Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Evil Fluffy posted:

Remember to check what your gear needs for its upgrades, kids.

Because the loving belt uses accessory upgrade items now and you don't want to waste 300 seals on an armor upgrade item you won't use because your belt's your last left side upgrade. :shepicide:

And on a somewhat related note, Paladins rejoice! Your sword and shield now upgrade together using just the weapon upgrade item.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Oh god I just finished up the Aery after grinding up to Level 55 using sidequests in the Mists and... now I have to do a bunch more loving sidequests here to hit level 56? :negative:

at least I might be able to fly, christ

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Roulettes, son.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I'm level 55 DRK and I just now beat bugdad hard mode in the story, and this is after using a shitton of my rest XP going from 30. I dunno how you people are hitting XP walls. :shrug:

Also the best title is THE LAST RESORT and I will hear nothing otherwise.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Kitfox88 posted:

Also the best title is THE LAST RESORT and I will hear nothing otherwise.

Also the name of my chain of old adventurers homes.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Each one of these sidequests gives about 35k XP. I need about 1.5 million to level up. Thus I'm looking at 40-45 sidequests. Thankfully, I think the sidequests will run out before my sanity does :shepface:

So for roulettes - do y'all just do one of each you have unlocked daily? How much XP does that give? I don't have the High Level one unlocked because I haven't done like 20 of the instances involved, so that one's not a possibility for me.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

abraham linksys posted:

Each one of these sidequests gives about 35k XP. I need about 1.5 million to level up. Thus I'm looking at 40-45 sidequests. Thankfully, I think the sidequests will run out before my sanity does :shepface:

So for roulettes - do y'all just do one of each you have unlocked daily? How much XP does that give? I don't have the High Level one unlocked because I haven't done like 20 of the instances involved, so that one's not a possibility for me.

High level, low level, trials, main story, and guildhests is my rotation and at levels 54-58 its so far given me about a solid third to half a level a day doing all those, more so if LLDR drops me into one of the HW dungeons. Also make sure to pick up daily hunt marks, as each level is a good 100k worth of XP.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

So it turns out Balmung matches the CT tank set, which I've always liked for its dumb goofy charm. May need to fix the hair but the haircut I like clips through the back of the armor, which makes me sad.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

Roulettes are worth about 200k each mid-50s. I've been doing HLDR, Trial and Main Story on my main class while taking time to level an alt class to 50 and I'm already halfway through 56 the main before unlocking Aery.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer

FordPRefectLL posted:

How do you add the non steam version to steam so it has an overlay? I can't figure this out.

You can't add it in like you would a new game, you have to just use the "Add a Non-Steam game to my library" button

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Thumbtacks posted:

So it turns out Balmung matches the CT tank set, which I've always liked for its dumb goofy charm. May need to fix the hair but the haircut I like clips through the back of the armor, which makes me sad.

I think the gloves throw it off a bit. :v:

Also yes hairstyles clipping with armor/facial gear make me sad as gently caress

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

I'm pretty sure the Churning Mists have more sidequests than the entire rest of the game. like it's a bunch of long questlines with cutscenes and poo poo like a bunch of WoW designers got ahold of this one specific area

I am compelled to do all of them, please send help

e: I did them all and I only have 400k XP left and I never want to see a moogle again in my life

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Jun 27, 2015

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

sorry best title/name combo right here

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Leveling as a healer is a real rollercoaster outfit-wise, you go from ugly robes and literal jester's hats into swag nobleman attire and then back to ugly robes again. gently caress you game, I'm keeping my fabulous attire. :colbert:

That said leveling a White Mage is great skill-wise since we get a bunch of rad spells, although I wouldn't want to be a melee guy in a dungeon standing next to the constant hammering of Stone III. :v:

Speaking of which, yesterday I was running around at lvl 58 in the Dravanian Hinterlands and came upon a fellow lvl 58 WHM casting Stone II on enemies. I asked him if he hadn't gotten the new spells yet and he apparently had no idea they existed, he had leveled all the way to 58 without any of the new spells which was just the saddest thing to hear. He was understandably both upset and grateful about the news.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

abraham linksys posted:

I'm pretty sure the Churning Mists have more sidequests than the entire rest of the game. like it's a bunch of long questlines with cutscenes and poo poo like a bunch of WoW designers got ahold of this one specific area

I am compelled to do all of them, please send help

e: I did them all and I only have 400k XP left and I never want to see a moogle again in my life

You think you're done but you're not.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Thumbtacks posted:

Oh, you finished it after I ran off to be a sadsack! Yay :)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Kitfox88 posted:

I think the gloves throw it off a bit. :v:

Lt. Mittens without any mittens is problematic IMHO.

