Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again

quakster posted:

Two chapters into DiU and why isn't everyone reading this right now? What reason could they possibly have?

I would probably finish all of JoJo in a week if I read the manga and I would rather spread my JoJo experience over several years, as motivation to keep living my best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Surprisingly Dope posted:

I would probably finish all of JoJo in a week if I read the manga and I would rather spread my JoJo experience over several years, as motivation to keep living my best.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the manga is still ongoing isn't it?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It is

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's monthly, even.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I woke up excited for work tonight, because when I get back that means another Jojo episode is airing.

:smith:

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again

Saagonsa posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the manga is still ongoing isn't it?

Your right. I don't want to catch up though.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You probably could, but you likely wouldn't have the time to soak it up and enjoy it if you did.
It's very long and requires a bit of extra attention at points.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

getting through the series would take a little while, and the current arc is even sort of a mystery thing at the moment, which makes it fun to speculate. waiting for the anime will seriously take forever.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Your right. I don't want to catch up though.

You've got a long loving way to go

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Going on the heels of the underrated episodes, I thought grey tower was really good. It put Kakyoin in the spotlight as he took control of the situation with a cool head.

I also really enjoyed The Curse of Dio. It showed us how Joseph had changed over the years, he wasn't the joker with a carefree attitude anymore. He has a weakness now and it's family. He'll do anything to protect them, but he'll also step back and let them do what they're good at, because he knows he can't do everything himself.

Not only this, but it shows Jotaro really being the rock of the group. Joseph may have changed a lot over the last five decades, but he's still a goof and insightful enough to read people deeply and quickly. Jotaro probably grew up with that and developed his stone face because of it (despite Holly seeing right through it). And while Joseph loses it after Holly passes out, Jotaro is quick to snap the old man back into focus and get him thinking up something again.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Sekkira posted:

Not only this, but it shows Jotaro really being the rock of the group. Joseph may have changed a lot over the last five decades, but he's still a goof and insightful enough to read people deeply and quickly. Jotaro probably grew up with that and developed his stone face because of it (despite Holly seeing right through it). And while Joseph loses it after Holly passes out, Jotaro is quick to snap the old man back into focus and get him thinking up something again.

Pretty sure the prison was the first time Jotaro and Joseph met, though. Unless you're saying Holly inherited it, which seems plausable

Nuage
Jan 21, 2005

setafd posted:

i've watched battle tendency twice and don't remember the music at all other than the kickass outros with roundabout

You must remember the cool Pillar Men theme, surely!

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Pretty sure the prison was the first time Jotaro and Joseph met, though. Unless you're saying Holly inherited it, which seems plausable

Considering the way they talk to each other in the prison I seriously doubt it. Living overseas means they probably didn't see each other more than a handful of times in Jotaro's life but there's no way Joseph would just not visit them for 17+ years.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jotaro recognises Oldseph at a glance. Even if it's family, you can't recognise them instantly if you don't know what they look like. It'd make most sense that Jotaro seems him often enough to recognise him even though he's aged.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Can we revisit Kid Polnareff and Flashback Kakyoin's tiny kid-sized Stands? :kimchi:
I like the implication that, for people who are born with their Stands, it's like having a weird little imaginary friend who can interact with things in the real world.
And then the cruel destiny of Stand-users kicks in and they inevitably have to learn how to use their friend to murder a dude :smith:

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Start of part 4 spoilers: Joseph has been in japan a few times since Holly moved there.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

deadly_pudding posted:

Can we revisit Kid Polnareff and Flashback Kakyoin's tiny kid-sized Stands? :kimchi:
I like the implication that, for people who are born with their Stands, it's like having a weird little imaginary friend who can interact with things in the real world.
And then the cruel destiny of Stand-users kicks in and they inevitably have to learn how to use their friend to murder a dude :smith:
Kakyoin's flashback made it seem like some Sixth Sense poo poo where seeing this weird ghost that only you can see makes you feel isolated and scared. Of course, Polnareff wasn't like that as a kid so I guess Kakyoin likes to be dramatic.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

chaos rhames posted:

Start of part 4 spoilers: Joseph has been in japan a few times since Holly moved there.

That's given straight up in Chapter 1 or something.

