Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

cremnobs stake should end at the beginning of a rope!

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

cremnobs stake should end at the beginning of a rope!

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
gently caress google

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

George: George is getting scroogled!
Jerry: Scroogled?!
George: Scroogled, baby!

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Snapchat A Titty posted:

George: George is getting scroogled!
Jerry: Scroogled?!
George: Scroogled, baby!

Episode summary from tvguide.com: Kramer offers his own search service where he manually indexes and searches for things, but gets overwhelmed. Google shows up at his door with threatening results.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

B plot: Elaine dates Ballmer but is embarrassed to be seen in public with him due to his sweaty armpits.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
Jerry dates a facebook exec but can't deal with the pressure of maintaining a perfect profile.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

vodkat posted:

Jerry dates a facebook exec but can't deal with the pressure of maintaining a perfect profile.

George: "And everybody's always sharing. Sharing this, sharing that, sharing when they get a cup of coffee with friends! Who wants to see that…" *fiddles with muni wifi sign on diner table*

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Forums Terrorist posted:

gently caress right off, you of all loving people have no right to get outraged about this since you'd do the same thing you loving parasite

hey if Google being against homeless people makes cremnob love homeless people then maybe they are making the world better ??

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

PleasureKevin posted:

hey if Google being against homeless people makes cremnob love homeless people then maybe they are making the world better ??

creamnob love is twisted and weird and gross and i wouldn't wish it on anyone

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Boxturret posted:

creamnob love is twisted and weird and gross and i wouldn't wish it on anyone

I know first hand

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
google kirkland is expanding its campus and when they cleared the scrubby area for the expansion they had to kick a homeless guy who had been living in the woods out. so, ya. i'm actually pretty amazed that dude got away with living 20 feet from an elementary school in loving kirkland washington of all places.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

PleasureKevin posted:

I know first hand

PleasuredKevin

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
google code is dead, long live google code repositories

ufarn
May 30, 2009
that is the most enterprise thing in the world

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

duTrieux. posted:

i don't know about the most recent version but for a long time, up through at least 2010 and probably 2013, outlook used the word html engine

i believe all the other office apps have moved on, but outlook retains some 1990s html engine for "security"

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

maybe they want everything from email rendering to live tiles to be mosaic based v:confused:v

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

High-Profile Study Turns Up the Antitrust Heat on Google

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-06-29/high-profile-study-turns-up-the-antitrust-heat-on-google

i love when google gets shat on

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

net neutrality hero tim wu says google needs to get hosed by the EU

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

anthonypants posted:

"we should host our business's IP on the world's flightiest company's second attempt at a code hosting site"

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Cocoa Crispies posted:

"we should host our business's IP on the world's flightiest company's second attempt at a code hosting site"
reminder that google code still has an "export to github" button

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

anthonypants posted:

how the gently caress does this get approval to go live after goocode

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

how the gently caress does this get approval to go live after goocode

maybe their brilliant lawyer-engineers think they can get away from paying oracle for android using this one weird trick: hosting it on a different code repository

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

cremnob posted:

i love when google gets shat on

take it to a fetish site please cremnob

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
hey cremnob check THIS out

http://www.vox.com/2014/11/18/7238825/copyright-for-apis-is-going-to-be-a-disaster-and-only-the-supreme

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
ungh. eat poo poo goog.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
google products I use:

- search
- youtube
- nothing else

gently caress the goog

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I wonder if fair use will cover using the copyrighted material to create your own software distribution ecosystem off which you profit and which controls 50% of the market.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

quote:

Disclosure: My brother is an executive at Google.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shaggar posted:

I wonder if fair use will cover using the copyrighted material to create your own software distribution ecosystem off which you profit and which controls 50% of the market.

maybe if google ever turns a profit on google play, we'll find out!

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

im cumming

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-biggest-difference-between-google-and-facebook-2015-6

lars rasmussen confirms that google is the new microsoft

"Google is in the period of its history where it's capitalizing off this incredible, life-changing innovation that they are responsible for," he said of Google's search and ads businesses. "But in my opinion — and I say this with the greatest of love for the company — they're no longer the trend-setting company that they were earlier. They're certainly trying, and I commend them for that. But I think that this is the time for social and mobile, and I think that Facebook and Apple are the trendsetters there."

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

cremnob posted:

im cumming

im :barf:ing

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

lol

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Lol

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

neat

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lmaoooo

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Microsoft owns, Google owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Nintendo Kid posted: