Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Milner and Ireland was a part swap between City/Villa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

PirateBob posted:

Turns out Clyne is actually bad and inferior to Antonio Valencia in every way!! :cool:

Another bullet dodged.

This was a serious post i think

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Wow his total score is twice as big. Makes you think.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Gene Ricman posted:

Apparently we're also really close to signing Scott Dann, which would help because we've only got two centrebacks in our whole squad.

Scott "the Relegator" Dann!

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Hegay posted:

This was a serious post i think

Wow, what a loving idiot that guy is.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Proof why Clyne is a bench warmer for England!

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Parody Threads posted:

I think the Leicester boys did one but I didn't watch the whole thing.

i thought this was funny.

in addition to the alex song news, apparently theres rumors that carl jenkinson might return on loan again maybe

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Darryl Lachman signs for Sheffield Wednesday from FC Twente

we had the best defence in the league last year and idk anything about him but he seems to have his head on straight

"It will be a new challenge for me and I don't know what to expect but I think that the level will be higher than in Holland."

too loving right it will be

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

hadji murad posted:

Proof why Clyne is a bench warmer for England!

Yeah, if only Antonio Valencia wasn't starting for England at right back.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Your Weird Uncle posted:

in addition to the alex song news, apparently theres rumors that carl jenkinson might return on loan again maybe

I hope this happens

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

I hope this happens

West Ham would be a far more stable club than Sunderland. Also he wouldn't have to move.

Who the gently caress would want to go to Sunderland anyway?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

How many players have thrown their toys out of the pram because they've almost had to go to Sunderland.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
Cech has agreed terms, Chelsea and the arsenal have agreed a fee, and he's having his medical today

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33282159

Done deal? Not yet. Don't be stupid.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I hope we buy a second right back when Clyne goes, I don't think McCarthy is ready to step up, Toby is gone and was wasted there anyway and despite all the love I have for Yoshida and the improvements he made last season he's utter garbage when he plays right back.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Finally someone capable of following the basic laws of the thread. I like it. I've since lost my spreadsheet, but last year I had an Excel file documenting bold mistakes and subsequent bans. It was carnage, but this year seems a lot better.

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

Xabi posted:

Finally someone capable of following the basic laws of the thread. I like it. I've since lost my spreadsheet, but last year I had an Excel file documenting bold mistakes and subsequent bans. It was carnage, but this year seems a lot better.

I'd like to see this file. And if it's an .xlsm well then be still my beating heart

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Xabi posted:

Its not even July yet

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Cech is cool but Arsenals defence is pretty good I thought. They need a good attacking player. Me? I'd have gone for andre schurrle

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I wouldn't bold Cech until he actually turns out in a game for Arsenal, that's how much I am wary of a Mourinho trap: Demba Ba, never forget.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Nigel De Jong signed a 3 year contract extension with Milan. According to Mediaset (owned by Berlusconi) Milan have also struck a deal to buy Bertolacci from Roma for €20m, he just moved to Roma from Genoa this week after his co-ownership deal was resolved.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Nigel De Jong signed a 3 year contract extension with Milan. According to Mediaset (owned by Berlusconi) Milan have also struck a deal to buy Bertolacci from Roma for €20m, he just moved to Roma from Genoa this week after his co-ownership deal was resolved.

Cool and good, though that seems overpriced for Bertolacci.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Villa had a bid for Begovic rejected

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Why would Begovic want to step down a level? Get it together, Tim.

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013

Starsnostars posted:

I hope we buy a second right back when Clyne goes, I don't think McCarthy is ready to step up, Toby is gone and was wasted there anyway and despite all the love I have for Yoshida and the improvements he made last season he's utter garbage when he plays right back.

Much like Edinson Cavani, Southampton have became much looser at the back this summer.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Please sign some players, Ed Woodward. Good ones, preferably.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Machinegunboyo posted:

Cech has agreed terms, Chelsea and the arsenal have agreed a fee, and he's having his medical today

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33282159

Done deal? Not yet. Don't be stupid.

talk me off, im almost there

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
Lil' Jack claims the payet deal is complete and the announcement is 2;30

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Spangly A posted:

That's tapping up, send the kid to jail.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

Frankston posted:

Villa had a bid for Begovic rejected

I seriously don't know why Guzan's getting frozen out for one terrible mistake. How was he besides that? I always got the impression he was a fairly average prem level keeper

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Spangly A posted:

DONE DEAL

http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2015/June/26-June/Dimitri-Payet-signs!

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
What did Payet cost?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

quote:

The outstanding 28-year-old joins the Hammers on a five-year contract, with a further one-year option, for an undisclosed eight-figure fee from French Ligue 1 side Olympique de Marseille.

Big money.

He was the best player of Marseille's attacking 3, all of which they have now sold.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Cityinthesea posted:

I seriously don't know why Guzan's getting frozen out for one terrible mistake. How was he besides that? I always got the impression he was a fairly average prem level keeper

*puts on MLS glasses* He's world clrear end.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

What did Payet cost?

He's not our record signing, so less than £15m.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

What did Payet cost?

West Ham almost never disclose how much they pay for transfers but it's meant to be about £11 million

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Der Shovel posted:

Please sign some players, Ed Woodward. Good ones, preferably.

Our interest in Schneiderlin is firm, according to Sky sources... That's about it on the "possibly credible rumors" front. :whitewater:

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
It's fun to boldly announce done deals before they are done deals. Hell, I did it once and I'm still standing

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Schneiderlin will sign for United

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

PirateBob posted:

Our interest in Schneiderlin is firm, according to Sky sources... That's about it on the "possibly credible rumors" front. :whitewater:

Theyve been reading my posts

Paperhouse posted:

Schneiderlin will sign for United

Youve been reading my posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I dont know about Schneiderlin. On paper hes probably a good signing but I'm just not sure.

• Locked thread