Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

McTinkerson posted:

Sadly it won't, but your Suncor ID badge will get you between 50 & 90% off everything Acklands Grainger carries. ( I have one as well and may or may not make use of it very regularly.)

...is Suncor hiring?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Maybe they are hiring career counselors for the people they are laying off. :lol:

As someone who is neck deep in the industrial wholesale game for many years now, "XX%" off is pretty much meaningless. However, if they extend contract prices to employees as a walk in cash sale, yeah, you will almost certainly benefit from some amazing deals, as in, selling at basically true cost, or maybe even less than cost if the stars align.

My company is now American owned and they are just absolutely retarded making asinine promises/deals when it comes to landing some of these big contracts. The adage of "we'll make it up in volume" is the rule with these big deals.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

slidebite posted:

I vote for Zama

Heh Zama, and it's companion shithole Rainbow Lake. Best story I ever heard out of the place was the time some dude stole the liquor store. Not stole FROM the liquor store; stole the liquor store.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

ExecuDork posted:

I love watching my assistants lose their goddamn minds when I reveal the secrets of the universe to them; urban-Onterrible naivete is so much fun to crush.

As I was reading this I was thinking they must be from Toronto. Talking to some people who live there you'd think it was a goddamn vault from Fallout.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

MrChips posted:

Heh Zama, and it's companion shithole Rainbow Lake. Best story I ever heard out of the place was the time some dude stole the liquor store. Not stole FROM the liquor store; stole the liquor store.

My rear end in a top hat former brother-in-law told me a story of when he had a job in the area he came across a bunch of locals having a lysol party or something who decided it would be fun to fire up an electric lawnmower upside down and see who was brave enough to catch the blade.

The thing that surprised me most out of the story is that there would be an electric lawnmower up there. :iiam:

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Here's something my old neighbour (also my mechanic and friend) told me years ago after I had met this dude named Archie Bushfield.

I was looking for accessories and spare parts for my tractor, and I ran into this ad on kijiji about some rural junkyard type dealie. I go out to meet the owner, Archie, who was a completely unassuming fellow, 70 something, wearing dingy old rancher type clothes (winter jacket from the early 80s, worn out ballcap, stained jeans) and we walk around and I pick out a few things. I got what I thought was a decent price on the stuff, I didn't want to haggle too much because I figured this was one of those 'clean out my stuff before I sell the place and retire' things, plus it was under 2 or 3 hundred bucks, so not huge deal or anything.

I get my stuff home; a few weeks later I am chatting with my neighbour and I tell him about this encounter. He was aware of who he was, not surprising, my neighbour seems to know everyone, and told me about an incident down in Montana.

A few decades back, there was a bull shortage of some sort, and there was to be an auction for some animals stateside. Problem was, no one knew the condition of these bulls, owners were being coy about it or something, I don't know. Archie heads down there, asks for a job working in the stalls, shovels manure for a few hours, makes a few bucks, and manages to inspect the bulls just before auction.

He bought every single one of them and out bid everyone. Turns out the guy is one of the richest people in the province, he and his family have huge piles of land all over the place. Supposedly the guy running the auction / barn nearly had a stroke after this drifter looking motherfucker bought the whole herd.

I couldn't help but feel like I got completely fleeced over my minor purchases after that story.

8ender posted:

As I was reading this I was thinking they must be from Toronto. Talking to some people who live there you'd think it was a goddamn vault from Fallout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd8hYnG2464

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Seat Safety Switch posted:

You could take them to our many exciting ghost towns. Slung Blade and I found records of a place called Swastika, Alberta which disappeared off the map at some point in the 1950s (wonder why) and was dissolved.

Pfft. I still live 10 minutes or so from Swastika, Ontario. Still named that. They said FU Hitler during the war and refused to change it.

Also goddamnit guys I want to hit Alberta up again. I haven't been West since I moved East and I miss it :(

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Why the gently caress did I pick the rear end-sweath of June to start working on the coronet again.

Also, gently caress you dodge for not using the same part for the tail light lens on both sides.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Yep. Days like this suck
because I need to turn on my central air

:smuggo:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Look I get that Edmonton is a shithole but is it really bad enough that people feel the need to divert flights because of bad behaviour and bomb threats all the time?

Seriously, Transport Canada keeps stats on this sort of thing and flights to Edmonton are affected disproportionately by this sort of interference.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

MrChips posted:

Look I get that Edmonton is a shithole but is it really bad enough that people feel the need to divert flights because of bad behaviour and bomb threats all the time?

Seriously, Transport Canada keeps stats on this sort of thing and flights to Edmonton are affected disproportionately by this sort of interference.
Great post-avatar combo there.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

MrChips posted:

At least they didn't get diverted to Winnipeg, that would be an extra kick in the nuts.

e: Execudork, here is something timely for your colleagues:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/girl-in-hospital-following-rattlesnake-bite-while-hiking-1.3130930

quote:

A nine-year-old girl remains in hospital after she was bitten by a rattlesnake while in a provincial park east of Calgary.

The girl was bitten while hiking in Dinosaur Provincial Park Friday.

She was airlifted to the Alberta Children's Hospital, where she now remains in stable condition.

It's the third rattlesnake bite the park has seen in the past 12 years.
Poor little thing

slidebite fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jun 28, 2015

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

MrChips posted:

Where can I look up these stats? Edmonton international is a pretty pleasant airport compared to others in the country (looking at you Pearson, you multi level poo poo hole).

