Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Refried Hero
Jan 22, 2006

King of the grill

Really want to just empty quote this. Hope it doesn't get lost in the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Jim
Nov 18, 2006

Just a mad weather-ologist :science:
So I dared try to find Barry again and so far so good I've got noething (2014 blog posts, but reposts of old)
But I did find that his full name is Rich Barry - http://www.coroflot.com/frankenbarry
http://www.hireanartist.net/style.asp?cartoonist=363

the_sea_hag
Oct 9, 2012
LOAF FANCIER

The Confederate Army Flag being brought down to hide the racist policies of a neoliberal system which claims to represent racial minorities while in fact pursuing profit at all costs, often using racist tropes to achieve its ends. A Great Cartoon.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Spiffster posted:

In Indiana I've seen overseen at least two same sex couples name changes. When filing the paperwork the marriage license had the opposite gender term crossed out in pen and written above it was the opposite. I haven't seen an updated form just yet but after this I'd assume they'd start updating them to gender neutral terms

I wouldn't hold my breath for government forms being revised in a speedy manner. Think of all the managers and committees that have to ok new forms just so they can feel important!

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Asproigerosis posted:

I wouldn't hold my breath for government forms being revised in a speedy manner. Think of all the managers and committees that have to ok new forms just so they can feel important!

It depends on the county. Quite a few of them prepared an alternate form in advance, anticipating this decision. Others are deliberately dragging their feet, being as passive aggressive as humanly possible. The biggest assholes are shutting down their county clerk offices or ending nuptial serves to avoid marrying gay couples. This echos how some counties fought desegregation by closing all schools and destroyed the future of all the children out of sheer spite.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Man, you sure decided to extinguish my newfound goodwill towards you real quick

If it's about Cabinet I'm not saying that Stephan Harper wouldn't be delighted to have a Cabinet full of old white dudes, I'm just saying that no Prime Minister can anymore. Or ever can, poo poo in the old days PMs used to have to fill their Cabinets with both Protestants and Catholics to fulfill the diversity requirements of the time.

If it's about FPTP it's mostly because I really don't want super hard right wing parties to have any power and FTPP tends to promote moderate, slow change and inhibits radicalism.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

The Iron Rose posted:

If it's about Cabinet I'm not saying that Stephan Harper wouldn't be delighted to have a Cabinet full of old white dudes, I'm just saying that no Prime Minister can anymore. Or ever can, poo poo in the old days PMs used to have to fill their Cabinets with both Protestants and Catholics to fulfill the diversity requirements of the time.

If it's about FPTP it's mostly because I really don't want super hard right wing parties to have any power and FTPP tends to promote moderate, slow change and inhibits radicalism.

This makes it more palatable, yes.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Lightning Jim posted:

So I dared try to find Barry again and so far so good I've got noething (2014 blog posts, but reposts of old)
But I did find that his full name is Rich Barry - http://www.coroflot.com/frankenbarry
http://www.hireanartist.net/style.asp?cartoonist=363

Trust me, I check his website semi-frequently in the hopes that it will update. You guys will be the first to know if and when it ever does.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Asproigerosis posted:

I said start this year, I didn't say finish. We are in Indiana so they were most likely banking on a ban upheld. :allears:

The branch of government I work for is pretty drat speedy but I doubt I'll see anything finalized until next year without pressure from outside groups and even then Pence will go kicking and screaming into the night.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I find it super weird that Allie has slowly transitioned into being an exclusively local cartoonist.

Also, his output has reduced greatly. I guess he wasn't READY for doing a daily strip and his own stuff.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Racism is often perpetrated by willful obtuseness and a refusal to see things in greater cultural context. AGC. Or more specifically, Sam's sister knows she bought that car as part of a General Lee fantasy and mocks Sam for her delusions of rebelliousness while participating in a something largely tolerated if not fully embraced by the mainstream.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

Waifu readily admits that as a white-passing half-Japanese woman, she is often ignorant of the long history of racism against black people in America. Lib Sis reminds her to be more aware of the antiblackness perpetuated by Asian-Americans/mixed race people such as themselves, ultimately calling for the both of them to rebel against white hegemony altogether. A pro-POC solidarity cartoon.

