Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Dapper Dan posted:

As was stated many times in Hellthread, GG is Luigi in Mario Party standing still, doing absolutely nothing while the opponents win the game for him. And also, I have no loving idea how anyone trusts Polygon in the least after that Rock Band debacle where the guy basically admitted to not doing his job and basically telling his editor to go gently caress himself (polygon editors lol).

Hey if you count Brienne Wu as anti you need to still count Saggon and the Kain cosplayer guy as GG. Luigi jumps off the stage on his own plenty of times. It's more like two children closing their eyes and punching at eachother but coming nowhere close to hitting. Then they both end up hurting their arms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

I said come in! posted:

All female characters need to be fully clothed and can't show any skin what so ever or it's sexist as gently caress and oppressive to women all over the world.

It is when every single female character is pretty explicitly designed to be j/o material.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
theres a wide variety of highly empowering fetishes you can chose from, in your titty-lady fighter games

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Spinning Robo posted:

Could any game character in any game actually be empowering, if any choice of design or personality can be waved away with "well it's not the character deciding that"?

Yes, but not in the ways people usually present them as empowering. Or you can make characters that the player has a lot of role in designing and giving personality, which can be empowering in that way.

I said come in! posted:

Except by your own argument earlier, this isn't valid because it's a fictional character. So according to you it only applies to male characters?

Don't use words like "argument" when you're plainly too stupid to know what they mean. Also, that's not what I argued. In fact, these are facets of the same argument, but it is as beyond you as geometry is beyond a gecko.

Shadoer posted:

Yes because it's way better to just make up poo poo about history to make us feel better?

Actually, there were black people in Europe in the Middle Ages, so saying that there absolutely were none in Bohemia at any point is an example of racism or ignorance. But beyond the factual level, the emphasis on historical accuracy when it comes to making all-white environments, sexist environments, etc. is plainly a consequence of bigotry.

Also, calling the Turkish-made video game "Mount and Blade" "making poo poo up about history to make us feel better" because it has black NPCs in its thinly-veiled fantasy medieval Europe is grotesque.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015

Terrible Opinions posted:

Hey if you count Brienne Wu as anti you need to still count Saggon and the Kain cosplayer guy as GG. Luigi jumps off the stage on his own plenty of times. It's more like two children closing their eyes and punching at eachother but coming nowhere close to hitting. Then they both end up hurting their arms.

Yeah, I'd have to agree that both sides have more own goals than regular goals.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Meme Emulator posted:

Thank goodness they are, and that Capcom sells character packs, because I enjoy dressing up women with no agency into whatever outfits I desire as if they were my own personal dollies.

They're not real women. They're only polygons.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Remember kids, sex is bad and only men enjoy the female form.

Archer666 posted:

They're not real women. They're only polygons.

neither are the men, neither are anything.

Yet people still claim how this and that is about what agenda.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Sinnlos posted:

Yeah Ryu, Ken, M Bison, Sub Zero, Solid Snake, Poison, ect. aren't sexualized at all you're right.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
Body sliders are the way of the future for gaming diversity.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sinnlos posted:

It is when every single female character is pretty explicitly designed to be j/o material.

Except it's not every single female character, actually it's none at all. Clothing choices doesn't equal jack off material. If you're drawing that conclusion that is entirely on you.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Bholder posted:

Nobody is going to come to your house and delete your spank bank of Mai Shiranui hentee, and nobody would take "Chun-Li has enormous boobs and gigantic thighs to appeal to lesbians" seriously if it weren't a way to justify the male gaze.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

I said come in! posted:

Except it's not every single female character, actually it's none at all. Clothing choices doesn't equal jack off material. If you're drawing that conclusion that is entirely on you.

I think we're traipsing back into "character deaths making sex sounds" territory...

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

Bholder posted:

Oh, street fighter's character designs were done by a woman rather than a dude projecting his fetishes and power fantasies?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Nice. gently caress you.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Sinnlos posted:

Oh, street fighter's character designs were done by a woman rather than a dude projecting his fetishes and power fantasies?

Everything humans have ever done was motivated by desire for sex or fear of death.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sinnlos posted:

There are female artists that have worked on the Street Fighter games, same for Bayonetta.

Zombiejack
Jan 16, 2006
Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
Mostly I just hate moviebob.

Also the moment you realize to can build a viking rape harem in crusader kings 2 and nobody gave a poo poo, social commentary on games becomes a farce.

EDIT-also pretty much all the death threats are fake and give the Trolls what they want.

Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007

Effectronica posted:

Yes, but not in the ways people usually present them as empowering. Or you can make characters that the player has a lot of role in designing and giving personality, which can be empowering in that way.

If I make a woman character in saints row 4 who does nothing but run down the street naked, is that empowering? How is it different from Bayonetta other than that I, personally, said it's empowering?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Effectronica posted:

Don't use words like "argument" when you're plainly too stupid to know what they mean. Also, that's not what I argued. In fact, these are facets of the same argument, but it is as beyond you as geometry is beyond a gecko.

You said no fictional characters have agency, you said no diversity can exist among fictional characters because they are made by the artist. You can't say your argument applies to male characters and then decide to have it not apply to female characters as well.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Sinnlos posted:

Does it matter?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Zombiejack posted:

Mostly I just hate moviebob.

Also the moment you realize to can build a viking rape harem in crusader kings 2 and nobody gave a poo poo, social commentary on games becomes a farce.

