Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Just hit my first MSQ cockblock at 56.5. As a DRK, is my best/fastest/least painful bet just to keep running The Aery, or should I go do fates/sidequests instead?

Or go play another class or something because :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

Just hit my first MSQ cockblock at 56.5. As a DRK, is my best/fastest/least painful bet just to keep running The Aery, or should I go do fates/sidequests instead?

Mix it up! You're going to get tired of doing any one thing reaaaaal quick.

petcarcharodon
Jun 25, 2013

Mordiceius posted:

How are the new crafting/gathering leves? I was reading that going from 50-52 is like the big hump that's hard to get past. So I thought it might be easier if I just power through those two levels with leves.

As far as i can tell you should just ignore leves past 50 and just do collectables. Though I've only tried fisher so far.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I wish there were more dialog options. After Thordan dumpsters Lahabrea and gives his little speech I wanted there to be an option for your PC to be able to give him a thumbs up. "Ya whatever man, your plan sounds good"
I like that they've taken the time by and large to make understandable villains.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

petcarcharodon posted:

As far as i can tell you should just ignore leves past 50 and just do collectables. Though I've only tried fisher so far.
Making the stuff isn't cheap, 1 leve is worth about 3 collectibles and sometimes they're even the same item.

GC turn ins can be hilarious though, I've personally gotten 800k exp out of a single one, and I've seen people post numbers like 1.2 mil exp.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Are there any guides available for the new gathering stuff? Specifically hidden items from Luck of the Pioneer and w/e the miner version is.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
D people still run CT? Kind of want to put together the Phlegethon set or whatever the hell it's called, it looks ridiculous and is great for DRKs.

Ridinspinnaz
Jan 29, 2009

Iron Tusk posted:

I wish there were more dialog options. After Thordan dumpsters Lahabrea and gives his little speech I wanted there to be an option for your PC to be able to give him a thumbs up. "Ya whatever man, your plan sounds good"
I like that they've taken the time by and large to make understandable villains.

I want the option for my trash can wearing potato paladin to non-committally grunt at more important dialogue choices.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Countblanc posted:

Are there any guides available for the new gathering stuff? Specifically hidden items from Luck of the Pioneer and w/e the miner version is.

Here you go. http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/3aplmm/unspoiled_mining_nodes_30/

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Ciaphas posted:

Do your roulettes every day, that's like 40% of a lvl a day. The side quests arn't that bad either.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jun 27, 2015

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Those must be some pretty amazing turtle eggs. It better be with all the time I spent running around the world collecting stuff for it.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Boogaleeboo posted:

Once you get *all* of them to max you get to do a super quest where they all team up. Which is great, and I think about 9 people in the planet have seen because you have to level all the tribes and I'm never going to loving do that.

I'm just two days away from it. I can't wait.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So if my math is correct, if you are starting at zero rep with the four combat beast tribes (Kobold, Sahagin, Sylph, and Amal'ja), it will take you 45 days to max them out if you do all 12 quests per day.

10 days for the first rank (doing the only three quests you have, 5 rep each)
18 days for the second rank (only doing second tier quests, 7 rep each)
17 days for the third rank (only doing third tier quest, 10 rep each)

That doesn't seem too bad. Before you were looking at 100 days overall. (20 days on first tier (working two tribes at a time), 40 days on second tier (ten days per tribe), 40 days on third tier (10 days per tribe)).

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
This guy is my hero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iLQRt5QT-s

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Are fate groups happening on other servers(on goblin)?, because everything but dragonhead is dead.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

So if my math is correct, if you are starting at zero rep with the four combat beast tribes (Kobold, Sahagin, Sylph, and Amal'ja), it will take you 45 days to max them out if you do all 12 quests per day.

10 days for the first rank (doing the only three quests you have, 5 rep each)
18 days for the second rank (only doing second tier quests, 7 rep each)
17 days for the third rank (only doing third tier quest, 10 rep each)

That doesn't seem too bad. Before you were looking at 100 days overall. (20 days on first tier (working two tribes at a time), 40 days on second tier (ten days per tribe), 40 days on third tier (10 days per tribe)).

If you only take the highest tier quests and work on several at once you rank them all up several days faster.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I just unlocked Dragoon just yesterday, and ever since then my off-GCD skills have been interacting differently in that they constantly break the queue of actions I want to input and now I have a very short cooldown on my GCD skills when I use them. I could have sworn that didn't happen before. What gives?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
57 MSQ Spoiler, those pointy-eared fucks went and killed my fanboy!

