Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
There have been at least 2 or 3 occasions where Austin's vest wasn't even in the video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Muddy Burphy posted:

There have been at least 2 or 3 occasions where Austin's vest wasn't even in the video game.

They're just emulating him forgetting it at home like a jabroni

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Here's some of that modding potential coming out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMCNnytnpmE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P40IWWpKGW4

89 fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jun 23, 2015

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

I don't get it. What are so special about these mods?

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Jubs posted:

Well for starters that Goldberg looks amazing.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Jubs posted:

The first one is the greatest mod in the history of our sport.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Too bad he has to use The Rock's entrance animation there.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

That looks amazing, right up until Goldberg and Sting lock up. My god... is that what the actual game still looks like? I haven't played a WWE game since whatever version had Attitude Era mode

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I thought PC modding would allow them to replace the "Main Event" graphic overlays and things like that. I'm sure those CAWs took a lot of effort but what about them involved modding? Maybe I've just been spoiled by really good CAWs over the years... I mean even on consoles they had some insane CAWs based on some sort of PC texture editing tool.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Minidust posted:

I thought PC modding would allow them to replace the "Main Event" graphic overlays and things like that. I'm sure those CAWs took a lot of effort but what about them involved modding? Maybe I've just been spoiled by really good CAWs over the years... I mean even on consoles they had some insane CAWs based on some sort of PC texture editing tool.

They're new models, not CAWs. But yea, they don't seem particularly amazing looking, but they are definitely doing stuff past the constraints of both the new and old CAW system.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The entrance music is always so loving quiet in WWE games. Maybe if it was louder you wouldn't be able to tell how canned the crowd noises are. Win-win!

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Minidust posted:

The CAW tool on 2k15 is extremely limited, like, it is extremely difficult to make just NJPW roster members, which I tried to do, because the outfit options and colouring options are so weak. And when you do make something, they look like textureless playdough, not like the sweaty, oiled and battleready Goldberg you have in that video. He glistens in the lighting. That is not standard for CAWs.

I have not seen a single good Ishii on PC yet.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
so apparently 2k16 will have 120 unique models, and those models don't include alternate costumes and stuff like 3 Mark Henry's. So what are the odds we actually get Kurt Angle and random NXT guys?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

GenericMartini posted:

so apparently 2k16 will have 120 unique models, and those models don't include alternate costumes and stuff like 3 Mark Henry's. So what are the odds we actually get Kurt Angle and random NXT guys?

I'll believe it when I see it to be honest

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I'd rather they work on the gameplay and graphics they have, rather than just leaving the game as-is and cramming in as many poorly modeled guys as they can.

Cause you know that's exactly what they're doing.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

GenericMartini posted:

On the wwe.com/superstars page there are 83 wrestlers if you remove people like Bryan Saxton, Eden, Lillian, and others that don't actually wrestle. NXT has another 37 according to the WIkipedia roster page. That's oddly exactly 120 wrestlers.

I'm sure a ton of the NXT guys will be replaced by legends. That list of 37 could easily be cut to 25 just by making cuts based on people not really on TV.

Last year had 10 non-playable characters, so who knows if those are included in the "models. Last year also had 10 legends like Jericho, Hogan, Nash, Flair, RVD, HBK, Austin, Sting, Rock, Warrior.

Sad thing is there will be this big dragged out reveal of who is in the game, when the better question should be who ISN'T in the game.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
2k16 is Zack Ryder's time to shine.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I just want a career mode thats actually good and doesnt involve Bill DeMott calling me a pussy every ten seconds.

Oh, and dump chain wrestling. That poo poo was hot garbage.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

GenericMartini posted:

With no room for CAWs!

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

OctoberCountry posted:

The first one is the greatest mod in the history of our sport.

Truly a landmark mod in our industry.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The fact that the singled out "120 unique models" instead of like "120 superstars and divas" is really weird, like I bet the CAW body types or non-playable managers are included in that number.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Prepare to be disappointed - wwe games post 2006

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jubs posted:

With no room for CAWs!

