Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

cram me sideways posted:

I need to hurry up and beat this loving game; you guys are getting lax on the spoilers.

seriously drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

The Batmobile can literally drive through trees, concrete pillars and street lights I cant understand how people are having trouble chasing after Firefly or APCs.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
The texture issues in the PC version border on absurd from time to time. I was zipping around the city (grapple boost from the start rocks) and I landed in front of a couple billboards that were completely pixelated, like textures out of the original Half Life or something. It took nearly 10 seconds for the actual textures to load in while I was staring at them, enough time for me to call my wife in from the other room, say "look at this poo poo" and laugh about it. I'm installed to an SSD so I have no idea what could be causing it.

I really hope the PC fixes aren't months out, but I think I'm going to put it down til they are done. It seems like a great and fun game but I want to get the full experience when I play it.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

What's with the Riddler trophies that are locked with 8 numbers written next to them in Ridder's scrawl? I can't find any hint of what to do

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Kin posted:

"He has a car, call's it the Batmobile lol. It's a loving stupid name isn't it!"

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Hashy posted:

What's with the Riddler trophies that are locked with 8 numbers written next to them in Ridder's scrawl? I can't find any hint of what to do

They're map co-ordinates for a timer switch.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Made the switch from PC to PS4. The visual diffrence is staggering.

Aparently AA on the PC version eleminates a lot of lighting effects too. So the entire city had color I hadn't seen prior to playing on PS4.

This is a really good batman videogame.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Aishan posted:

They're map co-ordinates for a timer switch.
I just saw one before I put it up for the night and I spent way too long trying to decipher if it was upside down l33t speak or something internet warrior Riddler would use.

Also, killing AA is definitely a good idea as during gameplay it's not really noticeable that it's off and everything is so much more colorful. I still miss my gd ambient occlusion :argh:

edit:
These tweaks to the ini file seem to have helped quite a lot of people acc. to Reddit and NeoGAF.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jun 26, 2015

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Funky Valentine posted:

Why are people so bad at driving lol. It's actually hard to lose your tail on Firefly.

I never had any issues following Firefly. Except when this happened...

The Batmobile would go forward, but I couldn't turn or use the afterburner. Then it started bugging me to flip it over even though it was on all four tires. I tried to get out and get back in, but I fell right through the ground. At least it didn't autosave with me down there. :downs:

Firefly was still way easier than Arkham Knights troop transport dudes, which still weren't that bad. If they gave me 100 more missions to chase after dudes in the Batmobile, I'd be happy.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pwnstar posted:

The Batmobile can literally drive through trees, concrete pillars and street lights I cant understand how people are having trouble chasing after Firefly or APCs.

The APCs are annoying because sometimes they just rocket ahead and no matter how well I drive or how much afterburner I use, I can't catch up.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

redbackground posted:

I just saw one before I put it up for the night and I spent way too long trying to decipher if it was upside down l33t speak or something internet warrior Riddler would use.

Also, killing AA is definitely a good idea as during gameplay it's not really noticeable that it's off and everything is so much more colorful. I still miss my gd ambient occlusion :argh:

edit:
These tweaks to the ini file seem to have helped quite a lot of people acc. to Reddit and NeoGAF.

They didnt help me.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

net cafe scandal posted:

They didnt help me.
Yeah, these are always a crapshoot.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

The APCs are annoying because sometimes they just rocket ahead and no matter how well I drive or how much afterburner I use, I can't catch up.

You don't have to directly follow them. You can take shortcuts. A lot of the times APCs go into loops and you can just exploit that to catch them easier.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

redbackground posted:

Yeah, these are always a crapshoot.

I thank you anyway.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

ImpAtom posted:

You don't have to directly follow them. You can take shortcuts. A lot of the times APCs go into loops and you can just exploit that to catch them easier.

Yeah, if you can get in front and ram them even better. It's like 3x+ more damage than a missile shot for whatever reason.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Saint Freak posted:

Yeah, if you can get in front and ram them even better. It's like 3x+ more damage than a missile shot for whatever reason.

I did the first AR challenge with the APCs and I ended up ramming one into two more and destroying all three. The batmobile makes a better battering ram than a tank.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an1i8KQokCQ

Red Hood Free Roam mod, man it sucks a ton that he's locked on the 10 minute DLC

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Red Hood Free Roam mod, man it sucks a ton that he's locked on the 10 minute DLC

I think it would be nice for the game to provide the ability to just free roam play as all the characters. I mean this game is pretty much a big sand box for punching mooks in faces anyway.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

redbackground posted:

edit:

The tweaks definitely made the textures stream more consistently on my machine, but still not perfect. Definitely more stuttering now too.

