Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

BULBASAUR posted:

If it's going to lob shells at buildings or has a big old range and footprint, like the Hades, then you have the option to march it on. But its a trade off- you won't be nearly as good of a position, but it costs less.

I can't speak from experience, but I know some dudes march/drive on their backfield AA.

This. Whatever you drive/walk onto the field has to be able to do its job from the back of the board or have enough time to reach whatever you need it to reach.

The Nemesis has been designed to do this. It's main gun has infinite range so it can be sat at the back sniping stuff or slowly plodding towards any focal points in your half of the board.

The Ferrum or Kodiak are other good examples. You park them behind a building and launch drones across the table or call down orbital death. There is seldom an occasion where you want to put them anywhere near an enemy unit.

Driving on your tanks is a riskier proposition as they are far less mobile without a dropship to rapidly redeploy them in the late game. You might find yourself committed to one flank and unable to react to a threat elsewhere. Scourge might be fast, but their range sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Finished painting the Scourge half of the starter box; cross-posting from the Oath thread.

LazyAngel posted:

Oath Complete!

Apologies for the colours being slightly off;

Sooo many small details, so much drybrushing. Plastic infantry weren't as terrible as I expected. Have no actual intention to play Scourge, unless they're horribly underrepresented at my local club, but the aesthetic has grown on me (stack-of-pancakes dropships not withstanding).

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Very nice! Well worth the effort. It can be surprising how much detail Hawk cram onto these things. Don't recall seeing a gold and green scheme yet, works well I think.

I'm still working on my Nemesis, I'm not at your standard but taking my time. WIP shot:

Thinking I'll do some edge highlights on the grey, still need to pick out lenses then neaten up and varnish.

Then I need to decide on what I'm doing with my Sirens and finish them up. Considering sculpting some chunky rubble in greenstuff for one squad.

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jun 23, 2015

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Ugleb posted:

Then I need to decide on what I'm doing with my Sirens and finish them up. Considering sculpting some chunky rubble in greenstuff for one squad.

Vallejo Coarse Pumice gel (I think) is what I used for the Scourge bases. It's ground pumice in an acrylic medium, and the grind is perfect for rubble at this scale. Will be using liberally for the UCM infantry as well.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Four new units up for pre-order and rules went up (officially) for Eviscerators and Ronin the other day.

http://www.hawkwargames.com/collections/summer-releases

No rules for the latest four but the fluff descriptions are interesting. I really wasn't expecting to see units packaged with their own dedicated transports!

I'm thinking the Medusa will be both exotic and rare judging by the description. I'm hoping it might fill some sort of 'weight of fire' role giving PHR a unit to whittle down lighter more numerous enemy units. I'm not sure if the upper pods on the Triton X are engines or some kind of resupply unit. An user fast Triton might be cool.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Not a fan of the 'Triton With Tosters', but the Medusa looks rad. It's also cool to see more infantry choices for all the armies except resistance (who already had them out the door).

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

BULBASAUR posted:

Not a fan of the 'Triton With Tosters', but the Medusa looks rad. It's also cool to see more infantry choices for all the armies except resistance (who already had them out the door).

Do I detect a hint of jealousy? :smuggo:

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Now even more tempted by PHR, although I do like the UCM aesthetic. Bitch to magnetise though - managed to do the whole of the UCM side of the starter over the course of one week. 2 2mm magnets in each 'paddle' of the dropship clamps, and two in the side of each vehicle.

Buggered up half the tanks (left and right are mis-matched), and my patience would only go as far as pinning and articulating two of my Sabres. All of them have the turrets magnetised, but the Rapiers are fixed, because there are bloody limits to my ability to glue small objects that adhere themselves to my tweezers...

The IFV carrier will still be able to fit a hawk widget and a regular flight stand. For the other two, I'll stick a big (4mm?) magnet to the top of a flight stand, which will grip happily to the turret-magnet (3mm) of the central tank. It's more stable than you'd imagine.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
The Sisko and I just played our very first match of OwnZone Brommander. His Resistance against my PHR. Final score was 5:4 in his favor (gently caress your freeriders, glorious white sphere will have its digital revenge!). We played 1000 points for a good 4 hours, which put us at about the time it takes us to slam through a 1500 point 40 Kay game. That said, we're just learning the ropes so our next games will go much faster.

PHR ended up playing a lot like my legion armies- exactly what I hoped for. I used command cards a lot, the robits are tough as hell, and deployment is critical due to their slow movement. I was surprised that some of the resistance units had 2+ accuracy, but they also felt like a really cool balanced army.

