Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Can I play ttw as a samurai high on turbo and slayer everything to death at light speed as limbs go flying because of bloody mess? I'm using signature armor and weapon in my current nv game with a katana thst attacks as fast I can click and Chinese stealth armor because I am a cyber ninja I guess. Basically would signature armor and weapon work with ttw?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

cheesetriangles posted:

Can I play ttw as a samurai high on turbo and slayer everything to death at light speed as limbs go flying because of bloody mess? I'm using signature armor and weapon in my current nv game with a katana thst attacks as fast I can click and Chinese stealth armor because I am a cyber ninja I guess. Basically would signature armor and weapon work with ttw?

Yes.

The signature mods aren't limited to vanilla assets, so they should work with pretty much anything. Sticking to mod added weapons you won't notice any difference.

You would only be missing out on Signature Weapon's functionality for handling unique weapons. The mod "knows" that the uniques from vanilla NV are versions of their respective normal weapons, and applies the bonuses to them as well. I don't think it ever applied to anything from the DLC's, so I can't imagine it would work for FO3's uniques.

Basically, if you make your signature weapon a combat knife, it will apply any earned perks to Chance's Knife (since it's from vanilla New Vegas) but would not apply them to (Fallout 3's) Occam's Razor. In your case, just keep using your same Katana; you just might need to give it to yourself via console if there isn't a TTW version of the mod.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I console spawned the katana and mods and apparently fallout 3 has a samurai armor so I gave that to myself as well. Now I am a true samurai. Need to get some turbo though.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Im running Project Nevada, would Nevada Skies or Realistic Lighting Overhaul work better? I had to disable Nevada Skies weather effects because running them with Project Nevada makes the weather go haywire and you get a new Radstorm or dust storm every time you exit a building into the main game world.

Project Nevada shouldn't be messing with any weather at all, it is purely gameplay features.

Here is the best version of Nevada Skies to try - http://www.moddb.com/mods/nevada-skies-urwl

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

cheesetriangles posted:

I console spawned the katana and mods and apparently fallout 3 has a samurai armor so I gave that to myself as well. Now I am a true samurai. Need to get some turbo though.

Pair the katana with a suit, guitar and thick-rimmed glasses or gtfo

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Do the reavers/albinos/rednecks/aliens continue to level with you past 30 in TTW?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gyshall posted:

Project Nevada shouldn't be messing with any weather at all, it is purely gameplay features.

Here is the best version of Nevada Skies to try - http://www.moddb.com/mods/nevada-skies-urwl

Project Nevada tweaks the timescale of the game to make days and nights slightly longer. This has the side effect of making storms go crazy in Nevada Skies.

How would Realistic Wasteland Lighting or Project reality stack up?

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
The mod simply wouldn't let me turn weather effects off at one point, which was my first experience of the battle of Hoover Dam. It was really poo poo not being able to see more than 1 foot in front of me. The discussion with Lanius was completely obscured and I couldn't see him, the same with Oliver afterwards (I didn't see all the securitrons behind him).

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I've searched online and can't really find a satisfactory answer for this, but I'm having a problem where I can load up a saved game just fine (I use CASM autosave), but every time I die in the Capital Wasteland in TTW now it sticks me with that infinite loading screen bug.

My load order for what it's worth:

quote:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
Fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
Zeta.esm
TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm
New Vegas Redesigned 3.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
FCOMaster.esm
Gomorrah Redesigned.esp
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm
CoitoErgoSum.esm
NVStripOpen.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm
CASM.esp
ttw_wildwasteland.esp
TTW_StashPackOptions.esp
TTW_SpeechChecks.esp
TTW_NoKarmaDCFollowers.esp
New Vegas Redesigned 3.esp
TTW_Reputation.esp
StripOpenMain.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp
Project Nevada - All DLC.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware Additions.esp
Project Nevada - TTW.esp
TTWOptions.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
FalloutNVCheatTerminal.esp
TTW_StartupMenu.esp
Tailor Maid - NV.esp
Portable Tent.esp
TTW_OutcastTrading.esp
YKVendingRecipes.esp
AccentuatorEarrings.esp
K3KBriefcaseBomb.esp
CRL9K_ThisMachineSound.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
SecretStash80.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Imaginator.esp
Ragdolls.esp
CAGE 1.9.3.1.esp
New Vegas Rock-It Launcher.esp
Cass alternate version.esp
DYNAVISION 3.esp
FCO - GlowingOne.esp

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Other than "don't die" I'll ask the obvious:

Are you running NVAC

if so :shrug:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Well on my latest game, it was actually loading my saves on dying, eventually, but it took like 5 times longer than it did when I started my Tale of Two Wastelands game. Then when I tried reloading a CASM save later on, it hung up for like 10 minutes or so so I gave up.

