Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Wow this is new low for Wargaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
The laughs keep coming:

quote:

With World of Warships going into Open Beta Test soon, it's going to be hottest thing on the high seas. We've prepared a boatload of special packages to replace the old CBT bundles. You've got first crack at them before they become publicly available!

Slide into the captain's chair of some impressive Japanese, Soviet and American Premium ships, or stock up on Doubloons and Premium time! Doubloons can be used to convert your free XP or purchase new Port slots, while Premium time earns you 50% more XP and Credits. Both are just the perfect to get your feet wet!

http://worldofwarships.com/en/cbt/news/new-premium-shop-packages/

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

Certainly makes my choice of which game to grind, Elite or Warships, that much each easier.

gently caress yeah space trucking :toot:

Durendal fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jun 26, 2015

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I am not one to jump on the bandwagon of "Fraud!" and "This is illegal" but I am a bit salty. At least give us the things that came with the ship?

e: Okay but from a viewpoint that I understand more, being management.

In a matter of a few hours you:
1. Delay the important patch and wipe for hours on end.
2. Have your first level support tell people they don't get the HB reward
3. Make an annoucment that people actually get the reward
4. Make yet another annoucment that tells people that they won't get it
5. And to finish it all off, offer new packages that sell the reward for quite a bit of money.

I am getting the feeling there the management just cannot keep their people working together because holy loving poo poo those are some bad decisions.

e2:

Wargaming posted:

Edit: All transactions were handled directly through Humble Bundle storefront, and proceeds were given to charities in the amount that players specified their donations to be distributed. Wargaming did not profit from the sale of the E3 Digital Ticket Humble Bundles.

That...doesn't seem right. I can't check anymore, but I am sure some money went to WG?

Michaellaneous fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jun 26, 2015

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
Who knows if it's illegal but it's pretty much the definition of false advertising, that said who gives a poo poo about a dollar that I didn't even give to wargaming.
It's really loving stupid though, even more so than the dumb clan wars gimmicks and 200 hour missions to get a 30 dollar premium tank for 'free'.

Also what about the garage slots that supposedly came with the bonus code?

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Anything you got from the code is only valid for the CBT. Actually not even that. It is valid for the game before patch 0.4.0.

Generalissimo
Jun 13, 2003

Well I can see that they feel like they didn't do a good enough job of angering people with World of Warplanes, so they've decided to step up their game for World of Warships. I'm just going to assume we aren't allowed to get anything the Russians didn't get first.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
The code didn't even give me garage slots in closed beta, that was the point. They might have tried to excuse it because of the five slots from spaceboats, but they never mentioned that in the offer.

I guess this has a benefit though, I wasted some time reading that official forum thread and the anime avatar sycophant brigade is hilarious :laugh:

edit:

Generalissimo posted:

Well I can see that they feel like they didn't do a good enough job of angering people with World of Warplanes, so they've decided to step up their game for World of Warships. I'm just going to assume we aren't allowed to get anything the Russians didn't get first.
As far as I know this is all the fault of Wargaming America being idiots, not the Russians. In fairness I guess (from the official forums) it's been pretty clear since alpha that Wargaming America hired capuchin monkeys for the boats division.

James Garfield fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jun 26, 2015

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

This is Wargaming right now.

http://i.imgur.com/ItcvFPq.gifv

Generalissimo
Jun 13, 2003

James Garfield posted:

As far as I know this is all the fault of Wargaming America being idiots, not the Russians. In fairness I guess (from the official forums) it's been pretty clear since alpha that Wargaming America hired capuchin monkeys for the boats division.
Sure, the Russians had nothing to do with this. I'm totally on board with that. Wargaming makes lots of mistakes. The difference is when I get something that wasn't offered on the RU clusters and there's a mistake, they don't make good on it. They make good when the Russian players get mad. Russian players won't get mad about this, or anything that we get and they don't.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

The gremy is prime seal clubbing right now. No one is at tier 5 yet so it's a bunch of Arkansas' waiting for your torps and tier 3 cruisers.

Burno
Aug 6, 2012

They have a pretty favorable refund policy (if they will follow it), so I asked for all my money back.

I am ashamed to admit how much, but I spent a lot of money on this game, and since everything was wiped anyways...

https://na.wargaming.net/support/Knowledgebase/Article/View/156/21/can-i-get-a-refund-for-my-premium-shop-purchase

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?
Just got home and just started grinding.

RIP old ships.

Also can i get authed on the TS.

ohsosad fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jun 26, 2015

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

ohsosad posted:

Just got home and just started grinding.

RIP old ships.

Also can i get authed on the TS.

Done.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

James Garfield posted:

I guess I'm glad I didn't give any of my humble bundle dollar to the developers.
Good job wargaming for fraud over an item with zero marginal cost.

I guess we know now why EU didn't get it.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Any bets on how they fix this or if they just circle the wagons and ignore the increasing outcry?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

cheese posted:

Any bets on how they fix this or if they just circle the wagons and ignore the increasing outcry?

