Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Feenix posted:

I'll do you one better. I allocated points. Then beat an APC. Then died in a Campaign for Disarmament mission and it didn't save.

it does stuff like that all the time.

Your system is glitched then. That isn't how it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

man that whole zeppelin section loving owned, just what a needed after the start of the game was nonstop batmobile. much easier to deal with whatever tank sections there are once you get a big chunk of predator/combat situations.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

ImpAtom posted:

Your system is glitched then. That isn't how it works.

Yup, that or he's just misremembering what you did. Plus, for all the things wrong with it, I don't think anyone's come up with the game randomly not saving.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Origins probably had the tightest story next to Asylum. I think gamebreaking bugs at launch aside, I was just fatigued with the formula after Arkham City came out and maybe others felt the same way.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I think this is crucial and needs to go into the OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BcX6BJ3_EI

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Feenix posted:

I think this is crucial and needs to go into the OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BcX6BJ3_EI

I was wondering how long it would take for that.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Sober posted:

I was wondering how long it would take for that.

Took me about 30 seconds. :)

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
I like how the only prerequisites for becoming the successor to batman is punching like 30 dudes unconscious. That's it. I got fed up with tryin to look at every single rooftop in gotham and just looked up the locations online and finished the whole side quest in literally 10 minutes tops.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Been reading the thread reactions, this game has def been downgraded to buy on sale.

Earlier on folks were talking about pre-orders and unshakeable faith in Rocksteady - I imagine Rocksteady's goodwill has taken a hit here.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

OnimaruXLR posted:

I really wonder what Rocksteady's next project will be. I think they pretty clearly have what it takes to do an original IP, but as a publisher-owned studio the pressure might be on them hardcore to adapt a pre-existing IP with a built-in audience. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up having to do a Batman game again in a Kojima-esque fashion.

There were rumors years ago of this game being set in the Golden/Silver Age instead of what we got now. I wouldn't mind a Super Friends-esque adventure to wash down all the grimdark the Arkham series got. I don't think any video game has adequately covered old-school DC before and with the current comics being kind of a reboot of that era and roster, I could see them doing that.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

hard counter posted:

Been reading the thread reactions, this game has def been downgraded to buy on sale.

Earlier on folks were talking about pre-orders and unshakeable faith in Rocksteady - I imagine Rocksteady's goodwill has taken a hit here.

If you're a PC gamer, yeah. My PS4 experience was stellar, game looked and played fantastically. Xbone's apparently fine too, though I don't know personally.

I did have two glitches--one where when I loaded every time I instantly clipped straight through the map, but that was fixed when I quit and reloaded. The other was one where it didn't save properly after a death and I lost like a half hour of pouncing on drones. But hey, not bad for a day one purchase.

I wouldn't normally day one buy, but Polygon's review (I know, I know) was so positive that I bought it anyway. Surprisingly enough, I feel pretty much the same about the game as they did. Owns bones and is the most batman thing to ever batman yet.

Dishwasher posted:

There were rumors years ago of this game being set in the Golden/Silver Age instead of what we got now. I wouldn't mind a Super Friends-esque adventure to wash down all the grimdark the Arkham series got. I don't think any video game has adequately covered old-school DC before and with the current comics being kind of a reboot of that era and roster, I could see them doing that.
I will be shocked if their next game isn't Justice League, there were a ton of references to JL stuff. Pretty much only hero that didn't get a shout out is Green Lantern, who I can't really see working in a game unless it's like a Scribblenauts title or something.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jun 26, 2015

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Can I just say that Officer Boulden is the best character in a batman related thing.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Apparently Joker's hat in the Killing Joke's shooting Barbara flashback says... "Flashback"

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

lelandjs posted:

I will be shocked if their next game isn't Justice League, there were a ton of references to JL stuff. Pretty much only hero that didn't get a shout out is Green Lantern, who I can't really see working in a game unless it's like a Scribblenauts title or something.

I would much rather have a Deathstroke / suicide squad game to be honest.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Can someone tell me what's the deal with the riddler trophy on that tower? With the Pie numbers on it.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

lelandjs posted:

If you're a PC gamer, yeah. My PS4 experience was stellar, game looked and played fantastically. Xbone's apparently fine too, though I don't know personally.

I did have two glitches--one where when I loaded every time I instantly clipped straight through the map, but that was fixed when I quit and reloaded. The other was one where it didn't save properly after a death and I lost like a half hour of pouncing on drones. But hey, not bad for a day one purchase.

I wouldn't normally day one buy, but Polygon's review (I know, I know) was so positive that I bought it anyway. Surprisingly enough, I feel pretty much the same about the game as they did. Owns bones and is the most batman thing to ever batman yet.

There is a Ferris Mall. Which I assume is a Ferris Air reference.

Also batman brave and bold had a video game.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Kurtofan posted:

Can I just say that Officer Boulden is the best character in a batman related thing.

He studied horticulture in college.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

hard counter posted:

Honestly to me Rocksteady's goodwill is still fine for me, WB's is not.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Is there a fix floating around for the awful texture pop in on the PC? I swear if I walk into a room certain textures will take up to 5-10 seconds to load while looking that them. I'm playing off an SSD and fairly new specs so I can't imagine it's that.

fortocero
Jul 23, 2007

I could feel his muscle tissues collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm.

