Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Duderino
Mar 28, 2003

If you're not into that whole brevity thing..

KingColliwog posted:

I have this for when I plug my laptop on my TV and it's all sorts of awesome. Works perfectly after +1 year of use

Yeah I loved mine, the trackpad and mouse buttons all worked great but my escape key did have some issues after about 6 months. Whenever I press the button it gets stuck and I have to pry something thin under to lift it back up. When I remove the key I can't seem to find anything wrong with either the bottom of the button or the little nub area it fits inside... Also really wished the mouse cursor worked with my Samsung Smart TV, oh well. For the price, this thing was awesome for when I had a htpc in the living room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human.Ninja.Dragon
Mar 1, 2011
Finally ordered my Philips BDM4065UC 4K-monitor!!

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Does she come with the monitor?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The Simpsons declared that joke played out back in 1992.

Human.Ninja.Dragon
Mar 1, 2011

colas posted:

Yep, I hope so box says "Little asian inlcuded"

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

colas posted:

hoooooooooooooooooooooooh siick call bro

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Human.Ninja.Dragon posted:

Yep, I hope so box says "Little asian inlcuded"

And she'd probably fit! :downswords:

Just a drizzle of this on Jasmine rice is the best.

colas has a new favorite as of 11:41 on Jun 27, 2015

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

New pixel pusher for my new monitor

Gigabyte 980ti G1 Gaming

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Lilleput posted:

New pixel pusher for my new monitor

Gigabyte 980ti G1 Gaming

That thing is such a beast.

Just picked this up yesterday:

Might just be the best keyboard I've ever used.

big mean giraffe has a new favorite as of 14:58 on Jun 27, 2015

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

El Duderino posted:

Yeah I loved mine, the trackpad and mouse buttons all worked great but my escape key did have some issues after about 6 months. Whenever I press the button it gets stuck and I have to pry something thin under to lift it back up. When I remove the key I can't seem to find anything wrong with either the bottom of the button or the little nub area it fits inside... Also really wished the mouse cursor worked with my Samsung Smart TV, oh well. For the price, this thing was awesome for when I had a htpc in the living room

I kinda scrapped the whole idea now. It was mis-reported/mis-communicated this week that anyone signed up for windows insider and was beta testing windows 10 would then get to "keep" it. It's true, but you have to have a machine that has a valid windows license first, and regardless of whether or not your a windows insider, if you have Windows 7 or 8, you get a free upgrade anyway. I transfered my retail windows 8 code to my new PC when I built it so my old computer no longer has a windows code.

So looks like I can either run ubuntu or something, or pony up ~$100 for another windows license :(

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Apologies for my earlier poor place setting decision. Good thing it never got delivered !

Picked this up instead

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm not sure I'd every buy red

can't go wrong with the classic white

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

bowmore posted:

I needed some color in the kitchen, since everything is white or dark brown, the red looks pretty cool

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sappo569 posted:

I needed some color in the kitchen, since everything is white or dark brown, the red looks pretty cool
cook something, I want to see what they look like with food on them

apparently the colour red is supposed to invoke feelings of hunger

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

bowmore posted:

cook something, I want to see what they look like with food on them

apparently the colour red is supposed to invoke feelings of hunger

Hmm I can do that

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

bowmore posted:

I disagree, anything other than all white tableware is cool and good.

Personal favorite: Arabia Ruska

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

dreesemonkey posted:

I kinda scrapped the whole idea now. It was mis-reported/mis-communicated this week that anyone signed up for windows insider and was beta testing windows 10 would then get to "keep" it. It's true, but you have to have a machine that has a valid windows license first, and regardless of whether or not your a windows insider, if you have Windows 7 or 8, you get a free upgrade anyway. I transfered my retail windows 8 code to my new PC when I built it so my old computer no longer has a windows code.

