Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Boy this woman I've been threatening on the internet for months sure is acting paranoid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

natetimm posted:

Is a state capitol building and a comic book full of imaginary people the same thing?

the comic books are clearly more important

what has a dumb old building outside ever done for culture

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Bedlamdan posted:

Cassandra Cain was a very good Batgirl and I hated her Heel-Turn. :(
Yeah that was super bullshit and kinda racist.

SedanChair posted:

How does that make her crazy?
That she took something clearly on her side of the argument and obfuscated it to appear to be on the opposing side. Like GG is dumb as gently caress, but Wu is there same exact sort. Hence her game literally being nothing by hyper sexualized women.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
From my point of view, Feminism is evil!

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

added to chrome, ty

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Popular Thug Drink posted:

the comic books are clearly more important

This, but also unironically.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SedanChair posted:

Death threats are traumatic and just might make you overly cautious!

It's really perverse that gamergaters will send death threats and then titter amongst themselves when their victim shows signs of panic.

It's just that Brianna Wu has a history of faking death threats. The one time she claimed to have fleed her home, it was proven that she didn't actually leave. Not only that but she gave news interviews at her home at the same time she was suppose to have been gone. I think she has been called out a few other times since then, questionable tweets that appear to have been written by her where she is threatening herself.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

SedanChair posted:

Boy this woman I've been threatening on the internet for months sure is acting paranoid

she's probably mentally deranged, and a feminist

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Ehhh idk man I like feminism but it does seem to have become a hobby for the privileged. I get the impression Anita is probably more recognizable than Sandra Fluke. That's a little sad.

Nerds are more concerned with games than birth control; news at ten.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

icantfindaname posted:

Why are they different? Explain this to me

One is a reality explicitly endorsed by the government where actual people suffered and the other is make-believe land that anyone who isn't a complete retard can differentiate from reality.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Terrible Opinions posted:

That she took something clearly on her side of the argument and obfuscated it to appear to be on the opposing side. Like GG is dumb as gently caress, but Wu is there same exact sort. Hence her game literally being nothing by hyper sexualized women.

Hey they make up woman mascots, they probably make up anti-gamergate death threats as well.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

natetimm posted:

One is a reality explicitly endorsed by the government where actual people suffered and the other is make-believe land that anyone who isn't a complete retard can differentiate from reality.

"Comic books and other media aren't real"

Maybe pursue treatment for schizophrenia?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

icantfindaname posted:

Answer the question thanks
Wouldn't one constitute a state endorsement of an icon, and the other is uh a comic book??

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Bedlamdan posted:

Do you want to talk about comics? Deffo loving Marvel's new Master of Kung-Fu series, I hope it stays instead of getting cancelled like the end of every other reboot.

I'm p well tapped out of American comics right now. Working at a shop for two years burned me out

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Actually let's just quickly go over the Gamergate/Victimhood moneywagon hall of fame

Patreon Loot
===================
Sarkeesian Effect BS Documentary - $7,701.50 a month
Zoe Quinn - $3970.48 a month
Movie Bob - $3923.46 a month
Brianna Wu - $3003.00 a month

Kickstarter Loot
==============
Anita Sarkeesian for Feminist Frequency - $440,000

Misc
===============
Honey Badger Radeo Legal Fund (Used part of cash to hire a disbared lawyer to act as their paralegal) - $30,000

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Dapper Dan posted:

Wait, what happened?

Considering WW I want to hear what they've done this time because it's gotta be a doozy for people to mention it.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

natetimm posted:

fantasies and literature have no connection whatsoever with how people think and behave, it's all just ink on paper man

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

icantfindaname posted:

Why are they different? Explain this to me
I don't know, what is the difference between government speech and the speech of private citizens?

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

SedanChair posted:

Hey they make up woman mascots, they probably make up anti-gamergate death threats as well.

You think someone would do that? Go on the internet and tell lies?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

icantfindaname posted:

Maybe pursue treatment for schizophrenia?

