Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
It's okay, six days from now you can restart the WHERE'S THE UPDATE, TRIPWIRE??? posts and see what they say then! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Quoting a TW employee from the official forums:

:cry:

Makes perfect sense though :confused:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Quoting a TW employee from the official forums:

:cry:

Next month is six days away so it might hit in a week!

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Skoll posted:

Get better?

I play in pubs; it's a complete crapshoot if the team will be coordinated enough to take them down without being destroyed by trash. :v:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

closeted republican posted:

I play in pubs; it's a complete crapshoot if the team will be coordinated enough to take them down without being destroyed by trash. :v:

So loving post in here, join one of the KF goon groups, etc. Get a loving group going.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Some days, trying to get a group together is :effort:. Can't a game be fun without the absolute need for total in sync teamwork and being forced into a class on lower difficulties?

It will probably get better once support isn't the only class that can deal with the big dudes. Demo and a reworked berserk (not that he isn't able right now, just it seems to be out of most people's reach to do so) will hopefully pick up the slack.

I sure as hell run into the same problem closeted republican does where I am forced to go support in late rounds cause the server is full of people that are just not that good, low leveled, or both.

Don't expect the next patch til mid-July. Tripwire works now on Valve time.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'd say august is a better bet for it.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
My friends and I have been experimenting with the higher difficulties, and Commando has been surprising us as a big zed killer this time around. In Killing Floor 1, he was the king of clearing out trash but struggled with scrakes and fleshpounds. In KF2, you can actually decapitate a scrake on Suicidal before he rages with just the bullpup and less than one mag dump, provided you get all your hits on the scrake's dome.

I think you can see Commando's big turnaround at level 20 when you can take Autofire, which ludicrously DOUBLES his damage output. It really neutralizes the ammo sink of scrakes and is a much faster way of taking them down compared to the admittedly exploit-y way of circle strafing and pinning them so their AI bugs out.

(that said, please don't nerf Autofire, Tripwire :ohdear:)

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Alteisen posted:

I'd say august is a better bet for it.

Joke answer: November, because nearly every other E3 release date is November right? :downs:

If the world ran on an even schedule instead of reality where poo poo takes different amounts of time, we'd be expecting two new perks every other month. Demo/Firebug in July/august, Two more in Sept/Oct, and the last two perks in Nov/Dec just in time for 2015 to close.

But who knows when they will be able to finish such things up. I am hoping to play with gunslinger before October at least.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Section Z posted:

Joke answer: November, because nearly every other E3 release date is November right? :downs:

If the world ran on an even schedule instead of reality where poo poo takes different amounts of time, we'd be expecting two new perks every other month. Demo/Firebug in July/august, Two more in Sept/Oct, and the last two perks in Nov/Dec just in time for 2015 to close.

But who knows when they will be able to finish such things up. I am hoping to play with gunslinger before October at least.

IIRC, their goal is to have the game done by the end of 2015.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

IIRC, their goal is to have the game done by the end of 2015.

Yeah, having all the perks implemented by Nov/Dec would be inside that goal. At least when it comes to the perks.

I wonder what else we are going to get by then? Maps, Perks, The other bosses and assorted fixes are a given.

I'm curious/hopeful alternate game modes or a few other goodies will make their appearance by 2016. Even if they might have their hands full with 6 more perks, their weapons, and the upcoming bosses/maps.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Section Z posted:

Yeah, having all the perks implemented by Nov/Dec would be inside that goal. At least when it comes to the perks.

I wonder what else we are going to get by then? Maps, Perks, The other bosses and assorted fixes are a given.

I'm curious/hopeful alternate game modes or a few other goodies will make their appearance by 2016. Even if they might have their hands full with 6 more perks, their weapons, and the upcoming bosses/maps.

I think you might see another perk revamp or two, like with what they're doing with the Zerk behind the scenes. Otherwise, I think their main focus is getting all of the perks out the door.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

I think you might see another perk revamp or two, like with what they're doing with the Zerk behind the scenes. Otherwise, I think their main focus is getting all of the perks out the door.