Depends on how much attention gets brought to the attention of the "gaming media"

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

cheese posted:

The only statement so far is "We didnt get any money you guys." Thread is currently seperated between people making fun of the anime clan and being mad at WG. I am just shitposting.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

So after taking the last few weeks off from ships, I'm pretty bad at this game again.

The queue is hilarious.

200 cruisers waiting for a game? gently caress you, have to have a battleship! Then after three minutes, it just makes an all cruiser game anyway (with maybe a couple DD's).

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Wanna hear the funniest thing? Wargaming just opened a position for a new Senior Community Manager :allears:
They don't give any fucks holy poo poo.

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

Elmnt80 posted:

Depends on how much attention gets brought to the attention of the "gaming media"

I'm sure there have been real stinkers of games in Humble Bundles in the past, but at least someone can say "that game sucks" before you buy it. Has there ever been a situation where something was offered and then the company/maker has gone "lol nope" in a Humble Bundle before?

If this goes on for a few days, the Bundle people will probably have to issue some kind of statement, even if they just wash their hands of the controversy. A statement from Humble Bundle will hit the gaming sites, and that's going to make Wargaming look like one of my ships six minutes into a battle: riddles with bullet holes, going in circles, and sinking from a torpedo hit.

I can't fathom why they haven't just given Bundle people the ship and the code just from a PR perspective, or at least said they're working on compensating the people affected.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?

Michaellaneous posted:

Wanna hear the funniest thing? Wargaming just opened a position for a new Senior Community Manager :allears:

Hahahahahahahahahaha

texasmed
May 27, 2004
i don't know anything about this, but lmao if you thought you were getting a 20 dollar bote for 1 dollar

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

texasmed posted:

i don't know anything about this, but lmao if you thought you were getting a 20 dollar bote for 1 dollar

There are always going to be "never paying for a free game" adherents, but it's a pretty well-established fact that when you give stuff away for free (or very cheaply), you're creating a goodwill incentive that *often*, not always, leads to bigger dividends and rewards in the future.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Humble bundle is currently selling a 30 dollar video game for a dollar, the salient difference is that this one isn't a 48 hour demo key labeled "full game"

Also the bundle key allegedly gives you the Murmansk/gold if you use an unused code on your open beta account? :psyduck:

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

After a WG rep said we were, why would we not think that?

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

texasmed posted:

I know you are trolling, but they said just that, we were going to get our stuff after cbt.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Michaellaneous posted:

Guess they wanted to can Gunlion so they made him announce it.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Durendal posted:

I know you are trolling, but they said just that, we were going to get our stuff after cbt.

Pretty sure they also said if you already had a Murmansk, you'd get the 1000g plus the Murmansk's gold in price. And someone seriously needs to keep a watch on Glassdoor for Gunlion's 'exit letter.'

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

WayAbvPar posted:

After a WG rep said we were, why would we not think that?

multiple reps said so, including making a stickied thread that explicitly spelled it out while the bundle was still for sale

somewhere at wg there have to be pr people explaining for the 50th time how dumb it is to alienate your most enthusiastic customers just as the game is launching, not to mention that many of them are also customers of the one other product you have that is a success

Jack_tripper fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jun 26, 2015

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.
I had a 60% win rate in the month before.

I have a 27% win rate today. I can't buy a win, despite sinking more ships than ever before...

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
I'm 0:10 battles in the loving Sampson tonight.

It's terrible.

Not the ship, the battles. poo poo is happening badly.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Same. I am going to be in tier 2 boats for loving ever. Pubbies hate to win even more than in tanks. Or I just can't carry here like I can there.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I have an even higher winrate than I had in CBT, hooray for non-representative samples!

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

texasmed posted:

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

xthetenth posted:

Guess they wanted to can Gunlion so they made him announce it.
Was it ever discovered if Gunlion had anything to do with Wargaming NA collaborating with Humble in the first place? If it was mostly his idea and WG didn't think it through then he would have been more than just the fall guy.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.
kotaku has a story up about Murmanskgate (Murmansklock?) right now.

But really it's about ethics in Internet fake navel combat.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Michaellaneous posted:

That...doesn't seem right. I can't check anymore, but I am sure some money went to WG?
Not for the E3 bundle. There wasn't even an option for anything to go to the developers, the only people making anything were charity and Humble.

Regardless, it's still pretty lovely.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Victor Surge posted:

kotaku has a story up about Murmanskgate (Murmansklock?) right now.

But really it's about ethics in Internet fake navel combat.

pixel watergate might be appropriate.

also i just feel like being a thorn tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burno
Aug 6, 2012

guidoanselmi posted:

pixel watergate might be appropriate.

also i just feel like being a thorn tonight

you should include the refund policy
https://na.wargaming.net/support/Knowledgebase/Article/View/156/21/can-i-get-a-refund-for-my-premium-shop-purchase