That Dave Fella
Jul 19, 2013

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Is ST possible to do with just one group? Like, how many 60s would it take?

You have to do ST with a full group of 24. It doesn't let you use an undersized party.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
So for those at 60 already what can people realistically solo?

petcarcharodon
Jun 25, 2013

Pierson posted:

So for those at 60 already what can people realistically solo?

I've found a lot of 50 things can be duo'd well enough, and almost everything below can be solo'd easily. There's the odd thing occasionally like Titan's gaols cause an instant wipe you can't do too much about. Main problem i get is the damage adding up over time so I think a healer could solo things I couldn't.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

This guy just happened in my Aery run.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Is Excalibur just on lock down 24/7? Any tips on what times to try? Not having much luck trying at even 6-9am PDT.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

kcer posted:

Is Excalibur just on lock down 24/7? Any tips on what times to try? Not having much luck trying at even 6-9am PDT.

The only other thing I can think of is to try right after maintenance windows. Excalibur is going to be stuffed for a while as people work through 3.0 content.

Or pay the $18 for a transfer (not sure if you can on a "full" world)

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Demicol posted:

This guy just happened in my Aery run.

Needs time stamps.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So what is the best way to get from 50-60 as a Weaver, is leve spamming still the best or is there an easier way?

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

To everyone who hasn't unlocked high level roulette:

I'm sorry it's annoying but just do it. You'll want it at 60 because you get an easy 100 tomestones from dungeons that everyone knows how to blow through in 15-20m so may as well knock it out now. While there isn't kill xp, you do get xp for finishing the dungeon and it's not terrible.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
General reminder that character transfers have the same restrictions as character creation

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Had a guy who tied a macro to his drawing a card on AST every. single. time. Not pictured is me being told to deal with it by the entire party after telling him it was a bit much.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Verranicus posted:

Had a guy who tied a macro to his drawing a card on AST every. single. time. Not pictured is me being told to deal with it by the entire party after telling him it was a bit much.

Balmung.txt

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Fat_Cow posted:

So what is the best way to get from 50-60 as a Weaver, is leve spamming still the best or is there an easier way?

Yeah, leves are the best way. Complete the MSQ though because a lot of materials are locked to areas later on in it. A few of the leve targets are stuff you can get from MSQ rewards, so check the board for cheapies. Also if you hate money/leve efficiency there's one at 54 for Ramie Crafting Turbans which can be bought in Moghome.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Why's it gotta be a Dark Night? What've they got against Paladins?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Vermain posted:

Why's it gotta be a Dark Night? What've they got against Paladins?

i prefer dark knights because i want them to use both hands to grip.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Why do dark knights hold their sword like retards? I bet SE is having a very good laugh right now.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Dunno if you heard of this guy.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Who is he? Is that ichigo? Oh that's narutoe?

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

Why do dark knights hold their sword like retards? I bet SE is having a very good laugh right now.

It's a variation of a longsword fencing stance that can be found in historical documents and diagrams relating to the subject.
The only thing odd about it is that the real-world stance usually pointed the sword toward the throat of the enemy rather than at a downward angle, and the posture was more upright, but it looks cooler this way so :shrug:

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Klades posted:

It's a variation of a longsword fencing stance that can be found in historical documents and diagrams relating to the subject.
The only thing odd about it is that the real-world stance usually pointed the sword toward the throat of the enemy rather than at a downward angle, and the posture was more upright, but it looks cooler this way so :shrug:

I also like the the animations are done so that it looks likes you're barely in control on something that probably weighs 70 pounds.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Boten Anna posted:

To everyone who hasn't unlocked high level roulette:

I'm sorry it's annoying but just do it. You'll want it at 60 because you get an easy 100 tomestones from dungeons that everyone knows how to blow through in 15-20m so may as well knock it out now. While there isn't kill xp, you do get xp for finishing the dungeon and it's not terrible.

I don't think anyone said they were never gonna do it, just that there isn't a whole lot of point to doing it before 60 because they'd rather be leveling up. Just let people play the game the way they want to, and at 60 when they have the time to spare and aren't itching to finish the MSQ they can go back and do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I would say that once they hit 60 they should go back and do those dungeons anyway for a) new content b) making leveling a second job way easier.

• Locked thread