Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mwdan
Feb 7, 2004

Webbed Blobs

Parahexavoctal posted:

Artist is most likely Swedish; note the jars of "Honung" in the Pooh picture.

Gah, looking at this closer to find the "honung' I just noticed that eeyore's hands are backwards :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
The Pogo strip is a wizard at sketching friendships (and their victimizers). (June 26-27, 1957)

Peanuts: Year Three (October 6-8, 1952)

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

mwdan posted:

Gah, looking at this closer to find the "honung' I just noticed that eeyore's hands are backwards :gonk:

Oh, and notice "Sjumilaskogen" on the train station.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

quote:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Guest-starring Thundarr the Barbarian as "the limo-driver"!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

the gently caress

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Parahexavoctal posted:

Apparently dunderhonung is from a Swedish cartoon as well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bamse . And Sjumilaskogen is the Swedish name for the Hundred-Acre-Wood. This poo poo goes deep.

mwdan posted:

It's quite possible to hold a bottle like that, you just have to be really dedicated to emptying it because otherwise you're gonna spill, which all things considered it wouldn't surprise me if that was a thing among Swedish drinkers-in-public-parks.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
So what happens to Walker's daughter when he dies? Does she just have to hang out in the computer cave and hang out with Guran while her brother gets to go violate due process and beat up prisoners for no reason

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Tunicate posted:

Who the hell is Petey Kramer?

Shh, you're interrupting my fantasy that this is going to blow up into Needful Things.

Because yeah, I don't know who/why in the gently caress either; fat granny had a knowing smile when the kid found the card, so she's super rich enough to buy a rare baseball card to surprise her kid with? She's an ex-baseball groupie who's kept trophies from her conquests?

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Have they been talking all night or has Juliette just changed her clothes for this phone call?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

If those things are actually supposed to be alien boobs, then things just got weird.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Parahexavoctal posted:

There's also the T sign for metro (Tunnelbana or something like that in Swedish) Also the metro station's name is something something skog. Skog is forest in Swedish. Probably hundred acre forest.

Edit: beaten. That's what I get for leaving the tab open for so long.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Aardmania posted:

Judge Parker

WHAT is the origin of this major new player in the Judge Parker Universe? Find out this July as Woody Wilson and Mike Manley bring you KING SPEEDY #1!

Join the conversation on Twitter with the hashtag #whatsyourpleasure

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

DoubleDonut posted:

So what happens to Walker's daughter when he dies?

Nothing in particular. Only one heir is required, any spares get to do their own thing.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

Huh. I guess I'd really like to hear the actual backstory here.

Non Sequitur

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Kliban

:stare: I'll bet that hurt.

9 Chickweed Lane 6/26/2004

Zits

Kevin & Kell

:ughh:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

I did not expect to see a joke based around a casual-sex ap in the newspaper strips.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

mwdan posted:

Thanks for noticing... :smith:

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Dick Tracy

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac

I really like this one, you can see Petey's expression on his Dad's face.

Poptropica

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I think Epstein's days on this strip are the worst comic in the thread. The art's worse than Reply All and the writing is worse than Mike du Jour, we just don't notice it as much since it's only one day out of the week.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set isn't gonna clean up someone else's mess.

Working Daze gets political with a "Trump's hair" joke.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix puts us out of our misery.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

RandomFerret posted:

I think Epstein's days on this strip are the worst comic in the thread. The art's worse than Reply All and the writing is worse than Mike du Jour, we just don't notice it as much since it's only one day out of the week.

Epstein is bad, but Gibbons is the WORST.

I mean look at this loving, punchable smugface:

Jesus loving christ. Oops, forgot to tell a joke!!

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and repost this comic of hers that I think slipped under the radar the first time around.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Does he still own the rights to draw the muppets so drat often, or should he be expecting a cease and desist from Disney at some point?