Oh my god im dissociating!

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

XMNN posted:

I don't know, what is the difference between government speech and the speech of private citizens?

So bigotry is OK if it's private speech?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

fantasies and literature have no connection whatsoever with how people think and behave, it's all just ink on paper man

All studies point to this actually being true.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015

I said come in! posted:

It's just that Brianna Wu has a history of faking death threats. The one time she claimed to have fleed her home, it was proven that she didn't actually leave. Not only that but she gave news interviews at her home at the same time she was suppose to have been gone.

Also, this:

The original tweet: https://twitter.com/spacekatgal/status/539909404804796416

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Shadoer posted:

Actually let's just quickly go over the Gamergate/Victimhood moneywagon hall of fame

so are you jealous that people give money to support causes you don't agree with or what's the point here

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Bedshaped posted:

Nerds are more concerned with games than birth control; news at ten.

This goes for everyone invested enough in GG to be mad about it or mad over it, all of them sad and broken people.

icantfindaname posted:

They're real to me, drat it.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Anyone who disagrees with me are clearly of lower stature, less educated or have mental issues.

That is the only explanation as I only speak absolute truth!

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Look at all this talk about the Playboy Club, like it was real life. It's not real life, it's a club.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

natetimm posted:

no, all studies point to it being false

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Prav posted:

Considering WW I want to hear what they've done this time because it's gotta be a doozy for people to mention it.

Yeah, same. Sounds like a big clusterfuck

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

natetimm posted:

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Literally The Worst posted:

I'm p well tapped out of American comics right now. Working at a shop for two years burned me out

I also read Manga and translated european comics like Tintin and Asterix, I'm flexible.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Shadoer posted:

I've said it before but this whole loving mess would've been a lot more reasonable and constructive - or at least quiet - if people stopped throwing money at shithead opportunists (on any/all sides) to make the other mad.

e: which would of course be a great shame

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

icantfindaname posted:

So bigotry is OK if it's private speech?
No?

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Shadoer posted:

Patreon Loot
===================
Sarkeesian Effect BS Documentary - $7,701.50 a month
Zoe Quinn - $3970.48 a month
Movie Bob - $3923.46 a month
Brianna Wu - $3003.00 a month

Kickstarter Loot
==============
Anita Sarkeesian for Feminist Frequency - $440,000

Misc
===============
Honey Badger Radeo Legal Fund (Used part of cash to hire a disbared lawyer to act as their paralegal) - $30,000

Basically, get involved in gamergate and make big buxx.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Prav posted:

I've said it before but this whole loving mess would've been a lot more reasonable and constructive - or at least quiet - if people stopped throwing money at shithead opportunists (on any/all sides) to make the other mad.

who do you think is that

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

so are you jealous that people give money to support causes you don't agree with or what's the point here

That they are poo poo head opportunists and arguably only Movie Bob is putting actual effort into producing his content.

Prav posted:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

natetimm posted:

I am a child. I only learn at my parent's knee, and at church. These are the only places I learn. *watches Saw*

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Bholder posted:

Anyone who disagrees with me are clearly of lower stature, less educated or have mental issues.

That is the only explanation as I only speak absolute truth!

If people just came out and said they don't have a moral problem with bigotry and hate speech as long as it's not government endorsed I'd have at least a little more respect for them. As it is I'm not sure who they think they're fooling besides maybe themselves

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

I posted a study where a multi year German study found no link between sexist attitudes and gaming. Here it is again:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2015/04/10/new-study-finds-no-link-between-gaming-and-sexist-attitudes/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Shadoer posted:

That they are poo poo head opportunists and arguably only Movie Bob is putting actual effort into producing his content.

i dont think standing up for a cause you believe in makes anyone a poo poo head. i think that's a pretty normal thing to do, and you're just upset that people disagree with you, so you frame them as morally deficient in order to preserve the feeling that you're on the correct side of the argument

• Locked thread