Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Bunch of early lines dropped. Auburn being a dog at Arky I expected (though not almost a TD?) but I'm a little surprised we're +4 at LSU. Other one that jumps out at me is Bama at UGA a pickem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Bring back the black jerseys and let Alabama wear their home jerseys at Oxford

Who cares what happens it'll look loving awesome

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Raku posted:

Bring back the black jerseys and let Alabama wear their home jerseys at Oxford

Who cares what happens it'll look loving awesome

There needs to be a lot more color on color games. This restriction of one team has to wear white is dumb. We have color TVs now guys, I think we can differentiate provided they aren't the same shades.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
The real surprise to me is Alabama only being a one touchdown favorite at Kyle Field

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Raku posted:

The real surprise to me is Alabama only being a one touchdown favorite at Kyle Field

That's gotta be the John Chavis effect right?

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Bunch of early lines dropped. Auburn being a dog at Arky I expected (though not almost a TD?) but I'm a little surprised we're +4 at LSU. Other one that jumps out at me is Bama at UGA a pickem.

Us beating Oregon sure is a thing that could happen mmhmm

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Those odds are a pretty good indicator of how crazy the Pac-12 south is (probably) going to be this year.

UCLA's odds against South teams:
@Arizona PK
ASU -6
@Utah -1
@USC +3

Arizona's:
UCLA PK
USC +1
Utah -3
@ASU +3

Nothing too surprising for UCLA's odds. The OOC games seem fairly generous considering that they're going to be Josh Rosen's first college games, and I think Arizona not being a favorite in what'll be Rosen's first conference game, let alone the first away game, is giving us a lot of credit and assuming we'll have things at least mostly figured out by then. But hey it's pre-season/fall odds so blind optimism and assumptions are par for the course.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Favored over Oklahoma gently caress yeah

#VFL

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

JesustheDarkLord posted:

#VFL

They got styled on by Cole Stoudt. Curious to see how Oklahoma responds after that.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Manoueverable posted:

Is this the part where I get all :smug: like Thoguh does about wrestling and then everyone tells me to shut up because nobody cares?

I know this is just reinforcing your point but Rutgers is real bad at wrestling. Like super bad.

Also Andichu's Big Gay Wedding still has to be in Ames. We're upgrading the stadium for it and everything.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Alabama @ UGA is going to be such a nuts game that I don't even know. No way for me to get tickets, but I am sure as hell taking some vacation time for that game.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

KKKLIP ART posted:

Alabama @ UGA is going to be such a nuts game that I don't even know. No way for me to get tickets, but I am sure as hell taking some vacation time for that game.

I said all these things in 2008

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
If Alabama fixes its secondary finally I don't expect Georgia to beat them. Chubb is good (better than Gurley imho) but aint nobody gonna run against that line.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

That AUB@ARK -6.5 line that looked a little big has already moved four points in Auburn's direction.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I said all these things in 2008

I didn't say we were going to win, I just said that the hype leading up to this game is going to be insane. I am trying to get to the SCar game this season.

Raku posted:

If Alabama fixes its secondary finally I don't expect Georgia to beat them. Chubb is good (better than Gurley imho) but aint nobody gonna run against that line.

Kinda depends on how we develop at QB. I agree we probably won't be able to run the ball on Alabama like we do on most teams, but our offensive line is pretty much all veterans at this point so we stand a good chance at at least putting up a fight.

E: And after watching Chubb last year, I'm pretty sure I said he was better than Gurley was at least during this part of his carreer, if not overall. If he stays healthy over this summer, he is going to be really really scary. Also he is 5'10" and has the vert skillz to dunk a full size basketball goal being the muscleman he is.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Detroit_Dogg posted:

If he signs the medical DQ it frees up a spot on the 85 for the 2016 class

No it won't. He was not going to count against the limit next year anyway, as he'd have graduated.

It would free up a scholarship for 2015 I guess. Except that they just turned down a transfer from Notre Dame.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

There Are Two Sides To Every Story

Yeah, like the one where he was graduating after this year anyway so it wouldn't have freed up a scholarship in any way that would be useful to the program.

MourningView posted:

That is the least surprising Jim Harbaugh story

I agree. Jim Harbaugh forcing a possible contributor at a position of need off the team for no possible gain isn't surprising at all. ?

I mean, I guess he could have sent him back on the field to die like Shane Morris like Brady Hoke?

Just to be clear: Had he gone on medical hardship it would only have made any difference this season. For which recruiting is over. And should Michigan be shadily looking to get some late transfers in, it has been reported for weeks that they have at least two players with legitimate medical issues who will probably end up on a hardship waiver after next season.

But I mean yeah, the most likely explanation is that Pipkins is 100% healthy and Jim Harbaugh just decided to gently caress him over and get a bunch of bad publicity in order to make his team worse without any benefit for him personally or at a team level. I agree.

also the team doctor says that if he keeps playing football he may be unable to walk normally for the rest of his life due to his destroyed knee. I'm sure this is just more lies to free up that worthless scholarship

Marquis de Pyro fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jun 27, 2015

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
But he's Jim Harbaugh. If this story was about Beamer or Snyder forcing a player to quit I'd be more apt to buy into your line of thinking but Harbaugh has a track record of being a thundering douche.