Mr E posted:

Honestly to me Rocksteady's goodwill is still fine for me, WB's is not.

Yeah, between this and MKX WB seems to just shop out the PC port to lovely devs/not give them enough time. Rocksteady produced a great game on xbone and ps4. I don't hold Rocksteady at fault here, assuming it wasn't entirely their decision to outsource the PC port.

mrfishstick
Oct 15, 2005
The current "fix" for the PC version is to wrangle a refund and buy a console version. Short of that being an option, it's pretty much pray for news of a patch in the next few weeks but so far it's been total radio silence on that front.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Thugs are just the best post game.

Oh oh, look out he's coming to get us in the Waynemobile.
I wouldn't want to get hit by one of those Waynearangs

:allears:

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

mrfishstick posted:

The current "fix" for the PC version is to wrangle a refund and buy a console version. Short of that being an option, it's pretty much pray for news of a patch in the next few weeks but so far it's been total radio silence on that front.

There are a few ini fixes floating around, I was just hoping maybe that was one of them. I got mine free with my 970 and I don't particularly feel like buying another copy so it's patience for me I guess.

mrfishstick
Oct 15, 2005
I gave a few of them a try, the steam guide one posted a few pages back specifically, no real improvement in performance. Whatever is causing the memory leak in particular seems really crippling. If I attempt to play for more then 30 minutes at a time the game just becomes an unresponsive stutter-fest.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Kurtofan posted:

Can someone tell me what's the deal with the riddler trophy on that tower? With the Pie numbers on it.

Those are map coordinates to a timer switch.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
It's been driving me nuts, what's the riddler picture I have to take near or around the Pinkney Orphanage?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Calaveron posted:

It's been driving me nuts, what's the riddler picture I have to take near or around the Pinkney Orphanage?

Catwoman? (Like the necklace eddy gave her)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Does anyone know how to reset any of the watchtowers? It's on the Sionis tower near the GCPD, I've cleared it out, exploded the computer thing-a-ma-bob, but it still says I haven't completed it.

I'm thinking I'm hosed.

EDIT: n/m game bugged out and told me the final watchtower was one I'd already cleared out. Found the last one on an entirely different island. GOTY Every Year :downs:

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jun 27, 2015

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Mokinokaro posted:

Those are map coordinates to a timer switch.

That makes sense, thanks.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

bunnyofdoom posted:

Catwoman? (Like the necklace eddy gave her)

No, I mean outside. I get "subject is too small" or "subject is obscured" every time I use it near it/looking at it from the front.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Mogomra posted:

I never had any issues following Firefly. Except when this happened...

The Batmobile would go forward, but I couldn't turn or use the afterburner. Then it started bugging me to flip it over even though it was on all four tires. I tried to get out and get back in, but I fell right through the ground. At least it didn't autosave with me down there. :downs:

Firefly was still way easier than Arkham Knights troop transport dudes, which still weren't that bad. If they gave me 100 more missions to chase after dudes in the Batmobile, I'd be happy.

Jesus, it's like Arkham Origins all over again.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Fargin Icehole posted:

Jesus, it's like Arkham Origins all over again.

It's not. It's really, really not. As bad as this launch has been, its problems have been almost entirely exclusive to the people doing the port, and with graphics issues. Origins' problems were systemic and pervasive.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Calaveron posted:

What's the clue?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Infinitum posted:

Thugs are just the best post game.

Oh oh, look out he's coming to get us in the Waynemobile.
I wouldn't want to get hit by one of those Waynearangs

:allears:
Yeah I love the post game lines so much

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

It's not. It's really, really not. As bad as this launch has been, its problems have been almost entirely exclusive to the people doing the port, and with graphics issues. Origins' problems were systemic and pervasive.

... Really? Because there's a big tank-shaped mechanical device which many people would disagree with you on.

I mean I enjoyed Knight a lot, but at bare minimum it has one thing which, at very best, is "some people will like this, some people will hate this."

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The batmobile is the GTA 4 car handling of this game. Only noobies hate it.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The batmobile is the GTA 4 car handling of this game. Only noobies hate it.

I like it

But...
The tank combat stuff just seems like it belongs in a diffrent game.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
So the 2 best characters in the game are Officer Boulden and the lonely checkpoint commander

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

ImpAtom posted:

... Really? Because there's a big tank-shaped mechanical device which many people would disagree with you on.

I mean I enjoyed Knight a lot, but at bare minimum it has one thing which, at very best, is "some people will like this, some people will hate this."

There's a pretty big difference between "this feature seems like it's overemphasized" and "poor design causes some basic unlocks to be permanently missable", or "the game permanently sends me through the floor and saves my file there".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Norns posted:

The tank combat stuff just seems like it belongs in a diffrent game.
Yep. Batman using the batmobile to chase down a villain or blow a hole in a wall is appropriate. Batman engaging in 30 identical battles of tank warfare is retarded and is filler in an otherwise great game.

• Locked thread