Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Really Pants posted:

Do the writers actually call that move a "sonic scream" because that's pretty ridiculous.

LOOK OUT! MY LIGHT VISION TELLS ME THAT HE HAS A BULLET GUN

Yeah man, and where do they get off calling it 'super strength', he's just really strong okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

They usually call it a Canary Cry

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Why is she fighting Venom?

kujeger
Feb 19, 2004

OH YES HA HA

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Yeah man, and where do they get off calling it 'super strength', he's just really strong okay

more akin to "muscular strength"

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I think you mean

FUNCTIONAL STRENGTH

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cabbit posted:

He is allergic to loud sound and she makes loud sounds. Seems like a good matchup to me!

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Cabbit posted:

We need another connection to Spider-Gwen quick put venom in!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Endless Mike posted:

He is allergic to loud sound and she makes loud sounds. Seems like a good matchup to me!

There was a super screamy goth villain that Mac Gargan mutilated and murdered during his Sinister Spider-man run that was pretty clearly based on Black Canary.

That comic was pretty funny but it made me vaguely uncomfortable to have a monster mangling and killing a young girl and getting away with it played off as a joke.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Casandra Nova tried to convince Storm to turn her back on the X-Men and join Casandra's side. She did this by trapping Storm in a claustrophobic space. This is Storm's answer.

X-Men '92 #3

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Storm is basically female Thor, minus the hammer.
And of course, that story line has been done.

Wahboom Bada Boom!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Say Nothing posted:

Wahboom Bada Boom!

Has there been a decent Storm/Thor team-up? Like a 4 issue mini or something?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Uthor posted:

Casandra Nova tried to convince Storm to turn her back on the X-Men and join Casandra's side. She did this by trapping Storm in a claustrophobic space. This is Storm's answer.

X-Men '92 #3

This happened every other episode of the 90's cartoon.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
To be fair, it was the 90's. It was hard to keep we kids' attention spans otherwise.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Does Storm talk like that all the time in this comic? I might need to check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fz93UFClpo

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Say Nothing posted:

Wahboom Bada Boom!

Picture is ruined be her barely-existing waist.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Grendels Dad posted:

Picture is ruined be her barely-existing waist.

Whosoever holds this hammer shall possess the power of THOR...'s antique egg timer.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfmqSOr2-NY&t=396s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL3_VWmFEcU

Storm rules, 90s X-men cartoon rules, X-men Evolution is a forgotten aberration.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Say Nothing posted:

Wahboom Bada Boom!

You know what I think when seeing that design? How awful it would be if someone decided she needed bare legs and the black part on the torso wouldn't be improved by becoming sparse lacing to show off her tits.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

Gaz-L posted:

You know what I think when seeing that design? How awful it would be if someone decided she needed bare legs and the black part on the torso wouldn't be improved by becoming sparse lacing to show off her tits.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Say Nothing posted:

Wahboom Bada Boom!

This is awesome. Who's the artist/where's this from?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Uthor posted:

This is awesome. Who's the artist/where's this from?

Without looking it up, I want to say Art Adams.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

EXECUTIVE POWER

Dr. McNinja

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Uthor posted:

X-Men '92 #3

I saw the lightning in her mouth and that got me wondering (though it's probably been answered a million times), is Storm flat out immune to stuff like electricity and temperature changes as a side effect of her mutation? If so, does that apply to other mutants as well or is it a case-by-case sort of thing?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Mouth lightning? :stonk:

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

AnonSpore posted:

I saw the lightning in her mouth and that got me wondering (though it's probably been answered a million times), is Storm flat out immune to stuff like electricity and temperature changes as a side effect of her mutation? If so, does that apply to other mutants as well or is it a case-by-case sort of thing?

I'm not sure about electricity but she has been shown many times to be immune to extreme heat and cold.

↓↓↓ I think that recently her body adapts by rising/dropping its temperature in opposite of whatever's happening to her. I guess Iceman could freeze her for a bit? ↓↓↓

Hulk Smash! fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jun 26, 2015

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

AnonSpore posted:

Her control allows to her to redirect lightning around herself to a limited extent and shape the weather most immediate to her skin, but another person with control powers can then direct effects at her that she can't necessarily stop. I'm pretty sure Iceman can freeze her directly before she can make it super hot out.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

prefect posted:

Without looking it up, I want to say Art Adams.

I feel like that's Walt Simonson?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Travis343 posted:

I feel like that's Walt Simonson?
It's Adams.
http://marvel.wikia.com/Uncanny_X-Men_Annual_Vol_1_1985

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

AnonSpore posted:

Originally they probably drew a 90's spittle-line and were told they're not allowed to do that anymore.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Most mutants are just omega level reality warpers with inferiority complexes who think they can only do one thing. Their powers work exactly how they think they should, and their strength is inversely proportional to how much time they spent in a school system that actually teaches science before getting indoctrinated into Xavier's paramilitary academy.

Magneto could probably manipulate plastic if you painted it chrome and told him it was steel.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Avulsion posted:

Most mutants are just omega level reality warpers with inferiority complexes who think they can only do one thing. Their powers work exactly how they think they should, and their strength is inversely proportional to how much time they spent in a school system that actually teaches science before getting indoctrinated into Xavier's paramilitary academy.

Magneto could probably manipulate plastic if you painted it chrome and told him it was steel.

Then how about all the times that Magneto tried to steal a gun away from someone pointing it at him, only to find that it was a plastic gun?

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

IUG posted:

Then how about all the times that Magneto tried to steal a gun away from someone pointing it at him, only to find that it was a plastic gun?

That was a Xorn clone possessed by an alternate dimension Cassandra Nova.

Also, was the gun painted chrome?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Avulsion posted:

That was a Xorn clone possessed by an alternate dimension Cassandra Nova.

Also, was the gun painted chrome?

Yes.

https://youtu.be/NEUlhsBbzuM?t=170

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I love how that shatters his confidence so much that he doesn't notice he's now surrounded by a ton of metal and his powers still work.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Skwirl posted:

I love how that shatters his confidence so much that he doesn't notice he's now surrounded by a ton of metal and his powers still work.

Magneto did a lot of drugs back in the day.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Ladies and gents, the version of this outfit that made it into a crossover event in TYOOL 2015. (This is how she looks in Thors)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfmqSOr2-NY&t=396s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL3_VWmFEcU

Storm rules, 90s X-men cartoon rules, X-men Evolution is a forgotten aberration.

I like how Scott has to press so many buttons to do that.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

muscles like this? posted:

I like how Scott has to press so many buttons to do that.

Two buttons for 'summon monorail to my location' and a belt buckle touch for 'open manhole'? If anything, I'd say too few.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

Gaz-L posted:

Ladies and gents, the version of this outfit that made it into a crossover event in TYOOL 2015. (This is how she looks in Thors)

Y-you're right... :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois
Ma Kent putting Supes in his place: