Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Ballz
Apr 30, 2003
Feel the burn

Solice Kirsk posted:

"Is it true...Nilfgardian women shave their cunnies?"

To be fair, I only JUST heard this on my second playthrough and over 100+ hours invested. It was glorious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yup, buy a PC....BWAHAHAHAHA.

no idea in all seriousness.

drat, might have to start over.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Harrow posted:

The last few battles were really easy, even on Death March, but drat was it fun to play as Super Saiyan Ciri, cleaving everything in half with little to no issue on her way to destroy the mage's staff. Ending was satisfying, too.

I wish after beating the game they let you have an option to switch and play as Super Ciri if you want because those moves were so loving fun. I spent something like 5 minutes just killing dudes and not progressing I was enjoying it so much

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Levantine posted:

You did it wrong then. In my game, Geralt told her the Emperor wanted to see her and gave her the choice. She took it. It was a lot to take in but is unequivocally the best decision for both her and the kingdom. She even says it before she leaves "I can do a lot more as empress than I can fighting the occasional ghoul. She wants to help everyone and is given the biggest and most well stocked tool box to do it. If, in your game, Geralt made Ciri do anything she didn't want to do, that's entirely on you as a player.

No it isn't. This is how the scene goes, she asks you if you bring it up. There's no 'doing it wrong' involved, that's just how the scene plays out.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Crigit posted:

Emhyr chat

He murdered her mother, burned her homeland to the ground and butchered everyone she'd ever known including the grandmother who raised her, then tried to have her kidnapped so he could force her to marry him and bear a child for him. Even though he ultimately backed off the incest plan, Ciri has ample reason to want him dead, let alone establish any kind of relationship with him. Emhyr is a pretty bad guy.

As far as being safe from Philippa, Philippa was able to enslave a centuries or millenia old gold dragon, one of the smartest and most powerful creatures in the world. Ciri might be able to stand up to her, but she wouldn't for a second be safe from Philippa's less verbal manipulations. Having no eyes and no backup with the lodge broken ties her hands somewhat, but Philippa's a pretty terrifying figure.

About Philippa:
Saskia? She's pretty naive. Ciri's shown to be smart and tough. Plus Philippa has been attempting to use her for her entire life and she's aware of it. But if it were happening in the books I think she'd keep Geralt and Yen around for insurance (it would never have happened in the books).

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Where can I get a half-decent silver sword starting out? I've been stuck with the basic one since halfway through Velen and it's getting old.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The Serpentine Silver Sword is a straight upgrade that you could get in White Orchard. Witcher equipment is always the best stuff for its level.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

I have just made an amazing discovery that has literally changed how I play the game and had me giggling like a loon out of sheer excitement and joy!

Theres a lift at Kaer Trolde! From the harbour up to the bridge!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

The Serpentine Silver Sword is a straight upgrade that you could get in White Orchard. Witcher equipment is always the best stuff for its level.

The Serpentine Silver Sword is inaccessible because of that stupid god damned crypt bug. Anything else on offer for someone at level 5?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Just slay the crypt bug? :confused: I think a guy northwest of White Orchard has a contract for it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Arglebargle III posted:

Just slay the crypt bug? :confused: I think a guy northwest of White Orchard has a contract for it.

No. No, I meant the bug that prevents the crypt door from opening, not...not like, a monster bug. It stays locked no matter what I do.

Patch 1.05 was supposed to fix it, but no such luck.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Check random blacksmiths or hope you find one. I had the starter silver sword for longer than you have had it because I made the other Serpentine sword and couldn't find another emerald dust.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

No. No, I meant the bug that prevents the crypt door from opening, not...not like, a monster bug. It stays locked no matter what I do.

Patch 1.05 was supposed to fix it, but no such luck.

Aard?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Helith posted:

I have just made an amazing discovery that has literally changed how I play the game and had me giggling like a loon out of sheer excitement and joy!

Theres a lift at Kaer Trolde! From the harbour up to the bridge!

I had a really weird thing happen on that lift once when I went down it. As soon as I hit the button to descend Geralt died as if he fell(spread eagle on the ground), then the screen went black and I "woke up" as the lift was going down, stood up, and recovered all my health.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

I have the same bug and it doesn't fix it. Door forever says it's locked.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You can get the Griffin gear fairly early on in Velen, at least. I got my set right after Keira Metz's main plot quest and before starting the Bloody Baron/Crones content.

Elrond Hubbard
Mar 30, 2007

To ERH
*everyone applauds*
Am I being completely dense or is there a way to keep track of the DLCs you have downloaded on PC using the GOG client?

Every time I go to 'Backup and Extras' it lists all of them and I can never remember which I've downloaded and which are new.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Elrond Hubbard posted:

Am I being completely dense or is there a way to keep track of the DLCs you have downloaded on PC using the GOG client?

There should be a checkbox next to them, the ones that are checked are installed.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

T.G. Xarbala posted:

You can get the Griffin gear fairly early on in Velen, at least. I got my set right after Keira Metz's main plot quest and before starting the Bloody Baron/Crones content.

It's level 8, the first set of Griffin.

I find the choice to stagger the levels of the Witcher gear a little weird - why not have them all start at 8 so you can make a proper decision?

Ending chat: Is that a no on knowing what happens if Djikstra runs Redania?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Oxxidation posted:

The Serpentine Silver Sword is inaccessible because of that stupid god damned crypt bug. Anything else on offer for someone at level 5?

Doing the main quest in velen involving a witch will take you through a dungeon that has a relic silver sword near the end. At least it did for me this time on death march.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Monster nests and bandit camps often have relic swords scaled to your level -- just don't overuse them because you can get that leveled loot later if you don't want to bother with crafting between levels 10-25.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Taear posted:

Ending chat: Is that a no on knowing what happens if Djikstra runs Redania?

I'm not sure I understand the question, but if you side with Djikstra, he takes over Redania and rules over it and Temaria unopposed. Nilfgaard leaves no matter what you do in every single ending (which is why the ending to Reason of State is really stupid), but Emhyr can die in some so you can actually leave the empire badly crippled and give the northern realms a strong ruler if you want to.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'm not sure I understand the question, but if you side with Djikstra, he takes over Redania and rules over it and Temaria unopposed. Nilfgaard leaves no matter what you do in every single ending (which is why the ending to Reason of State is really stupid), but Emhyr can die in some so you can actually leave the empire badly crippled and give the northern realms a strong ruler if you want to.

I meant at the very end of Reason of State if you let him kill Roche, Ves and Thaler how is he as a ruler? Which I think you've answered. I was wondering because he wants to make a northern empire but in my ending (where Nilfgaard won) they say Emhyr beat the North because they had lost Radovid's tactical genuis rather than anything else.

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
At level 24 or so I've finally re-capitalized after spending down to 0 crafting witcher gear upgrades and buying superior upgrade and alchemy recipes--is there any use for money here on out? Any particular upgrade materials to focus on? Unless some of these top-tier recipes need multiple flawless diamonds or something I think the economy is pretty much done with me

Edit: Also if you're ever broke, forget questing/contracts and just clean the map. Every ? is going to have at least one relic chest, which is about exactly as many as you'll find per quest segment.

King Bahamut fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Jun 27, 2015

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

King Bahamut posted:

At level 24 or so I've finally re-capitalized after spending down to 0 crafting witcher gear upgrades and buying superior upgrade and alchemy recipes--is there any use for money here on out? Any particular upgrade materials to focus on? Unless some of these top-tier recipes need multiple flawless diamonds or something I think the economy is pretty much done with me

Edit: Also if you're ever broke, forget questing/contracts and just clean the map. Every ? is going to have at least one relic chest, which is about exactly as many as you'll find per quest segment.

Making mastercrafted gear ended up being really expensive for me, so it's probably worth keeping a stockpile of money around.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Taear posted:

I meant at the very end of Reason of State if you let him kill Roche, Ves and Thaler how is he as a ruler? Which I think you've answered. I was wondering because he wants to make a northern empire but in my ending (where Nilfgaard won) they say Emhyr beat the North because they had lost Radovid's tactical genuis rather than anything else.

