Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Cartoon Man posted:

It will never happen, but they should do Maker games of all our favorite NES games. Who wouldn't buy the hell out of Super Castlevania Maker or Super Mega Man Maker?

We would have had a Megaman maker, if Capcom wasn't a giant poo poo these days and cancelled it. They were even going to have an option to play as US Box Art Megaman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

MMUniverse didn't look nearly as good as Mario Maker and had a pretty ugly aesthetic.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Maybe they'll rip off Mario Maker and make a good looking Mega Man Maker that uses the sprites and doesn't suck only Mega Man 2's cock like it's the only Mega Man game that ever existed.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Some tweets about the investor's meeting that started half an hour ago.

-New 3DS selling well, but the old 3DS did not, so hardware sales were 8.73m. Software selling well. Pokemon, Smash numbers.
-Mario Kart 8 at 5.11m, Smash Wii U at 3.65m. Wii U HW 2.88m. Too many numbers to type in time, so please check numbers online.
-Entertainment has value, centering on dedicated platforms. Providing premium experiences only available on such. Making more software
-About DeNA, starting smart device apps this year. Smart devices different from dedicated consoles, so even w/ same IP, adapting play styles to suit smart devices will maximize value and drive the expansion of the gaming population.
-Continuing with film adaptations and character merchandizing to increase mind-share of IPs. Ex: Universal agreement. More later.
-Making a marketing appeal for the IPs through experiences only possible at theme parks.
-Making progress with QOL. (No details given.)

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Cartoon Man posted:

It will never happen, but they should do Maker games of all our favorite NES games. Who wouldn't buy the hell out of Super Castlevania Maker or Super Mega Man Maker?

Kid Icarus Maker

Ice Climber Maker

Pinball Maker

(I would buy all of these)

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Q&A:

Q1: There's a difference in value on packaged and download versions of 3DS and Wii U software.

A1: Iwata: We believe download versions have the same value and should be priced the same. Some companies price DLs cheaper due to the there being no used sales or store price reductions. We stress the value of Nintendo software, so we price the same.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

hmmm... mega man maker dlc after nintendo buys capcom ?? i can dig it

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'll be satisfied if just the Mega Man amiibo works with Mario Maker.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Q3: Consecutive launches of 3DS and Wii U were a failure. 3DS recovered with a revised price, but Wii U can't. Will NX suffer too?

A: As you say, the launches didn't go well. Especially the Wii U. The 3DS was restructured domestically with several measures. The Wii U has not been restructured. Looking back, the DS didn't sell very well right away, but was propelled by Brain Training. Ideally sales would start well, but only Wii has really done that. NX was announced as a new platform alongside the DeNA venture. The NX was announced then to indicate that we are not retreating from game platforms and will continue the hardware business. Normally, the announcement would've been made later. It was like revealing a magic trick ahead of time. New proposals require surprises to follow. Such information on the NX won't be announced until 2016. No announcements today.Third-party hardware selections are based primarily upon install base numbers. Several unannounced collaborations with 3rd-parties are making progress.

Motto fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jun 26, 2015

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Randy Johnson and Ichiro's numbers are not decided by Nintendo.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Motto posted:

Q&A:

Q1: There's a difference in value on packaged and download versions of 3DS and Wii U software.

A1: Iwata: We believe download versions have the same value and should be priced the same. Some companies price DLs cheaper due to the there being no used sales or store price reductions. We stress the value of Nintendo software, so we price the same.

gently caress you, I can't pay $85 Canadian dollars for every game you make Nintendo that is just too much

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I dunno how I feel about the NX actually apparently being a new console. Even if it doesn't come out til like 2018, it feels like I just got the WiiU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Macaluso posted:

I dunno how I feel about the NX actually apparently being a new console. Even if it doesn't come out til like 2018, it feels like I just got the WiiU

The console manufacturers are always looking into their next set of hardware, pretty much just as soon as development for the last batch ends. Apparently the shrinking handheld market and the WiiU's floundering forced them to start mentioning it earlier than they would've liked.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Excels posted:

gently caress you, I can't pay $85 Canadian dollars for every game you make Nintendo that is just too much

Maybe it's just a Europe thing but digital prices on consoles tend to be pretty terrible all around outside of the PS store having good sales every so often

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Macaluso posted:

Nintendo probably had their hand forced on the announcement due to the riots and mass suicides that would've started from the smartphone announcement on its own.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Translations are coming from this twitter, by the way: https://twitter.com/Cheesemeister3k

Q6: About E3, there were few software titles shown this year. Why were only titles to be released this year shown?

A6:

Miyamoto: Regarding E3, what you said is partially true. It's available on the Internet, so it's a global announcement. However, it's normally an event aimed at the NA business. It's not only for titles coming soon; last year, experiments shown. This year's announcements didn't include licensee software, so the number was low. This criticism is understood. Sony and Microsoft had many announcements of future titles that were not playable. VR lined the floor as a dream exhibit. There were lots of video demos of those titles. Nintendo played them. (I'm assuming this is an overly-literal translation of saying Nintendo had playable demos) They received high praise as living room game consoles. We collected lots of data and positive impressions.

