Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Crafting deffo needed some work in terms of how you get the materials, but it makes you a gently caress of a lot stronger both offensively and defensively if you're doing it right, so I understand why it levels you. Everyone just does alchemy to make money, though. I wish crafting stuff was just something every character could do without having to spend the leveling perks. Gating the material you need to build brokenly powerful things would solve any problems with just making everyone a master craftsman IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Healbot posted:

Nah, it's been pervasive throughout these last two console generations.

Last console generation gamers said it was because it was too hard to put out patches. This console generation they're saying it's because it's too easy to put out patches.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
back in my day if Ultima 6 wouldn't run you had to make your own boot disk out of wild guesses and we liked it!!!!

also though EB Games would let you return opened software if you told them "it won't run on my comouter"

so it's all coming full circle

though honestly i don't know why people buy console games on PC anyway (esp. something like arkham knight)

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

precision posted:

though honestly i don't know why people buy console games on PC anyway (esp. something like arkham knight)

triggered

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

precision posted:

In theory the PC version should be the definitive version, at 60fps with all the extra graphical bells and whistles maxed. In practice you have a good point though

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

precision posted:

back in my day if Ultima 6 wouldn't run you had to make your own boot disk out of wild guesses and we liked it!!!!

also though EB Games would let you return opened software if you told them "it won't run on my comouter"

so it's all coming full circle

Because they don't own a console. :geno:

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

CJacobs posted:

Because they don't own a console. :geno:

Shoot I still buy games on PC, even though I have a PS4. Usually they are much cheaper.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

precision posted:

Because literally everything other than f2p MOBAs is a console game.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Sleeveless posted:

Because literally everything other than f2p MOBAs is a console game.

Not true MOBAS are coming to Android and IOS.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
The only true PC exclusive is SC2 sadly

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

if youre buying collectors editions with plastic toys of a toy you are a loving child sorry

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Stux posted:

if youre buying collectors editions with plastic toys of a toy you are a loving child sorry

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Stux posted:

Bold statement. Counterpoint: Children don't have money. Checkmate.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Stux posted:

if youre buying collectors editions with plastic toys of a toy you are loving a child sorry

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

might as well have posted a my little pony toy

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The NX stands for Nacho X-Treme and Nintendo patented "la-cuca-racha" as the system start up jingle.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Pirate Jet posted:

The Arkham Knight PC port is great because it makes me feel really smug about all the people who literally swore off buying Rockstar games because the PC port of GTAV got delayed.

It amuses me that when a game sucks on consoles, PC gamers take it as proof that their lifestyle is the best, but when the opposite happens, consoles are "loving PCs over." It must be nice to live in a world where you're never wrong.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm so jelly I'm jam.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Lurdiak posted:

It amuses me that when a game sucks on consoles, PC gamers take it as proof that their lifestyle is the best, but when the opposite happens, consoles are "loving PCs over." It must be nice to live in a world where you're never wrong.

Most of the PC Gamers post in D&D this is not surprising.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
PC gaming is the best, warts and all, namaste

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Apropos of nothing: more games needs saxophones on their soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbDmYQiQ3j8

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

program666 posted:

oh right, they removed attributes, removing skills from fallout is way way worse then
literally every Bethesda game from now on will have three "stats/skills": fightan, magickan, and thievan. Goons will defend this as necessary streamlining because all old stuff is bad and too confusing. lmao if you think there's any other possible future

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Sleeveless posted:

Apropos of nothing: more games needs saxophones on their soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbDmYQiQ3j8

poo poo sounds like Waverace 64

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Lurdiak posted:

It must be nice to live in a world where you're never wrong.

This world has existed for quite a while now. It's called "The Internet."

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

The Taint Reaper posted:

The NX stands for Nacho X-Treme and Nintendo patented "la-cuca-racha" as the system start up jingle.

Sold!

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Microsoft has it beat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcoUyrjzs6Y

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I play on the PC because the only console I can afford is the Wii U, and most of the games I would want to play for the other consoles come out on PC. I also like using the keyboard and WASD. I always hope that the console versions are good for those of my gaming friends who play on a console, but when the PC version is good i am the most excited, because it's the one I will actually play.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

I freaking love the product.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Splatoon is the best game to have come out this year. Who gives a poo poo that theres also toys. What are you trying to say.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
toys are for children and videogames are toys

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

corn in the bible posted:

YOU'RE A TOY NOW

YOU'RE A GAME NOW

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

"I'm VERY in touch with my inner child!!" - Ocelot, Metal Gear Solid: Human Revolution

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eomeR8Q0qM

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Good.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

*banging my rattle against my high chair*

I LOVE GAMES!!

*opens a package of fruit snacks and grabs controller*

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Valkyria Chronicles is fun

am I correct in assuming that "give scouts cover while they madly sprint towards the objective like a demented anime WW2 Sonic the Hedgehog" is the correct strategy for 90% of the game

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Is the PC port of Valkyria Chronicles any good? It got some bad publicity at first, but I had a roommate who played it on the PS3, and it looked really addictive, even if the cut scenes all made me cringe.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Valkyria Chronicles is fun

am I correct in assuming that "give scouts cover while they madly sprint towards the objective like a demented anime WW2 Sonic the Hedgehog" is the correct strategy for 90% of the game

Scout rushing is a 100% effective but boring solution to most maps, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

Is the PC port of Valkyria Chronicles any good? It got some bad publicity at first, but I had a roommate who played it on the PS3, and it looked really addictive, even if the cut scenes all made me cringe.
Yeah it's fine. Too many cutscenes and it's anime as gently caress but the gameplay is really fun

• Locked thread