My impressions of the game are very positive. It's extremely tactical and there are often several meaningful decisions you must make every activation. I like the turn format, speed, and focus on objectives a lot. Each roll feels very meaningful and the ability to blow up terrain rocks. The game feels extremely balanced compared to 40/30 Kay and I can see uses for every unit in my army, particularly the new infantry models. Our game came down to the wire with Sisko's freeriders running off with a last second objective grab.

My criticisms after a single game are: 1) a lack of secondary objectives 2) no armor facing values. For the latter, I get that they are omitted to expedite the game, but for something so tactical I feel armor values for different facings would add a meaningful level of complexity.

Sisko will probably write his thoughts here as well, but overall I'm very excited to keep playing this game. Definitely satisfied with my army and the game overall.

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jun 27, 2015

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

And that is how this game inspired me to get back into wargaming for myself. ;)

Secondary objectives is a curious one, I guess you could write them into scenarios somehow but it might become overly complex. On the other hand it's easy to house rule and Hawk do encourage that sort of thing.

You could probably house rule the armour facing by removing a point of armour on rear firing arcs or something.

You will find that your games get faster as you become familiar with the rules and stats.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Yeah, its one of those things, once you get going its simple - once the armour table clicks, it'll get a LOT quicker.

I just ordered some mortars, an Eagle, some Katana's and some longbows. The latter to qualify for free postage - basically making them free. I'm wanting to go to Autumn Invasion, and this time represent a good air wing UCM.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Ok, someone explain this to me because it isn't making sense. Looking at the experimental rules for the Immortal Longreach Team, their transport options say this:

Transport -1x Triton A1, Strike Dropship (2 units each) or: 1x Juno A1/2 (2 units each). In addition, may share 1x
Neptune Medium Dropship with any of the following: AM Rifle Team, Immortals Squad or Sirens Squad, providing
they are both mounted in Juno A1/2 IFVs.

Now 'AM Rifle Team' is referring to the Longreach Team themselves as Hawk switched names at some point, but its the sharing transport with Sirens that I can't figure out. Longreach teams are a basic troops choice, Sirens are exotic. How do you get the two into the same battlegroup and into Juno's? You can put Sirens into Angelos skimmers as a support choive, but that is as close as I get. What do we think, miss-print or is something changing here?

Wind Tempest
Oct 9, 2007

I am the culmination of all that is wrong with japan.

Ugleb posted:

Ok, someone explain this to me because it isn't making sense. Looking at the experimental rules for the Immortal Longreach Team, their transport options say this:

Transport -1x Triton A1, Strike Dropship (2 units each) or: 1x Juno A1/2 (2 units each). In addition, may share 1x
Neptune Medium Dropship with any of the following: AM Rifle Team, Immortals Squad or Sirens Squad, providing
they are both mounted in Juno A1/2 IFVs.

Now 'AM Rifle Team' is referring to the Longreach Team themselves as Hawk switched names at some point, but its the sharing transport with Sirens that I can't figure out. Longreach teams are a basic troops choice, Sirens are exotic. How do you get the two into the same battlegroup and into Juno's? You can put Sirens into Angelos skimmers as a support choive, but that is as close as I get. What do we think, miss-print or is something changing here?

Hawk has a tendency to add stats and rules that don't make sense yet. He tries to future proof his rules. In the event that he adds some rule or commander that allows the Siren to be taken as a Troop choice or modifies the Infantry Battlegroup to have exotics(like resistance).

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

BULBASAUR posted:

1st game Impressions.

I for the most part agree with everything you say. The game is very tactical and as you said it came down to the wire and that for me is a sign of a great game. I really love this game and I too love the way my army felt this game. Resistance might not have the best equipment but hot drat they put them to the best use as evidenced by my gun wagons and my god do I love the tanks (especially firing that big gently caress off gun on the Alexander) ! I was thinking about your criticisms and I really don't mind not having different armor values and secondary objectives. I think that were just so used to them as Warhammer players that their absence sticks out for us . My 1 sort of complaint from my first game is that since your not rolling to much dice (outside of CQB) that 1 or 2 bad dice can change the game drastically , however that being said it does make every roll feel important. I really like the command cards even though it really helped me in one instance. Overall I'm excited to get another game going.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Hey Resistance buddy, what list did you use?

Also I'm assuming you used Allied Resistance?

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

Recoome posted:

Hey Resistance buddy, what list did you use?

Also I'm assuming you used Allied Resistance?

