Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Crow Jane posted:

My boss's five year old daughter is obsessed with presidents, for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.
I work in the produce section at a grocery store, and a little girl was looking at peaches when her mom came over and asked if there were any that were soft. "There are a few, but a lot of these could kill someone." :black101:

She was totally right though, a lot of them were hard as rocks.

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Do I have to do it like this?
My mom and younger sister are watching 3 kids during the week this summer, a boy and two girls. Last week, they were all playing tag, and the boy and one of the girls ran into each other, and somehow, in the process, the boy managed to bite the girl he ran into. She then ran to go tell my mom.

:argh:: HE BIT ME!
:colbert:: You don't know me. You don't know my life.

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!

Crow Jane posted:

My boss's five year old daughter is obsessed with presidents, for some reason. Makes him read her encyclopedia entries about them in lieu of bedtime stories, has a poster of all of them on her wall, etc. Last Christmas, he told her they were going to watch the Garfield special, one of his childhood favorites, and she got really excited. After a few minutes, she got really pouty and told him to turn it off. When he asked why, she replied, very accusingly:

"You told me this was about President Garfield, and it's just about an orange cat :mad:"

Sounds like the sweet girl who was on Ellen a little while ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFismjYRcRM

Seems like these two would be the best of friends :3:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Aristophanes posted:

Sounds like the sweet girl who was on Ellen a little while ago

Oh my gosh! She's adorable.

Re: videogame chat - when my niece was about three she crept into my room when I was playing World of Warcraft and watched wide-eyed as I killed a bandit or something, then dissolved into giggles for about half a minute, then got incredibly serious and said, "Is he really killed?" These days she plays Minecraft and is an indiscriminate slaughterer of villagers.

BoredByThis
Jul 13, 2001

Watch out! I'll attract you too!
My little dude is turning two in July. He was lying on the changing table getting all set up for his nap and had been picking his nose a little bit. My wife hadn't been paying attention to what he had been doing. He gave my wife what he had found in there and when she asked what it was he responded with.

"It's part of my nose."

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

Animals are like humans, always being dicks.
There was a little kid at the train station the other day who was absolutely insistent that 'babies are louder than trains.'

'Well,' her mum says, 'some of them are very noisy.'

'BABIES ARE LOUDER THAN TRAINS.'

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm not sure this counts, but this kid has an awesome reaction to something.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Saw this on buzzfeed but I thought it was loving great.

When my daughter was 6-years-old I was pregnant with my second child. We explained to her that my egg and her daddy's sperm made her, and my egg and her step dad's sperm made the baby. My daughter's response? "That's really nice that you gave them each a turn."

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I was skyping with my son, talking about 5 year old stuff and my 3 year old starting throwing a poo poo fit screaming how she "had to talk to daddy" and she had "to tell daddy something" so her uncle put the camera on her and she brushed her hair out of her face and said "um daddy? Youre handsome!" and then ran away to go play

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

omnibobb posted:

I was skyping with my son, talking about 5 year old stuff and my 3 year old starting throwing a poo poo fit screaming how she "had to talk to daddy" and she had "to tell daddy something" so her uncle put the camera on her and she brushed her hair out of her face and said "um daddy? Youre handsome!" and then ran away to go play

:3: I love this.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

My coworkers kid thought the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park were real, and then wondered how they had a camera to record them after being told dinosaurs died out millions of years ago. After finally being convinced Jurassic Park wasn't real, he said he knew for a fact that Walking Dead was the real deal. In his mind Georgia is overrun by zombies.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Die Laughing posted:

My coworkers kid thought the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park were real, and then wondered how they had a camera to record them after being told dinosaurs died out millions of years ago. After finally being convinced Jurassic Park wasn't real, he said he knew for a fact that Walking Dead was the real deal. In his mind Georgia is overrun by zombies.

He's not wrong.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

omnibobb posted:

Well to be fair, it was pretty important. :kimchi:

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
Tonight being Friday, I'm letting the 10-year-old stay up as late as he wants, on the condition that he put himself to bed, and if he's grumpy in the morning we'll rethink this plan.

Kid, at 10:30, plopping on the couch: "Now, if only I had a bag of potato chips, and I liked soda ... I could be a real kid."

KillerEggplant
Apr 2, 2011

That's adorable. :kimchi:

I find kids' definitions of states of being interesting - my daughter apparently feels that one of the conditions of "being a grownup" is wearing glasses, and will occasionally tell us that she wants to have clear glasses (as opposed to sunglasses) so that she can be a grownup. Logical enough, considering that all the adults regularly in her life wear glasses at least some of the time. I remember thinking, in the same vein, that I needed to learn to drink coffee to be a grownup, so I started asking for morning coffee around 12 or 13,.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
My parents tried to discourage that by saying I could only drink coffee black. So I convinced myself to drink black coffee at age 13. :black101:

I also have had a stomach ulcer.

KillerEggplant
Apr 2, 2011

Not gonna lie, I'm impressed.

Mulloy
Jan 3, 2005

I am your best friend's wife's sword student's current roommate.
Took my daughter (7) to the amusement park this week. She chose the first ride and began crying and being scared almost immediately after it began, but when it was over calmed down and chose a second which takes you upside down and same thing, as soon as it went inverted she started crying and saying she wanted it to end. Again she calms down and picks a third which brings you up 200 feet, holds you there, then lets you free fall. As soon as we get to the top she looks out over the park and sighs, "This is the worst day of my life."

