Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Space has no extradition treaty. It makes perfect sense to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Sepp will never be defeated as long as he can hide at the secret FIFA moon base.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Does this affect the effort to move the 2022 World Cup to the Moon or can we petition that for 2026?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Joke's on you guys, he never said "resigned" or "resignation". Hahaha syke

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Complete misunderstanding. He has re - signed.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Fifa president Sepp Blatter breaks his silence: "I did not resign, I put myself and my office in the hands of the FIFA congress."

That piece of poo poo is saying let all his little corrupt 3rd world supporters that have received the kickbacks, inc. decide.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

come to Canada Sepp, I loving dare you, step your goddamn foot across the border

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Masonity posted:

Complete misunderstanding. He has re - signed.

The scary thing is that it wouldn't be that far of a stretch.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

I've always imagined that the powerful people in Switzerland who run corrupt multinational organizations live there basically so they can't get extradited and it's harder for their money to get taken away. Not sure if Blatter proves me right but it's certainly a piece of evidence in favor...

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Imagine being scared of Canada

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

i wouldnt show up for the final of the friggin womans world cup either

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Good news everyone: There's going to be a Chuck Blazer movie.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Brian Blessed has to be the frontrunner to play Blazer.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Kevin James please

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

I hope they take some liberties. I want to see Special Agent Chuck Blazer, FBI.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Anyone interested in playing Blatter should send their audition tape and a wad of used bank notes.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Well nobody saw it coming, did they? Except me, when I told you all multiple times that he'd never leave.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Pretend I quoted the bit about Blatter not actually resigning

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Dirk Pitt posted:

He will resign, host an election, but add a write in to the ballot and CAF and Asia will write him in.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/27/fifa-president-sepp-blatter

quote:

Blatter was asked “hand on heart” if he would renege on his promise to go. “I am not a candidate, but the elected president,” Blatter said in an interview given several days ago. “And I want to hand over Fifa in good condition.”

So he's actually leaving probably maybe next year

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Jokes on you, Blatter has no heart.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Humphrey Vasel posted:

So he's actually leaving probably maybe next year

He can't just have any sith replace him. It needs to be a properly trained apprentice, that takes time.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
epic star wars reference XD

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Now do one about how Sepp Blatter is Sauron and Platini is Saruman.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

quote:

I think the real issue here is that a lot of people don't really understand what Something Awful really is. I have devised a theory that I think will answer a lot of questions. You see, SA is remarkably similar to Middle-Earth. Yes, that's right; Middle-Earth, the setting for the Lord of the Rings. Middle-Earth is just like SA, and when I explain it to you, you'll slap your forehead and go "Of course!"

Etc

Anywhay I don't see how a non-corrupt person could come in from the FIFA Family and clean out their house, and an outsider is going to be royally hosed around with by 3/5ths of their member base. So basically either gently caress international football or Fatafati Fatal Workplace Accident rate.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Azhais posted:

He can't just have any sith replace him. It needs to be a properly trained apprentice, that takes time.

This is a bad post

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
GD add Star Wars references to the list in the OP, thank

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Polidoro posted:

GD add Star Wars references to the list in the OP, thank

This is not the rule you want added *waves hand*

Lmao owned

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

TheBigAristotle posted:

This is a bad post

Don't sign your posts OP.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
*looks at the picture of Hope Solo's backside"

"That's no moon!!"

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
*Hope Solo glares at Jeremy Stevens*

"Get in there, you big furry oaf! I don't care what you smell!"

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
Princess Leia Organa, to Jeremy Stevens: You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought.
Hope Solo: Nice! Come on.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Parody Threads posted:

Princess Leia Organa, to Jeremy Stevens: You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought.

*the picture of Hope Solo showing her Chewbacca*

???

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Parody Threads posted:

Lol

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/29/spanish-football-league-becomes-first-to-take-legal-action-over-qatar-world-cup-dates/

quote:

Spanish football league becomes first to take legal action over Qatar World Cup dates

FIFA’s weather-related move of the 2022 World Cup from to November-December has its first legal challenge.

The Spanish league has filed an appeal against FIFA’s decision to switch the tournament’s dates due to searing summer temperatures in Qatar, saying the 8-week break midway through the season would cost the league close to $72 million.

The legal move, of course, comes as many in the world hope that FIFA will strip hosting duties from Qatar over issues as far-ranging as bribery to horrific workers’ conditions (and horrific might be an understatement).

From the Associated Press: "The Spanish league is a member of the European Professional Football Leagues group, which was consulted. FIFA rejected a European clubs and leagues proposal to play in May-June. Spanish sports newspaper As quoted LFP President Javier Tebas as saying he had filed the lawsuit 'in defense of the interests of the clubs that are contributing to the international teams.' "

In many ways, it’s easy to think a location change for the 2022 tournament is inevitable, but never forget how high-powered of a legal defense can be purchased with Qatari and FIFA money. The tournament may’ve been awarded in a foul manner, but work has already begun for the tournament. We don’t have to like it, but presumably this battle may be closer to its beginning than a final resolution.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

Hopefully they will all join the Spanish in this

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Presumably this is also somehow related to the ongoing fight between La Liga and the Spanish FA (which is fully pro-Qatar because they don't want anyone investigating the shady poo poo associated with their own bid).

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Parody Threads posted:

haha

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

vyelkin posted:

Presumably this is also somehow related to the ongoing fight between La Liga and the Spanish FA (which is fully pro-Qatar because they don't want anyone investigating the shady poo poo associated with their own bid).

Also Barcelona will undermine this since they were involved in the Qatar bid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Byolante posted:

Also Barcelona will undermine this since they were involved in the Qatar bid.

A lot may change after the July elections. Should Laporta win, the new management would be significantly less pro-Quatar than the current one.