Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

ImpAtom posted:

The combat mechanics have pretty solid targeting. If you're hitting an electric guy it is because you're aiming towards them.

The aiming isn't bad per se but I agree with knormal that it just chooses random dudes at times.

It's like, I KNOW that dude is electric, I was trying to punch the regular guy over here instead. Or like I said, having to back triangle a swordsman where the camera spins from swordsman on one side of screen to swordsman on the other.

ImpAtom posted:

That has to be a PC port issue then.

Nope.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jun 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I like to think of the Batmobile as a portable Batman Cannon now.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

seems like after the beginning of the story you use the tank a bit less and they crank up some really hardcore combat and predator scenarios. The first voice vox use in a predator scenario was great and the fact that medics now exist in predator makes it even more insane. But you always get even more tools to counter those odds, they did a fantastic job with upping the ante in all respects to combat and stealth sections. Makes me even sadder that there's almost no challenge maps right now.

Darke GBF posted:

Agreed, on all counts. The Batmobile in this game is loving amazing, and handles like a dream. Even with a maxed out grapnel boost I still alternate between driving places and gliding places frequently just because the drat thing is such fun to drive.

Honestly, everything about this game except for the performance issues has me extremely impressed. The side quests are better, the combat is better/deeper, the variety in gameplay is incredible, the story is entertaining, and this might be the best collection of Joker in all the media he has ever appeared in. The city looks great, and isn't covered in the green Riddler poo poo like Arkham City was.

The chase sections where you barrel around and destroy everything while chasing APCs and their fleet or even a madman in a jetpac were awesome segments. Batmobile when it's used correctly in high octane scenarios is great; I can somewhat deal with the tank Macross sections vs like 20 at once now since it comes infrequently, though the "stealth tank" sections vs those huge tank enemies are really plodding. Ditto for anytime you have to constantly do platform puzzles with it; it slows the pace to an annoying crawl.

Everything else you've said I agree with, though---I actually like how sidequests don't exactly always pinpoint poo poo for you. You have to explore the deep corners of the city to find poo poo like burning roofs or strung up bodies. Easily better than Bane's Titan poo poo quests. And yeah, I absolutely love how the Riddler poo poo isn't OBNOXIOUSLY sprinkled everywhere in the city. It exists but its hidden so it doesn't turn the city into this ugly pastel of "buildings that have riddler buttons and wires all over every block."

The start of the game was kind of slow and put me into the batmobile way too much, but from the Zeppelin section onward the game has been absolutely great.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

What do you have to do for 100%?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
So I've beaten the game and I've got a weird glitch going on. I've done all the Most Wanted missions except for Riddler, but whenever I fly out to that statue of liberty knockoff in the center of the city Deacon Blackfire and Jack Ryder are still there just hanging out. I can't interact with them or anything and if I try leaving the island everything becomes intangible and I just pass through everything until I restart. Doesn't seem game-breaking (yet) but it's still pretty weird.

Still can't get Tower Defense to unlock.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Harlock posted:

What do you have to do for 100%?

Everything pretty much. Including Riddler.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
How do I access the Harley Quinn dlc? Did I have to get a separate code for it or just automatic if I preordered?

I preordered at the 11th hour from GMG and I only received one code. Just assumed I'd get the Harley Quinn dlc but maybe not?

How do I check to make sure I didn't get it?

edit: GMG just forgot to send me the extra key! Problem solved.

Lowness 72 fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jun 27, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Found a video of the dirty cop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dllmFqoVmSU

I love how no one shoots Batman for assaulting an officer. Nor do the officers book the guy themselves. The GCPD is pathetic.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Would you shoot Batman? :v:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Found a video of the dirty cop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dllmFqoVmSU

I love how no one shoots Batman for assaulting an officer. Nor do the officers book the guy themselves. The GCPD is pathetic.

was this because of a previous thing in the story I missed? At first I assumed it was the psychosis taking over and labeling random cops as riddler informants when I did this. I was like "wtf batman is paranoid"

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
You just have to press the interrogation button on him. There's no prompt for it though.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Feenix posted:

The aiming isn't bad per se but I agree with knormal that it just chooses random dudes at times.