If I load up my other profiles I don't have that problem at all, so it feels like something related to the Capital Wasteland.

Also yeah, I have NVAC but I installed a lot of poo poo since then, I guess I could try re-applying it and see if that works for some weird reason.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Getting back into this, redoing everything, is there a nice easy standalone version of Wrye Bash (or something else) to create a bashed patch for everything I can run through ModOrganizer?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Mr. Crow posted:

Getting back into this, redoing everything, is there a nice easy standalone version of Wrye Bash (or something else) to create a bashed patch for everything I can run through ModOrganizer?

Yeah, http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35003

There is also a dev version a few pages back I posted as well.

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

King Vidiot posted:

I've searched online and can't really find a satisfactory answer for this, but I'm having a problem where I can load up a saved game just fine (I use CASM autosave), but every time I die in the Capital Wasteland in TTW now it sticks me with that infinite loading screen bug.

My load order for what it's worth:

Exact same thing happened to me. Are you running any LOD mods?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Mosnar posted:

Exact same thing happened to me. Are you running any LOD mods?

Nope, the only appearance mods I'm using are NMC's textures, Redesigned and Character Overhaul. Might not be playing nice with the Capital Wasteland, I dunno. It's weird though that the initial load takes like 40 seconds, but subsequent loads take forever or just hang up completely. If it were save corruption or whatever, it probably wouldn't even load that first time.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

King Vidiot posted:

Nope, the only appearance mods I'm using are NMC's textures, Redesigned and Character Overhaul. Might not be playing nice with the Capital Wasteland, I dunno. It's weird though that the initial load takes like 40 seconds, but subsequent loads take forever or just hang up completely. If it were save corruption or whatever, it probably wouldn't even load that first time.

Are you using the TTW Options file? If so did you download the hotfix?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Pwnstar posted:

Are you using the TTW Options file? If so did you download the hotfix?

Well the hotfix didn't fix anything at all (it may have even made it worse), but disabling TTW Options fixed the poo poo out of it. I mean it loads in like 5 seconds now, so thanks for drawing that .esp file to my attention!

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Anyone know where lombard station is supposed to be?

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

UberJumper posted:

Anyone know where lombard station is supposed to be?

Up the road from Goodsprings, past the gas station where Ringo hides.

\/\/\/ Thats a bug then. The body should be there with the key(?) and some dynamite for the rocks. You can obviously find other sources of dynamite, but if there isn't a key I'd just use the console to unlock the door.

Hobo on Fire fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jun 27, 2015

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Hobo on Fire posted:

Up the road from Goodsprings, past the gas station where Ringo hides.

Thanks, managed to figure out where to get the first 3 notes. But i am confused about the last note. It seems to imply he died in the shack, but there is no body.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Keep away from children
Does anyone have any experiance using Jsawyer's mod with Powered Power Armor?

When I activate Jsawyer certain sets of armor (in this case the T-45d which works fine without Jsawyer) no longer show up any of the PPA options like energy usage, mods etc. The T-51b set works just fine though. Is there a comparability issue?

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

TTW is the best thing.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

maev posted:

When I activate Jsawyer certain sets of armor (in this case the T-45d which works fine without Jsawyer) no longer show up any of the PPA options like energy usage, mods etc. The T-51b set works just fine though. Is there a comparability issue?

Yeah powered power armor isn't compatible with jsawyer or vicious wastes... There is a project Nevada patch though. I can see about making a patch for jsawyer

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Keep away from children

Gyshall posted:

Yeah powered power armor isn't compatible with jsawyer or vicious wastes... There is a project Nevada patch though. I can see about making a patch for jsawyer

That'd be great!

