Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

serious gaylord posted:

I dont know about Schneiderlin. On paper hes probably a good signing but I'm just not sure.
He likes to get stuck in and doesn't mind it up him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Paperhouse posted:

He likes to get stuck in and doesn't mind it up him

But enough about his love life!!!

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Wonder why Liverpool weren't in for Cech at all considering how underwhelming Mignolet has been, but I'd assume he wanted to stay in London (understandably).

Think he'll be great for Arsenal but I will lol when he's the only signing Wenger makes this transfer window.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

sticksy posted:

Wonder why Liverpool weren't in for Cech at all considering how underwhelming Mignolet has been, but I'd assume he wanted to stay in London (understandably).

Think he'll be great for Arsenal but I will lol when he's the only signing Wenger makes this transfer window.

In some bizarre twist of fate Mignolet became competent in the latter half of the season. He's really not that bad, he just has a shocking array of defenders in front of him most of the time. There's also the question of whether Chelsea would want to let him go to Liverpool or if Cech would be willing to miss out on CL football.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

sticksy posted:

I doubt they had a chance tbh.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

sticksy posted:

Would still be one of Arsenal's best transfer windows.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Apparently Schneiderlin would prefer to go to Arsenal but Man U are willing to pay his agents more money so I guess he's going to Man U then.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

I doubt they had a chance tbh.

I thought I read that Cech didn't want to move his family out of London either.

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

Shrapnig posted:

I thought I read that Cech didn't want to move his family out of London either.

Guess they're all Utd fans

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
haha Gignac actually went to Mexico what the gently caress

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Cityinthesea posted:

I seriously don't know why Guzan's getting frozen out for one terrible mistake. How was he besides that? I always got the impression he was a fairly average prem level keeper

I've always rated him pretty highly, I'd definitely put him above just average. Sherwood doesn't seem to like him much at all though.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Mainz have told Gonzalo Jara that "when an offer comes, he will go" after he gave Edinson Cavani a free prostate exam during Copa America, so if your team needs a controversial defender or just one that's international-quality (HINT, HINT, MILAN!), he can be had at a rock-bottom price.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Seb Coates to Sunderland for £4m will be bold soon enough.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

EvilHawk posted:

Seb Coates to Sunderland for £4m will be bold soon enough.

It's amazing that he's played so few games in his career and still has managed to win Copa America and play in a World Cup.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Shrapnig posted:

It's amazing that he's played so few games in his career and still has managed to win Copa America and play in a World Cup.

He should've got more time at Liverpool imo. Always liked a bit of Seb.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Yeah Coates is a good player and I hope he does well. He just had a really lovely run of injuries and didn't get a good run in the side.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
He's Scottish, which tells you everything you need to know about him as a player imo

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

sassassin posted:

He's Scottish, which tells you everything you need to know about him as a player imo

That at least explains the pronunciation of his name.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/june/26/cairney-joins-fulham

tom cairney to fulham is a done deal and this honestly annoys me more than if we'd have sold rhodes or gestede

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Rory Donnelly banged Michu's wife and has signed for Gillingham

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

please retroactively unprobate me thanks in advance

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Fluminense's Kenedy supposedly on his way to Chelsea Vitesse

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/587228/Chelsea-Manchester-United-Kenedy-Transfer-Gossip-Confirmed-Done-Deal

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

sassassin posted:

Rory Donnelly banged Michu's wife and has signed for Gillingham

Not sure which part of this should be bolded but I like it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Newcastle should sign some players

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

With Lewis Baker!

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

poo poo Farm posted:

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/june/26/cairney-joins-fulham

tom cairney to fulham is a done deal and this honestly annoys me more than if we'd have sold rhodes or gestede

hes really good

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

TelekineticBear! posted:

hes really good

he is, he was essentially all of the creativity in our midfield

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Yeah, but Cairney score goals?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Brazilian Kenedy to Chels.... Vitesse Arnhem might be getting bolded soon.

The next Lucas Piazon?

This poster thinks yes.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Pending a medical, Nani is headed to Fenerbahce, for a €5.5m fee.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

trem_two posted:

Pending a medical, Nani is headed to Fenerbahce, for a €5.5m fee.

That means Utd could have let him go on a free last summer and saved money. €5.5m is less than Utd paid in wages to him while he played for Sporting. And he played very well even. It's a pretty drat low fee in today's market.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

PirateBob posted:

That means Utd could have let him go on a free last summer and saved money. €5.5m is less than Utd paid in wages to him while he played for Sporting. And he played very well even. It's a pretty drat low fee in today's market.

If they had let him go on a free he would have still been owed loyalty bonuses for not asking to leave. Theres a reason you see people like Cleverley have their contracts run down rather than just getting "release"

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
A lot of papers in Italy and Spain are reporting that Callejon is off to Atletico Madrid for €15m. If true, Napoli are dumb.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I hope Swansea don't buy Eder as the portugeses are reporting.

He's loving poo poo.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
i hardly know her

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

sassassin posted:

I hope Swansea don't buy Eder as the portugeses are reporting.

He's loving poo poo.

Eder they'll do it or they won't, no sense getting worked up about it.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

The Big Taff Man posted:

If they had let him go on a free he would have still been owed loyalty bonuses for not asking to leave. Theres a reason you see people like Cleverley have their contracts run down rather than just getting "release"

In Cleverley's case, an £8m permanent move had been agreed, but negotiations between Cleverley's agent and Villa broke down over wages.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Bacca's agent confirmed that they've reached an agreement with Milan, the clubs are now negotiating a transfer fee. Given Milan's recent history, I suppose this doesn't mean much.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

trem_two posted:

A lot of papers in Italy and Spain are reporting that Callejon is off to Atletico Madrid for €15m. If true, Napoli are dumb.

I think with the arrival of Gabbiadini in January Jose's days were numbered.

Still, it's amazing that he came in as part of the package deal for Higuain and turned into at times the best part of that transfer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Troy Queef posted:

I think with the arrival of Gabbiadini in January Jose's days were numbered.

Still, it's amazing that he came in as part of the package deal for Higuain and turned into at times the best part of that transfer.

It's definitely the position where they have the most depth, I just think they should ask for more money.

• Locked thread