Yup allied resistance. I'm on my phone posting at the moment so this probably won't be too neat.

Alexander in Lifthawk.

1 squad of 4 freeriders.

2 cyclones

3 gun wagons riding in a Kraken

2 Hannibals with a Lifthawk

3 squads of 2 resistance fighters with Jacksons and Lifthawk.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Ah nice, thanks for that. I am running Feral Resistance and the only difference I have in my list to yours is that I was looking at Gun Technicals over the Freeriders.

frest
Sep 17, 2004

Well hell. I guess old Tumnus is just a loverman by trade.
I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on a PHR army. I have concerns however about the quality of the plastic sculpts in the starter set.

I have the option to go with the older resin + metal set if needs must, but I'm having a hard time finding side-by-side comparison images of the sculpts. Are the new immortals + walkers so bad?

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

frest posted:

I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on a PHR army. I have concerns however about the quality of the plastic sculpts in the starter set.

I have the option to go with the older resin + metal set if needs must, but I'm having a hard time finding side-by-side comparison images of the sculpts. Are the new immortals + walkers so bad?

You won't see that much difference on the walkers, but the plastic infantry are basically blobs.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

frest posted:

The plastic walkers are perfectly fine. The plastic PHR infantry look like they were assembled out of tubes in the form of a very static and vaguely man-like shape.

frest
Sep 17, 2004

Safety Factor posted:

The plastic walkers are perfectly fine. The plastic PHR infantry look like they were assembled out of tubes in the form of a very static and vaguely man-like shape.

Grey Hunter posted:

You won't see that much difference on the walkers, but the plastic infantry are basically blobs.

Ok. The main incentive to go with plastic is that the Neptunes alone almost cost as much as the whole thing anyway, and it seems like the complaints are strongly centered on the Immortals.

I'm thinking Starter + Command cards, Zeus + Odin Blisters to start. I'll just buy a blister of Immortals to replace the plastic ones, that's not a very expensive issue.

Based purely on skimming the rules it seems like the army got opened up a lot in Reconquest, what with the Helios, Apollo, and Mercury as options. I can't imagine why you'd take a Janus anymore for example?

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

The plastic Juno's are vastly superior to resin.

The Neptune's and Walkers are IMO comparable to resin but much cheaper. You also get lots of spare arms with the plastic that are easily magnetised giving you more flexibility.

The Immortals are low detailed and frankly disappointing. You can however replace them with resin and still save yourself money overall. The good news is that once you have painted them and put them on the table they don't look that bad unless you lean in close.

Honestly you should buy the plastic starter and just replace the Immortals later if they are bothering you.

Edit - That sounds like a decent way to start expanding. Zeus and Odin are a good combination or can be used separately.

The reason to take Janus is that they are cheap AA and have the scout ability to extend your commanders sphere of influence. I think Reconquest probably did make them a less default pick but then not many units in DzC are. Mercury's are great at helping infantry with objectives but they bring even less firepower (and no AA) to your army.

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jul 1, 2015

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I just started work on my army, and I agree with what everyone has said. Get the plastic PHR starter because it still saves you money, but buy the metal troops instead. In fact, you should probably get the new sniper unit as they are a pretty solid upgreydd to regular old Immortals. You'll want a few Triton transports.

The plastic Junos are leagues better than the resin ones as well. So even if you got the resin starter kit you'd still have to deal with at least 1 lovely model.

As for the difference in quality for non-troops, it's pretty marginal between the plastic and resin.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I would personally suck it up with the plastic infantry while you are buying other bits like the new snipers or Sirens and come back to upgrading them later.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I threw mine away :v:

Just not worth the work

frest
Sep 17, 2004

Ok so me and a friend of mine just mushed together what we'll have in the PHR and Resistance starter boxes plus a few blisters, and we see a lot of potential here. I had a few rules questions that I wasn't positive about and I'll check the FAQs and stuff tomorrow. Before I do that I was wondering if anyone can set them to rest:

Dropships can move half their movement value, drop their contents and rapid dust off, thus being only targettable by AA, correct? We had a case where the dropship moved it's max value just to get in range for embarking the units, does it count as being landed (and thus no longer needing AA to shoot it?)

A Lifthawk is blown up, while carrying 3 Jacksons with 6 stands of infantry, one of which is carrying an objective. We roll the Destroyed in the Air result, does that mean that we have to roll 3 instances of the Ground Transport Destroyed table, or do the Jacksons just die immediately? Basically do we need to do Russian nested doll rolls for destruction of transports within transports?

