Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

dunno if i should ask here but are attilla or napoleon total war good because they are on sale and im gonna try them on free weekend

they're definitely the superior of their game pairs (rome/attila and empire/napoleon), i enjoyed them but i'm a hosed up retard.

lmfao loving luxembourg gets unique ideas but not colonial south america
looking forward to this time next year when every nation except those in north africa and south america have unique ideas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

BBJoey posted:

they're definitely the superior of their game pairs (rome/attila and empire/napoleon), i enjoyed them but i'm a hosed up retard.

looking forward to this time next year when every nation except those in north africa and south america have unique ideas

brazil and the tupi have unique so i'm satisfied but gran colombia should deffo have them as well for le bolivar

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

holy poo poo moluccan ideas. +1 merchant, +1 diplomat and +1 colonist. nice

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!

StashAugustine posted:

i hear napoleon is good by total war standards esp the peninsular campaign

yea napoleon is the superior TW in recent years, Shogun 2 is alright as well. I hear the AI in atilla is as atrocious as ever, but that's CA.txt

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

brazil and the tupi have unique so i'm satisfied but gran colombia should deffo have them as well for le bolivar

There's been a bug forever now that American culture pops up if you are GB but it only does it while the colony is still a colony so your colonist just magically converts it back to British again.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wiz is still such a huge drat n*honk*er. French minor ideas but not for Guyenne and Normandy...still no unique Berber ideas.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Larry Parrish posted:

Hey guys just came into the thread, I noticed EU4 doesn't reward you for staying an OPM for centuries? WTF?

some insane guy in the games thread ran an OPM frankfurt game and honestly I kinda want to imitate him now

something on the order of 150k personal + vassal troops as an OPM ain't half bad

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

PleasingFungus posted:

some insane guy in the games thread ran an OPM frankfurt game and honestly I kinda want to imitate him now

something on the order of 150k personal + vassal troops as an OPM ain't half bad

All the troops in the world and those are the borders he's created...

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

MindSet posted:

yea napoleon is the superior TW in recent years, Shogun 2 is alright as well. I hear the AI in atilla is as atrocious as ever, but that's CA.txt

yeah shogun 2 is prob best TW if you're in it for the challenge and mechanics over watching your little romans murder each other

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Just fought the 30 years war for 30 years until it was down to me and Hainaut (emperor) so I could win. Lol mountain forts ftw, Italy games rule

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

shouldn't that have fired the peace of westphalia?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I don't think it was exactly 30 years but it was like 20 something. It took a long time for everyone to take white peace until it was just the emperor (belgium shaped haitnaut) to be the only one left. Then I just owned them hard.

Our leagues were evenly balanced but I guess my teams AI was just worse.

edit: some cool pics http://imgur.com/a/2qmIo

Average Bear fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jun 26, 2015

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
stupid fucker magdenberg didn't grant me an electorate after the war, so now I can't form Italy without leaving the empire. I just want to be republican italy

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

so was ck2+ made before or after wiz became a friend of the family

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stairmaster posted:

He was always a fag

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

wiz was hired after ck2 was released and now he's basically project lead of eu4, i don't think he ever really touched ck2 apart from some ai stuff

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

before. I didn't stop playing ck2 until wiz got hired because i played his mod. It had good faction and rebellion mechanics.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

oh i can't read nevermind.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I keep seeing free cities get stuck totally peniless and unable to do anything all game because peasant rebels bigger than their force limit spawn, take too much damage, and then can't siege the fort down, but the garrison is too small to sortie. This happened to me too but you can just accept demands on peasant rebels, thank god. If it was zealots or something it would pretty much be a guaranteed restart for you.

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Had a really good Venice run going which got stopped cold by the Ottomans, who beat me + France + Castile + Poland-Lithuania. I'm trying to think about what I could have done differently but I'm not sure. They had a bigger army and navy and more manpower than all of us. And their terrain is a nightmare to fight on due to the attrition and the amount of mountains/hills. gently caress.

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Attempt #2. Different approach this time, using a lot more vassals and not just annexing them straight away.

That's more like it!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

kingturnip posted:

I started a 769 game as a Ruler-Designed Mongol Jain ruler in Ireland and it's just as hilarious as promised. I'm King of Ireland and a couple of counties shy of controlling all of Scotland and still less than 100 years into the save.
At Medium Centralization, my current ruler can personally hold all but 3 counties in Ireland with Ultimo. I've upgraded to Castles in my whole demesne and am currently working on building Cities everywhere, too. Which means I've got pretty decent levies available.

A wonderful bonus is the Holy Order - 6k troops available as a healthy insurance policy against heathens that means I don't even need to raise my own troops to squash Catholic uprisings :black101:

Lol at this guy being proud of this. 100 years to conquer Ireland as the most hilariously overpowered culture/religion possible. LAst time I did vanilla Ireland I formed Britannia with the 50 year old dude you start as before he died.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Is there any map game that has a heavy focus on people other than CK2? Not looking for stuff like the Total War series.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lol at this guy being proud of this. 100 years to conquer Ireland as the most hilariously overpowered culture/religion possible. LAst time I did vanilla Ireland I formed Britannia with the 50 year old dude you start as before he died.

Holy poo poo

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

He was always a fag

I honestly played his vicky 1 scenario more than the actual base game. It was a lot of fun.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

People who play CK2 like that are literally subhuman.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

eu4 1.13 beta patchnotes are up:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/beta-patch-1-13-full-patchnotes.866143/

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I did it everyone I finally beat Kebab.

Byzantium is my vassal (about to be annexed) and my recent new vassal Mamluks are about to get a shitload of their cores back from Ottomans. gently caress the Kebab. Even after driving them out of Europe they still got huge again from snacking on Asia.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
from my latest montenegro game:

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Hogge Wild posted:

from my latest montenegro game:

Very nice. How are you doing in the rankings?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

PleasingFungus posted:

Very nice. How are you doing in the rankings?

i was the 7th great power

lol, i was one rank higher than russia

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hogge Wild posted:

i was the 7th great power

lol, i was one rank higher than russia

slavs beating slavs does not count

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
am I a total fag oval office for hating vanilla mapgames? They're just way too easy for me.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Friendly Tumour posted:

am I a total fag oval office for hating vanilla mapgames? They're just way too easy for me.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Friendly Tumour posted:

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Lol

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Friendly Tumour posted:

sounds like you need to choose harder nations

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

PleasingFungus posted:

sounds like you need to choose harder nations

I guess, but losing as Bhutan isn't really 'hard'

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Friendly Tumour posted:

I guess, but losing as Bhutan isn't really 'hard'

I recommend winning, instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This Baltic Crusader game looks like it's going to get annoying...Scandinavia is giant and has taken the Finnish Russian region stuff, and Ottomans are so strong.