Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

What goes around, comes around:

Tai Yasui posted:

“Honestly, a lot of the developers, me included, are also sometimes confused,” he laughs. “Nomura has all this stuff in his head and sometimes doesn’t tell us. He keeps it secret. So there’s a lot of stuff he says in interviews that surprises us. I think he wants to shock us as well as fans, but a lot of it is hidden from us too!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/12/the-trials-and-tribulations-behind-kingdom-hearts-3

I'm sure they'll be fine. It's not like the company has been plagued by mismanagement, miscommunication, and poor project planning for years.

Sakurazuka posted:

It's gonna be like 2018 before anything they mentioned at E3 is out.

The Eidos stuff should come out within our lifetimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

Mega64 posted:

The Final Fantasy worst at being a Final Fantasy is the original Final Fantasy.

How quickly we forget Mystic Quest.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
As long as they keep the FFXIV team intact and healthy I am fine with whatever other organizational dysfunction they come up with.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Sunning posted:

The Eidos stuff should come out within our lifetimes.
Eidos seems to be blowing their load all at once. Tomb Raider, Hitman, and Just Cause are all coming out this fall with the latter two releasing within a week of each other. Deus Ex is supposed to be out in 2016. That's going to put all of the major western franchises in hibernation for awhile. Hopefully Japan will step up or they'll have quite the dead zone of releases.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Moxie posted:

I tried FFX but I was pretty sure the protagonist was dead or dreaming and lost interest after blitzball.

The actual twist is infinitely dumber than this.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

cock hero flux posted:

The actual twist is infinitely dumber than this.

He actually nailed it right on the head?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Tortolia posted:

As long as they keep the FFXIV team intact and healthy I am fine with whatever other organizational dysfunction they come up with.

Yoshi-P gets ousted and replaced by Min Kim.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Vegnagun being a giant robot powered by a church organ on his head is up there for dumbest FF thing, I reckon.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

LadyPictureShow posted:

I might be misremembering, but wasn't there a hunt for an invisible chocobo or something? Or you couldn't see it some of the time because it was a white one in a snowy area?
Yep, I just accepted the hunt for that (gonna wait to do it though) because I completely forgot about Montblac.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

In Training posted:

He actually nailed it right on the head?

Tidus is a dream made by dead people who became corporeal because reasons.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Pyreflies are the nanobots of ffx

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

"Is Tidus dead or is this all a dream?"

"Yes."

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Haahaha, what a story.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

dragon_pamcake posted:

How can anyone forget the best soundtrack out of all the FF games?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

Tidus is a dream made by dead people who became corporeal because reasons.

But he's also a dream who did have a coherent existence and had real dream-family issues with his real dream-dad

Tidus is basically the subject of a 'brain in a jar' scenario taken into the real world

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Tidus is an Aeon, which is why you can rename him.

Reacean
Nov 29, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

How can anyone forget the best soundtrack out of all the FF games?

I don't recall 'Battle on the Big Bridge' amongst the Mystic Quest Soundtrack.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

CeallaSo posted:

Play it on the GBA as well if you don't mind tinnier music and slightly washed out colors.

There are restoration patches for both the original colors and the music, fortunately.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

every game is the best game in the series btw

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Clarste posted:

I can't remember anything about FF12 because whenever I try to play it, or watch someone else play it, it puts me to sleep. Literally. I cannot stay awake long enough to pay attention to what's going on. It's incredibly good at that though.

gently caress I'm always late. Do not play the american release of FF12, go find some copy of the FF12 Zodiac job system release that is translated. The job system makes the game so much better because every character has to choose a different job. Casters are actually good, samurai can hit for like a million damage, you can debuff bosses.

In turn it kinda trivalizes the entire game but it makes the combat way more interesting. They added a crazy challenge mode to the game with 100 floors for the hard combat.

Vaan easily talks less then Basch in the game. There's no way Vaan was ever made to be the main character, his lines include "Yeaa" and "We can do it" while everyone else talks about war and politics.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jun 26, 2015

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Tenzarin posted:

gently caress I'm always late. Do not play the american release of FF12, go find some copy of the FF12 Zodiac job system release that is translated. The job system makes the game so much better because every character has to choose a different job. Casters are actually good, samurai can hit for like a million damage, you can debuff bosses.

In turn it kinda trivalizes the entire game but it makes the combat way more interesting. They added a crazy challenge mode to the game with 100 floors for the hard combat.

It also added a type of New Game+ for the main game where you can never level up, once you beat that challenge mode.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Raxivace posted:

I can't believe this didn't occur to me before. That's also why he can undie, because he's just a dumb ghost made of magic farts.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

FFXII Turbo Zodiac HD Remix should definitely happen some day, wait for that so you can get the trophies

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

CeallaSo posted:

I can't believe this didn't occur to me before. That's also why he can undie, because he's just a dumb ghost made of magic farts.

He also dies and goes to fart heaven with his fart dad and real dead Auron, because *farts*

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Help Im Alive posted:

FFXII Turbo Zodiac HD Remix should definitely happen some day, wait for that so you can get the trophies

The turbo option really makes any grinding in ff12 bearable also. 4 hour fights turn into 3 mins.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Too bad we're never getting a HD release of that version of FFXII.

I don't have a computer powerful enough to run a PS2 emulator :(

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Armitage posted:

Too bad we're never getting a HD release of that version of FFXII.

I don't have a computer powerful enough to run a PS2 emulator :(

The original resolution of FF12 is 512x448.

What kind of computer do you have?, that you should not use to do anything illegal because we the goons never do illegal things and it is bad and wrong to ever say to do illegal things.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Tenzarin posted:

The original resolution of FF12 is 512x448.

What kind of computer do you have?, that you should not use to do anything illegal because we the goons never do illegal things and it is bad and wrong to ever say to do illegal things.

The game is more CPU bound than anything but I'd have thought anything Sandy Bridge onwards would be more than enough to handle PS2 emulation and probably even Wii emulation.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

dragon_pamcake posted:

But Mystic Quest was good (unlike LR) and had amazing music.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Raxivace posted:

when you briefly get to play as vanille before everyone else gets magic, she already has 3ap, the amount they all get once they turn into l'cie

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Raxivace posted:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Which is better at time travel, Final Fantasy Legend 3's Talon or Chrono Trigger's Epoch?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Tenzarin posted:

Which is better at time travel, Final Fantasy Legend 3's Talon or Chrono Trigger's Epoch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zICpWwRU6I

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Dear Final Fantasy thread, last night I went to Artnia and it was pretty cool. Desserts 7/10, that luxurious display room was super cool, and I picked up the Romancing SaGa 3 soundtrack. Maybe Final Fantasy.... is good!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

The White Dragon posted:

Dear Final Fantasy thread, last night I went to Artnia and it was pretty cool. Desserts 7/10, that luxurious display room was super cool, and I picked up the Romancing SaGa 3 soundtrack. Maybe Final Fantasy.... is good!

Fungah! posted:

every game is the best game in the series btw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

we need a new thread dedicated to positivity about this very good game series

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
So...after a long time dodging it, Lightning has finally 'Returned' to my PS3 :allears:
Anything I should look out for while I'm still tutorialing?

And is it me, or was 13-2 filler horseshit? Like the 'Garlic Jr Saga' of the Fabula Nova Crystallis series.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

we need a new thread dedicated to positivity about this very good game series

There was a few pages where everyone admitted they liked Final Fantasy after posting about it for 1200 pages, but the they went back to making bad self-deprecating jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think literally every final fantasy game is worthwhile and fun except for FF3DS.