General comments: shooting felt really decisive when you had the right tools for the job. His Flame Wagons clearing out two stands of Immortals in one go, a pair of Odins making swiss cheese out of an Alexander in 2 turns. It feels really good to have units just straight-up immune to small arms fire.

There was a lot of hesitation in movement, which I expect to change as we get a better handle on the rules. From turns 4-6, we both had attempted to extract an objective and had the dropships shot down, and it seemed at that point like it was headed for draw city USA because nobody had a unit that could close the distance to the objective that survived in time.

frest fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jul 9, 2015

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

If your dropship is in the air then only AA can shoot it. If it is landed then it counts as a regular ground unit.

If you are making a deployment move then the taking off and landing is free and you can choose to end the move in either state. It is all considered paid for by the halved move distance.

If you are doing a full move then you can choose to take off or land if you want by paying 2". If for some reason you want to do both then it's 4" in total.

I dunno if it would have helped in your game but there is the 'to the deck' rule that let's your aircraft fly 2" above the table rather than 6". It can be useful for hiding behind buildings away from AA. The catch is that you risk crashing when you attempt it.

Will have to check the destroyed in the air thing, I don't have that memorised tbh.

frest
Sep 17, 2004

Ugleb posted:

If your dropship is in the air then only AA can shoot it. If it is landed then it counts as a regular ground unit.

If you are making a deployment move then the taking off and landing is free and you can choose to end the move in either state. It is all considered paid for by the halved move distance.

If you are doing a full move then you can choose to take off or land if you want by paying 2". If for some reason you want to do both then it's 4" in total.

I dunno if it would have helped in your game but there is the 'to the deck' rule that let's your aircraft fly 2" above the table rather than 6". It can be useful for hiding behind buildings away from AA. The catch is that you risk crashing when you attempt it.

Will have to check the destroyed in the air thing, I don't have that memorised tbh.

Ok thanks for this. So we did that wrong, the transport that had used its entire halved movement could still have taken off after picking up the ground units, and then been immune to non-AA weaponry.

I need to take a shitload more AA for my PHR then, especially if I want to down against the heavy dropships like Lifthawks before they extract stuff.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
One of the most important rules for PHR is that if you exceed your needed damage roll by two, you do two points of damage.

i.e. you need a 3, but roll a 5 or 6.
i.e. you need a 4, but roll a 6

Also, AA weapons ignore the defense bonus that skimmers get.

frest
Sep 17, 2004

A post so nice, I made it twice

frest fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jul 9, 2015

frest
Sep 17, 2004

dexefiend posted:

One of the most important rules for PHR is that if you exceed your needed damage roll by two, you do two points of damage.

:stare:
I did not know that. We just assumed the E/A chart was just like Fantasy or 40k to-wound chart. That... changes... some things. That's going to go a long way towards thinning out the horde of Gun Wagons and whatever coming my way!

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

frest posted:

I did not know that. We just assumed the E/A chart was just like Fantasy or 40k to-wound chart. That... changes... some things. That's going to go a long way towards thinning out the horde of Gun Wagons and whatever coming my way!

Well, it doesn't really help against hordes since you declare the actual model you're shooting rather than squads. Unless they have 2+ damage points for some reason, I guess. It's more meant to wreck heavier units (like your walkers :v:) and even buildings. Enyos can do something ridiculous like 8 damage points to a building with good dice.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

Safety Factor posted:

Well, it doesn't really help against hordes since you declare the actual model you're shooting rather than squads. Unless they have 2+ damage points for some reason, I guess. It's more meant to wreck heavier units (like your walkers :v:) and even buildings. Enyos can do something ridiculous like 8 damage points to a building with good dice.

Yeah gun wagons have two DP. They also have 6 armor which is pretty insane for a truck, but they don't have any countermeasures