Yeah, I'd be perfectly happy with a focus on perks. Though hopefully we'll get the other bosses as well by launch.

Because I'm a sick man who needs help, hopefully the Gunslinger's passives apply to their 9mm. I know I'd feel silly playing a pistols class who's default pistol sucked.

Also, hey Questioner.

KF2 EA box posted:

And a warning: it is almost certain that we will wipe all statistics, including Perk leveling and Achievements one or more times during Early Access!”
This is still on the Steam Store page's EA blurb. You might get a lot less people still asking "Are they wiping stats or not?" despite the E3 announcements if that got removed.

EDIT: vvv We'll it's kind of a given they'd have a perk weapon on spawn, I just have an unhealthy obsession with the 9mm on early waves :downs:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Jun 26, 2015

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Section Z posted:

Yeah, I'd be perfectly happy with a focus on perks. Though hopefully we'll get the other bosses as well by launch.

Because I'm a sick man who needs help, hopefully the Gunslinger's passives apply to their 9mm. I know I'd feel silly playing a pistols class who's default pistol sucked.

Also, hey Questioner.

This is still on the Steam Store page's EA blurb. You might get a lot less people still asking "Are they wiping stats or not?" despite the E3 announcements if that got removed.

I guess they will have two pistols, just like the Medic. I kinda hope the 9mm doesn't get the boost, if only for consistency's sake :v:

immortal flow
Jun 6, 2003
boing boing boing

moot the hopple posted:

My friends and I have been experimenting with the higher difficulties, and Commando has been surprising us as a big zed killer this time around. In Killing Floor 1, he was the king of clearing out trash but struggled with scrakes and fleshpounds. In KF2, you can actually decapitate a scrake on Suicidal before he rages with just the bullpup and less than one mag dump, provided you get all your hits on the scrake's dome.

I think you can see Commando's big turnaround at level 20 when you can take Autofire, which ludicrously DOUBLES his damage output. It really neutralizes the ammo sink of scrakes and is a much faster way of taking them down compared to the admittedly exploit-y way of circle strafing and pinning them so their AI bugs out.

Is auto fire bugged? I noticed a damage boost, but double, really???

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Section Z posted:

Also, hey Questioner.

Wait, there was an announcement stating that stats won't be wiped out before and for release? I sort of stopped playing after the first week because of the expectation of getting level-wiped and wishing not to climb the curve multiple times.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

ZearothK posted:

Wait, there was an announcement stating that stats won't be wiped out before and for release? I sort of stopped playing after the first week because of the expectation of getting level-wiped and wishing not to climb the curve multiple times.

Yes. During E3, Tripwire came on stage, teased us with poo poo that probably won't see the light of day for months and said there would be no wipes.

Also why the gently caress are you already working on Rising Storm 2: Vietnam when you have a half finished game in EA.

Broose fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jun 26, 2015

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Broose posted:

Also why the gently caress are you already working on Rising Storm 2: Vietnam when you have a half finished game in EA.

It's almost like it's possible for a company to have more employees than can work on a single game at the same time.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Lemon Curdistan posted:

It's almost like it's possible for a company to have more employees than can work on a single game at the same time.

Hey, don't you go educating people like that, he could be a BA with that line of thinking.

Mushball
May 23, 2012
Rising Storm 2 is being made by the mod team responsible for Rising Storm 1(Antimatter Games) I don't know if Tripwire is aiding them in any other way aside from publishing. If they are loaning them their engine, then I wholeheartedly welcome a Red Orchestra 3 minus the growing pains of RO2 using the KF engine.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Long as it doesn't negatively impact KF2 development I don't really care. I'd choose KF2 getting done over Rising Storm 2 though.

I'm just pissy about KF2 and how slow it has been going since I love the game so much, but have become rather bored of it now. So I'm sorry.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
New preview update post!