My favorite was a poster on the 2K forums who defended all the shittiness of 2K15. "Why do you need 100 CAW slots? Maybe a couple for new attires, but you're meant to play as the people in the game, not people from other feds." "No Divas CAW? Who really plays as the Divas anyway?"

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Davros1 posted:

"No Divas CAW? Who really plays as the Divas anyway?"

I think this too tbh

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I don't know. Maybe WOMEN would like to play as women?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Steve Vader posted:

I don't know. Maybe WOMEN would like to play as women?

This is a bit sexist. Shame on you.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The best diva CAW was Lt. Kate Shakespeare. I believe in 2k9 I wrote a storyline where she claimed the Divas Championship during Tribute to the Troops and refused to defend it outside of U.S. Army bases, which enraged "Cadet" Kelly Kelly.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

super macho dude posted:

I just want a career mode thats actually good and doesnt involve Bill DeMott calling me a pussy every ten seconds.
gently caress that, what 2k15 really needed was a mod replacing King's commentary with DeMott's random barks.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Basic Chunnel posted:

gently caress that, what 2k15 really needed was a mod replacing all commentary with good commentary.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Davros1 posted:

My favorite was a poster on the 2K forums who defended all the shittiness of 2K15. "Why do you need 100 CAW slots? Maybe a couple for new attires, but you're meant to play as the people in the game, not people from other feds." "No Divas CAW? Who really plays as the Divas anyway?"

modern companies astroturfing internet forums is pretty cool

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
The modding is crazy already, my roomie as been modding our copy like crazy. I watched him have a match with Jon Moxley vs Prince Devitt in an ROH arena the other night and it was like "when the gently caress did they make an ROH game?"

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Davros1 posted:

I know people basically love to turn the game into NJPW or ROH 2K15, but I do prefer to just play as the characters in the game already. I can see how somebody has that attitude

cams
Mar 28, 2003

imagine a truly realistic diva career simulator in a wwe game

so depressing

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Astro7x posted:

I know people basically love to turn the game into NJPW or ROH 2K15, but I do prefer to just play as the characters in the game already. I can see how somebody has that attitude

Even just WWE property though, think about it... not everyone in the company is in the game, NXT alone most people are missing, and the CAW slots they gave us for just males might fill that roster up, and then it goes further with all the WWE jobbers that are missing. And THEN historic characters people miss and want in the game so they can recreate their favorite matches and moments or fantasize about dream matchups, like nWo vs SES or Ryback vs Goldberg or an all women Royal Rumble... WWE people alone you could easily fill 100 CAW slots and still want more.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

I want a mod that just adds in NJPW commentary dynamically. Words don't even have to apply to what's happening, just have low key commentary when low key stuff is happening, and crazy INDYTAKERRR marking out when something big happens

I know this is impossible, just let a man dream.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

triplexpac posted:

I want a mod that just adds in NJPW commentary dynamically. Words don't even have to apply to what's happening, just have low key commentary when low key stuff is happening, and crazy INDYTAKERRR marking out when something big happens

Not impossible. Improbable, unlikely, but never impossible. Remember... you can do a LOT with LUA scripting.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

triplexpac posted:

I'd settle for a clip of someone yelling BEEEEE BEEEEEE HAAAAARKUUUUUUUU

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
I want a Giant Baba commentary mod. Just Japanese mumbling well below the average vocal range.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

triplexpac posted:

I like that they haven't even recorded Lawler and Cole commentary on an insane amount of moves. My CAW just gets "oh my" and "what a move" after anything more obscure than a headlock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Genericide posted:

I like that they haven't even recorded Lawler and Cole commentary on an insane amount of moves. My CAW just gets "oh my" and "what a move" after anything more obscure than a headlock.

It's just like the real thing!