It's like, I KNOW that dude is electric, I was trying to punch the regular guy over here instead. Or like I said, having to back triangle a swordsman where the camera spins from swordsman on one side of screen to swordsman on the other.

Nope.

You do realise that every single bit of complaining you've made against the game just makes it sound like you're poo poo at playing it.

"waaaah, the drivings poo poo, it's been made badly", "waaaaaah the comabt's also poo poo, it's like random, Rocksteady made a lovely broken game!"

I can only imagine you frantically pushing all of the buttons in a vain attempt to play the game as your anger rises like some clownish youtube superstar.

edit: mixed up my rock collection

Kin fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jun 27, 2015

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

The controlls are pretty tight. Not sure what the complaing is about.

My main isssue is just forgetting how many combat options I have. I end up falling into a rhythm and ignoring half my options. Batman alway does what I want him to though.

Game is real good. I hope we get more superhero games from Rocksteady.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Kin posted:

You do realise that every single bit of complaining you've made against the game just makes it sound like you're poo poo at playing it.

"waaaah, the drivings poo poo, it's been made badly", "waaaaaah the comabt's also poo poo, it's like random, Rockstar made a lovely broken game!"

I can only imagine you frantically pushing all of the buttons in a vain attempt to play the game as your anger rises like some clownish youtube superstar.

Rockstar making a Batman game could be some poo poo tbh

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Norns posted:

My main isssue is just forgetting how many combat options I have. I end up falling into a rhythm and ignoring half my options. Batman alway does what I want him to though.

there are way too many goofy bullshit attacks in this I'll agree with that

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Norns posted:

I'm the same generally and i think it all goes back to Arkham Asylum. Like i played that game loads and barely relied on whatever gadgets they gave in you in it so i mostly relied on using cover and straight up close encounter takedowns. In fact i only used the gadgets like luring people about for the specific challenges that required them. For the most part, i was patient, waited for an opportunity and then took them out. It was the same thing with City too, we got extra gadgets but i stuck to the basics.

I like i though, because now when i get to a predator section i can do what i usually do or i can pause for a second, look around and see that there's tons of things i can do now instead. From luring people with voices, to shocking them and setting up traps etc. It feels a lit easier and quicker doing that though but the variety is good.

Also, the batmobile might be considered 50/50 by most people playing the game but Rocksteady sure as hell know how to do good setpieces with it. There was so much "gently caress yeah" at the bit where you get the backup batmobile that blasting everything apart was downright fun.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I got 100% and was hoping I'd get a cool Batman costume or be able to free roam as Azrael or Joker but the only thing I unlocked was a non battle damaged outfit, so I guess the final joke is on me.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Pwnstar posted:

I got 100% and was hoping I'd get a cool Batman costume or be able to free roam as Azrael or Joker but the only thing I unlocked was a non battle damaged outfit, so I guess the final joke is on me.

How many hours was that?

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Pwnstar posted:

The non-battle damaged costume isn't even a 100% completion thing. You get that after completing the main story missions.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

So question about Riddler poo poo. I'm doing all the destructible items in the main city to start with, and I've got them all on Bleake and Miagani island, and I have 11 of them on Founder's Island. I've interrogated every Riddler thug (I think) and the only things that aren't showing up on my map are...the last 4 destructibles on that island. I looked at the subway map and there appear to be 3 of them in there, but that still leaves 1 that just isn't showing up anywhere. Any ideas?

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Cloudburst boss fight is complete garbage. Wow.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

TheJoker138 posted:

So question about Riddler poo poo. I'm doing all the destructible items in the main city to start with, and I've got them all on Bleake and Miagani island, and I have 11 of them on Founder's Island. I've interrogated every Riddler thug (I think) and the only things that aren't showing up on my map are...the last 4 destructibles on that island. I looked at the subway map and there appear to be 3 of them in there, but that still leaves 1 that just isn't showing up anywhere. Any ideas?

