Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

in 2050 there will be no middle class, an enormous lower class that cannot afford self driving cars, and the rich will perma-work-from-home in gated mansion blocks with armed guards out of pants-making GBS threads fear of the people outside. who the gently caress is going to be using a self driving car

you're right

it'll be self driving buses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Smythe posted:

how do u get to the beach. also how do u bring ur surf board to the beach in a google car. this is bullshit

rising oceans means the beach will come to you

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Smythe posted:

how do u get to the beach. also how do u bring ur surf board to the beach in a google car. this is bullshit

U can't afford to go to the beach hth

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

Jonny 290 posted:

in 2050 there will be no middle class, an enormous lower class that cannot afford self driving cars, and the rich will perma-work-from-home in gated mansion blocks with armed guards out of pants-making GBS threads fear of the people outside. who the gently caress is going to be using a self driving car

why would the poor need to afford a driverless car when theres a fleet of uber autocabs in every neighbourhood

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

U can't afford to go to the beach hth

the beach is cheap entertainment fucker

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Smythe posted:

what do u think the likelehood is by the time were old and grey that all driverless vehicles will have a standard communication protocol so its like one giant train or w/e but of individual cars seamlessly entering and exiting transport zones like blood cells do or w.e idk how of this works.

yeah, the tech bubble companies and car manufacturers are both really great at developing standard protocols which they use fairly and cooperatively with their competitors.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

1% of google's new hires in 2014 identified as black

Rachel dolezal has proven that if you cN just get more employees to identify as black, your diversity stats will change literally overnight

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

Smythe posted:

you put on your microsoft windows on the world occulus hololense facebook helmet for windows 11 home enhanced premium home skype edition(TM) and your living room is transformed into an exotic beach getaway free of pollution or slicks of dead algae or washed up refugee corpses

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

bassguitarhero posted:

Rachel dolezal has proven that if you cN just get more employees to identify as black, your diversity stats will change literally overnight

it was like of 10,000 hires, 100 were black and 3000 were south Asian

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

it was like of 10,000 hires, 100 were black and 3000 were south Asian

south Asians don't make white people feel guilty or scared tho

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
cars wont go away for a while because they represent a special cubbyhole where youcan store your guns/drugs and a cop generally cant search inside without probable cause or a warrant.

americans love that poo poo

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

crusader_complex posted:

cars wont go away for a while because they represent a special cubbyhole where youcan store your guns/drugs and a cop generally cant search inside without probable cause or a warrant.

i'm not seeing a problem with having a place where the cops need a good reason to get in

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
like that's literally what "probable cause or a warrant" means. it means the cops have to have either a blatantly obvious good reason, or a reason good enough to pass review by a judge. that sounds like possibly the least offensive thing for americans to love.

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
agreed. i was too facetious about the guns n drugs part. i just dont see a bunch of people giving up their portable sovereignty.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
why would anyone want to give up freedom?

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012

Shaggar posted:

why would anyone want to give up freedom?

they dont, which is a huge barrier to self driving cars imo

which i daresay is [checks thread political compass] ... good?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Smythe posted:

the beach is cheap entertainment fucker

all public beaches will be sold to private corps to pay off municipal/state debts

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
why would self driving cars not be legally the same as driven cars? they are still private property.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Shaggar posted:

why would self driving cars not be legally the same as driven cars? they are still private property.

yes lets let rich people blame their mowing down of poor people on 'bad code'

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
mistakes made by self-driving cars are by default the responsibility of the vehicle owner because lol at the idea of any self-driving car manufacturer taking ownership of a significant portion of all vehicle deaths everywhere

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Shaggar posted:

well if you're just renting them from a service, the company that owns it can let the cops in

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

Chris Knight posted:

all public beaches will be sold to private corps to pay off municipal/state debts

that or just hidden sidewalks and overpasses intentionally too low for the busses as has been the norm

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
if the car crashes, the rideshare info app company will simply terminate their relationship with that particular maintenance contractor

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

crusader_complex posted:

if the car crashes, the rideshare info app company will simply terminate their relationship with that particular maintenance contractor

the contracts will be constantly terminated and renewed using HFT techniques so that if there is ever a >10mS 'contract sign' response time they are auto dropped and they terminated their relationship with UberGoogleLeap before the incident, your honor

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonny 290 posted:

the contracts will be constantly terminated and renewed using HFT techniques so that if there is ever a >10mS 'contract sign' response time they are auto dropped and they terminated their relationship with UberGoogleLeap before the incident, your honor

:stonklol:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Nintendo Kid posted:

well if you're just renting them from a service, the company that owns it can let the cops in

yeah it would just be like normal cars.

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

meanwhile the car is still in mid-crash

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

crusader_complex posted:

meanwhile the car is still in mid-crash

precisely

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

like that's literally what "probable cause or a warrant" means. it means the cops have to have either a blatantly obvious good reason, or a reason good enough to pass review by a judge

or just find a judge who will accept that the police officer's highly trained senses spotted a roach of the dreaded marijuana across three lanes of freeway traffic and through the vinyl of the closed glove compartment and was honor and duty bound to smash the driver side window and then shoot the vehicle's occupants when they protested in order to protect our streets from the scourge of the demon dope

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

crusader_complex posted:

white person found

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

crusader_complex posted:

they represent a special cubbyhole where youcan store your guns/drugs and a cop generally cant search inside without probable cause or a warrant.

this is contradicted by the fact that american's seem to be very concerned with what people put in their butt

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

angry_keebler posted:

or just find a judge who will accept that the police officer's highly trained senses spotted a roach of the dreaded marijuana across three lanes of freeway traffic and through the vinyl of the closed glove compartment and was honor and duty bound to smash the driver side window and then shoot the vehicle's occupants when they protested in order to protect our streets from the scourge of the demon dope

tbf while this thread's spiralling hysterics are amusing and all the battle for legal weed in the usa has been all but won by this point

it's still de jure illegal in washington and colorado etc but the feds have adopted a policy of not giving a gently caress and the lure of tax revenue at the state level is too strong to stop this snowball from building

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Main Paineframe posted:

white person found

in yospos??

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
bernie sanders

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

bernie sanders

:bernget:

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

angry_keebler posted:

don't post my daydreams

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Mr Dog posted:

tbf while this thread's spiralling hysterics are amusing and all the battle for legal weed in the usa has been all but won by this point

it's still de jure illegal in washington and colorado etc but the feds have adopted a policy of not giving a gently caress and the lure of tax revenue at the state level is too strong to stop this snowball from building

i could see b-rock at least attempting Legalizing It right before he skates

his legacy will be etched in stone

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you want states rights? fine. we'll legalize and you as a state can decide if you want to gently caress around with a billion dollars a year of free tax revenue, or if you wanna just keep drinking yourself into a wifebeating, joblosing mess

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Jonny 290 posted:

you want states rights? fine. we'll legalize and you as a state can decide if you want to gently caress around with a billion dollars a year of free tax revenue, or if you wanna just keep drinking yourself into a wifebeating, joblosing mess

State's right to party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jonny 290 posted:

most peopel claiming that we'll have driverless cars in 2050 or whatever are probably suffering the effects of a gas leak in their immediate surroundings

like how loving dumb do you have to be to sip that koolaid

excuse me? i'm a twenty-something millenial and i'm owed this

• Locked thread