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=110445

The C4's Horzuino board is a thing of beauty.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

immortal flow posted:

Is auto fire bugged? I noticed a damage boost, but double, really???

Well, if it wasn't bugged then a level 20 commando would have a passive 20% damage boost (if that works), so the full auto talent giving +20% on top would ramp that up to +40%, +45% at level 25. Maybe.

Damage buffs and damage buffs stacking feel like they have a history of being loving weird in how they actually work, even when working as intended.

I suppose one easy way to tell, spawn fleshpounds in solo cheatmode, and both the single fire and full auto talents. If it takes a wildly different amount of bullets to kill them with full auto/burst compared to single fire, then yeah something is off.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Broose posted:

Yes. During E3, Tripwire came on stage, teased us with poo poo that probably won't see the light of day for months and said there would be no wipes.

Holy poo poo, that's huge, should be the top thing on their dev blog and community page, I'd have no idea if I wasn't bored and clicked the thread.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

redstormpopcorn posted:

New preview update post!

And now I know what an elevator is called in Swedish.

I wanna see all the posters and billboards on that new map, just so I can complain if they hosed up any of the Danish text.

The flag on the tank appears to be mirrored.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

redstormpopcorn posted:

New preview update post!

Release date would be nice. :geno:

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
They've probably replaced the KF1 pipe bombs with the new demo's C4. And it looks like the new C4 is command detonated, which is definitely an improvement. No more trash blasting off your FP trap.

Tripwire posted:

Tier 4 - RPG 7

So I wonder what the Firebug's Tier 4 is... Husk Gun return maybe?

Tax Oddity
Apr 8, 2007

The love cannon has a very short range, about 2 feet, so you're inevitably out of range. I have to close the distance.
Nevermind, I'm retarded.

Tax Oddity fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jun 26, 2015

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012

redstormpopcorn posted:

New preview update post!

The comments he gave about the Caulk-n-Burn makes it sound like a napalm style weapon to me. Like you have the flamethrower for general duty that goes :flame: on trash and then the CnB for hard targets. Intial damage would be weak, but you could just cake your target with your ghetto napalm and watch as it succumbs to the administered :supaburn:.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

From what I can make out on the Caulk 'n Burn, the canisters loaded into it are brake cleaner.

edit: or starter fluid

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jun 27, 2015

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I think I'd like to see the Siren's effect on the gore using that NVidia Flex thing be reduced. The main body parts lying immobile but the intestines flying about the place seems pretty incongruous to me.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

moot the hopple posted:

Popped on some solo HoE cheats mode. Summoned a bunch of Fleshpounds. As far as I can tell from that, the commando's Autofire talent is not any stronger than the Single fire talent.

Level 20 Commando with a SCAR and both the single fire and autofire talent. 22 headshots, every time. Single fire and full auto.

Again, this was solo HoE. Maybe strange poo poo happens once players scaling gets involved? Or both are bugged to be extra strong (and nobody notices on single fire because they are taking fast reloads/it's slower when firing wildly into a torso) Or maybe when you have a bunch of people who are able to land mostly headshots, suddenly having a total of +40-45% damage instead of a passive +20%-25% makes as much of a difference as you'd expect.

EDIT: While messing around in solo cheats summons time. There is a difference of THREE BULLETS between having the Single Fire/Full Auto talent on or off, when level 20 commando SCAR headclicking solo HoE Fleshpounds. 22 bullets with the talents, 25 bullets without. That doesn't feel very impressive, and they'd just have more health with more players. Likely more impressive when you don't have time to land nothing but headshots and are firing your AK wildly into husks and sirens though.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jun 27, 2015

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

This is so good

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Section Z posted:

Popped on some solo HoE cheats mode. Summoned a bunch of Fleshpounds. As far as I can tell from that, the commando's Autofire talent is not any stronger than the Single fire talent.

Level 20 Commando with a SCAR and both the single fire and autofire talent. 22 headshots, every time. Single fire and full auto.