Also, 69.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Mad Whitey

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Xander77 posted:

Yeah, let's wash that momentary competence away:

As usual, the rant is inversely related to the cartoon (at least in terms of sheer shitheadedness).
If harber loses his tears will be so enjoyable.

Hitler B. Natural posted:

Did this get posted? Because I don't remember and it's loving retarded.

edit: "rucking retarded", what am I, Rooby Rucking Roo

Aw Branco surprsies me I thought he's show Roberts and Kennedy as traitors. But he's just showing he's fine with treason.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Not My Leg posted:

Rick Ross is a featureless yellow blob.

Rick Ross is actually pretty svole these days.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Magical general lee changes colors from panel to panel! It's haunted by the Ghosts of dem Duke Boys!

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Spiffster posted:

Magical general lee changes colors from panel to panel! It's haunted by the Ghosts of dem Duke Boys!

I think it's because the green version is what Sam and Zed actually own. It's the sister who's looking at their green Charger and seeing the General Lee.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Bell rubs one out.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

This slope is too slippery!

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
Those are some pretty open minded mormons.

Not My Leg posted:

Rick Ross is a featureless yellow blob.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Rorus Raz posted:

:getin:

Tonight's menu: sour grapes.

There it is! I await more images of men wearing aprons. What's the over/under that any of the bigots will show married women? drat, I was hoping it would be Lester and the woman would have thick stubble and a buzzcut, not a polygamy gag.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Rorus Raz posted:

That is a huge loving newspaper even for a political cartoon.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Rorus Raz posted:

"B-but what if more than two people love each other and want to be married all together?" :byodood:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
e:fb

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'd like to see news media intentionally misunderstanding this cartoon and painting Lester as a champion for the polyamory activists.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Mo_Steel posted:

"B-but what if more than two people love each other and want to be married all together?" :byodood:

It's kind of quaint that they are going with polygamy being a the real threat rather than bestiality or pedophilia. I guess now that gay marriage is normalized they aren't quite as big of a threat to society anymore.

If the civil war was truly about states rights, they lost a long time ago.

True equality means full communism. A Marxist cartoon.

"Why isn't Obama doing anything about ISIS and all the beheadings?"
One week later: "Why is Obama doing something about ISIS and all the beheadings?"

Hillary was genetically engineered as the perfect republican killing machine.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Nice! That baby is super sad, though.

:britain:

Guardian;

"Martin Rowson on the Greek crisis negotiations – A leaked document suggests David Cameron believes a Greek exit may be the best option, though he acknowledged it would carry ‘major risks’" After Géricault.

Telegraph:

Start of Wimbledon.

Times:

Greece debt: Crisis meeting over bailout referendum

Mail:
Mac on... the migrant crisis in Calais

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

:shobon:

Tom Guycot fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jun 28, 2015

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

I actually had a different edit in mind...

:heysexy:

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

I chuckled heartily.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I actually had a different edit in mind...

:heysexy:

The dog needs a label so I know the beastiality is being implied.

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013

Individual rights must always trump the rights of the state. It's great to see that Ramirez is starting to learn Western moral philosophy.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Omnishambles posted:

I think it's because the green version is what Sam and Zed actually own. It's the sister who's looking at their green Charger and seeing the General Lee.

The acid must've kicked in. She is a libtard after all. :lsd:

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Colosmicon posted:

Individual rights must always trump the rights of the state. It's great to see that Ramirez is starting to learn Western moral philosophy.

not ramirez; you can tell because the figures actually look human

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

the_steve posted:

The dog needs a label so I know the beastiality is being implied.

e: Is there a zip file or something with a few political cartoonist fonts? Or did those never actually exist?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rorus Raz posted:

Why does the new wife look so angry? These are the first days of love, she should be thrilled! You don't suppose the man has tricked or coerced her do you? :ohdear:

Maybe pretty blonde women are just bitches?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Rorus Raz posted:

I know it's supposed to be an hourglass figure, but it looks to me like a chunk of flesh has been gouged out of her right side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

The two people in back are Governor Phil Bryant and state AG Jim Hood (aka the fuckwit who wants to wait on a lower court ruling before following the HIGHEST courts ruling).

• Locked thread