EDIT-also pretty much all the death threats are fake and give the Trolls what they want.

why is that?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bholder posted:

Does it matter?

It doesn't. Posters like Effectronica trying to argue artist intent have no idea what they are talking about.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

somehow this thread is moving faster than anything concerning SCOTUS

that's the power of Gamergate

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Clothing choices doesn't equal jack off material. If you're drawing that conclusion that is entirely on you.

its not a sex thing that this fighters outfit has her boobs hanging out all over the place. its a conscious choice she, as a pixel person who i invented, made.

hwordhan
Sep 27, 2012

Ask me about the taste of a video game character's breast milk!
:munch: GG always delivers.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

I said come in! posted:

There are female artists that have worked on the Street Fighter games, same for Bayonetta.

Amazing, this ability to consistently hire only lesbian and bisexual women (and women who appreciate women's butts "artistically") to design these characters, and this apparent universal love for fighting games among QUILTBAG women.

Spinning Robo posted:

If I make a woman character in saints row 4 who does nothing but run down the street naked, is that empowering? How is it different from Bayonetta other than that I, personally, said it's empowering?

It's empowering if you find it empowering, so it's not empowering at all because you made it up to make a dumbass remark. Because the sorts of things people claim Bayonetta supports are things that are a matter of people's choices and decisions, which SR4 supports in a way that Bayonetta does not.

I said come in! posted:

You said no fictional characters have agency, you said no diversity can exist among fictional characters because they are made by the artist. You can't say your argument applies to male characters and then decide to have it not apply to female characters as well.

I didn't say any of those things, and if this is the level of delusion hellthreaders operate under, it may be the case that only kicking the bucket will prove an effective treatment for their insanity.

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
So why do these critics want to alter the design and creative choices other people make that they don't like, rather then promoting or funding games that are being made they do like? This entire thing is trying to shame people for enjoying things a small subset of left wing puritans don't approve of and trying to coerce developers to bend to the sensibilities of a loud minority, over the heads of people who like things as they are.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

hwordhan posted:

:munch: GG always delivers.

:tipshat:

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Totalizator posted:

So why do these critics want to alter the design and creative choices other people make that they don't like, rather then promoting or funding games that are being made they do like? This entire thing is trying to shame people for enjoying things a small subset of left wing puritans don't approve of and trying to coerce developers to bend to the sensibilities of a loud minority, over the heads of people who like things as they are.

Probably because sexism exists because we create it continuously, and eliminating it will mean stopping the creation of it, and because you have a huge persecution complex that only a little lead pill or fifty will cure.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Effectronica posted:

I didn't say any of those things, and if this is the level of delusion hellthreaders operate under, it may be the case that only kicking the bucket will prove an effective treatment for their insanity.

"I'm a literal child that can't accept different views of the world." How does it feel to be an adult that hasn't progressed beyond the age of 16?

Zombiejack
Jan 16, 2006
Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.

Everything he says is poo poo and he's loving annoying

Because Batman punching crimminals in the face is no where near as bad as building a rape harem.

Trolls love attention.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

I said come in! posted:

"I'm a literal child that can't accept different views of the world."

And now you're arguing that treating mental disorders is childish! Will you stop yourself before you start talking about how the Jew is a pestilence on humanity?

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Effectronica posted:

Probably because sexism exists because we create it continuously, and eliminating it will mean stopping the creation of it, and because you have a huge persecution complex that only a little lead pill or fifty will cure.

I assure you those critics are very sexist, in the traditional sense of the word.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Effectronica posted:

No, it doesn't loving work that way, but thanks for trying.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Effectronica posted:

And now you're arguing that treating mental disorders is childish! Will you stop yourself before you start talking about how the Jew is a pestilence on humanity?

At least we got it out of the way that you have a mental disorder.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

I said come in! posted:

At least we got it out of the way that you have a mental disorder.

says the dude with up-to-the-minute feeds on the activities of marginal gamergate people of note

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Totalizator posted:

Promoting and funding games is too much effort. Surprisingly, the games they claim to support end up selling terribly and the studios often go extinct. Then the studio devs gleefully take to social media to spit on the audience they were supposed to be catering, for reasons that escape most people.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Totalizator posted:

I assure you those critics are very sexist, in the traditional sense of the word.

I assure you that your conservatism will be swallowed up by the fundamental power of chaos and repurposed into something new. I assure you that nobody said the thing that you talked about in this thread, and probably not ever anywhere. I assure you that the LORD your God is descending with the lightning of his terrible swift sword.

Bholder posted:

No, it doesn't loving work that way, but thanks for trying.

You're supposed to meet effort with effort in this forum. Just saying words to the vague effect of "sexism exists independently of any person, because it's magic" is not enough.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Zombiejack posted:

Everything he says is poo poo and he's loving annoying

Because Batman punching crimminals in the face is no where near as bad as building a rape harem.

Trolls love attention.

I ment the bob part and i agree. Bob Is lonely sad man who wrote long meadering book about how the reveal of one of super Mario games was his generational defining moment. He hates all fps games even games that are just first person and not shooters because its for dudebros and jocks.

https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/329260668542939136
here is josh esrb rant. i goes on for several posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

paranoid randroid posted:

says the dude with up-to-the-minute feeds on the activities of marginal gamergate people of note

I missed this kind of back-and-forth. Even Tezzor gets boring after the wrestling jokes subside.

• Locked thread