Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

achillesforever6 posted:

I usually agree with Anita says except for what she thought about Mad Max Fury Road where she was reaching about her criticisms about it. Because a movie set in the post apocalyptic raider filled wasteland is going to be violent no matter what you do.

Or was that the other guy who was using her account as a shield to say his dumb opinions.

Fury Road wasn't even that violent. I didn't understand its R-Rating, I guess one specific death near the end is what pushed it into its R rating. But like, people fell out of fast moving vehicles and survived with no injuries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Terrible Opinions posted:

All of the Mad Max and anti-violence stuff is direct quotes from McIntosh's twitter. So I'm going to blame him. Though I have a pre-existing bias of thinking Anita's videos are mostly right but boring, while thinking that McIntosh is human garbage who should be forced to live in a poor house.

Motherfucker literally hates fun.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Sinnlos posted:

It was kind of rapey duder

Puritan pearl-clutcher.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Bedlamdan posted:

Yeah, too bad for all the arts of monsters loving regular women, sex orgies, and other weird-rear end sex stuff wedged in there.

Hmm, yeah, that's uh, too bad lol. A real shame haha. heh

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Bad guys doing bad things in comics is bad! These pretend men need to be stopped!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Fury Road wasn't even that violent. I didn't understand its R-Rating, I guess one specific death near the end is what pushed it into its R rating. But like, people fell out of fast moving vehicles and survived with no injuries.

Nudity pretty much always tips things into R-rating, with the odd exception. The MPAA is terrible.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Remember how everything "gamergaters" complained about was trivial and ridiculous?

Remember how for gamergate fellow-travelers, a litany has been established of how women in gaming are crazy, and not them? Talking about Brianna Wu when you ought to be talking about yourselves. A shame.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Control Volume posted:

SedanChair posted:

Remember how everything "gamergaters" complained about was trivial and ridiculous?

Remember how for gamergate fellow-travelers, a litany has been established of how women in gaming are crazy, and not them? Talking about Brianna Wu when you ought to be talking about yourselves. A shame.

You're worse than them

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
me i got angry when they made an architect who was thor because architects are vile, treacherous beings #ericghazi

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

natetimm posted:

Puritan pearl-clutcher.

I mean, if you don't think do that's valid, but it was kinda bad for a lot of people so maybe we should be sensitive to that? I'm not saying the art shouldn't exist, or have a context to be used in, but I'm not sure the variant cover was the right one.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

I said come in! posted:

There was also nekkid women :mrgw:

natetimm posted:

Puritan pearl-clutcher.

I am unhappy about the comic book depicting the fictional thing but I am neutral to the real guys who do the troubling things...

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
Hatred got an AO rating and its not even as bad as Soldier of Fortune.

smh

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

SedanChair posted:

Any hill but the Wu hill to die on, man. Seriously.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Literally The Worst posted:

pretty much everyone who thought that cover was a good idea was an idiot

"Hey we need a cool variant for the new issue of Batgirl. I know, let's reference the comic where she exists solely to be crippled"

Isn't that the origin of the Oracle, a comic character a lot of disabled folks champion because it added disabled diversity to the DC cast?

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Bicyclops posted:

Nudity pretty much always tips things into R-rating, with the odd exception. The MPAA is terrible.

Bart Simpson's Penis

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Sinnlos posted:

I mean, if you don't think do that's valid, but it was kinda bad for a lot of people so maybe we should be sensitive to that? I'm not saying the art shouldn't exist, or have a context to be used in, but I'm not sure the variant cover was the right one.

You are a thinly veiled censor and at heart a conservative.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

smh

I'm really disappointed in the state of dismemberment engines in 2015. I expected mgore.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

SedanChair posted:

"These complaints about feminism are part of an absurd culture based around the outrage machine!"

-People who type paragraphs about how a vibrating plate exploded their perfect bookshelf in Skyrim or how Batman's suit doesn't look cool enough

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
Yeah, Wu is legitimately mentally ill.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Control Volume posted:

Neil Gaiman's random gay genie sex scene in American Gods is also unironically art.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Red Suit posted:

Bart Simpson's Penis

Sure, and Kate Winslet's boobs. There are always exceptions.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Prav posted:

I'm really disappointed in the state of dismemberment engines in 2015. I expected mgore.

New doom looks like it is breaking new dismemberment ground

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

smh

It's just a remake of the first Postal game anyways.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Bicyclops posted:

"These complaints about feminism are part of an absurd culture based around the outrage machine!"

-People who type paragraphs about how a vibrating plate exploded their perfect bookshelf in Skyrim or how Batman's suit doesn't look cool enough

"Everyone who disagrees with my cultish behavior is a nerd or a bigot!"

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

turnways posted:

Isn't that the origin of the Oracle, a comic character a lot of disabled folks champion because it added disabled diversity to the DC cast?

IIRC The Killing Joke wasn't originally intended as a canon thing, it was just meant to be a one-shot but the fanbase latched onto and Oracle grew out of that.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Bedlamdan posted:

Neil Gaiman's random gay genie sex scene in American Gods is also unironically art.

I need to reread American Gods...

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bedlamdan posted:

Ooh man I just started reading this book.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Bicyclops posted:

It's well established that gamers are crazy. How anyone in a social media brawl can wind up looking worse than them is perplexing.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Hadaka Apron posted:

Brianna Wu's Patreon = $3003.00 a month

I'm not so sure about that.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

KoldPT posted:

You're worse than them

this is an awfully rude thing to say, I am definitely not worse than them. They are worse than me. They are bad, unlike me, who is less bad, than them.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

People who type paragraphs about how a vibrating plate exploded their perfect bookshelf in Skyrim or how Batman's suit doesn't look cool enough

Does anyone wanna talk about the Arkham Knight game? It doesn't work for the PC so I haven't played it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

turnways posted:

Which they walked back on for the current Batgirl book

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Alan Moore at least periodically expresses his dissatisfaction with his choice to put some of the uglier stuff in his work.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
DC rejected the first draft of the variant cover for not being rapey enough, and then immediately and publicly caved to criticism after the reveal

If that doesn't sound like an obvious publicity stunt then I have a bridge to sell you. Be honest, how many of you knew there was a batgirl reboot before the controversy?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Hadaka Apron posted:

Wow, she must be hysterical, she can't even tell the made-up death threats from the real and terrifying ones

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Bedlamdan posted:

Does anyone wanna talk about the Arkham Knight game? It doesn't work for the PC so I haven't played it.

They took it off Steam and are supposedly retooling it for a fall release.

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

natetimm posted:

You are a thinly veiled censor and at heart a conservative.

Ok, if you say so, not sure how you reached that conclusion but oh well.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

UberJew posted:

New doom looks like it is breaking new dismemberment ground

I need to watch that video. Also, how's tradgames these days?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

natetimm posted:

Bad guys doing bad things in comics is bad! These pretend men need to be stopped!

"I love rape!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Ooh man I just started reading this book.

I'm just saying, if there was more geniefucking or monsterfucking in gone home I would not mind. :mrgw:

• Locked thread