So looks like I can either run ubuntu or something, or pony up ~$100 for another windows license :(

Edit : I may be wrong.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

QuasiQuack posted:

You just gave me a huge '70s flashback. I can smell incense and I think I'm sitting on a beanbag!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

QuasiQuack posted:

How did you get a picture of my grandma's kitchen?

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Inzombiac posted:

How did you get a picture of my grandma's kitchen?

You sure you wanna know? :chord:

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Dick Trauma posted:

You just gave me a huge '70s flashback. I can smell incense and I think I'm sitting on a beanbag!

*opens up long trench coat*

"Psst, hey, buddy. Wanna buy some Corelle?"

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010
My OCZ SSD broke again, this time I will take the warranty as money instead of a new lovely SSD, so I ordered this:

Samsung 850 PRO 256 Gt.

edit. Oh yeah also my first glasses

Sorbus has a new favorite as of 20:47 on Jun 27, 2015

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

QuasiQuack posted:

The best thing about all Arabia's type S tableware - be it Ruska, Fennica, Kosmos, Ruija, Uhtua, Tapio, or any of the other 40000 patterns - is that it's incredibly durable. The worst thing is that it's also loving heavy. I guess that's why you store it on your steps instead of a cupboard?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Sorbus posted:

My OCZ SSD broke again, this time I will take the warranty as money instead of a new lovely SSD, so I ordered this:

Samsung 850 PRO 256 Gt.

Solid choice. That's the drive to buy if you're gonna get an SSD right now.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

bought an acre of land with this house on it

it's pretty cool

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

it's pretty cool

Bet you can't wait to tear the building down so you can put that land to good use!

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

living the big gay american dream

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

it's pretty cool

Congrats! Now I'm going to go look at SF Bay area housing prices and sob into my drink.

For me, some Sennheiser Momentum headphones for the bus commute / office.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Goddamn I want some of those whiskey tumblers so bad.

Also, nice headphones.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

1050 lumen Thrunite TN12

Couple of GymShark bottoms for the gym in winter

Bose QC25

I've admittedly been a Bose basher for a long time but I found a pair of QC15s belonging to my dad while rummaging through some drawers one day and holy poo poo the build quality and ANC is amazing. Sound quality was middling (I have a pair of Audio Technica A700s, Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pros, Westone UM2s, AIAIAI TMA-1s, and have had Alessandro MS-1s) but this will work pretty well for commutes (airplanes, trains) and workplace use IMO. Having picked up flying I've wanted a Bose A20 aviation headset for awhile now too

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
You'll be shop shamed for the Bose, but I love mine as well. Sound quality is really good (if not the best by far) but the NC is simply amazing. You'll never notice the constant droning going on around you if you've never put on of these, because everyone's so used to it. One click and it's gone. Plus they're the most comfortable set of headphones I've ever worn. You can use them for hours without problems.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face
After an Experia Arc and HTC One M7, it's time to test out samsung now they've upped the build quality and removed most of the bloatware.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

It's very noticeably faster from the s5, and screen is amazing. Just disable all the bloatwear np.

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Oneiros posted:

Congrats! Now I'm going to go look at SF Bay area housing prices and sob into my drink.

For me, some Sennheiser Momentum headphones for the bus commute / office.

Is that a Blade Runner whisky glass? If so that's awesome! I've been looking for them for a while but I found them just a little bit too expensive.

chuck2020
Jan 14, 2007
Been waiting months for this to come out...

So I bought this to enjoy it on!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

chuck2020 posted:

So I bought this to enjoy it on!

Nice dolly.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

chuck2020 posted:

Arkham Knight on PS4 was also my most recent purchase. It is so, so good.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

chuck2020 posted:

I got the Arkham Knight LE for ps4 too. Can't believe Walmart actually fulfilled my preorder for $62.76 (regular price $99.99) :snoop:

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Excited to try out medium format. Only spent $120.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

Excited to try out medium format. Only spent $120.

you'll love it!