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

maev posted:

If I were the hazard a guess, it's because JSawyer removes the "Power Armor" flag from power armours. Ropekid's intention was for you to be able to wear it without the Power Armor Training perk, but only get benefits - like the armour being effectively weightless - if you have that perk.
PPA probably checks if an armour is supposed to be Power Armour with the IsPowerArmor function, instead of comparing it to a list.

Load up FNVEdit and try adding that flag back to the power armours.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Jun 27, 2015

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I decided I wanted to mod Oblivion earlier tonight which took a good 3-4 hours to get a good base down and that all works great. Then I decided I would do some fixing up on my NV install while I was at it. Managed to totally break my hud somehow. Everything else worked perfectly except the hud.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Keep away from children

Raygereio posted:

If I were the hazard a guess, it's because JSawyer removes the "Power Armor" flag from power armours. Ropekid's intention was for you to be able to wear it without the Power Armor Training perk, but only get benefits - like the armour being effectively weightless - if you have that perk.
PPA probably checks if an armour is supposed to be Power Armour with the IsPowerArmor function, instead of comparing it to a list.

Load up FNVEdit and try adding that flag back to the power armours.

I'll give it a go. The whole weightless power armour thing makes wearing power armour constantly the only thing to do with Jsawyer, so having a mod like PPA really helps add some flavour to it. Though armour sets like the 51b being effectively unlimited in power kind of removes the downside even then.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Have anyone here tried out the Ragdolls mod yet? I'm about to try it out, but I wanted to hear some opinions on it, especially regarding the optional download which adds animal headtracking and limited inverse kinematics, which would be amazing if it works as advertised.

Ragdoll Mod Maker posted:

Headtracking - enables creatures to turn their head towards player, enemies, corpses, etc...Works well on creatures, but not on robots because of some technical limitations I've encountered. You'll probably want that.

IK - or Inverse Kinematics enables SOME creatures to have their legs adapt to slopes, hills, etc...works for the most part on Dogs, Nightstalkers, Yao Guais, Lakelurks, Giant rats. Tell me your thoughts if you like it or not and I'll leave it or remove it and leave only headtracking.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Yeah it works as advertised.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

cheesetriangles posted:

I decided I wanted to mod Oblivion earlier tonight which took a good 3-4 hours to get a good base down and that all works great. Then I decided I would do some fixing up on my NV install while I was at it. Managed to totally break my hud somehow. Everything else worked perfectly except the hud.

What's wrong with the HUD?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Ah I dunno I already fixed it though I just rejiggered things in mod organizer til it worked. Also I'm not sure what mod I installed let's me get an actual dog as a follower instead of a robot dog but I'm digging it. He is called guts and he helps me kill big horners.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I'm thinking about installing the radar mod but I'm not sure if I'll have to install aHUD, oHUD, universal HUD, or if it'll work okay with my current setup. I'm easily intimidated by modding and it took me five attemps to get all this working together without crashing my game or having display issues in game. I'd like to use the radar mod, but more so I don't want to have to delete my FONV installation, all my mods, and put this list back together again. Does anyone have any insight for me?

FalloutNV.esm=1
TribalPack.esm=1
MercenaryPack.esm=1
ClassicPack.esm=1
CaravanPack.esm=1
DeadMoney.esm=1
HonestHearts.esm=1
OldWorldBlues.esm=1
LonesomeRoad.esm=1
GunRunnersArsenal.esm=1
Project Nevada - Core.esm=1
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp=1
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm=1
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp=1
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm=1
WME - GRA.esm=1
DarNifiedUINV.esp=1
Fellout.esp=1
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp=1
SimpleStreetLights.esp=1
SimpleStreetLights (Extra Lights).esp=1
FactionIDCards.esp=1
dD - Enhanced Blood Main NV.esp=1
IMPACT.esp=1
SignatureArmor.esp=1
SignatureWeapons.esp=1
CRL9K_ThisMachineSound.esp=1
WME - GRA - Arenovalis.esp=1
WME - GRA - Complete.esp=1
WME - GRA - Just Guns.esp=1
WME - GRA - Unique Integration.esp=1
WME - GRA - Vendor Reform.esp=1
WME - GRA - Weapon Integration.esp=1
WME - GRA - All Weapons.esp=1
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp=1
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp=1
FOVSlider.esp=1

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
It only seems to require NVSE and MCM, which you have. I'm intimidated by modding myself, my advice is to make a backup of your current installation and then go hog wild.

cheesetriangles posted:

Ah I dunno I already fixed it though I just rejiggered things in mod organizer til it worked. Also I'm not sure what mod I installed let's me get an actual dog as a follower instead of a robot dog but I'm digging it. He is called guts and he helps me kill big horners.