E: I skipped over the texture quality improvements, because I'm not swimming in untapped GPU potential.

E2: For anyone who didn't notice it was an option (like me) you should really turn on borderless window instead of full screen. Why is full screen even an option in the year 2015? Ridiculous.

Mogomra fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jun 26, 2015

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The riddle in the clocktower is pissing me off. It's something empty that reminds Barbara of what she's lost, but I've photographed everything and there's no like, discarded rollerskates or a batpogostick or anything like that

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Calaveron posted:

The riddle in the clocktower is pissing me off. It's something empty that reminds Barbara of what she's lost, but I've photographed everything and there's no like, discarded rollerskates or a batpogostick or anything like that

Activate the computer and look for a hackable panel.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running

Calaveron posted:

There's a hackable control panel that opens a closet containing the Batgirl suit, scan that.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Levantine posted:

The texture issues in the PC version border on absurd from time to time. I was zipping around the city (grapple boost from the start rocks) and I landed in front of a couple billboards that were completely pixelated, like textures out of the original Half Life or something. It took nearly 10 seconds for the actual textures to load in while I was staring at them, enough time for me to call my wife in from the other room, say "look at this poo poo" and laugh about it. I'm installed to an SSD so I have no idea what could be causing it.

I really hope the PC fixes aren't months out, but I think I'm going to put it down til they are done. It seems like a great and fun game but I want to get the full experience when I play it.

This week is a bad week to be a Confederate-flag-loving homophobe who hates Obamacare and wanted to play Batman: Arkham Knight on PC.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

10 minutes is generous. Red Hood was so fun to play as to be limited to more like 5 minutes.

Also, a record should be set straight. You can see the "true" ending without getting all the Riddler stuff. It just measures how many Most Wanted missions you've completed. I was prompted to do it before I'd taken down Riddler. So as long as you do everything else, you aren't obligated to do Riddler. Enough with the hate on Rocksteady for the misconception that they gated an ending behind Riddler.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

SonicRulez posted:

10 minutes is generous. Red Hood was so fun to play as to be limited to more like 5 minutes.

Also, a record should be set straight. You can see the "true" ending without getting all the Riddler stuff. It just measures how many Most Wanted missions you've completed. I was prompted to do it before I'd taken down Riddler. So as long as you do everything else, you aren't obligated to do Riddler. Enough with the hate on Rocksteady for the misconception that they gated an ending behind Riddler.

That's still not the "full" ending, supposedly there is more to it but I'm trying to avoid spoiling myself on it. I activated knightfall protocol with everything but riddler done and I got the cutscene and credits, but it dropped me back into the map after and said to bring in riddler to activate the full knightfall protocol. I plan on clearing out the riddler stuff this weekend.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Medium Cool posted:

That's still not the "full" ending, supposedly there is more to it but I'm trying to avoid spoiling myself on it. I activated knightfall protocol with everything but riddler done and I got the cutscene and credits, but it dropped me back into the map after and said to bring in riddler to activate the full knightfall protocol. I plan on clearing out the riddler stuff this weekend.

What. Okay, so what was in your cutscene? Put it in spoilers. Cause all I got was a cutscene and credits too. And a picture of the guys who worked on it saying "Thanks."

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

SonicRulez posted:

What. Okay, so what was in your cutscene? Put it in spoilers. Cause all I got was a cutscene and credits too. And a picture of the guys who worked on it saying "Thanks."

MASSIVE END GAME SPOILER HERE

Bruce flies the batwing to the mansion which is surrounded by press, he enters the mansion and it explodes. That's about it, it cut to credits after that. I'm assuming he was faking his death and the full cut scene expands on what happens after that.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Oh wow. That's kinda pointless.

It's like I'm playing NG+, but I don't really have any reason to. I just like this game so much and don't feel like I've gotten a fill yet. When does the monthly DLC start? Also, something that's been bugging me: One of the cops in GCPD is highlighted green like he's a Riddler informant. Is that a clever Easter egg to remind you there are dirty cops or can I do something with that?

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

SonicRulez posted:

Oh wow. That's kinda pointless.

It's like I'm playing NG+, but I don't really have any reason to. I just like this game so much and don't feel like I've gotten a fill yet. When does the monthly DLC start? Also, something that's been bugging me: One of the cops in GCPD is highlighted green like he's a Riddler informant. Is that a clever Easter egg to remind you there are dirty cops or can I do something with that?

There's no prompt, just hit the counter button standing next to him and you'll interrogate him.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Is anyone else having the same problem as me? I can't get that Tower Defense challenge to unlock no matter how many critical beat downs I do.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Medium Cool posted:

Bruce flies the batwing to the mansion which is surrounded by press, he enters the mansion and it explodes. That's about it, it cut to credits after that. I'm assuming he was faking his death and the full cut scene expands on what happens after that.