Again, this was solo HoE. Maybe strange poo poo happens once players scaling gets involved? Or both are bugged to be extra strong (and nobody notices on single fire because they are taking fast reloads/it's slower when firing wildly into a torso) Or maybe when you have a bunch of people who are able to land mostly headshots, suddenly having a total of +40-45% damage instead of a passive +20%-25% makes as much of a difference as you'd expect.

EDIT: While messing around in solo cheats summons time. There is a difference of THREE BULLETS between having the Single Fire/Full Auto talent on or off, when level 20 commando SCAR headclicking solo HoE Fleshpounds. 22 bullets with the talents, 25 bullets without. That doesn't feel very impressive, and they'd just have more health with more players. Likely more impressive when you don't have time to land nothing but headshots and are firing your AK wildly into husks and sirens though.

Sorry, I misspoke earlier, I should have said the damage bonus was doubled with Autofire rather than overall damage output was doubled.

As far as testing, there's definitely a pronounced health difference between solo and full team so the ammo difference does become more meaningful. With 6 people team that are all level 25, we were definitely seeing our commandos popping scrake heads off with the SA80 within a mag before the aggro on Suicidal at least. According to my friend just now, it takes about 3 mags of headshots for a HoE fleshpound at 6 people, which sounds about right.

EDIT: also realizing that I haven't taken into account the various ZED time damage bonuses like Barrage that're affecting damage. I'll try to keep that in mind and see what the damage is like in plain circumstances.

moot the hopple fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jun 27, 2015

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

moot the hopple posted:

Sorry, I misspoke earlier, I should have said the damage bonus was doubled with Autofire rather than overall damage output was doubled.

As far as testing, there's definitely a pronounced health difference between solo and full team so the ammo difference does become more meaningful. With 6 people team that are all level 25, we were definitely seeing our commandos popping scrake heads off with the SA80 within a mag before the aggro on Suicidal at least. According to my friend just now, it takes about 3 mags of headshots for a HoE fleshpound at 6 people, which sounds about right.

EDIT: also realizing that I haven't taken into account the various ZED time damage bonuses like Barrage that're affecting damage. I'll try to keep that in mind and see what the damage is like in plain circumstances.

Yeah, once you are dealing with multiple fleshpounds and scrakes on top of everything else, every spare bullet helps even without the scaling health thrown in.

I'm sure single fire would be a lot more popular if it wasn't competing with fast reloads (and it not working with the AK). Meanwhile, chance to stagger feels a lot more questionable of use compared to more damage when you have thrown the spray and pray panic switch. Unless that actually works relatively often if you are shooting a raged out pound?

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Mar 31, 2022

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Alteisen posted:

Release date would be nice. :geno:

They can't give you a release date when they don't know what the release date is.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

I'm officially hype again. Please kill my blue balls Tripwire.

Is the Berserker/melee rebuild coming in this patch as well? That would technically make it three new perks...

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

splifyphus posted:

It looks very fake and doesn't blend in well at all with the existing gore system. Obscene clouds of organ parts flying everywhere will probably have an adverse effect on visibility too. If that's the final product I'll probably turn it off and just crank up the blood spatter in the ini.
It looks about as ridiculous over the top splatter nonsense as the gore already, which fits KF's tone perfectly for me.

hope it isn't a total performance killer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

RoadCrewWorker posted:

It looks about as ridiculous over the top splatter nonsense as the gore already, which fits KF's tone perfectly for me.

hope it isn't a total performance killer

I'm sure it will be fine as long as people who have edited their ini files remember to lower their body counts. A dozen hotdogs falling out of a bloat and rolling down the stairs will probably hurt a lot more with corpses set to 50+ instead of the default.

Speaking of gore settings, does anybody know what the blood lifetime numbers translate to in real time? I'm figuring it would be more forgiving to drop the body count back to defaults, but crank up the blood effect count and persistence. At least less wondering where in jostling remains of 30 enemies the live crawlers are that way, while still admiring the long term effects of your zed murder.