jokes in a short time are pre-written.

• Locked thread