I've got a quest to find unique gnomes all over the wasteland. I don't know how I got that quest since I didn't install any quest mods at all. I assume it's the Monster Mod, but... why??

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Wildtortilla posted:

I'm thinking about installing the radar mod but I'm not sure if I'll have to install aHUD, oHUD, universal HUD, or if it'll work okay with my current setup. I'm easily intimidated by modding and it took me five attemps to get all this working together without crashing my game or having display issues in game. I'd like to use the radar mod, but more so I don't want to have to delete my FONV installation, all my mods, and put this list back together again. Does anyone have any insight for me?

Word of warning about the radar mod. If you have an ENB it will really screw it up and render it more or less unreadable.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

2house2fly posted:

It only seems to require NVSE and MCM, which you have. I'm intimidated by modding myself, my advice is to make a backup of your current installation and then go hog wild.

I've got a quest to find unique gnomes all over the wasteland. I don't know how I got that quest since I didn't install any quest mods at all. I assume it's the Monster Mod, but... why??

If you installed New Vegas Interiors, it's that. Why they added that quest, I don't know. I have a tendency to switch to it when I'm just exploring the Wasteland so I'm tracking one less thing on my hud.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

2house2fly posted:

This is the "Interiors" mod, which is one of the reasons why I don't use it anymore. Mod used to be so good in Fallout 3 until the author started adding all kinds of feature creep nonsense to it, which is a bummer.

Still better than A World of Pain, but I think the interiors mods stick out like a sore thumb.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Gyshall posted:

Yeah it works as advertised.

Thanks, I'll definitely try it out.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Downloaded and installed TTW and holy poo poo, for the first time I might be actually having fun playing FO3 :stare: . It's amazing what a difference New Vegas' mechanics do to the game.

Frankly
Jan 7, 2013
I'm going to try and get TTW working for the same reason soon, I think I've played out the Mojave for a while.

Just thinking about trying to use Explosives or Small Guns in the base Fallout 3 game after the variety of weapons and ammo types in Vegas is horrible. Plus as much poo poo as everyone gives the Vault 101 start I still quite like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yo i've started running into a weird issue where NPCs who are supposed to spawn with leather armor sometimes have no armor at all. no idea which mod is causing it, check my load order:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm
FCOMaster.esm
FreesideOpen.esm
YUP - NPC Fixes (Base Game + All DLC).esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
Wasteland Soldier - NV Edition.esp
ExtendedNVRadio.esp
SecretStash80.esp
Better Game Performance.esp
FCO.esp
outsidebets.esp
FreesideOpenPatch.esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
WMX-ArenovalisTextures.esp
357retex.esp
singleshot_retex.esp
pipboy2500_edisleado.esp
WMX-DLCMerged.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques-AllInOne.esp
CourierCacheWSE.esp
NewVegasExtendedMapMarkers.esp
Delay DLC - DM + HH + OWB + LR + GRA.esp
GRA - The Right to Bear Arms.esp
REPCONN Test Site Fixes.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques-GRA.esp
Tailor Maid - NV.esp
Crossbow.esp
Sunglasses Shipment.esp
Sunglasses Shipment - Four Eyes.esp
Color Me Evil.esp
DLC Weapon Integration.esp
AGSU-WMX All DLC AIO.esp
GunRunnersArsenal Integration Mod.esp
Merged Patch.esp
SuitFixes+Factions.esp
JoeCobbIsFiend.esp
Better Burned Man.esp
CASM with MCM.esp
StealthSuitHelm_F3.esp
Ragdolls.esp
HeadTracking_IK.esp
SignatureWeapons.esp

I have a suspicion it's GRA - Right to Bear Arms but have no idea WHY that mod would cause this problem