But yeah, I was always going on the assumption that other than that, why would he not visit Holly and his Grandson regularly? He loves the poo poo out of Holly.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I swear in the first episode of Stardust Crusaders, Joseph says something along the lines of how he's sad his grandson might not recognize his own grandfather's face. Can't watch the episode right now, but I remember something to that effect.

Joseph loves his daughter and grandson, but the man really hates Japan.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jun 26, 2015

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Moltrey posted:

I swear in the first episode of Stardust Crusaders, Joseph says something along the lines of how he's sad his grandson might not recognize his own grandfather's face. Can't watch the episode right now, but I remember something to that effect.

Close, it was the end of Battle Tendency. Looking over the manga, Jotaro seems a bit wary of Joseph when he calls him his grandson, so who knows, at the time, maybe Araki just wrote it so that Joseph hadn't actually visited his grandson before. Araki's the kind of guy who has no qualms about retconning his own stuff, so :iiam:

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Moltrey posted:

Kakyoin's flashback made it seem like some Sixth Sense poo poo where seeing this weird ghost that only you can see makes you feel isolated and scared. Of course, Polnareff wasn't like that as a kid so I guess Kakyoin likes to be dramatic.

Every kid reacts to having their own punchghost differently.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Zeruel posted:

I woke up excited for work tonight, because when I get back that means another Jojo episode is airing.

:smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsxXvKnuZ7s

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Well Manicured Man posted:

Every kid reacts to having their own punchghost differently.

N'Doul, for example, started using his Stand to kill the poo poo out of everyone who got in his way from the moment he realized what it was.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The image on the JoJo page update at some-point in the last week, for the last time for SC you'd assume.

:3:

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
I want to see the photo that was allegedly taken of the voice actors in those poses.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Xibanya posted:

I want to see the photo that was allegedly taken of the voice actors in those poses.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's out there, I saw it but I didn't save it.

Now starring the best crusader, as it should.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Aurain posted:

What are you talking about, there's no Egyptian beggar.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Egyptian beggar has nothing on the Indian man, who has nothing to do with anything.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Aurain posted:

you forgot to photoshop hol horse into the image, dude.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
What's D'arby's (the Gambler's) theme named on the OST? I can't find it.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

HellCopter posted:

What's D'arby's (the Gambler's) theme named on the OST? I can't find it.

I think it's just called Gambler?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z53e7wBIbsU

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Kakero no Bluff

Iserlohn fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jun 27, 2015

lyricaldanichan
Jan 23, 2004

My Boredom Has Outshined The Sun
I always wondered if there is an "official" explanation about Jotaro's dad? Like what does he look like, what is his name and why wasn't he with Holly when she was sick etc.
I was under the impression that Holly and the dad are separated or divorced.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I think I remember reading that he's a travelling jazz musician, and that he was off on tour for the duration of SC.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

His name is Sadao Kujo, he's a jazz musician (I believe the sax) and he's on tour during SC. That's it.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

lyricaldanichan posted:

I always wondered if there is an "official" explanation about Jotaro's dad? Like what does he look like, what is his name and why wasn't he with Holly when she was sick etc.
I was under the impression that Holly and the dad are separated or divorced.

Jotaro's dad is named Sadao Kujo. He and Holly aren't separated, he's just a super duper world famous musician(which is why they live in a titanic mansion) who is pretty much always on world tour somewhere(which is why he wasn't there when Holly fell sick). Keep in mind that the Joestars did their level best to keep Holly's condition on the down low. They didn't take her to a hospital and bused in private Speedwagon doctors and they didn't even tell Suzie about what was actually happening. Holly is also not the kind of person who'd risk distracting or worrying her husband by calling him, given that she was putting on a brave face even to people who were there in person and could see exactly what was wrong.

Sadao was almost assuredly never even made aware that his wife was sick in the first place, so it's hardly his fault.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
It would have been really sad/funny if Sadao had actually been around when all this poo poo was going down. Either he would have insisted on coming along with the Crusaders as the loser without a stand, or he would have been forced to just sit and watch as his wife was suffering.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

The Unholy Ghost posted:

It would have been really sad/funny if Sadao had actually been around when all this poo poo was going down. Either he would have insisted on coming along with the Crusaders as the loser without a stand, or he would have been forced to just sit and watch as his wife was suffering.

Man, he could have been like Music!Speedwagon. I was okay with Polnareff and Avdol as violent Speedwagon, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Joseph grew up into Speedwagon

• Locked thread