Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

gonna make SJWs hoppin mad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

If you like nerd games for nerds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om9eTFERicM

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Gotta vote for it: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=461891282

I never played a DOTA, but I might now

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I would like some more rick and morty now please.

Azmodaii
Aug 16, 2008
I only just saw this, and holy poo poo I was not expecting it to be as great as it was.

the grave scene and then morty asking his sister to watch tv with him was so good, it's been a day and I'm still thinking about those scenes.

can't wait for july to roll on.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Azmodaii posted:

I only just saw this, and holy poo poo I was not expecting it to be as great as it was.

the grave scene and then morty asking his sister to watch tv with him was so good, it's been a day and I'm still thinking about those scenes.

can't wait for july to roll on.

you lucky bastard. the last episode of season one aired last april...

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Yeah but he missed out on great maymays like people posting signs that say 2 Brothers

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
it's called 2 brothers...2 brothers...it's just called 2 brothers haha

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Said it before, if Rixty Minutes doesn't become their annual Treehouse of Horror I'm done with this show.

Ok fine I'll still watch it, you twisted my arm.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Show me the Morty!

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I still want a full episode of Ball Fondlers.

Is it supposed to be on tonight? It's not listed on TVguide.com

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

VideoTapir posted:

Ahahaha season 2 will never air. You're so cute to think otherwise. :3:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

100yearswaitseason2.org

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

VideoTapir posted:

thetvdb.com says July 26th, but I don't know where it gets its source data from:
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=275274&seasonid=623124&lid=7

OZC
Jan 28, 2008
Adult Swim confirmed that date on Twitter back in May.

https://twitter.com/adultswim/status/598946662816452608?lang=en

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

For anyone that forgot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpejckQgpeg

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Zsinjeh posted:

it's called 2 brothers...2 brothers...it's just called 2 brothers haha

This and "come on-on-come on down" from Something Ricked are my favorite things I love the improv nature of this show

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

"Well, we've got a show that we think will do really well, it's just the talent is a little bit off his rocker..."

"How bad we talking here?"

"Well, if this puts it into context, we have him working with Dan Harmon and Dan Harmon comes out looking like the normal one."

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

The Red Queen posted:

"Well, we've got a show that we think will do really well, it's just the talent is a little bit off his rocker..."

"How bad we talking here?"

"Well, if this puts it into context, we have him working with Dan Harmon and Dan Harmon comes out looking like the normal one."
'He voiced Lemongrab on Adventure Time, and we're pretty sure he improvised that character entirely."

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

JT Jag posted:

'He voiced Lemongrab on Adventure Time, and we're pretty sure he improvised that character entirely."

After hearing in the commentary that he came up with the Mr Meseeks voice while rolling on the floor during a writers-meeting breakdown...this might be plausible.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

ultramiraculous posted:

After hearing in the commentary that he came up with the Mr Meseeks voice while rolling on the floor during a writers-meeting breakdown...this might be plausible.

Most good art comes from broken places and people.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

I'm one of those who just discovered and binged through this and absolutely loved it. It kills me that this only got 10 episodes and is brilliant, but other shows out there that seem like trash get 2 or 3 times the episodes. Even the intro music feels perfect. It had moments where I was annoyed a bit, but I don't know a show that doesn't. It made up for it with great moments and got some deep thoughts across amazingly well, kind of like Adventure Time does, in amongst the silliness.

I've really enjoyed this, Adventure Time, Metalocalypse, Futurama, Simpsons (I know... still watch it, though and that guest gag is what got me to finally watch R&M), and Bojack Horseman. I've not cared for South Park, Family Guy, American Dad, Bob's Burgers and a few others. So, is there something to recommend to go through in a similar vane?

I did start the first episode of Gravity Falls, wasn't too in to it, but haven't got back to it yet. I'll try to give it a shot, though.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

JT Jag posted:

I feel like there has been this weird chain of improv where he had an interview about adventure time and said there would be one years of adventure time with one hundred years and one hundred adventures which he translated into saying there would be one hundred ricks and one hundred morties which actually eventually became the actual plot of rick and morty.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

AzureSkys posted:

I'm one of those who just discovered and binged through this and absolutely loved it. It kills me that this only got 10 episodes and is brilliant, but other shows out there that seem like trash get 2 or 3 times the episodes. Even the intro music feels perfect. It had moments where I was annoyed a bit, but I don't know a show that doesn't. It made up for it with great moments and got some deep thoughts across amazingly well, kind of like Adventure Time does, in amongst the silliness.