Iwata: We realize Nintendo fans in Japan were disappointed. It's a US tradeshow, so what's included there is done with both global and American audiences in mind. This is what Nintendo's booth looked like. It was different from other companies'; everyone was smiling, having fun with games. We didn't hold a press conference, but had a Digital Event. Before that, we held the Nintendo World Championships. NWC was very lively. We want to correct the lack of satisfaction with E3 streams, but as a whole, reactions weren't all bad. As Miyamoto said regarding short-term E3 announcements, we decide this on a yearly basis. We talk about future titles when needed. There are years when products are more finished and we can communicate their appeal. That may explain the difference this year.

Motto fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jun 26, 2015

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Motto posted:

Miyamoto: Sony and Microsoft had many announcements of future titles that were not playable. VR lined the floor as a dream exhibit.

Guess he wasn't so impressed with the demonstration he got from Sony.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Raserys posted:

Guess he wasn't so impressed with the demonstration he got from Sony.

It's more a statement that Microsoft and Sony just threw CGI at the viewers while Nintendo's few offerings had actual gameplay shown during the presentation and available to try on the show floor.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I was referring to when some goon posted a picture of Miyamoto at the Project Morpheus stand. I would hate to be the demonstration guy to look at his face if he didn't think it was cool.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Q7: As a game fan, I'm worried about the split between the NX and Wii U.

A7: Iwata: We can't talk about the NX. If we do, competitors may take our ideas and customers won't be surprised.This would not be beneficial for the company or its shareholders. The NX is new hardware, and will start from 0. However, the 3DS and Wii U have install bases. Immediately cutting off SW for previous HW upon the release of a new machine is inefficient. We will continue making 3DS/Wii SW while preparing for the NX. We are prioritizing satisfying customers who purchased the Wii U.

Q8: Apps for smart devices will be released this year, but will they be paid or freemium? What's the target age group?

Iwata: Smart devices include phones and tablets, which have large global install bases. Profits on big hits are very large. However, this isn't an easy world in which just adding famous Nintendo characters will result in a big hit. As for monetization, there are regular sales and paid items or "free to play" systems. I don't think that "free to play" is a good word, so I call it "free to start." Regular sales aren't succeeding. Apps for smart devices are highly competitive, and priced low. Some are discounted 90%.

Motto fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jun 26, 2015

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
You know Nintendo translates all this stuff themselves a day or so after the meeting, right?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I know, but if people don't think it's worth reading now I'll stop.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's cool, just making sure you knew.

They haven't said anything so far that they haven't been saying for the past 6+ months, really.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

It's cool, just making sure you knew.

They haven't said anything so far that they haven't been saying for the past 6+ months, really.

I can't believe he says it's not as easy to just take a character and plop him into a runner.

Look at Sonic Runners that title is literally burnin' up the sales charts!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Okay, some dude just asked why he can't buy Nintendo-brand Uniqlo gear and Nintendo-brand bread. Nintendo-brand bread.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I can't believe he says it's not as easy to just take a character and plop him into a runner.

Look at Sonic Runners that title is literally burnin' up the sales charts!

Still waiting on my DKC Rocket Barrel Flappy Bird clone

edit: i am not joking about this

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I wanna eat the SUper Mario Bread

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Okay, some dude just asked why he can't buy Nintendo-brand Uniqlo gear and Nintendo-brand bread. Nintendo-brand bread.

Oh wow...

quote:

Cheesemeister ‏@Cheesemeister3k 11s11 seconds ago
@NStyles I want to buy lots of Nintendo merchandise, but there's no Nintendo bread. There is candy. Could there be Uniqlo shirts, or shoes?

I hope the investor actually said it like "But there's NO NINTENDO BREAD!" all confused and sad and such.

Edit: I hope they do partner with Uniqlo and the expensive as gently caress shirts you buy let you wear them in Splatoon or Smash Bros. like MGO did.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

where is the bread nintendo?!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
For all we know Japan is awash in celebrity and character based breads. It's impossible to know.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
The Nintendo NX is a new line of bread.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Cooking Mama brand bread. Boom. That one's a freebie Nintendo

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I wonder what hosed up name the NX will have. Remember when the Wii was the Nintendo Revolution and then it was the Wii

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I went to home depot and there wasn't any Splatoon branded paint. What the gently caress, Nintendo!? And before you say "it's ink", I went to the calligraphy section at my local office supply store. No Splatoon ink cartridges.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Awesome! posted:

where is the bread nintendo?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtTMN2CoAgk

Will Super Mario Curry Rice do?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I want some Nintendo food so I know what food to eat.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
They probably have Nintendo gummies at Walmart

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Would Nintendo bread come in the shape of the Nintendo logo or Mario's hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

elf help book posted:

I want some Nintendo food so I know what food to eat.

I once ate the Nintendo Cereal System when I was a kid.

• Locked thread