It's like "Dijkstra ruled in the cynical and ruthless style that he was known for blah blah he copied Nilfgaard's strategy of resettlement and industrialization to stabilize the North."
I think that slide ends with "all for the good of his subjects of course, if sometimes against their will." :3:
And yeah like Manatee Cannon said, if Emhyr loses the war, his court gets pissed and they kill him.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Manatee Cannon posted:

What? If you finish Reason of State and kill Dijkstra, Nilfgaard wins the war. Not sure what you mean by "Nilfgaard leaves" in that case.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Walrus Pete posted:

What? If you finish Reason of State and kill Dijkstra, Nilfgaard wins the war. Not sure what you mean by "Nilfgaard leaves" in that case.

Nilfgaard sets up Temaria as a vassal state in that ending but the occupation still ends and Nilfgaard completely pulls out of the North. Temaria is completely self policed and governed and there is no Nilfgaardian military presence there anymore. No matter what you do, they always leave.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Manatee Cannon posted:

Nilfgaard sets up Temaria as a vassal state in that ending but the occupation still ends and Nilfgaard completely pulls out of the North. Temaria is completely self policed and governed and there is no Nilfgaardian military presence there anymore. No matter what you do, they always leave.

They "leave" Temeria, but only after they conquer the rest of the North. That means Redania and co. are under direct Nilfgardian control.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

They don't do that, actually. They annex Redania but they don't touch anything else.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

King Bahamut posted:

You'll need to buy a lot of Redanian Herbal and Mandrake and Cherry Cordial from bartenders for the superior recipes. You go through sooo much White Gull making the alchemical substances (and then again for potion bases). Easily a few K there if you haven't done it already.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I started the game yesterday and now (12 hours later...) I am level 6 and just finished the Keira quest. I picked up the Griffin gear quest a while ago but it says required level 13 or something so I shied away from it; can I just go ahead and do it at such a low level?

Also, I got stuck on that locked gate for the Serpent gear, too. I figured I had to find a (skeleton) key somewhere and then just gave up on it after I couldn't find anything.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Katana Gomai posted:

I started the game yesterday and now (12 hours later...) I am level 6 and just finished the Keira quest. I picked up the Griffin gear quest a while ago but it says required level 13 or something so I shied away from it; can I just go ahead and do it at such a low level?

Also, I got stuck on that locked gate for the Serpent gear, too. I figured I had to find a (skeleton) key somewhere and then just gave up on it after I couldn't find anything.

You can, the game's over estimated it and likely only says it because there's a level 14 monster guarding a piece but you can get away with not fighting it

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Manatee Cannon posted:

They don't do that, actually. They annex Redania but they don't touch anything else.

"Anything else" in this case amounts to very little. After Nilfgaard takes Redania (which includes the former Kaedwen), the remaining northern kingdoms combined are maybe half the size of Temeria.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Walrus Pete posted:

"Anything else" in this case amounts to very little. After Nilfgaard takes Redania (which includes the former Kaedwen), the remaining northern kingdoms combined are maybe half the size of Temeria.
Agreed, a victory over Redania, which Nilfgaard completes when Radovid is assassinated means Kaedwen and Redania fall to Nilfgaard. Kovir and Poviss are small and not really a military threat. Temeria is released as a self-governed vassal state because of the partisans who caused so much trouble during the war.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I wish the game explored a bit on why the people of Redania hate mages so much. Magic is very useful; a large part of the game involves rescuing sorceresses because Geralt needs their magic.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Baron Bifford posted:

I wish the game explored a bit on why the people of Redania hate mages so much. Magic is very useful; a large part of the game involves rescuing sorceresses because Geralt needs their magic.
Some people like mages too, but Radovid hates them, therefore official decree to out all the mages, herbalists, and alchemists. The average populace is scared of the unknown and mages are often mysterious and do strange things so it is probably not hard to turn opinion against them.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Baron Bifford posted:

As far as the general public knows all of Witcher 2 was due to a plot by the mages, which is even true in part.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

My one regret is that I never had the opportunity to kill Phillipa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

As much as I love this game, I really, REALLY wish that there were notifications on vendors to let you know which schematics and recipes you already own.