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

McTinkerson posted:

Sadly it won't, but your Suncor ID badge will get you between 50 & 90% off everything Acklands Grainger carries. ( I have one as well and may or may not make use of it very regularly.)
Really!? I had no idea. I have a hankering for some cones, and a fire extinguisher...
Mine says "Contractor" on it, will it still work? I guess I'll go find out, I'm serious about the fire extinguisher (you guys have been reading that thread, right?)

:(

Sounds like she'll be ok, though.

(looking at you Pearson, you multi level poo poo hole).
The only reason I don't reflexively spit and make obscene gestures whenever I say "Pearson International Airport" is I know how much worse it could be. gently caress you, Heathrow, gently caress you forever.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Well I caved in and bought AC....

Fit in there perfectly.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

ExecuDork posted:

Really!? I had no idea. I have a hankering for some cones, and a fire extinguisher...
Mine says "Contractor" on it, will it still work?

Mine's a contractor badge as well and has always worked for getting Suncors corporate rate. $26 polarized safety sunglasses are excellent (Msrp of $52).

You should easily be able to get that kind of discount of fire extinguishers since Suncor takes safety "seriously".

E: Spelling & grammar - the heat must be getting to me

McTinkerson fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jun 29, 2015

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Where can I look up these stats? Edmonton international is a pretty pleasant airport compared to others in the country (looking at you Pearson, you multi level poo poo hole).

It's Leduc international, please use the correct name.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Slung Blade posted:

It's Leduc international, please use the correct name.

Not for long!

That puts castrol raceway in the city of edmonton. They'll probably shut it down for being too noisy despite it being a couple hundred feet away from planes taking off.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

You can read all about that poo poo on CADORS.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Helped cook a pancake breakfast at the community hall yesterday morning.

Wandered around my neighbour's farm in the afternoon, shooting gophers.

Found a dead cow that slipped down the creek bank and couldn't right itself.

~Just Alberta Things~

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Slung Blade posted:

~Just Alberta Things~

I miss Manitoba for the same stuff. Replace neighbour with Cousin, but otherwise, yeah. gently caress :(

Onterrible sucks.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Slung Blade posted:

~Just Alberta Things~

Got cut off on the highway yesterday by a jacked up Ram 3500 with a "I'D RATHER BE CUMMIN THAN STROKIN" sticker that filled the rear window and a set of Truck Nutz

~Just Alberta Things~

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

So now it's foggy and drizzling.

That's cool, now it means there will be mosquitoes and stifling humidity to go along with the insane heat this weekend.

Also, gently caress people who follow the leader through left turns at lit intersections without even glancing at the oncoming lane.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Guys, it's too loving hot here.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

MustardFacial posted:

Guys, it's too loving hot here.

Nah, it's not hot enough. I love it when it's this hot.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
edit: nvm, I'm a lovely and hateful human being.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It wasn't me that went stabby at camp. I'm at the OTHER fox creek camp.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

jonathan posted:

It wasn't me that went stabby at camp. I'm at the OTHER fox creek camp.

We have only your word on that, Stabby McKniferson.

EDIT:

jonathan posted:

went stabby at camp.

DrakeriderCa posted:

~Just Alberta Things~

EDIT2:
http://www.weebls-stuff.com/search.html?SearchTerm=Mr%20Stabby

ExecuDork fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jul 1, 2015

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Happy Canada day, friends.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

It's still too hot out, b'ys.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

El Scotch posted:

My buddy and I went for a 3k walk today in Airdrie. There was just enough of a breeze to make it pleasant (the slurpee we got didn't hurt any either).

I don't say that lightly either, since at least some of you guys know how fat I am. My 'people' hate the heat.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

El Scotch posted:

Lard tunn'ern jayus b'y! She's a scar'cher.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

I thought all the Newfs went home.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

MrChips posted:

I thought all the Newfs went home.

That is literally the only Newf I speak. You'd think they'd teach it to us in school like the do French.

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.
Airdrie AI crew checking in.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

MustardFacial posted:

That is literally the only Newf I speak. You'd think they'd teach it to us in school like the do French.

It would certainly be more useful. After all the only thing you need to know about talking to a Québécois is to speak in English but start all your sentences with fuckin' and they'll understand you perfectly.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Mightaswell posted:

Airdrie AI crew checking in.

So you're Calgary AI except you do 30 on residential streets and every time you sell something on kijiji you get a call from somebody in Coventry/Panorama who says they're interested but they don't want to leave the city (but would totally make the drive if you were in Auburn/Seton).
Since I forgot to say it after your earlier intro post, welcome to ABAI dude :)

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Tommychu posted:

So you're Calgary AI except you do 30 on residential streets and every time you sell something on kijiji you get a call from somebody in Coventry/Panorama who says they're interested but they don't want to leave the city (but would totally make the drive if you were in Auburn/Seton).
Since I forgot to say it after your earlier intro post, welcome to ABAI dude :)

I've given up on kijiji for basically that reason. I let my items rot on airdrie VarageSale now. :getin:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
That's the thing that needs Facebook, right? If there's no deals on that thing I'm not giving in and starting a Facebook account.

Send your deals directly to me and I will happily leave the city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

I think you can use the app/site directly now. But yeah it started as a Facebook group.

I have no problem using this thread as a dumping ground for my unwanted things.