There are more riddler thugs to find basically. When you think you've got em all there'll be more.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Dishwasher posted:

I managed to finish it by just getting all up in its face so I could constantly bombard its glowing weak spot without re-aiming my shots. Also seemed like the missiles missed me when I was so close to it.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Dishwasher posted:

just because you had to redo it a bunch doesnt make it bad.

they actually managed to make a predator mode for the tank, I liked it.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I can't even begin to describe how much the double dash upgrade helps for the cloudburst fight.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

I have never been more disappointed than when I found out the boss fight with (Post-game spoilers) Deathstroke was just a re-hash of the Cloudburst Tank.

Especially because the fight with them in Origins was so good.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

For some reason, this one isn't grabbing me, and I don't know if I'll finish it. I hope the rumors of a remastered Asylum are true, since it captivated me like none of the sequels have.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
I finally beat Cloudburst by just hitting him in the front and running away until he stopped chasing me and doing that until it died.

Ivy dying a hero's death tho :smith:

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Got my steam refund and purchased this game on PS4, I thought it looked fine on my PC but holy poo poo the difference is night and day. Enjoying the steady frame rate and AO.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Dishwasher posted:

Ivy dying a hero's death tho :smith:

I honestly feel like that whole thing was forced. Throughout the series thus far, her whole characterization has been "I hate you all, meatsacks. :argh:" from almost killing doctors in interview tapes, to actually killing people when her plants took over Arkham Island, to killing random people that came into her flower shop. But now she dies and I'm supposed to feel sad like all of that didn't happen. And the whole reason she sacrifices herself isn't for the people of Gotham, but the trees in it.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

Dishwasher posted:

I thought it was one of the most fun boss fights in the game.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I honestly feel like that whole thing was forced. Throughout the series thus far, her whole characterization has been "I hate you all, meatsacks. :argh:" from almost killing doctors in interview tapes, to actually killing people when her plants took over Arkham Island, to killing random people that came into her flower shop. But now she dies and I'm supposed to feel sad like all of that didn't happen. And the whole reason she sacrifices herself isn't for the people of Gotham, but the trees in it.

Did you enjoy the I AM GROOT moment?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Can I play the dlc story packs at anytime?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Do I need to advance the main story to open up bridge access to founders island? I have a bunch of side quests there that require batmobile.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

keyframe posted:

Do I need to advance the main story to open up bridge access to founders island? I have a bunch of side quests there that require batmobile.

Yes.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Does anyone know how to solve this Riddler trophy puzzle? I know I need to get the robot to the right to stand on the pad, but I just can't figure out how. Anyone complete it yet?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

Can I play the dlc story packs at anytime?

Yeah, Harley Quinn takes place before the main game and contains no spoilers. Red Hood might not even be canon, as far as I can tell.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

JFC posted:

Does anyone know how to solve this Riddler trophy puzzle? I know I need to get the robot to the right to stand on the pad, but I just can't figure out how. Anyone complete it yet?

You need the Riddler voice modulator to control the robot, which you get from another outdoor Riddler puzzle with a robot

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

JFC posted:

Do you have the voice synth unlocked?

When you do there is a robot standing on top of the movie studio that gives you access to Riddlers voice to start commanding them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Qmass posted:

just because you had to redo it a bunch doesnt make it bad.

they actually managed to make a predator mode for the tank, I liked it.
I made it through that bossfight in one try without dying, and I still hated it. You can dislike something without being bad at it. The driving sections are well done, but not what those of us who don't like driving games wanted from the Arkham series.

On a related note, was there any trick to knowing where the drill tank was in the bossfight right after that one? I died in that fight a bunch because I'd come around a corner and drive right into the front of that thing. Unless I was missing something, they really needed to make it show up on the mini-map.

• Locked thread