Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

XMNN posted:

It is a real thing, which is why it's bad that it's been turned into an unfunny joke by people who freak out about pomegranates.

Except that the people who make fun of it are almost always talking about the people who are complaining about legitimate grievances and not PC gone mad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Effectronica posted:

okay, so we've gone to accusing people of being angry, from trying to roll with the punches. are we almost at the point where you melt down?

i, for one, am quite full of care

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
are people still scared of 4chan in tyool 2015 because it's essentially just GBS.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Dreylad posted:

you guys spent $10 on a forums account instead of donating it to a homeless shelter and that reflects poorly on You.

Uh, not if you registered back when they were free.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Zeitgueist posted:

Except that the people who make fun of it are almost always talking about the people who are complaining about legitimate grievances and not PC gone mad

it's political correctness gone mad, stu

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

XMNN posted:

Uh, what?

People making obviously fake, or hard-to-believe, claims about a thing do not necessarily discredit it. Rachel Dolezal claimed to be black, but this did not discredit the idea of blackness. Why this happened for PTSD is due ultimately to the hatred most of America has for the concept of mental illness and the mentally unwell, and the lingering suspicion that those ideas are fake. "SJWs" had nothing to do with it.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Meme Emulator posted:

Uh, not if you registered back when they were free.

someone paid for your av as well?

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Sinnlos posted:

My apologies. I'll have to watch it later.

Yeah, he penned anti-discrimination laws I believe.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Effectronica posted:

People making obviously fake, or hard-to-believe, claims about a thing do not necessarily discredit it. Rachel Dolezal claimed to be black, but this did not discredit the idea of blackness. Why this happened for PTSD is due ultimately to the hatred most of America has for the concept of mental illness and the mentally unwell, and the lingering suspicion that those ideas are fake. "SJWs" had nothing to do with it.

This coming from the guy who earlier in this thread said that everyone with a mental illness deserves to be drugged and hanged.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

I said come in! posted:

You already had a melt down earlier in this thread.

We are really lowering the bar for what is considered a melt down, aren't we.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

I said come in! posted:

This coming from the guy who earlier in this thread said that everyone with a mental illness deserves to be drugged and hanged.

That's right, I'm a true-blue American Psycho.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Effectronica posted:

Maybe I didn't pay enough attention to the Dolezal thing (because it's really, really stupid) but have people been using it to say that all black people are faking it?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
are people really surprised lonely nerds on the internet are cynical uncaring people because i feel on a website as old as SA this shouldn't be surprising.

INH5
Dec 17, 2012
Error: file not found.

Effectronica posted:

also, the common perception of homosexuality hasn't become any whiter since the 90s and DOMA, you idiot.

If gay rights campaigns haven't been focused on making the public perception of homosexuality as white, normal, and unthreatening as possible, then why do self-described social justice activists keep writing articles complaining about exactly that?

XMNN posted:

Maybe I didn't pay enough attention to the Dolezal thing (because it's really, really stupid) but have people been using it to say that all black people are faking it?

Conservatives have definitely been using it to say that anti-racism activists are hypocrites.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Shadoer posted:

Is really your only problem that we criticized Anita for the dodgy fundraising of her videos?

Cause you seem to have a real fixation with her specifically as opposed to all the other people we've mentioned.

Like is she your waifu or something?

i don't have to have a particular allegiance to anita sarkeesian to be completely baffled by your strident belief that she is a criminal

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jun 26, 2015

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

OwlFancier posted:

She is either somewhat hypocritical or rather short sighted if she genuinely believes that the hundreds of thousands of dollars she received was all because her videos are positively fascinating and not related to a wider desire for social justice, and thus she is entirely unobligated to further that desire with the funding she acquired.

Her backers are just bad at spending, she doesn't need more money to make videos and if you want to help women out then there are way better places to spend your money. You don't have want to do that but I dunno why you'd give her money otherwise.

so now she's a hypocrite because you have scanned her mind and you believe that she thinks that all of the people who backed her did so because they sincerely want her project to succeed

and her backers are also hypocrites for giving their disposable income to a person you don't like doing a project you don't agree with instead of UNICEF

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

XMNN posted:

No, which is my point. This didn't happen.

INH5 posted:

If gay rights campaigns haven't been focused on making the public perception of homosexuality as white, normal, and unthreatening as possible, then why do self-described social justice activists keep writing articles complaining about exactly that?

Probably because they are/were, but they did not control this process nor necessarily drive it. And as a member of the fag community, suck my dick.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
People who mock trigger warnings and always claim to be Genuinely Concerned about actual bigotry and injustice yet when called out, but in practice are usually not supporting those groups at all. Same as people complaining about PC in their parents generation. It's just getting mad at people telling you that you are a jerk instead of listening to them.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The funniest thing about Anita is that what she is saying is coming from a script written by a man. Those opinions are not Anita's.

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

I said come in! posted:

The funniest thing about Anita is that what she is saying is coming from a script written by a man. Those opinions are not Anita's.

Ehhh, she certainly has input and participates in the writing process, you cant really remove agency from her.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

I said come in! posted:

drat so shes a delusional con-artist sockpuppet for a man

how deep does this rabbit hole go

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
We should constantly joke about trigger warnings because a Transdragon on tumblr misused it one time guys I Care

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
How are you managing to post faster than DaDchat. This is madness.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

I said come in! posted:

Not purestrain feminism amirite

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i hear anita sarkeesian set fire to rome so shed have a dramatic backdrop for her lute recital

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
the only real thing about anita that has ever annoyed me despite me agreeing with her on 90% of things is that if you disagree about 10% people get really mad at you.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

paranoid randroid posted:

drat so shes a delusional con-artist sockpuppet for a man

how deep does this rabbit hole go

*opens door labeled SJW SECRETS*

*life sized marionnette that is anita sarkeesian comes tumbring out*

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
I hear that Anitas security is MEN and not an elite female hit squad

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zeitgueist posted:

Not purestrain feminism amirite

It's just that the entire point of FemFrequency is that it is about women in entertainment.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
<POST HEADER> the word gamergate 75 times

<POST BODY>: gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate

<POST FOOTER>-roadtose

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
YAY the helltread has begun.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Rodatose posted:

<POST HEADER> the word gamergate 75 times

<POST BODY>: gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate gamergate

<POST FOOTER>-roadtose

don't sign your posts

ffs

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
Her videos are on YouTube and that is Google and they have a gender imbalance in their workforce

How dare she

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Powercrazy posted:

None of them are real nor terrifying. hth.

They're real, the filth who want to see her dead have just decided they aren't. They're so ubiquitous and post so much that this "fake death threats" narrative been accepted by some people who, to their credit, are not overt misogynists and are just dupes. You don't have to be a dupe though.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
still tho lol if anything anita says actually deeply upsets you

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

I said come in! posted:

It's just that the entire point of FemFrequency is that it is about women in entertainment.

Which is why you get obsessively angry about it. I'm glad we had this talk.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Effectronica posted:

That's right, I'm a true-blue American Psycho.

Oh good, we're finally at the part where people start rolling with the punches.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

An Angry Bug posted:

Which is why you get obsessively angry about it. I'm glad we had this talk.

nah

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I said come in! posted:

just a warning, that video might be triggering for you, please be careful, friend.

You've made the trigger warning joke four times in this thread so far, and I hate to tell you this, but not once has it been funny or advanced your argument. Sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Venom Snake posted:

are people really surprised lonely nerds on the internet are cynical uncaring people because i feel on a website as old as SA this shouldn't be surprising.

We should raise awareness of this issue.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

YAY the helltread has begun.

:thumbsup:

• Locked thread