Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
I work in the deli at what is basically a locally owned Whole Foods and you guys got me wanting tongue. I asked at the meat counter and we don't carry it because wealthy white people never ever buy it. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Samfucius posted:

I work in the deli at what is basically a locally owned Whole Foods and you guys got me wanting tongue. I asked at the meat counter and we don't carry it because wealthy white people never ever buy it. :(

Another reason white people are the worst

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Samfucius posted:

That's why I'm enjoying the sous vide suggestion so much.

Kiebland
Feb 22, 2012
I haven't tried beef tongue, but ox tongue is basically a really soft and tender roast beef. It's delicious.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

MicrowavesMom posted:

Oh right yes hilarious I'm sure. I suppose this is from some show on HBO or whatever that "unironically owns" and we're all meant to know every loving reference and comment that was ever made about it. Well OK we're all ready for 2 pages of clever quotes from this poo poo show so have at it you sheep assholes. God I hate this place, the thread is full of pansitionses and manioches as it is and now we have to put up with some downloaded garbage celebrating the loving of the king's sister or whatever so we can say "oh aren't I funny cause I took a picdageuro of a television screen". Well thanks Mr John Logie Baird for the update, you obviously like blood and sheepskin and extramicale too much and like to cry like Bear Bryant at a sentindonial bbq when you sit and celebrate the masturbatory zenith of your subscription system. You're as bad as Evin Eubanks. You're as bad as the Roots are now. I wa

Lol

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Samfucius posted:

When wealth goes up people tend to eat more meat in general. Enough wealth and they only take the "best" cuts and just flat out won't buy the rest of the stuff. People with enough money to will shy away from "icky" parts of animals. Which is a shame, really. Stuff like blood sausage is drat good if it's made right. Never had beef tongue but now I want to try it. Sounds fantastic.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Since I had beef tongue tacos, ground or steak beef tacos seem really lovely in comparison. Tongue is so drat tender and flavorful. The only thing that comes close is cheek.

Literally any real Mexican taco place will have it. It will probably be pretty cheap.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
I think some guy in the Charcuterie thread in GWS made a beef tongue pastrami. gently caress that guy forever. gently caress him and his beautiful amazing pictures.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
This discussion has changed my life. Beef tongue tacos! Beef tongue breakfast cereal! Beef tongue shoes!

This is pretty much my life now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5YRXJ3C_Hw

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
When I tried it years ago at a Mexican restaurant, I found beef tongue disappointing after being built up. I guess I expected some different flavor than well, beef meat. Yeah, it's tender, but so's a lot of things. :shrug:

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

This discussion has changed my life. Beef tongue tacos! Beef tongue breakfast cereal! Beef tongue shoes!

This is pretty much my life now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tScAyNaRdQ

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Crosspost from the things that look NWS thread.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

"There's a poo poo in my boot"

sinon
Sep 28, 2005

TontoCorazon posted:

"There's a snake in my poop"

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

TontoCorazon posted:

"Somebody's poisoned my rear end in a top hat!"

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Coming to E! in 2-20 years, it's the other Kanye-Kim baby!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

The MSJ posted:

It's already soulless and emotionless!

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Thump! posted:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The MSJ posted:

I see they're going to start marketing RealDolls to women as well.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I see they're going to start marketing RealDolls to women as well.

http://www.somethingawful.com/awful-links/reborn-dolls/

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

The MSJ posted:

What 'choo talking about Willis?

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Kiebland posted:

I haven't tried beef tongue, but ox tongue is basically a really soft and tender roast beef. It's delicious.
They're the same thing, really.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

kinmik posted:

I think some guy in the Charcuterie thread in GWS made a beef tongue pastrami. gently caress that guy forever. gently caress him and his beautiful amazing pictures.

Is that the thread where the guy posted what looked like a rotting human leg asking for tips?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

13Pandora13 posted:

Since I had beef tongue tacos, ground or steak beef tacos seem really lovely in comparison. Tongue is so drat tender and flavorful. The only thing that comes close is cheek.

Oh man. Get me some ramen with pork cheek.

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe

Thump! posted:

you're my favorite wetdoodie

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Samfucius posted:

This was mentioned earlier, but have you tried Walmart? The one up the street from me always has it in stock. It's pretty good. Not mind-blowingly, world-changingly amazing, but very flavorful and tender for an inexpensive cut of beef.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

I don't get it - it's just a caterpillar?

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

PYF Funny Pictures: My Nigga, Have You Tried Beef Tongue?

Why you should always vet your stock photographs:

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

FadedReality posted:

Is that the thread where the guy posted what looked like a rotting human leg asking for tips?

icehewk posted:

Been aging this according to Ruhlman. It had some maggots on it near the bone but I cut all of that out as you can see. Is it all right?

Yes

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Choco1980 posted:

When I tried it years ago at a Mexican restaurant, I found beef tongue disappointing after being built up. I guess I expected some different flavor than well, beef meat. Yeah, it's tender, but so's a lot of things. :shrug:

That's the problem with offal eaters. Instead of "yeah that's another edible thing I eat and it's okay" they wail on and on about how licking the poo poo out of a pig's rear end in a top hat is the greatest culinary experience and anyone who chooses not to do so is stupid and probably a pedophile.

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream

Even i, an incredibly sincere fan of video-games, can get the sarcasm of this one!

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
It's lean, tender, and has flavor. It's also cheap as hell since people get all weird about organs. It's not the second coming of Christ it just is some good meat you may not have known about.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

A3th3r posted:

Even i, an incredibly sincere fan of video-games, can get the sarcasm of this one!

Did they forget midway through who's supposed to have the red box and who has the speech bubble?

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.

sticklefifer posted:

Did they forget midway through who's supposed to have the red box and who has the speech bubble?

The red text is the audio from the offscreen character

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Say Nothing posted:

What is that supposed to be

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

GenericOverusedName posted:

It's lean, tender, and has flavor. It's also cheap as hell since people get all weird about organs. It's not the second coming of Christ it just is some good meat you may not have known about.

Since I'm poor, I'm going to have to try this. I was told it wasn't very good if you didn't know how to cook it, but it sounds like it's pretty easy to cook correctly. I'm pretty sure kroger/dillon's are the only grocery stores I've not seen the weird organ meets sold in.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

sticklefifer posted:

Good ol' Mike Krahulik, pioneering the medium with his bold use of "square speech bubble with red outline" instead of the more traditional "speech bubble with lightning bolt tail."

e: content

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

This was mentioned earlier, but have you tried Walmart? The one up the street from me always has it in stock. It's pretty good. Not mind-blowingly, world-changingly amazing, but very flavorful and tender for an inexpensive cut of beef.

Do you cut off the taste buds? Tasting something that is tasting you back seems weird. :stare: And then there is this:

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
You don't just eat it out of the still-living cow's mouth, you know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

cobalt impurity posted:

Good ol' Mike Krahulik, pioneering the medium with his bold use of "square speech bubble with red outline" instead of the more traditional "speech bubble with lightning bolt tail."

At least he's making his characters more hideous and troll-like, to better match their real-life counterparts.

• Locked thread