Not that I really favor an increase in the litigiousness of our society, but for this rear end in a top hat I'd make an exception.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Wanamingo posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and repost this comic of hers that I think slipped under the radar the first time around.

If you want proof of a lack of God, it's that this woman can still draw and Richard Thompson cannot.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I really like Ripley's. Sure it's traced, but everyday is just "Hey you, the world is pretty loving awesome, look at this poo poo!"

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (April 27, 1928)

Peanuts (June 28, 1968)

Funky Winkerbean

Sounds like he obeyed the law in this case, but obviously the lame joke doesn't work with the truth.

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (June 1-2, 1927)

Thimble Theater starring Castor Oyl...for now. (January 8-9, 1929)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPVQMZ4ikvM

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Trent posted:

Does he still own the rights to draw the muppets so drat often, or should he be expecting a cease and desist from Disney at some point?

Not that I really favor an increase in the litigiousness of our society, but for this rear end in a top hat I'd make an exception.

He was able to use the names and likenesses of a bunch of DC superheroes and get away with it, even though DC is responsible for this: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dc-reverses-decision-banning-superman-717465 (they only changed their minds after a public outcry) so I think it's safe to say either he has immunity or no one gives a poo poo.

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Yeah, if her strip were six or seven days a week instead of one Gibbons would easily be recognized as one of the worst in here, like not quite Mike-du-Jour levels of bad but almost there. Her and Epstein are awful, Piro and Piccolo are both pretty good, Bannerman's alright and her art can be pretty cute sometimes, I can't even remember the sixth one or any of her strips. If they just dropped Gibbons, Epstein, and what's-her-face and gave Piro, Piccolo and Bannerman two strips a week I'd legit like Six Chix but I guess "Three Chix" doesn't have the same ring to it.

greatn posted:

I really like Ripley's. Sure it's traced, but everyday is just "Hey you, the world is pretty loving awesome, look at this poo poo!"

Yeah, sometimes they post something boring or only kinda half-true but I've learned a lot of neat stuff from it. It's one of the ones I look forward to.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Get back to me when UC Irvine and Australian chemists figure out how to hatch it afterwards.

This doesn't even make any sense. Of course the government will find you, O Peerless Genius, he's sitting right at the same table as you.

Luann

It's like they're making this storyline boring on purpose.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I wish Vic Wells and his new chauffeur luck as they drive the circumference of the Earth.

I am also enjoying the adventures of Castor Oyl and the Incredibly Stupid-looking Bird.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

"In what country other than Australia..?" supposes an answer of one single country. New Guinea is not a country, though - it is an island divided between Indonesia and Papua New Guinea. Tree kangaroos inhabit both parts.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

It's like they're making this storyline boring on purpose.

Doesn't Brad live with TJ so he would know they are buying the warehouse?

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Nenonen posted:

"In what country other than Australia..?" supposes an answer of one single country. New Guinea is not a country, though - it is an island divided between Indonesia and Papua New Guinea. Tree kangaroos inhabit both parts.

It wouldn't really be "Believe It or Not!" if everything they included was always 100% factual. Then it would just be "Believe It!"

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Nevets posted:

It wouldn't really be "Believe It or Not!" if everything they included was always 100% factual. Then it would just be "Believe It!"

So the falsities are the only thing stopping this thing from turning into Newspaper Naruto?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

My favourite System of a Down album is Mesmerize Comix.

Pooch Café

Sweet Danny and Lisa, they take me away from the strangest places.

Ballard Street

It's a non-stop disco. Can you say brainwashing?

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

RandomFerret posted:

Ballard Street

It's a non-stop disco. Can you say brainwashing?

Sometimes I want to live on Ballard Street so much it hurts

STOPIT
Oct 1, 2003

STOP IIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dilbert is just a really nasty, unreadable Adams fetish vehicle at this point. It might as well be Pibgorn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Wanamingo posted:

Andertoons

The Andertoons so nice, we saw it twice!

• Locked thread