Any thoughts on dis list?
code:
Clash: 1500/1500 points
Standard Army
	Resistance Standard [1500/1500 pts]
		Warlord's HQ [485 pts]
			Thunderstorm: NT-5 Thunderstorm Custom(Leader) [245 pts]
			Cyclones: 4x AH-16 Cyclone [240 pts]
		Vehicle Detachment [113 pts]
			Gun Wagons: 3x Gun Wagon, NT-1 Kraken [113 pts]
		Vehicle Detachment [253 pts]
			Gun Wagons: 3x Gun Wagon, NT-1 Kraken [113 pts]
			Freeriders: 4x Freeriders [140 pts]
		Resistance Band [232 pts]
			Fighters: 3x Resistance Fighters, NT-1 Kraken, 2x Battle Bus(+Rocket Launcher Battery) [160 pts]
			^ Sharing ^ Fighters: 3x Resistance Fighters [72 pts]
		Infiltrators [257 pts]
			Gun Technicals: 6x Gun Technical, NT-1 Kraken [98 pts]
			Marine Force Recon: 2x Marine Force Recon, Raven A/S(+Missile Pods) [159 pts]
		Fast Strikers [160 pts]
			Archangel Pathfinders: 2x Archangel Pathfinder [160 pts]
Basic idea is that the Thunderstorm, Cyclones, and Freeriders provide my AT, while the gun wagons and pathfinders provide AA. Move forward, engage, hopefully have the superiority in numbers of infantry to take objectives.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

frest posted:

It is one reason the Phobos is so expensive. An E7 AA gun can get double damage on a lot of flyers.

Another important rule for Ares, not on their quickstart card: the worst an Ares hit roll can ever be is 3+.

Clean me up as my rulebook is at home, but an Ares shooting a fast skimmer around the edge of a building is still a 3+.

frest
Sep 17, 2004

Most of the Wagons are 2 DP I think, and just high enough Armor to be immune to small arms fire? This means there's a decent chance that any given railgun shot will be killing a wagon, at near infinite range due to the lack of any countermeasures on them. We're also getting some terrain kits so lanes of fire will be a lot shorter going forward as well. This does make the Phobos much more potent than I had initially considered though.

Does this mean Devastator-X weapons that roll 2 over the required value will cause X * 2 damage points total?

We used to make a lot of Youtube battle reports for GW games, and I think the fast paced alternating turns nature of DZC lends itself more to a "pass-the-camera-back-and-forth" style of report rather than narration over still images.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Devastating (and demolition) both double the amount of DP you are dealing. If you double up on your damage roll then devastator doubles it again so you could be dealing up to 4 DP in one hit.

Another special ability to look out for particularly on PHR units is shaped charge. That allows you to always deal 1 DP if you roll a 6 to damage (not to hit) regardless of the targets armour value. Your immortals sniper rifles and Neptune's have this.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash
We've done a couple battle reports for DZC - still learning how to make them interesting. Check it out if you're interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhO6GT1VDf4

frest
Sep 17, 2004

muggins posted:

We've done a couple battle reports for DZC - still learning how to make them interesting. Check it out if you're interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhO6GT1VDf4

I love battle reports so I am definitely checking this out and passing it along, thanks!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Right, so I just booked Ugleb and I's Autumn Invasion tickets .

In February, we were able to drag Goonswarm (Maybe Dropgoons this time?) into last place in the team competition. (I died on the first day due to lack of sleep, Ugleb was using a list made up of stuff people got him for Xmas two months before.) Any other UK goons thinking about heading down to sunny Croyden this September? I'm planning on trying an air-cav UCM list, but I'm torn between gunships or fast movers - the former is more reliable, but the latter could help. So far, the Phoenix is a given. Ugleb and I need to get some practice games in!

For anyone who hasn't been to Invasion, its a great time - its a two day, five game non elimination tournament. plus there is the open day where you can see the upcoming releases, and scare Hawk Dave, the guy who made the game. (Okay, the latter is optional, but we were early, and he was putting the new commanders in the cabinet....)

last time, we got fed at lunch both days, (which was a surprise, but they are repeating this time.) and the gift pack included the new command cards, so the £30 ticket almost paid for itself.

TLDR - Go to invasion. Goons Need you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I have been giving thought to a new team name; OH GOD THE SKY IS FALLING!

But I guess DropGoons is more optimistic. Also I won't have the excuses of this being my first tournament or going in with a scraped together army list. ;)

This time I have access to a much more fleshed out collection and more time to prepare, so I will be raising my aspirations beyond not coming last.

Speaking of which I was just reading this blog post on Orbital Bombardment about building lists to use the minimum number of battlegroups and activations rather than the maximum (which is the conventional wisdom). It is an interesting read!

http://dzcblog.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/can-less-activations-be-game-changer.html?m=1

His final point about PHR is interesting and on paper it sounds fairly compelling. If you are going to be the most predictable army in the game thanks to having the worst mobility, maybe you should stop trying to play everyone else's game and just try to own it!

Where I think this probably comes unstuck is with fast movers and maybe infantry CQB. If your Athena(s) have to take their turn in the middle of the opponents activations (because you ran out) then there probably will be more AA left holding its reaction fire.

What do we think?