I mean, I don't know what to tell you. Your new coach is an asshat and it's not an opinion just shared by Enemies of Michigan Athletics. Embrace your dickbag coach or be prepared to type up that same "this makes no sense Jim Harbaugh has nothing to gain from being a oval office" post every like 3-4 months for the next however many years.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
I remember when the two Harbaughs had a super bowl together. I knew absolutely nothing about football then but halfway through the game I was rooting for Baltimore because Jim looked like the biggest douche on the planet.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
He should stick around the university so he can get that very advantageous degree in General Studies that is so valued in the workplace

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Oh early on in the night we had a decently well known old timey OSU player come in and drink a lot of bourbon and he basically just talked about how big a piece of poo poo Woody Hayes was and how he used to beat on his players, that was fun and also really sad.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Football national champs OSU: lost to VT
Wrestling national champs OSU: lost to VT
Baseball national champs UVA: swept by VT
Basketball national champs Duke: beat VT in OT

What a weird year. lovely but weird.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Crotch Bat posted:

VT: 2015 :smith: National Champions.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I can only hope to see that before I die.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

They got styled on by Cole Stoudt. Curious to see how Oklahoma responds after that.

To be fair, Cole played the game of his life that night.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

JesustheDarkLord posted:

#VFL

Is there a real good chance of Tennessee winning? Because ou losing is the best possible outcome of all games not texas

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Metapod posted:

Is there a real good chance of Tennessee winning? Because ou losing is the best possible outcome of all games not texas

I'm not convinced. They lost resoundingly last year and it'll be the same guys starting.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Crotch Bat posted:

But he's Jim Harbaugh. If this story was about Beamer or Snyder forcing a player to quit I'd be more apt to buy into your line of thinking but Harbaugh has a track record of being a thundering douche.

I mean, I don't know what to tell you. Your new coach is an asshat and it's not an opinion just shared by Enemies of Michigan Athletics. Embrace your dickbag coach or be prepared to type up that same "this makes no sense Jim Harbaugh has nothing to gain from being a oval office" post every like 3-4 months for the next however many years.

I don't have any "line of thinking" I have the simple fact that Ondre Pipkins is a senior and thus it doesn't free up a scholarship for 2016 if he leaves the program

OR DOES IT??? Maybe Jim Harbaugh is such a douche that he petitioned the NCAA for an extra year of eligibility for Ondre Pipkins just so he could then take it away and get the scholarship back! Wow, he's like a real super villain.

Of course Jim Harbaugh is a douche, he's an ultra competitive football coach, he probably is a lot like Nick Saban. And that's unfortunate because oh boy does that likely make him a HUGE douche. That doesn't mean that every generic activity he undertakes is douchy though.

His classes at Stanford were all like 18-20 dudes. He has no history of oversigning or having to boot guys out of his program for no reason. Given that this case is clearly nothing like that either, I'm not really sure what it proves.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Nick Saban isn't a douche he's a cool grandpa with a boat

http://alabama.247sports.com/Bolt/Alabama-offers-Willie-Gay--37956776
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/06/alabama-nick-saban-boat-jet-ski

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Raku posted:

I'm not convinced. They lost resoundingly last year and it'll be the same guys starting.

I think there are a few key differences. Namely that Dobbs will be the starter and is a lot more mobile/dynamic in terms of what it opens for the offense. The line might suck, but he won't be a statue to get smeared like Worley was last season. Plus the defensive talent is a lot more developed than it was last season. The Vols defense by the end of the year was entirely decent with some good pass rushers, also the defense wasn't really the issue last year Oklahoma scored everything off short fields from turnovers and did almost nothing in the 2nd half offensively. If the Vols offense can continue to play like it was at the end of the season, they'll have a good shot.

It's not like Oklahoma had a bunch of answers at the end last year either, the starting QB might get unseated by the walk on transfer guy.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Raku posted:

Nick Saban isn't a douche he's a cool grandpa with a boat

http://alabama.247sports.com/Bolt/Alabama-offers-Willie-Gay--37956776

Whoa now,I was pretty sure Alabama hated anything to do with gays

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

KKKLIP ART posted:

Whoa now,I was pretty sure Alabama hated anything to do with gays

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000353477/article/nick-saban-i-would-have-no-problem-signing-gay-player

of course it isn't really news that Satan loves gays

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Good ol' Bear Bryant style football-driven progressivism.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Crotch Bat posted:

:gbsmith:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Pakled posted:

Good ol' Bear Bryant style football-driven progressivism.

Hey

Hey

It's the only progressivism we've got :(

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Jim Harbaugh is a lot like Nick Saban except Nick Saban actually wins big games.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Jim Harbaugh is a lot like Nick Saban except Nick Saban actually wins big games.

i hope both of them die painfully

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Nick Saban owns tho

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Nick Saban doesn't care where you stick your dick as long as you can get consistent pressure on the quarterback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

Thoguh posted:

Nick Saban doesn't care where you stick your dick as long as you can get consistent pressure on the prostrate.

djdanno13 fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jun 27, 2015

• Locked thread