If there isn't a quest somewhere down the line called, "You Have Selected Papicide", I'm gonna be annoyed.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Boten Anna posted:

If you only take the highest tier quests and work on several at once you rank them all up several days faster.

I don't recall having to spend a month and a half to max out that first beastman tribe, maybe a month.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Should I be using fracture as a PLD?

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

SwissArmyDruid posted:

57 MSQ Spoiler, those pointy-eared fucks went and killed my fanboy!

If there isn't a quest somewhere down the line called, "You Have Selected Papicide", I'm gonna be annoyed.

Bad news, there isn't one with that name. Good news, there is a quest in the 3.0 MSQ series that references the inanimate carbon rod in its name. (At least, I choose to believe that's what they were going for.)

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

It's a waste of TP, now, except in extremely niche circumstances. I dumped it and now run with Protect, Mercy Stroke, Bloodbath, Stoneskin, and Foresight.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
The lvl 60 DRK quest owns bones.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Haha the new Lolorito voice actor is the loving worst and that's perfect

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Velveteen posted:

Those must be some pretty amazing turtle eggs. It better be with all the time I spent running around the world collecting stuff for it.

Titus must die.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

abraham linksys posted:

Haha the new Lolorito voice actor is the loving worst and that's perfect

Actually it's the best. He can roll them loving Rs. It's beautiful.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Boten Anna posted:

That's exactly how I charted that. Only top tier quests. You just do three quests for all four tribes a day. It's 45 days. That's the fastest you can do it. If you do anything less than the three highest quests, you're wasting time.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

That's exactly how I charted that. Only top tier quests. You just do three quests for all four tribes a day. It's 45 days. That's the fastest you can do it. If you do anything less than the three highest quests, you're wasting time.

Ah I misunderstood then, yeah this is right. When they first came out I generally zerged one of them to be the first to get something (like the bomb chair) but I knew this meant it'd make maxing rep take longer.

Also in case anyone didn't know, there's a quest chain you unlock for maxing all of them. It's very interesting.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Yeah, I only ever maxxed out Ixal. Never touched Amalj'aa or Kobolds. Just about to hit rank 2 in Slyphs and just barely hit rank 2 in Sahagin. Should save me a few days, but I'm still looking at a good 35-40 days to max.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Ravana is a pretty neat fight.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Yes, until you hit 60 and get Royal Authority.

Vermain posted:

It's a waste of TP, now, except in extremely niche circumstances. I dumped it and now run with Protect, Mercy Stroke, Bloodbath, Stoneskin, and Foresight.

Why Protect? In any situation where you'd actually need it, someone else will have it.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Fister Roboto posted:

Yes, until you hit 60 and get Royal Authority.

Why Protect? In any situation where you'd actually need it, someone else will have it.

Saves healer mana and GCDs having to recast it after ressing someone (because Proshell is baked into the ability now).

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Post-Vault cinematics

Geez, they weren't kidding when they said it was Anor Londo the Dungeon. Right down to some fucker getting Ornstein'd right at the end. :v:

:smith:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Thumbtacks posted:

D people still run CT? Kind of want to put together the Phlegethon set or whatever the hell it's called, it looks ridiculous and is great for DRKs.

Having glamours pretty much ensures that at least a few people will always be willing to do x dungeon

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a way to scale down the UI? It feels so intrusive.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
So what is going to be the fastest way to level alt jobs to 60? Doing the highest lvl dungeons and Nthan fates while in queue?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Remember to check what your gear needs for its upgrades, kids.

Because the loving belt uses accessory upgrade items now and you don't want to waste 300 seals on an armor upgrade item you won't use because your belt's your last left side upgrade. :shepicide:

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
How do you add the non steam version to steam so it has an overlay? I can't figure this out.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Robo Reagan posted:

Having glamours pretty much ensures that at least a few people will always be willing to do x dungeon

Also hilarious over-leveling means sometimes people will run it just for the sheer amusement that comes with knocking it the gently caress out in a tenth the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Boogaleeboo posted:

Also hilarious over-leveling means sometimes people will run it just for the sheer amusement that comes with knocking it the gently caress out in a tenth the time.

Is ST possible to do with just one group? Like, how many 60s would it take?

• Locked thread