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

Mulloy posted:

Took my daughter (7) to the amusement park this week. She chose the first ride and began crying and being scared almost immediately after it began, but when it was over calmed down and chose a second which takes you upside down and same thing, as soon as it went inverted she started crying and saying she wanted it to end. Again she calms down and picks a third which brings you up 200 feet, holds you there, then lets you free fall. As soon as we get to the top she looks out over the park and sighs, "This is the worst day of my life."

I'm sorry but I'm in tears of laughter trying to imagine this.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Mulloy posted:

She's just making sure she has the best story of how brave she is to tell her friends later!

Mulloy
Jan 3, 2005

AfroSquirrel posted:

She's just making sure she has the best story of how brave she is to tell her friends later!

Oh she's going to be the queen of the family when she gets to talk to her cousins and associates later this week.

Werner-Boogle
Jan 23, 2009

Eponine posted:

My parents tried to discourage that by saying I could only drink coffee black. So I convinced myself to drink black coffee at age 13. :black101:

I also have had a stomach ulcer.

I don't mean to be pedantic, but coffee does not cause ulcers! :eng101:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Werner-Boogle posted:

They never said it did. It's just a bunch of facts!

Mulloy
Jan 3, 2005

Prior to the local amusement park we went to Disneyland and she got one of those minnie mouse hats with the bridal veil/train on it. I randomly picked it up and put it on and said "Look! I'm a Disney Princess!" and immediately she responded with "No Dad, you're a Disney Queen."

Throughout her life we've spoken to her with normal English, so she's never had the "baby" accent or what have you, but it pains me when I have to correct her. So far my desire to have her speak clearly has caused me to put an end to "Murdercycle" for motorcycle and "cantaloupe" for Antelope. (She was very excited to have found cantaloupe tracks.)

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Mulloy posted:

Prior to the local amusement park we went to Disneyland and she got one of those minnie mouse hats with the bridal veil/train on it. I randomly picked it up and put it on and said "Look! I'm a Disney Princess!" and immediately she responded with "No Dad, you're a Disney Queen."

Throughout her life we've spoken to her with normal English, so she's never had the "baby" accent or what have you, but it pains me when I have to correct her. So far my desire to have her speak clearly has caused me to put an end to "Murdercycle" for motorcycle and "cantaloupe" for Antelope. (She was very excited to have found cantaloupe tracks.)

My niece called tomatoes "nay-nos" for way too long because we refused to stop encouraging it.

Now her emoji game is top notch when she texts me on her grandma's phone (if you ignore the constant use of the smiling poop). The best one from her recent vacation was "I am kicking back and relaxing!!! [flying money flying money flying money]"

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Werner-Boogle posted:

Ha! I knew it! Everytime I have some kind of physical ailment my boss says it's because of coffee. Turns out it doesn't cause migraines, either.

JustAurora
Apr 17, 2007

Nature vs. Nurture, man!
Caffeine withdrawal sure as hell can though.

In Kids Say the Darndest things:

When student teaching in an earth science classroom we were talking about natural resources and scarcity. We brought up artificial scarcity and diamonds and the actual teacher brought up an article that she had read about how people were having their cremains turned into diamonds. Which lead to one kid saying

"So wait, you're saying that when I propose, instead of using my grandmother's ring, I can propose *WITH* my grandmother!?"

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

To be fair I immediately thought the same type of thing.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Mulloy posted:

You're making the world a less fun place. :black101:

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
Or eldest, who is 3, has only recently really understood what dreams are. This just happened as my wife was putting the kids to bed:

Zach: Mummy, I had another dream.
Wife: Oh yes darling? What was it about?
Zach: Dinosaurs, and it was scary. I loved it.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
From my friend's Facebook. She has an adorable, precocious nearly-3-year-old daughter.

Kid: "I need you to open my fire truck."
Mom: "Does it open?"
Kid: "Yes, it opens very well."
Mom: "How do I open it?"
Kid: "You need to get a hammer."

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Borrowed my 4 year old niece's iPad for a moment and Siri said "Hello, Hairy Buttface"

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Friday night was town fireworks. Beforehand while waiting the crowd spied some chinese lanterns floating off. The toddler in the group waved at them and happily said "bye! See you later!" :3:

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
My 7-year-old just came in to tell me, "My brain is hurting because I watched a video about the ways you die in a black hole and they're messing with the rules of the universe."

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
My 6 year old boy was beside me watching some youtube video about making tires or something and I heard him mumble to himself "Hmmmm I hope I remember this when i'm an adult"

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

I bought my 2 1/2 year old a plush cheeseburger for $5. He's been carrying it around all day saying "I love you, Cheeseburger" I crack up every time.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

pookel posted:

My 7-year-old just came in to tell me, "My brain is hurting because I watched a video about the ways you die in a black hole and they're messing with the rules of the universe."

Every time you tell stories about your kid, I imagine he's a really short adult you live with, because that's how he seems tbh

Tourette Meltdown
Sep 11, 2001

Most people with Tourette Syndrome are able to hold jobs and lead full lives. But not you.
My son isn't quite two so he doesn't string words together nearly as often as he says them individually, but when he does it's virtually guaranteed he'll be saying "hot baby."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

cash crab posted:

Every time you tell stories about your kid, I imagine he's a really short adult you live with, because that's how he seems tbh
Except for how he wants to do nothing but play videogames all day, and can't stand losing games or he screams and loses his poo poo, and can't handle being contradicted on anything ....

So basically he's a very short goon, yeah.