Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

davebo posted:

But getting an SUV just makes the entire vehicle taller, it doesn't help you see the road in and of itself. You still need to properly adjust the seat height/position like you would in any car. I've seen plenty of short people driving SUV's who aren't sitting in the correct position are are therefore completely oblivious to the cars immediately surrounding them.

Speaking of cars I purchased 4 tire pressure sensors for the wheels I got a while back. Guy who did the wheels didn't realize my oem wheel's sensors wouldn't fit the new ones, so he said he'd install them for free once I bought them.

I see tons of moms in SUVs that can barely see over the steering wheel. :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

KoB
May 1, 2009

blarzgh posted:

Where I Live.

Woman: "I want it where I sit up high."
Man: "But what about literally every one of hundreds of other qualities that differentiate vehicles from one another like perform..."
Woman: "Don't Care."

Same for me, except "I want it where I fit"

tall people problems.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

blarzgh posted:

Where I Live.

Woman: "I want it where I sit up high."
Man: "But what about literally every one of hundreds of other qualities that differentiate vehicles from one another like perform..."
Woman: "Don't Care."

Some quality gender stereotyping right there.

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

Smart woman. Performance really doesn't matter unless you're towing something.

You're a moron, how are you going to win a stoplight Grands Prix without performance? Sometimes you need good acceleration as much as you need good braking and handling. Safety is not only measured in how many airbags you have.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Motor vehicle safety isn't about being able to avoid an accident, it's about making sure you are the least injured party when you inevitably crash due to inattention or poor driving skills

nocal
Mar 7, 2007
car bad

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Counterpoint: car good

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Drone plus gimbal.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I bought some things for my old PC so I can hook it up to my TV.

I hope this thing works. People like to have a bit more range nowadays

So I can see what kind of boring poo poo I have on old IDE HDDs

^^Pro buy. :drat:

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

WugLyfe posted:

Drone plus gimbal.

Where can I read more about this? My friend was talking about it the other night and this seems something pretty cool I want to pick up.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Etrips posted:

Where can I read more about this? My friend was talking about it the other night and this seems something pretty cool I want to pick up.

https://store.3drobotics.com/products/solo

Just googling around for "3DR Solo" will get you videos, etc. with some interesting things. I'm more interested in the fact that I can use my Nexus 6 as a live-view monitor for the thing while recording. Also the ability to downsample mediocre 4k footage into fantastic 1080p video is a massive plus.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

WugLyfe posted:

Drone plus gimbal.

I "bought" a bunch of parts for my DJI frame over a month ago and am still waiting for some backordered stuff :(

dreesemonkey posted:

I have that. The keys are a bit mushy after a Thinkpad but it does the job for an HTPC.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

it works great. i have one for my ps4 and love it, especially for the price.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

it works great. i have one for my ps4 and love it, especially for the price.

My PC is in my basement on a server rack where my receiver and junk is. So it's probably 25' or so and through one floor. I guess if it doesn't work "long rear end USB extension cable" will be my next purchase.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

I "bought" a bunch of parts for my DJI frame over a month ago and am still waiting for some backordered stuff :(

Ahh that sucks. I'm a little worried about how long this is going to take. 3DR said about 6 weeks, but who knows :(

I hope they get that blackmagic gimbal for their Ursa Studio Mini 4K.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

dreesemonkey posted:

My PC is in my basement on a server rack where my receiver and junk is. So it's probably 25' or so and through one floor. I guess if it doesn't work "long rear end USB extension cable" will be my next purchase.

yeah that might be a stretch for the range.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

yeah that might be a stretch for the range.

On second thought I canceled it. I'm sure I can find a decent wifi control app for my iPad

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

dreesemonkey posted:

If you do end up needing a good, long usb cable, this one is awesome:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/BlueRigger-...=usb+cable+blue

Bought it to connect up a webcam and am currently using it for my wireless mouse, pinned up on the wall with the receiver plugged into it, because the mouse couldn't get a good signal to the PC on the floor.

(I don't know what the £25 is about, I've never seen it go over £10)

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Slimy Hog posted:

Some quality gender stereotyping right there.

"Quality" gender stereotyping because it's statistically correct, or...?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sigma X posted:

No, don't.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

Sigma X posted:

:biotruths:

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

dreesemonkey posted:

A long time ago I bought a cheap wireless keyboard. Its range sucked so I took apart the receiver and wired up a telescoping antenna from an old radio. I was able to type from about 200ft away (3 houses down).

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

I AM the Bat.

I'm very glad I opted for the PS4 version, even though I could have gotten the PC version cheaper. It's so plagued with problems WB pulled it from Steam.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

dreesemonkey posted:

On second thought I canceled it. I'm sure I can find a decent wifi control app for my iPad

Not sure if it exists for iOS but on Android Unified Remote is well worth the purchase.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Hello there, Graflex buddy! Is yours a Crown or a Speed?

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

spookygonk posted:

Hello there, Graflex buddy! Is yours a Crown or a Speed?

Speed :dance: :dance:

here is the training video for it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vp2DmA3MA8

joe sucks.

vxsarin has a new favorite as of 21:26 on Jun 25, 2015

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Pukestain Pal posted:

Speed :dance: :dance:

here is the training video for it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vp2DmA3MA8

joe sucks.

Why was this so interesting to watch? :psyduck:

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

Aramek posted:

Why was this so interesting to watch? :psyduck:

because joe is incompetent.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Well, Joe should get a DSLR and just shoot 900 shots and pick out the good ones.

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
I felt like the time was right for a new video game console, so I picked up an Xbone with The Master Chief Collection, Dead Rising3, and a play and charge kit.

I'm not a big fan of shooters so I haven't played much Halo, but Dead Rising is fun as hell

Also got a new Edge Finder to replace one I broke

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

A preorder for this:

e: and a sticker for my new(ish) laptop

uranium grass has a new favorite as of 15:19 on Jun 26, 2015

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I got my first paycheck at my new job, so I spent most of it:

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

RadioactiveKid posted:

Also got a new Edge Finder to replace one I broke

It does this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiggler_(tool)

clockwork automaton
May 2, 2007

You've probably never heard of them.

Fun Shoe

RadioactiveKid posted:

I felt like the time was right for a new video game console, so I picked up an Xbone with The Master Chief Collection, Dead Rising3, and a play and charge kit.

I did the same and got Borderlands: The Handsome Collection and the new Batman game (for free since best buy was running a deal)

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

DrBouvenstein posted:

I AM the Bat.

I'm very glad I opted for the PS4 version, even though I could have gotten the PC version cheaper. It's so plagued with problems WB pulled it from Steam.

I am also the Bat.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I wanted to be the bat but I have to be the bat mobile most of the time

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
Just picked up the newest Persona game, Persona Q. I got the premium edition because right now on Amazon it's cheaper than the standard one.

click for big

(Amazon link)

It actually arrived yesterday but I left my 3DS at work so I haven't been able to play it yet :(

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online

Solid Cake posted:

Just picked up the newest Persona game, Persona Q. I got the premium edition because right now on Amazon it's cheaper than the standard one.

click for big

(Amazon link)

It actually arrived yesterday but I left my 3DS at work so I haven't been able to play it yet :(

This game is awesome. If you end up liking it, definitely check out the other Etrian Odyssey games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

dreesemonkey posted:

^^Pro buy. :drat:

I have this for when I plug my laptop on my TV and it's all sorts of awesome. Works perfectly after +1 year of use