There's another version after that once you 100% everything. Which is super loving weird.

Spoilers obviously.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikF8FBodSUc

Heir to the Demon? Maybe?Damien Wayne upcoming... gently caress knows.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Medium Cool posted:

Huh? I 100% everything besides the Riddler Trophies and didn't get any of that, just Bats saying to activate Nightfall protocol and then saying that he had to finish cleaning up Riddler's poo poo. I played on PS4.

I thought the game was great, I really enjoyed the Tank combat (thought it didn't really feel "Batman"... but whatever, I kinda want a full game of it now). I'll agree that the Batmobile handling was kinda rear end, I had to redo one Firefly mission three times because I kept losing him due to dumpsters. The combat mechanics gave me a bit of trouble compared to the previous games, for some reason I was basically unable to build the combo meter up at all through regular combat, which is strange (had no problem with M&K for AA and wireless 360 for AC). Could be that my DS4 is busted.

Also this is pretty much the only game where jump scares actually worked on me. The Joker, Batman appearing when you thought he was dead, Man-Bat, Joker posing as Man-Bat, and finally the Batman statue... all very well done, and a couple of those were legitimately terrifying. Also (Ending spoilers)I thought the "Kill Joker" prompt was brilliant. I had just spent 5 minutes mashing buttons like a maniac (I wanted to see what happened if I fought off the Joker mob for an extended period of time) so when a new prompt showed up I just mashed the button without even reading it... only to realize "Oh poo poo, I'm Batman, I just killed a dude". The game did a very good job of putting you in Batman's mindset, right down to being in denial that Arkham Knight is Jason Todd

Also ending: Was it possible to proceed through Joker's section without gunning down the Batenemies in the hallway? At the time I didn't even try because, y'know, Joker. Though I did spare the woman Riddler was holding hostage by headshotting him.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jun 26, 2015

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Medium Cool posted:

There's no prompt, just hit the counter button standing next to him and you'll interrogate him.

Thanks. That was awesome. Still at 99% lock up which bothers the poo poo out of me. Any clues on the big Easter Egg yet? Like the secret room in Asylum or Scarecrow's boat.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

lelandjs posted:

Also this is pretty much the only game where jump scares actually worked on me. The Joker, Batman appearing when you thought he was dead, Man-Bat, Joker posing as Man-Bat, and finally the Batman statue... all very well done, and a couple of those were legitimately terrifying. Also (Ending spoilers)I thought the "Kill Joker" prompt was brilliant. I had just spent 5 minutes mashing buttons like a maniac (I wanted to see what happened if I fought off the Joker mob for an extended period of time) so when a new prompt showed up I just mashed the button without even reading it... only to realize "Oh poo poo, I'm Batman, I just killed a dude".

I am getting very, very curious about what happens if you refuse to complete that QTE.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Discendo Vox posted:

I am getting very, very curious about what happens if you refuse to complete that QTE.

I waited there for like 5 minutes, and nothing really ever happened. There were a lot of parts in the game where the game gives you the illusion of choice.

Like the part where you throw Tim Drake in the cell. I kept putting myself back in the cell and Joker keeps letting you out and by the 3rd or 4th time, the game automatically does it for you.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running

SonicRulez posted:

Thanks. That was awesome. Still at 99% lock up which bothers the poo poo out of me. Any clues on the big Easter Egg yet? Like the secret room in Asylum or Scarecrow's boat.

If you make Azrael not attempt to kill the bat he'll just bugger off and not go to the lockup meaning you can't get a full prison.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
It has now been 4.5 days of Batmanning on PS4 and the Leaderboards/online have not worked once.
"a connection to Playstation Network cannot be Established. Gameplay will continue without Leaderboard access until a connection is made."

Lame.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Feenix posted:

It has now been 4.5 days of Batmanning on PS4 and the Leaderboards/online have not worked once.
"a connection to Playstation Network cannot be Established. Gameplay will continue without Leaderboard access until a connection is made."

Lame.

I hope this gets fixed soon, I want to see where I rank on these challenge maps. I got something like 20 rival points on the azrael challenge map.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Some dumb idiot posted:

If you make Azrael not attempt to kill the bat he'll just bugger off and not go to the lockup meaning you can't get a full prison.

I actually spoke too soon. Locking up the cop did it for me, I just had to fully leave the room and come back to reload it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Some dumb idiot posted:

This still seems like the right choice to me. Unless there's an achievement tied to it, in which case that's a stupid oversight.

• Locked thread