I've really enjoyed this, Adventure Time, Metalocalypse, Futurama, Simpsons (I know... still watch it, though and that guest gag is what got me to finally watch R&M), and Bojack Horseman. I've not cared for South Park, Family Guy, American Dad, Bob's Burgers and a few others. So, is there something to recommend to go through in a similar vane?

I did start the first episode of Gravity Falls, wasn't too in to it, but haven't got back to it yet. I'll try to give it a shot, though.

Similar vein.

Venture Brothers?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

AzureSkys posted:

I'm one of those who just discovered and binged through this and absolutely loved it. It kills me that this only got 10 episodes and is brilliant, but other shows out there that seem like trash get 2 or 3 times the episodes.

That's going to be connected - when every episode is written by a couple of guys, you can only get so many of a high quality.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

AzureSkys posted:

Archer, Squidbillies maybe. Seconding Venture Brothers.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

AzureSkys posted:

Invader Zim, The Boondocks, Rocko's Modern Life, the first 2 seasons of Ren & Stimpy, Freakazoid!, Space Ghost: Coast to Coast and Beavis & Butt-Head are all good.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
How has no-one mentioned Sealab 2021 or Aqua Teen Hunger Force yet?

Admittedly I can only speak to early Aqua Teen, I lost track of it a long time ago.

EDIT - or Frisky Dingo?!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

When watching Zim, don't ever look up Zim. Don't ask people about Zim.

You will go places ye should not go.

Also, Justin Roliand is a national treasure and Unbelievable Tales is hilarious.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Here's my recomendation: Watch Major Lazor.

It's funny, beautifully animated, and has great music. Start with the most recent episode "Throwback Thursday" because even though I like the first episode I feel it's a little weaker than some of the others they've done.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I've occasionally watched something called Mr. Pickles, featuring a Satanic border collie. It's odd, but kind of funny.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

johntfs posted:

I've occasionally watched something called Mr. Pickles, featuring a Satanic border collie. It's odd, but kind of funny.

I gave it a shot. Not my cup of tea.

Crossing the line twice isn't as easy to do as people often think. Sometimes it works great--amazingly, Rick and Morty manage to do it well most of the time, and the results are hilarious. The kind of hilarious where you know you must be a horrible person for laughing so hard, but it's so funny that it doesn't matter. Mr. Pickles, at least to me, tries super-hard to do that. It's like Superjail squared, and it just doesn't work for me. It's like they said, "Dark and irreverent and grotesque animation is funny. Therefore, super-dark, ultra-irreverent, and hyper-grotesque animation will be mega-funny! Eureka!"

Then again, it took me a while to warm up to Superjail, so maybe if I keep watching Pickles I'll start liking it?

Adult Swim can be weird.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
I want to recommend Home Movies in addition to everything already mentioned. It's got that certain vaguely improvisational tone.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

qntm posted:

I want to recommend Home Movies in addition to everything already mentioned. It's got that certain vaguely improvisational tone.

Pretty much a lot of Loren Bouchard's stuffs is good.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Why not just say every animated show from the last 30 years and be done with it.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

VideoTapir posted:

Why not just say every animated show from the last 30 years and be done with it.

Seems like there were a few animated shows related to the White House that would make such a statement a very bad idea. What were they... I think one was called That's My Bush or something, and there was one for Clinton's cat, I think? Just... just awful.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

tarlibone posted:

Seems like there were a few animated shows related to the White House that would make such a statement a very bad idea. What were they... I think one was called That's My Bush or something, and there was one for Clinton's cat, I think? Just... just awful.

I think that's my bush was live action, but there was also one called lil bush or something that was animated. I never saw a full episode, but I swear it's real.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea I wanna say Lil Bush was from the South Park creators too

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

It was run by Frank caliendo. I remember it being pretty terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Don't watch Allen Gregory no matter what happens.

• Locked thread